Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Odyssey 06

Oddy Brake Problem

hey there guys i replaced the front pads in my 06 oddy now the pedal is very spongey and nearly goes to the floor do i need to blead them the brakes work fine but im worried re going nearly to the floorany ideas guys

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    change fluid and bleed the brake first.

also maybe your new pads need bedding in?

did you change or machine the disc?
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Odyssey 06
    thanks for your reply i replaced the front pads after feeling spongey we bled the fronts at the calipers they do feel a bit better so hopefully maybe just need bedding in. im just used to a strong hard pedal to what it dont have now

bedding in on pad doesn't make any difference imo. sponge feeling on pedal should relates to brake fluids or air in brake fluid. if you sure bleed thoughly then may be type of brake fluid causing issue. my mechanic change and bleed brake fluid (Honda) twice on mine (but haven't changed front pad yet) without any issue.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    ^^ agree with AusAccord, spongy feel usually is caused by something something happening on the brake line. Either wrong oil used, air bubble or leaking brake line
    Old man that drives slow cars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Odyssey 06
    thanks guys i never used any other brake oil just changed the pads. then i turned the car on to test brakes and noticed it was spongy they seem to work fine but the pedal seems to creep to the floor so then we bled the front brakes. ive driven it today the brakes are okay but the pedal goes a fair way down still.
    should i go buy some honda brake fluid and re blead them ?
    thanks again

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    I'd do that if it's me.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Odyssey 06
    going to get fluid today . another thing should i bleed the brakes with the engine running or not

am not mechanic but don't think its necessary with engine running. make sure another one helping as its very hard bleeding brakes just by yourself