Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Accord Euro CD player lights and AC button lights not working... PLEASE HELP~~

Hi guys, I just bought 2004 Honda accord euro but the CD player screen light and all the AC control button lights are not working... Anyone got idea how to fix it? THANKS ALOT.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ATT41 - Black 6speed Euro
    Hey man, I'm assuming you have already checked the fuses at your feet and also the box in you engine bay. If it isn't a fuse you may have popped an LED circuit which would be bad. Most likely is a fuse though.

____╔══════╗____
    OOO/ATT41\OOO
    ╚══════╝

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    The circuit board is gone. The Euro does not have a separate fuse for the AC and radio lights.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    quick question, does you radio and AC still work though, even though there is no display?

06 Euro Lux 5AT Graphite Mods: K&N Panel Filter -sold

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    afaik there should be display on the a/c screen because only the circuit board for the backlight has decided to sh!t itself, its apparently a common problem on these accords
    OEM parts whore

Quote Originally Posted by stanley_accord_euro View Post
    Hi guys, I just bought 2004 Honda accord euro but the CD player screen light and all the AC control button lights are not working... Anyone got idea how to fix it? THANKS ALOT.
    Contact your local honda dealer and you may be surprised in the outcome

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by blk05gli View Post
    quick question, does you radio and AC still work though, even though there is no display?
    Yes it still works. Contact your dealer because I believe they extended the warranty for this issue to 7 years.

This problem happened to me last night, sucks to go through this after 7 1/2 years of ownership so why wouldn't it happen to me half a year ago??

called up the my Honda dealer and they advised me the light globe blew up, asked $690 to replace it! stuff that, so I asked around the local car audio repair shops and they offered me LED replacements for the same price, and $300 for light globe replacement only after the guy went on and on and on about how it'll blow up again after two weeks..

So just wondering has anyone dealt with this problem outside of the Honda dealer?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    This problem happened to me last night, sucks to go through this after 7 1/2 years of ownership so why wouldn't it happen to me half a year ago??

called up the my Honda dealer and they advised me the light globe blew up, asked $690 to replace it! stuff that, so I asked around the local car audio repair shops and they offered me LED replacements for the same price, and $300 for light globe replacement only after the guy went on and on and on about how it'll blow up again after two weeks..

So just wondering has anyone dealt with this problem outside of the Honda dealer?
    The globes are still fine. The circuit board that controls it has burntout. To fix, you need to replace that circuit board.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury 2003
    This can be fixed yourself, but you risk doing more damage, and the process is quite complicated (involves removal of the head unit, dismantling and soldering).

Another option is professional repair, and I can personally vouch for Supertech Electronics on the Gold Coast who have repaired a unit for me years ago that is still working perfectly today. They charge a fixed price of $299, with a warranty as part of their fixed price catalogue for common issue repairs.

http://www.electronicrepairs.com.au/...a&type=CarMake

It should be the last in the list on the page above.

Additionally, I personally find it disgusting that Honda are charging for these repairs, when this is clearly a defective part. When I had mine repaired, Honda would not cover it at all, even under warranty, even though the problem is well documented for overseas models.

After numerous calls to their ridiculously arrogant staff (namely a fellow called Hynes), they flat out refused to accept what I was telling them and said that they had no reports of this issue from their R&D in Japan...

It's a load of bullsh!t, and I would love to be able to hold them accountable publicly for both their failure to honour their warranties, as well as for their appauling treatment of their customers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury 2003
    Specific to the problem with the circuit board, the issue is with a resistor on the board (R39 I think, but it was years ago) that has blown and has therefore failed "open" and therefore fails to illuminate the display.

From what I could tell at the time, this resistor's purpose is to control the dimming of the stereo when you use the dash dimming adjuster for your instrument cluster.

By removing the failed resistor (which is tricky and risky, because it is a micro SMD resistor) and then bridging it with solder or wire, you will be able to get your screen working again.

But be warned... When I did this, I made a couple of mistakes in my haste - When removing the resistor, I actually tore up a little bit of the copper track from the board, which means I had to use some thin guage wire to bridge the gap... Problem was that the wire wasn't insulated as well as I thought, and after going over a speed bump a couple of days later I ended up creating a short circuit against the heat sink which managed to blow a capacitor, causing more damage.

Having said that, Supertech Electronics sorted everything out for me and replaced the capacitor, and re-bridge the gap properly so that the unit is working still 3 years later.

hey

hey guys ive been looking for a solution to this problem for about a year now but i've never actually gone into much depth. My problem is that everything on my radio works except for the backlights on the buttons on the radio and the steering wheel... When i activate my air con or heater the light indicaters light up but the backlights won't. I have a picture of what my car looks like at night with headlights on.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0312[1].jpg 
Views:	872 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	24912

What i want to ask aswel is, i Have a spare working front frame for my car (without the white radio box behind it) if i were to replace my current non backlit front with my spare front will this fix my problem ? or does the problem lie in the actual box?

thanks, william