Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: S2000 to GT86 ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    they make them look feral so that we buy THEIR optional rims

so they can make YMCMB
    Dc2r and em1 only good if you work at McDonald's, s2k good for order food in McDonald's
    deal with it m8

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    imo you fall under a very simple group of car enthusiasts - we like modding cars, we don't like repairing cars. new suspension = mod. new roof because huntsmen are climbing in through the old one = repairs.

your thinking is not newer, more comfortable and cheaper to run, your thinking is "it will be clean. any mods i do will make it better rather than simply bringing it up to my standard"

decide whether you want your track car or your clean car. financially the change is not worth it for a track car. arguably, it is for a clean car depending on your definition of clean (how much it will cost to clean up the s2k).

I am going to test drive it this weekend. I'll let you guys know what i think of the car.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    So, thoughts? Is slow as, yeah?

I think the fact that a decent 10 year old s2k costs as much as a fully optioned brand new 86 tells you a bit about the difference in quality. Plus it's a honda

Member Array
    Car:
    lude s2k ge8
    guys, sprintex and jackson racing makes a bolt on supercharger kit for the 86's which give about 40% more power. Im looking into putting one on my jazz atm, but would love to throw one on an 86 for some fun!

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Torell View Post
    guys, sprintex and jackson racing makes a bolt on supercharger kit for the 86's which give about 40% more power. Im looking into putting one on my jazz atm, but would love to throw one on an 86 for some fun!
    why would you supercharge your jazz over your s2000?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Cause he's special lol =P
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    LS V8 Swap 86

OR

LS V8 Swap S2K

watch them jdm tears lmfao
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    Dc2r and em1 only good if you work at McDonald's, s2k good for order food in McDonald's
    deal with it m8

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by Torell View Post
    LInks plz :P
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    if you want to keep it easy to road rego then would keep the s2k. will make more power then 86 without doing something engine wise.

if you get the FT86 everything you have done to your s2k is a waste, would have to redo them + the price of the car.

a good set of coils will help change the unpredictability of the s2k, adjusting its over-under steer balance.
    the 86 makes easy driving by having a low center of weight and soft suspension makes it less likely to snap without warning, also it has less power so it break lose out of a corner as easy.

theres a video of a BRZ following a S2k and they show the difference, the BRZ has its strengths, in the tighter spots the s2k rotates better etc, and brz is easier to control with more aero.
    one part where the S2000 becomes hard to control is probably due to lack of downforce and just having more power on the exit
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaArJZOMCpI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9_hZqvY5RM