Bendix Brake Pad Compounds Part Two: Low Metallic

This is part two of a three-part article. For non-asbestos organic (NAO) brake pads, please see part one, for semi-metallic compounds, please see part three.

In part one, non-asbestos organic (NAO) brake pads were discussed. These brake pads are suitable for a wide range of driving styles, with their low dust, consistent brake performance at relatively low temperatures and speeds. However, when cars regularly travel at higher speeds or require greater performance, brake temperatures rise, and this can cause brake fade, reducing stopping performance. In these situations, brake pads with Low Metallic compounds excel.

Low Metallic (Low-Met) brake pads are suited to performance and high speed driving styles, and contain high levels of mineral abrasives to provide better stopping power. The Bendix Ultimate and Street Road & Track contains these ingredients to provide exceptional stopping power and shorter stopping distances. It is also more resistant to brake fade at high temperatures, delivering consistent brake pedal feel lap after hot lap. The Bendix Ultimate and Street Road & Track is recommended for high performance vehicles that do spirited driving or track racing, where braking performance is paramount.

Bendix Ultimate brake pads feature HPC technology that reduces brake dust, without compromising stopping performance. Bendix Ultimate and Street Road & Track brake pads also come with Bendix’s proprietary brake shims, featuring a nitrile rubber coating that absorbs noise and vibration under braking.

The next article will feature Semi Metallic brake pads suited for, commercial vehicles, utes or cars that often carry heavy loads.

The choice of friction material will impact on your braking experience which is why it’s important to match your driving needs and vehicle with the right brake pad formulation. Visit HERE to select and fit the right Bendix brake pad for your driving style.

Make sure that at your next brake service, ask your mechanic for the right Bendix brake pads to suit your driving style, or Bendix products are available from leading automotive stockist. Click HERE to locate your nearest stockist.

Member Array
    Car:
    ®
    Another nice Honda

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    lol steve.Leave him alone. He does post up lots of good information on stuff.

Anyone using the ultimate pad? How are they,feel,noise and dust?
    We know they out perform the general CT pad..

I have the 'general CT' pad and they are excellent but may need the ultimates when the b18 goes in.

Member Array
    Car:
    ®
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    Yeah,that's a piss off.I mean your last thread was on Nissan,this one is Ford . What's tcar manufacturer is next mate-space?

THIS IS A HONDA FORUM,WE COME HERE FOR. ...wait for it...HONDA.A HONDA FORUM.

Take all this BS advertising elsewhere.

You never contribute anything to the forum,you just dump a whole heap of advertising and now it's not even Honda related,that's BS mate---space,BS.
    beeza on matespace payroll now

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    He dumps a lot of info in here.It just got to me how he dumps it all then dissappears until the next dump.But I spent a bit of time looking at his threads and there's a few good reads.

Anyone using the ultimate pad? How are they,feel,noise and dust?
    We know they out perform the general CT pad..

I have the 'general CT' pad and they are excellent but may need the ultimates when the b18 goes in.
    Hi beeza,

Thanks for the kind words. The Ultimate are our street performance pad. The brake pad is dustier than the General CT due to the low-metallic compounds used, but it is noted for being very quiet due to its noise absorbing shims.

Which brake calipers will you be using, the 262mm EK4s or 282mm Type R ones?

Kind Regards,
    The Bendix Team
    Automotive social media http://motorculture.com.au or call us on 02 9418 9008

For some daily car culture check out http://zengarage.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    No worries Sticking with the stock ek1 sedan rotors which are 242mm with the sumitomo caliper,the pad is 8mm higher and 1mm or so wider than the akebono caliper. I have braided lines,1" brake booster/mc,cusco brake stopper,lightened car. Hopefully will be enough,I'll find out!

Honda changed to the sumitomo caliper in august 96 for ek sedans at least.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Running the Ultimate pad maybe the increase in stopping power that I might need at the expense of some dust.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Running the Ultimate pad maybe the increase in stopping power that I might need at the expense of some dust.
    Have you tried qfm hpx pads. It has similar performance as the ultimate and priced similar to general ct (maybe a little more). One thing that I observed in the spec is that the cold and hot coefficient of friction is very similar (ie braking performance is similar when the pads are cold or hot). I believe the coefficient of friction is 0.42. I have not seen the spec for Bendix ultimate but in the forum, the braking performance is similar (ask Greg, Matt or Nathan from GSL RallySport).

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    I'll remember that,sounds good mate.

Thanks Malcolm.