Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

which fuse socket

Does anyone know what is the difference between IG1 ACG & IG1 HAC? I want to plug a device via the internal fuse which needs to go the ignition. Am I on the right track?

This is the description:

Easy-installation to connect the interior fuse box.
    Type S can be easily wired by a one-touch connection to the interior fuse box (ignition). It is also possible to switch the power between +B (normal power) and IG+ to match your car model setup. Moreover, peace of mind comes in knowing that the unit is equipped with a delay circuit to avoid trouble caused by power bursts during battery recharging when using IG+ ON.

thanks heaps

Member Array
    Car:
    99 EK9 grimspec
    IG1 is normaly accessorys

best thing is to test light it and then turn key to find acc on and ignition on

easy 1 that i always use and is easy is radio or wipers "just think of what works when your ign is on and use a fuse from there but try not to over load the fuse

good luck
    HCCM #13

any difference between ACG and HAC?

Member Array
    Car:
    99 EK9 grimspec
    they are just diff types of fuses and doesnt matter to much what is it your trying to put in to your car if you give me more detail as to what you are doing i would be able to help more get it done with greater ease...+
    HCCM #13

Member Array
    Car:
    99 EK9 grimspec
    ok if you give me the model of your car and year ill tell you where to put the wires
    ive downloaded the instructions for the unit and read them not hard at all just need more details of your car Please...

and we should be able to sort it out in an instant
    HCCM #13

Member Array
    Car:
    99 EK9 grimspec
    a good photo of your fuse cover would be great and make it easy as ive had trouble finding the diagram for your car
    HCCM #13

Interior

Fuse 3, 22 or 36?

Exterior
    Last edited by Shimian; 23-09-2008 at 10:48 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    99 EK9 grimspec
    ok I've done a hell of a lot of research and read a lot of feedback ((eye's now square)) re this product and its installs

after putting all the info together and double checking it I've found that the fuse #3
    would be the right choice for connection of the yellow wire and then put the black wire to a good ground

however there is an alternative way to install this unit but it would require a more in depth install
    and a good knowledge of automotive electrical systems
    if you choose to do it this way I suggest that you get it done buy someone who has the ability
    ..like myself ...but I don't believe there to be any real benefit from installing it via this method
    **..only advising you of this method so you understand there are 2 methods

cheers
    hope all goes well with the install
    any further question please don't hesitate to ask Glad to help
    HCCM #13

do u mean the RED wire instead of the YELLOW for the interior fuse? The RED wire has the fuse socket so i can plug directly into FUSE #3? Do i still need to wire the ground if i do this?

thanks heaps

Member Array
    Car:
    99 EK9 grimspec
    no ...i did meant the yellow wire & if your look at the wirering instructions ( FI )you will see that if you use the red exstention on the yellow wire you can then plug it in to the fuse #3

re...the black wire yes you do still have to connect it to a good ground just find a screw that is in metal and place it under that

let me know how you go
    HCCM #13

silly question. Difference between red and yellow wire? Is it how it comes on?