DC5 KW V1 or V2 Coilovers Discussion

Hi guys,

I’m looking to purchase a set of KW V1 OR V2 coilovers for my 2006 DC5 Type S. I am aware that the only difference between V1 and V2 is that the V1 coilovers come with preadjusted dampening settings from factory, whereas the V2 coilovers allow you to adjust the dampening settings from soft to hard. I intend to drive my car on the street for the rest of its life, and will unlikely track the car. The only reason as to why I am not purchasing the V1 is because I enjoy a slightly stiffer ride, and I am afraid that the V1 will come preadjusted with dampening settings that are too soft and therefore too bouncy over road bumps and what not. Has anyone had any experience with the KW V1 coilovers for DC5, and was it too bouncy for a daily ride? I know that is a subjective question obviously, however I would like a few opinions before choosing between the V1 and V2. I will most likely go with the V2 given the subjectivity of the issue.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by infusionz; 26-11-2015 at 09:15 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla Spec S
    go for the v2 so you have the adjustability in the damper to suit your preferred ride comfort

kw adjustments work amazing compared to the typical 30 way adjustable coilovers
    Last edited by lilthug; 26-11-2015 at 09:43 PM.
    peteju captures, like us on facebook..

I'd be staggered if any off the shelf "pre-set" coilovers were too bouncy out of the box. Definitely possible if you mix and match your own build. Surely you can specify your preferences and the coilover will be valved to suit within the normal range of damping (not dampening - that's something you do with a garden hose).

If you're worried about road bumps then a stiffer ride is not what you want. Anything good enough for track duty (as I presume the kw is) will be plenty stiff on the street.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    If your car is not going to see the track your wasting your money.

Just buy a good set of shocks with nice set of springs to your liking and call it a day.

KW aren't cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondarally View Post
    I'd be staggered if any off the shelf "pre-set" coilovers were too bouncy out of the box. Definitely possible if you mix and match your own build. Surely you can specify your preferences and the coilover will be valved to suit within the normal range of damping (not dampening - that's something you do with a garden hose).

If you're worried about road bumps then a stiffer ride is not what you want. Anything good enough for track duty (as I presume the kw is) will be plenty stiff on the street.
    The preset Bilsteins I've used and driven on with other cars aren't that far off the mark, usually they're quite a good compromise.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter