Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic TypeR '07 FN2

Bad problem with fn2r stero & sound

Hey all, im new here and im already listing my first problem with my fn2r.

I have an issue with the stereo. It keeps cutting out for a second or so every so often. Its almost like when a record skips or something.

The problem is quite irritating and i think its slowly getting more frequent. It must be a lose connection or something with the contacts or wiring because it kicks in when the vehicle takes a beating, like when going over a speed bump.

This has happened before and Honda said they fixed it the first time!!!!

Has anyone had this problem to them before in their type r? What is causing it?

could it be the cd wasn't recorded properly? if not my fn2r hasnt got any problems as yet

Member Array
    Car:
    spicy car
    if honda say they did it, then take it back to them.
    i have no problems no matter how i drive.
    Wee Wee Waa Waa

Member Array
    Car:
    Fn2 type r
    usually if you ahve copied cd that usually happens. I havent had this problem before in my fn2 but had it in my CRV but its not that frequent... only if you go over a big pothole than the music will skil, its like the caar stereo stops woeking for 1 second
    Triangular exhaust

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic TypeR '07 FN2
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesquickie View Post
    could it be the cd wasn't recorded properly? if not my fn2r hasnt got any problems as yet
    Sorry i forgot to mention this. The problem only happens when im listening to the radio. The CD works fine. bizarre isn't it? Either way its going back to Honda though, but i hate when a problem that i was told was fixed is not fixed at all!!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2 08 Type R
    hey Tj, i have just noticed this on my FN2... mine is due for the 10K service in around 2 months will tell them then...

how did u go with urs?

Quote Originally Posted by TJHoolio View Post
    Sorry i forgot to mention this. The problem only happens when im listening to the radio. The CD works fine. bizarre isn't it? Either way its going back to Honda though, but i hate when a problem that i was told was fixed is not fixed at all!!!
    maybe ur antenna is fked up?
    i have no problems with radio, except i cant endure my FM transmitter's shitty quality, but i wouldnt complain as it only costed me 1500 japanese yen... =P

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Type R
    Radio.. whats that?

Actually, I've heard of a number of people in the UK having problems with the FN2 antenna.. something about it being in the back window. Apparently the antenna is crap at the best of times and when the rear demister is on, worse.

I haven't experienced any problems, but then again, I didn't get the iPod adapter installed by accident :-)

Quote Originally Posted by moons View Post
    Radio.. whats that?

Actually, I've heard of a number of people in the UK having problems with the FN2 antenna.. something about it being in the back window. Apparently the antenna is crap at the best of times and when the rear demister is on, worse.

I haven't experienced any problems, but then again, I didn't get the iPod adapter installed by accident :-)
    but it costed u a grand when u could *not so simply* buy a DICE for $370 to have USB+iPod+AUX input, which is what im planning to do.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by SaiHayashi View Post
    but it costed u a grand when u could *not so simply* buy a DICE for $370 to have USB+iPod+AUX input, which is what im planning to do.
    Nope. It cost me SFA as it was part of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by moons View Post
    Nope. It cost me SFA as it was part of the deal.
    but could u show the id3 tag? i mean the song names and stuffs

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by SaiHayashi View Post
    but could u show the id3 tag? i mean the song names and stuffs
    Nope.The Honda iPod integration is pretty basic. Funny thing is I was pretty unhappy with it at first and was considering ripping the entire head unit out and getting the double DIN fascia from the UK. Of course, after actually living with it I realised i don't really need to see what track is playing. I've set up six playlists and I generally just play them randomized. Having said that I find myself turning the music off and listening to the VTEC anway.

So if you just want lots of music played back the Honda integration is great. If you want proper iPod integration you will have to spend a lot more than $1000 - Import FN2 Double DIN Fascia, original head unit relocation (for climate control), new double DIN headunit, etc.