04 accord euro

comparing CU2 and CL9

comparing CU2 and CL9
    CU2 has 148KW
    CL9 has 140KW
    in the real life, which one is faster?
    and which one has better handling?
    cuz someone call CL9 is profect euro.
    and someone call CU2 is unfinished product.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Drive both and compare for yourself.

I could have saved myself a few grand and brought another CL9, but I spent the extra and got a CU2. There is no comparison IMO, the CU2 is better in every way.

The handling is the major improvement, has so much more grip, and sits flat in the turns, so in real life, this equates to a faster ride over all.

Engine torque is also a big improvement, and combined with the shorter gearing, the CU2 is actually quicker in a straight line than the CL9, dispite the extra weight.

I used to have a CL9, so i'm not biased.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro 08
    lol but you do own a cu2 now. but i tend to agree they dont make new cars shitter, but they could be taking the euro in a slightly diffrent direction, eg luxury?

Member Array
    Car:
    Try hard CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    Drive both and compare for yourself.

I could have saved myself a few grand and brought another CL9, but I spent the extra and got a CU2. There is no comparison IMO, the CU2 is better in every way.

The handling is the major improvement, has so much more grip, and sits flat in the turns, so in real life, this equates to a faster ride over all.

Engine torque is also a big improvement, and combined with the shorter gearing, the CU2 is actually quicker in a straight line than the CL9, dispite the extra weight.

I used to have a CL9, so i'm not biased.
    i suppose it comes down to every ones opinion. Where as i'm more for the CL9 rather than the CU2. I still feel the CL9 is faster than the CU2. I've test drove both and through twisties i still like the CL9 more. Although i do have to say the stock handling on the CU2 and breaking is much better. IMO the CL9 is faster or to me feels faster than the CU2. Also the buttons on the center console OMG way way too much i couldnt even find the tune button. At the end of the day its comes down to personal opinion. I still think the CU2 is more of that Family Crusier rather than a sports sedan. But thats just my two cents.
    XpLoDiN
    AKA Johnno

[Melb] Team Y.C.D - The Dim Sum Revolution!

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro08Jaz View Post
    lol but you do own a cu2 now.
    There is a good reason for that!

Yeah, if I thought for a second that the CU2 was not worth it, I would have got a runout CL9 and saved myself $6k+.

Quote Originally Posted by Euro08Jaz View Post
    but i tend to agree they dont make new cars shitter, but they could be taking the euro in a slightly diffrent direction, eg luxury?
    Slightly different direction..... Hmmm. I still think it is aimed even more squarely at the young professional. It's taken everything the CL9 was, and improved them. If the CU2 weighed the same as the CL9, there would be no fuss at all.

Still room for improvement, but I keep telling myself that you still cannot beat it for the money. Thats what the appeal was for the CL9, and it's still the same with the CU2.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplodin View Post
    Although i do have to say the stock handling on the CU2 and breaking is much better.
    I don't like the feel of the brakes on my CU2. I certainly will get some new pads for it to improve the feel. It does pull up in a hurry though when you stand on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplodin View Post
    Also the buttons on the center console OMG way way too much i couldnt even find the tune button.
    lol! You get used to it, but I haven't even used 3/4 of those buttons.... But the stereo is heaps better this time round!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I reckon the CU2 has become more mature. Some people prefer that, while others say poo poo and prefer the traditional Honda which gave us exciting cars. Mind you, the CL9 was no where near exciting either. LOL. I'm waiting for a CU2 owner to rock up at the Ozhonda meets and get swamped by all of us to give us a test ride. LOL
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    The handling is definately better on the CU2 stock for stock - acceleration in the manual is about the same (7.8 sec to 100) but it feels very different in the way it revs. The CU2 revs very fast - I am sure the gearing is shorter and VTEC high cam is lower. Brakes are also bigger.

CU2 is a better car if you want to keep it stock.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin View Post
    The handling is definately better on the CU2 stock for stock - acceleration in the manual is about the same (7.8 sec to 100) but it feels very different in the way it revs. The CU2 revs very fast - I am sure the gearing is shorter and VTEC high cam is lower. Brakes are also bigger.

CU2 is a better car if you want to keep it stock.
    Exactly.I've driven the CU2 although only for 20 mins.stock handling is better than the CL9,vtec crossover is 5K instead of 6K in CL9.But ive got Bilsteins with Eibachs,Comptech icebox and header and other lesser mods so i find my CL9 performs and handles better than the CU2.But to get it to this stage it has cost me approx.$4k.

Member Array
    In developing the CU2, Honda dared not change the formula too drastically as the CL9 was a huge success esp. the design. Look at prev gen Mazda6 and compare it with the current -- looks completely different and a hell lot better. What the CU2 looks like to me is almost a desperate attempt, not that it's any bad at all but it looks like Honda was trying to make some changes to make CU2 look different and at the same time they were very nervous about it. Fortunately they didnt screw it up. I guess it's just hard to make something that looks so good even better.

I havent driven the CU2 yet and maybe that tells a completely different story?

EDIT: For a potential buyer looking at CU2 vs CL9. It would be wise to go for the CU2, of course

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 CL9/11 CU2
    im so much wanna buy CU2 instead of CL9, I was looking at top model with nav, they are nearly 10K difference... for about 52-55K, Shouldnt i go for second hand 20000km, BMW320i with navi, tv, xenon, logic sound system + m sports pack?
    Last edited by johnnyofhk; 21-09-2008 at 12:22 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyofhk View Post
    im so much wanna buy CU2 instead of CL9, I was looking at top model with nav, they are nearly 10K difference... for about 52-55K, Shouldnt i go for second hand 20000km, BMW320i with navi, tv, xenon, logic sound system + m sports pack?
    LOL @ 320i

Sorry, I'd just get the Lux with sat nav, and save the remainder 10k for fuel and running costs.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2