Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    03 Accord Euro
    havent had a chance to replace this again unfortunately.

still rattling when car is at low idle in gear or with the AC on - fine when in neutral

$330 is a bit rich from Honda, but if it saves me having to do it again in 6 months then might be worth the investment, that or I'll get the one off amazon and do it on the cheap

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvvtec View Post
    Timing chain tensioner and accessories belt tensioner are two seperate things mate
    No its not. They both do the same thing, put tension on a belt.

Hence they are very similar indeed.

On srs note.

I think, op didn't torque down the bolts properly. These bolts dont require that much force... from memory it was like 16nM? Double check it.

Cos Im using Dayco and Gates combo on my k20. No problems yet..
    40,000KM/7months of hard beating, bouncing off limiter already.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    No its not. They both do the same thing, put tension on a belt.

Hence they are very similar indeed.

On srs note.
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattis View Post
    havent had a chance to replace this again unfortunately.

still rattling when car is at low idle in gear or with the AC on - fine when in neutral

$330 is a bit rich from Honda, but if it saves me having to do it again in 6 months then might be worth the investment, that or I'll get the one off amazon and do it on the cheap
    What belt size did you use? If you used the 7PK1760, then that is the wrong belt as it is one size too big. It will go on and the arrow will point to the middle of the wear indicator, but after quite a while of driving, it stretches a little and it ends up being too loose and hence causes the rattling.

You need to use the 7PK1750 instead. When you first put this on, the indicator will point to the tight side, but it will stretch slightly with use and point in the middle.

I had this same problem. Replaced my belt with 7PK1760 as preventative maintenance, had the sound after a few thousand K's, the tensioner was rattling. I replaced the tensioner and belt, again with a 7PK1760 belt. Same problem occurred after a few months. After reading the US forums, turns out the correct belt is 7PK1750. Replaced with that and the tensioner has been quiet for the past 2 years.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    I had exactly the same issue as the above poster. Mine went to the centre of indicator and after about 400kms was way worse than the worn genuine Honda belt. I went back to the used genuine and am contemplating a $150 genuine VS a $55 Gates 7PK1750.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 Accord Euro
    Missed the replies here about the belt size, will check what size it is and replace if it's the wrong one then report back.

Thanks