Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Thank you Fredoops. What a great resource!

I am fortunate in having a US Contact who often gets SAAB auto parts for me and ships them out. I am sure he can be charmed into obtaining Acura parts.
    I have also used "Bongo" in the past successfully as well, for larger stuff, to get around US Shippers who only want to send to the "lower 48 states" etc.
    See https://bongous.com/

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    It's a 20 dollar part, cheaper to get off ebay than do forward shipping unless you got other things that's coming anyway
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    I buy SAAB service stuff in bulk from the US, because its cheaper, even with the shipping added in and our falling $ taken into consideration. A few Acura parts will join the next shipment (:
    Thanks for all the Tranny info.
    My Euro has to last me a while, (if I can ever get it off the wife!!) so already the info in this thread has proved very valuable.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux

Transmission Fluid Flow Direction

I reckon that installing a Magnefine Filter (3/8th fittings) in in my MY 12 Accord Euro 5 Speed Auto, in place of the Honda OEM part, is the way to go.

But once again, I ask which way is the flow direction on the genuine part? Looking at the OE style filter from side on, as per the attached photo, you can see that it is longer on one side of the raised lip on the casing, than it is the other.

On my vehicle, the filter is mounted vertical, not lying across the transmission case. The short side is underneath. The long side on the top. The hose it is in, runs between the pre heater and the transmission housing.

So can anyone advise which way does the fluid flow run? Down into the filter from above (FROM the pre heater TO the transmission) or up into the filter from below? (TO the pre heater FROM the transmission.)

Obviously the info is vital to ensure that if I fit a Magnefine filter, it is installed with the flow going in the correct direction.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Honda Accord Trans Filter.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	27869  

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Haanda View Post
    I reckon that installing a Magnefine Filter (3/8th fittings) in in my MY 12 Accord Euro 5 Speed Auto, in place of the Honda OEM part, is the way to go.

But once again, I ask which way is the flow direction on the genuine part? Looking at the OE style filter from side on, as per the attached photo, you can see that it is longer on one side of the raised lip on the casing, than it is the other.

On my vehicle, the filter is mounted vertical, not lying across the transmission case. The short side is underneath. The long side on the top. The hose it is in, runs between the pre heater and the transmission housing.

So can anyone advise which way does the fluid flow run? Down into the filter from above (FROM the pre heater TO the transmission) or up into the filter from below? (TO the pre heater FROM the transmission.)

Obviously the info is vital to ensure that if I fit a Magnefine filter, it is installed with the flow going in the correct direction.

Thanks in advance
    flow goes in the direction of the raised side, so in that picture you attached, it goes up

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Thank you AndrewRox22. So in my Euro, the flow will run from above (from the pre heater) to below (to the transmission casing.) That makes things quite clear.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Lux
    yeah, it goes down with gravity (makes sense too)... looks like the new Accords and CRVs have the same setup http://postimg.org/image/67u5liatj/

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Here it is on my MY12. Buried deep in the rear of the engine bay, passenger side. Almost impossible to get a camera in there to get a clear photo. You can make out the top of it between the hose and the fuse box. The only way I could determine which way it was fitted, was by feel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP6978.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	27874  

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    refer to the parts diagram, they're there to help.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    I did. That's how I knew what to look for. But actually getting at it is another thing. I reckon I will need a pair of telescopic arms! It's certainly a part that was fitted BEFORE the drive train assembly was put into the car body.

It's a 15min job to do, unclip the clamps at the entry and exit of the pipes and not at the filter. Remove the whole assembly then it's easy to undo the filter. If the car has been warmed up the hoses becomes flexible and they can be easily undone.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Thanks Big Ben. There is a hose in the way, ( I think part of the heater system) even if one wants to get to the clamp on the steel line that exits the preheater system.
    The underside is also going to be an issue. ( Probably have to access it from underneath the car) But all hints and tips gratefully accepted.