Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type R

DC5 Type R Head Unit Replacement

I've got an AUDM DC5 type R 2002. Still has the original Honda Head Unit (I don't have the CD stacker...just the blank storage pocket with a flip down lid under the head unit).

I'm looking at buying a Kenwood 1 DIN head unit. Maybe KDC-U559BT, or something similar.

From what I have read the Kenwood unit will have the standard ISO plug input a the back.

Does anyone know if Integra cable will plug directly into the back of the new Head Unit ? ?
    I've seen a few posts from RSX owners claiming it just plugs in, but the AUDM radio looks different. So maybe the plug is different too.

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by 02DC5R View Post
    I've got an AUDM DC5 type R 2002. Still has the original Honda Head Unit (I don't have the CD stacker...just the blank storage pocket with a flip down lid under the head unit).

I'm looking at buying a Kenwood 1 DIN head unit. Maybe KDC-U559BT, or something similar.

From what I have read the Kenwood unit will have the standard ISO plug input a the back.

Does anyone know if Integra cable will plug directly into the back of the new Head Unit ? ?
    I've seen a few posts from RSX owners claiming it just plugs in, but the AUDM radio looks different. So maybe the plug is different too.
    usually it's kenwood specific plug at the back and you need kenwood to integra harness
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by cbauto View Post
    usually it's kenwood specific plug at the back and you need kenwood to integra harness
    Thanks. I'll search around for one.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type R
    I bought two cables. Kenwood to ISO connector. Then an ISO to Honda connector. With these cables it only took just over an hour to install the new head unit.
    Great improvement over the stock CD/radio.