Lightbulb Alpine INA-W900E for RB3 Odyssey

I have been looking around for the right HU replacement for our Odyssey and think that the Alpine INA-W900E seems to have everything (+more) that I am after well integrated into the single unit.

Alpine INA-W900E

What I want is bluetooth that works with Iphone 4, 7"screen, DVD, reverse camera capable, steering control compatible and nav is a bonus really. No other brand seems to have a completely integrated unit like the Apline as they make a direct connect camera as well as the s/w connection module. No need for third party items.

The real problem is the price...have been quoted $2600 fitted with reverse camera and s/w controls. Probably a good price given that the rrp of the unit is $1,999 but way too much for us.

I am off to Singapore shortly and was wondering if the SG unit would work here? i.e. would I be able to pick up a multi-region head unit and update the maps to Oz?

With the strong dollar it makes perfect sense to be looking to buy out of the country. Has anyone tried this successfully??

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    Personally alpine is my second choice becos it does not play video from USB. Otherwise it's a great unit.

I also think steering wheel control intergration do not worth the cost. $200 to control volume and change track? I'd use the remote instead thank you.

Dunno about the map. Maybe it will work with a local map but not sure. Personally id just buy and installed locally to avoid the trouble and the warranty.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

$200 for steering control?!?! i only paid $80 and now its working with my unit

The rrp of the Alpine steering wheel module is $129 so $80is a great price.

No real answer as to wether an SG unit would work in Oz or if the DVD player is multi region??

Given the price difference buying o/s it is hard to ignore that option, possible warranty issues aside...these units are being sold for US$799 in US...how sh*t is the local mark up!! Best I can find local retail is around $1800.
    Last edited by Kneedown; 02-05-2011 at 12:01 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    well i dun think many ppl tried an import HU with local map so there won't be much info.

and i think the DVD is region locked too.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Polar Bear Array
    Car:
    09 RB1 Lux
    I bought my JVC head unit from HK and the DVD region free.
    Team Agentz

Options Motorsports

My Accord Euro: [ENDUT]

My Odyssey: [BRUANG]

MY GARAGE SALE

Have decided to go with a mechless Alpine IXA-W407EBT head unit as we never carry CD's in teh car anymore. This will be mated to a roof mount DVD player which can be a back up CD/DVD player if required.

Alberts want $300 to connect a steering wheel control interface which I find a bit ridiculous, the PAC-SWI-JACK has a rrp of $98 on the PAC website!

What have you guys typically paide for SWI module? Anyone have any ideas why this connection is so expensive or if there is a cheaper work around?

the module itself is not expensive but the technique to program it works with yr steering control worth money. quite pain at the back side when i saw my friend did it last time and i can't learn a little bit......

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneedown View Post
    Have decided to go with a mechless Alpine IXA-W407EBT head unit as we never carry CD's in teh car anymore. This will be mated to a roof mount DVD player which can be a back up CD/DVD player if required.

Alberts want $300 to connect a steering wheel control interface which I find a bit ridiculous, the PAC-SWI-JACK has a rrp of $98 on the PAC website!

What have you guys typically paide for SWI module? Anyone have any ideas why this connection is so expensive or if there is a cheaper work around?
    Paid $250 for the PAC SWI module at Alberts Joondalup, not inc installation cost. I believe they charged me $200 to install HU, roof mount screen and the PAC SWI.... only got my car back after 3 days. That was 2 years ago.
    Last edited by evolution; 18-05-2011 at 07:09 PM.
    Old man that drives slow cars

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    JB Hi FI is doing 30% off all car audio equipment today so I couldn't resist and bought the Alpine with direct connection rear cam. All for $1635!!!!! (excluding installation)
    Last edited by Philip Lee; 22-05-2011 at 05:41 PM.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc