squeaking/knocking noise from suspension ?

Hi all

Ive got a gd3 and about 2 months ago i noticed some knocking/squeaking noises coming from the front left wheel everytime i hit a little bump or speed bump. since then its gotten abit louder and im guessing its got something to do with suspension or shocks. I think this because my previous car had the same problem and before i sold it the guy who bought my car said its my shocks.

Im just wondering if someones had the same problem ?

If it is shocks how much am i looking at to replace them ? my car is about to hit 10000kms too is it time for change ?

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    LCA Bolt. Check dat. I had similar problem after hitting a deadly pothole.

Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    ahhhh k ill check that out. i do remember hitting a pretty big pot hole after some heavy rain

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Oooo good spotting

My GE6 does it too
    From the left
    I'll check out the LCA bolts next time i have the car up
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG
    any progress on this?

have a gd3 with 120000kms and sounds like my left front shocks are knocking, i doubt it needs replacing that quick?

had the car jacked up today and couldnt find anything wrong, how do i check the LCA bolt?

Quote Originally Posted by snappy_ View Post
    any progress on this?

have a gd3 with 120000kms and sounds like my left front shocks are knocking, i doubt it needs replacing that quick?

had the car jacked up today and couldnt find anything wrong, how do i check the LCA bolt?
    Its not the bolt per se - its the bush of the LCA that can rip or tear under sudden load (hitting a bump etc)

If the bush looks fine , no cracks or wear atleast make sure its torqued to "around" 90-100nm.