Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Bring the DC5R, you will regret not doing so.
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic Type R View Post
    I have just created a new page comparing the Australian DC5 Type R vs the JDM DC5-R.

http://www.dohc-vtec.com.au/pages/li...vs-jdm-dc5.htm

Fell free to add this to somewhere
    The link is broken. Just realised this thread is like 9 years old. Still a good topic though.
    The JDM version is almost the best. But I laugh at the 180km/hr speedo max, and I have read that the car is electronically speed limited.
    So you'd prolly have to change the ECU on it, or get owned.

How many JDM DC5's are there in Aus?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by smiffy View Post
    How many JDM DC5's are there in Aus?
    I haven't come across too many. There's one (JDM Type R) for sale at the moment in carsales.com.au
    Apparently imported to NZ, then AU by the current owner

So much popcorn can be had right now.....

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Idunno..this topic could be subjective.

If the race were to take here in Aus, Im pretty sure the AUDM will give the JDM run for it money.

AUDM DC5 is actually tuned for us, our weather, our fuel etc etc. Who truly know what the OEM ECU fully does. I remember reading somewhere, even Hondata havn't cracked full Honda code or something along them lines.

In saying that, them factory Brembos. I think the JDM one weighs less then ours. Things like Alloy LCA's were used instead of steel like our AUDMs.

Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Idunno..this topic could be subjective.

If the race were to take here in Aus, Im pretty sure the AUDM will give the JDM run for it money.

AUDM DC5 is actually tuned for us, our weather, our fuel etc etc. Who truly know what the OEM ECU fully does. I remember reading somewhere, even Hondata havn't cracked full Honda code or something along them lines.

In saying that, them factory Brembos. I think the JDM one weighs less then ours. Things like Alloy LCA's were used instead of steel like our AUDMs.
    Your points are pretty much correct plus slightly other different things internally..
    Also the peak power is also gained because in Japan there fuel is a hell of alot better than our rubbish..
    The Brembos, Alloy LCAs, Rear Brakes alloy (I think), 154kw engine (I think off top of my head), stiffer suspension plus minor other things Start button etc..
    Other minor things from memory is due to the Brembo Brakes, you gain an extra +15 offset i think so you don't need to run as low offset wheels to obtain a flush finish to your guards (hope this makes sense)

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    So the major diff is JDM DC5 just has a different tune to AUDM ?

Does it run a better cam, manifold, pistons, rods etc ?

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    higher comp pistons, slightly 'bigger' cam

dunno about rods
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    u mad is correct, it also came with lighter flywheel, better intake manifold etc etc. The differances is so small.

Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    u mad is correct, it also came with lighter flywheel, better intake manifold etc etc. The differances is so small.
    Flywheel does have a fair bit of weight difference... i think it was .7kg difference which is a hell of alot when your talking about weight on a Flywheel

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    Flywheel does have a fair bit of weight difference... i think it was .7kg difference which is a hell of alot when your talking about weight on a Flywheel
    Yes its heaps lighter, even rotation inertia has its limits.

The advantage gained is minimal, but hey it still an advantage rite? It is also something that driver experience could make up for.

**Im trying to find a JDM flywheel myself**