Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Gli civic

installing HID/XENON headlights on a EK civic??

il be buying a EK civic soon and wanting to put in HID/Xenon headlights.... is all i need the globes or do i also need this conversion kit with the ballists etc??

i got no idea on what ballists are? im assuming all you need is to replace the old globes with the new xenon globes?

also up to 8000K reasonable?

get 6000k its bright and it shines further, the higher the k's on the globes the brighter it is, but it shines alot shorter distances. as for just changing the globes you need the whole HID kit, you need the power pack that comes with the globes, otherwise you'll probably just fry the standard wires.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Gli civic
    oh awseeome! whats the average cost for a HID kit?? and easy to do yourself??

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    Quote Originally Posted by WNARUN View Post
    get 6000k its bright and it shines further, the higher the k's on the globes the brighter it is
    wrong you're talking about colour temperature
    higher kelvin rating does not mean its brighter
    refer to this for an explanation
    unless you're going a retrofit i wouldn't fit hid's to a regular ek's headlights
    admittedly i currently have hid's fitted but will be going back to halogens very soon

oh yeah well didnt know that, it was just trial and error with mine i had a 8000k globe in to start off with it was bright and i was getting a lot of flashes from other drivers, now i got the 6000k in and its fine. but i've got an eg, so it might be different in a ek. as for fitting its easy as, just as long as you get the right ones, i think there H4's in eks, but then im not sure coz i dont have a ek

DBG Krogoth Array
    Car:
    M35
    Quote Originally Posted by WNARUN View Post
    oh yeah well didnt know that, it was just trial and error with mine i had a 8000k globe in to start off with it was bright and i was getting a lot of flashes from other drivers, now i got the 6000k in and its fine. but i've got an eg, so it might be different in a ek. as for fitting its easy as, just as long as you get the right ones, i think there H4's in eks, but then im not sure coz i dont have a ek
    EGs and EKs use h4 bulbs for headlights...

there shouldn't be any difference in changing to higher or lower temp colour...u might have got the light beam projection lowered now, compared to previous...

to thread OP, u can use HIDs with normal headlights but u have to direct the light beam projections from the headlights much lower than u currently have...that way u won't blind oncoming traffic...
    Team Yum Cha Daily

DBG - A New Revolution in Car Modding

Member Array
    Car:
    Evo 6
    6000k will last longer and yours is deffinantly a h4!
    EK is deff. a h4
    Also you have pm on the price!
    No signature

Member Array
    Car:
    B16A EG Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydsyd View Post
    to thread OP, u can use HIDs with normal headlights but u have to direct the light beam projections from the headlights much lower than u currently have...that way u won't blind oncoming traffic...

I hate driving around ppl that just slap in some HID's and dont adjust the beam.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Ferio 99
    Also...

Choose the right HID globe. Hi/Lo or Bi-Xenon.

If you look at the Halogen H4 globe you can see there is a like a blocker or stoper over the bottom of the low beam. This is what helps control the low beam. the High beam has its light projecting all over the place as it has no blocker over it. The lower beam is the filament away from the socket.

So make sure you have a HID globe that has the same type of cover blocker in the low beam and that should help control your low beam. Alot of the earlier HID H4 kits does not have this hence the uncontrollable beam.