new tyres recommendation for Odyssey RB3

Hi all,

I'm due to replace my tyres for my Odyssey 2012 RB3 LUX soon and was wondering if anyone would have any recommendation that is better than the OEM Yokohama that the car came in with? I don't have an issue with the Yokos but was looking at the potenza RE003 as I had a good experience with the RE001 before but would I then need to compensate the possibly better dry/wet grip for comfort and road noise?

thanks in adv.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 Odyssey Lu
    I changed my tyres about a year ago on my MY11 RB3 LUX to Federal Formoza FD2's. I've found that they reduced road noise, especially on course chip roads, by A LOT. I've also found them to be much better in the wet. Also my mechanic said they have an extra 2mm of tread depth which means they should last a little longer.

Thanks for the info mate, will definitely consider this..can I ask how much you spent on the whole set?

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 Odyssey Lu
    Quote Originally Posted by NZFD2 View Post
    Thanks for the info mate, will definitely consider this..can I ask how much you spent on the whole set?
    Four tyres supplied and fitted for $549.00 in October last year by a KIA service centre in WA.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    If u like RE001, RE003s on sale atm from what hear.

Buy 3 and 4th free das like ~$450 for whole set.

Quote Originally Posted by mariomart View Post
    Four tyres supplied and fitted for $549.00 in October last year by a KIA service centre in WA.
    awesome thanks mate.

Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    If u like RE001, RE003s on sale atm from what hear.

Buy 3 and 4th free das like ~$450 for whole set.
    thanks, I saw the promo too which is really tempting especially with quite favourable reviews on the changes with the RE003s compared to the RE002

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I have owned all of them RE001 - 003's.

Good range for budget minded, yet looking for that street performance.

Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    I have owned all of them RE001 - 003's.

Good range for budget minded, yet looking for that street performance.
    Thanks mate..I got quoted for $528 after the promo deal which is quite good. Do you have any comments on the road noise on the RE003? would you say its better than the RE001?

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    If your after a performance Tyre, the noise should be music to your ears.

Well to anyone who's on the same boat as I was and looking to replace their OEM RB3 tyres, I've gone and had the RE003 put on my odyssey and I'm very happy with them. Comparing them with the OEM Yoko A349, I haven't noticed more road noise (if not actually just slightly less on rough bitumen roads) and yet, these tyres seem to absorb bumps better (both filled at 36psi) and definitely better felt grip around corners.

I was going to go with the Yoko Advan DB v551 but at almost $300 more (difference would've been a lot less had the Bridgestones were not at buy-3-get-1), I'm glad I went the cheaper yet still ending up happy path

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    RC-1
    I also ended up with RE003 with the current promotion, noticed much more grip to the road and probably similar "quiet" level with the OEM Yokohama