Page 113 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1363103110111112113114115116123 ... LastLast
Results 1,345 to 1,356 of 1501
    Member Array
    Car:
    S2000

s2k hunt continues!

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Face View Post
    being on the edge is not the best thing, the AP2 will be fast because around the track understeer bias is faster than oversteer. according to MCM, also being predictable makes it easier to push it.
    saying an ap1 is better is like taking a flaw and trying to spin it around with clever words, at the end it aint as good but an ap1 is about as good as most will get.
    Spot on.

It'd be interesting to know exactly how different the ap1 is to the 04,05 so called ap2 when pushed to the limit.

No doubt the 06+ can be pushed harder due to the VSA addition
    Last edited by charlie15; 24-04-2014 at 08:21 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    lude s2k ge8
    surely i dont need to point out the the 50/50 weight distribution which makes more of a difference than the VSA when taken to the limit. The suspension setup is set such as that driving in the upper limits the torque of the engine causes the suspension and weight to flatten out to that 50/50 point. i dont know how VSA could help from that point. but im a noob so i could be very very wrong

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    http://page14.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/s375194892

Only 3.2k AUD current bid on this beauty. End 5th May.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie15 View Post
    Spot on.

It'd be interesting to know exactly how different the ap1 is to the 04,05 so called ap2 when pushed to the limit.

No doubt the 06+ can be pushed harder due to the VSA addition
    There is a video on YouTube comparing ap1, ap2 and modded ap1. Ap2 beats ap1 by a decent margin, but that also includes wider wheels and better tyres.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Face View Post
    being on the edge is not the best thing, the AP2 will be fast because around the track understeer bias is faster than oversteer. according to MCM, also being predictable makes it easier to push it.
    saying an ap1 is better is like taking a flaw and trying to spin it around with clever words, at the end it aint as good but an ap1 is about as good as most will get.
    Where on earth did you get that idea? Nothing could be further from the truth. I presume you are actually talking about oversteer, & not complete rear end breakaway. That is a different horse of another colour, but there are still ways of handling it better than the thing that wants to run out of road at the front.

With understeer all you can do is wait for the thing to grip. Yes you can provoke oversteer in a natural understeerer, provided you do it as you turn in, but you will then have a viscous thing wanting to bite you.

With oversteer you can control the amount & range of the oversteer, & in fact use it to enable early throttle application, & fast exits.

I raced a lot of cars, & spent quite some time eradicating understeer from any of them that suffered from it, in order to reduce lap times.

What mcm was saying is that a car that understeers at the limit before oversteer is much easier to handle and faster for most drivers. A small amount of understeer can be lived with and doesn't slow the car much.

Those that really know how to drive hate understeer though. I also much prefer eliminating any understeer from my car.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    i think for sure over steer is better than understeer when it comes on controllably but the S2000 doesnt really have that, its more just twitchy and floaty, on stock suspension. and the AP2 which has revised toe arm geometry for the rear also has better spring rates and handling bias with stiffer front springs and softer rear springs making the car less twitchy, and more confidence inspiring.

Also the AP2 that beats the modded AP1 did that AP2 have the 2.2L?

Torell is in trouble lol

Damn. That's the only time an AP1 is worth 30k++

/hides

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by EP3TYPER View Post
    Torell is in trouble lol
    Yup. Reason why I put my car on ozhonda too. Need a sale quick.

Member Array
    Car:
    lude s2k ge8
    yeh that s2k has very low kms. no pictures of the seat bolsters OR engine bay, and that alone says alot so looking foward to some coming up.
    Blues a decent color too!

If its not tracked, and has been serviced every 6 months, its probably a good car! the guy owns a tyre shop there too, so should have some decent tyres too