Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Civic 06 Aux input installation guide

Hey guys,

I hope I'm not duplicating anything here, and that this is the right forum to post it in.

I just installed an AUX input into the stereo system in my Civic 06 VTi-L, and took a whole heap of photos, so I wrote some instructions to go with it, and put it all into a PDF file.

I couldn't attach it here because of the size restrictions, so I chucked it on to my site - download it at:
    http://driveactivated.com/files/ftpu...06auxguide.pdf

Because of all the pics and all, it's about 2MB.

Hope it helps someone out! I'd be happy to answer any questions if you have any.

Sam

UPDATE (11/7/2007): Hmm, I might have stuffed up the grounding pin - the sound sounds funny if I use the headphone output on my MP3 player, but ok if I use the line out. Will do some more investigating there...

UPDATE (17/8/2007): Turned out the 'issue' was due to my crap soldering to the socket. There's no issue with the connection to the system itself, as per the instructions in the pdf above.

UPDATE (13/02/2011): Updated the guide with a fix for the sound quality issues. See this post for more details.
    Last edited by samuel337; 13-02-2011 at 05:44 PM. Reason: fixed an issue with the guide.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    very very helpful.this the only DIY article which can compare to US 8th gen civic forum. very good quality DIY.give him a point !!! .
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Good work mate. Just out of interest (nb. haven't read article), how much did you pay for everything required hardware-wise (i.e. the adaptor)?

3.5mm audio input connector - $1.60
    (http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView...=&SUBCATID=373)

OPTION 1: pre-made computer CDROM analog audio cable - $5.65
    (http://www.techbuy.com.au/p/13293/CA...ch/RC-5041.asp)

OPTION 2: standard electric wire - no more than a few bucks; crimping lugs - $2.40
    (http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView...=&SUBCATID=601)

Note that I went with option 1 as I had that already, and I'm not 100% sure if the crimping lugs quoted above are the right ones, though I imagine they are fairly standard.

You'll also need a standard 3.5mm male-to-male audio cable to connect the socket to your music device too, plus you'll need a soldering iron to solder the wire to the socket.

Sam

For those who opt for option 1, i.e. making their own cables with the crimping lugs, the attached picture may help you work out what sized lugs you need.

From what I see, I don't think the quoted jaycar lugs above are the right ones.

Sam
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crimppin.jpg 
Views:	1120 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	6698  

does Honda has OEM AUX Input Adapter or something like that?

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    does Honda has OEM AUX Input Adapter or something like that?
    Yep, at least overseas anyway (in other right-hand drive countries). My queries here hit a dead-end, although I wasn't very persistent (too impatient).

It may be a bit difficult to find, as IIRC, the 2006 Hybrid and 2006 Sport, as well as all the 2007 models all have the AUX input provided as standard.

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by samuel337 View Post
    It may be a bit difficult to find, as IIRC, the 2006 Hybrid and 2006 Sport, as well as all the 2007 models all have the AUX input provided as standard.

Sam
    Sam, does this means that my 06 Sports SHOULD have the AUX input already??? sorry not understand clearly on your statement there... thanks in advance for explaining, btw

Sam, does this means that my 06 Sports SHOULD have the AUX input already??? sorry not understand clearly on your statement there... thanks in advance for explaining, btw
    My bad. Just pulled out my 2006 Civic brochure and only the 2006 Hybrid has the AUX input as standard, NOT the Sport.

Sam

hey Samuel, can you show me the Final result of it? ie (where did you put the 3.5mm input thingy is?

Really interested on doing the same with mine here...

thanks

hey Samuel, can you show me the Final result of it? ie (where did you put the 3.5mm input thingy is?

Really interested on doing the same with mine here...

thanks
    I still haven't gotten it fully installed yet, because I buggered up the soldering and have yet to do that again. For standard installations, they generally put it under the cig lighter, but I'm planning on putting it around or inside the compartment right under the cig lighter, as that's where my mp3 player will go.

Member Array
    Car:
    '01 DC2R
    Pulled everything out and put it back in place except for the a/c tube on the bottom right, anyone got any tricks to how to put that tube back in place? lol seems really difficult