Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Euro Lux

CL9 Geniune Bluetooth & iPod Adapter

Hey guys

looking at getting these for my 05 euro. Has anyone got these? if so any feedback. I could really do with the handsfree for the phone in the car and it sucks not having a MP3 cd player.

Thanks in Advance

Rob

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    I used the Xcarlink.Its not perfect but allows use of the steering controls and volume.
    I went to the modded XR5 Turbo with Mods - the dark side.....BOOOOST!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    OEM bluetooth is to much$$$,get aftermarket.I've got a Parrot.This one.$260 installed..http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/h...its/ck3100-lcd

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    i bought a new headunit which has function of CD(mp3z), USB Audio which has built in amp, but will upgrade later with amp + sub.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro 6spd Std
    i got the genuine honda ipod kit, works well. no distortion. But its up to you if you wanna fork out the cash for it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    OEM bluetooth is to much$$$,get aftermarket.I've got a Parrot.This one.$260 installed..http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/h...its/ck3100-lcd
    I used to work for a honda dealer and still get looked after. So the $$$ won;t be as much an issue.

I want to go genuine to keep a nicer look and the integration will be a lot easier.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Crapdaz View Post
    i bought a new headunit which has function of CD(mp3z), USB Audio which has built in amp, but will upgrade later with amp + sub.
    I would do that, but sorta stuck with having the leave the old headuint in there and in my on personal opinnon I think it looks stupid having 2 stereo's in the dash. The standard stereo does the job well enough for me, just lacking the MP3 part. The Genuine MP3 single unit is ridiculous in price, hence why I'm looking at the iPod adapter

Rob

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_A View Post
    I used to work for a honda dealer and still get looked after. So the $$$ won;t be as much an issue.

I want to go genuine to keep a nicer look and the integration will be a lot easier.
    Isnt it something like $400 odd plus install?

I have both units. Both work great. No issues @ all with the iPod adapter, but if I knew you could get after market when I was buying my car I would not have got the genuine. I want to sell mine now, so I can get an iPod Adaptor that does iPod+AUX.

Bluetooth is okay, works great. Similar to a Nokia wired car kit, integrates with the stereo so when you get an incoming call the music mutes and so on, the usual.

All I can say is, if I knew I was going to be modding the car I would not have purchased these genuine accessories.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    Isnt it something like $400 odd plus install?
    I can't remember I priced it up a little while ago, looking at spending my tax return on it.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Accord Euro CL9 6MT

Genuine Honda iPod adapter features

I've just had the genuine Honda iPod adapter installed. Before I decided on it, my dealer assured me that the unit allows music control to be switched between the head unit and the iPod, however, today when I picked the car up, I was told that the direct control mode (via the iPod) only works for the later-generation iPods, and not my 1st-generation (c. 2005) iPod Nano.

I haven't had time to look at the manual in depth yet, however I did skim over a section of the documentation that suggests that when an iPod (any iPod, regardless of generation) is connected to the adapter, direct control isn't available. I'm hoping that the documentation is just out-of-date, and that my dealer hasn't mislead me!

Can anyone who owns one of these adapters please comment on their mileage with the features? Can you control your iPod directly? And can you select any playlist via the head unit, or must you label your playlists in iTunes as "Honda1", "Honda2", etc, as suggested in the manual?

yup. it does support hybrid mode, where u can control from the ipod and from the stock headunit.

i have it in mine. u just get the honda logo on the ipod and u can only control it from the head unit/steering wheel. the manual is up-to-date....