Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    lude s2k ge8
    From my understanding, the s2000 would accelerate quicker, and break quicker than the 86, and the 50 / 50 weight distribution would give it a total advantage on the track, both tight turns and wide turns.

Also there is practically no weight difference in the two cars, and i like to think you get more for $70,000.

In saying that, the condition of a second hand s2000 is really unknown so compared to a new 86 you may not have the same refinement or comfort in the s2ks suspension. Unfortunately i did test drive a couple of s2000 that drove like 70's MGs

I lost to an 86 on the track at barbs by .1 of a second long track... He had teins, cr kai's, intake, exhaust, semis and wasn't a noob (been many times). I had a stock s2k with old cracking bs potenzas and a catback on my first time out.

Feels good brah, lol

Member Array
    Car:
    lude s2k ge8
    damn, semis and coilovers make a halladifferance

I'd think the stock 86's suspension is pretty well setup already from factory, why change unless it were superior coilovers, aren't teins a budget coilover? If it were something like kw v3's or bilsteins set up specifically for the track then it would probably make it substantially superior to stock.

That being said, stock s2k suspension probably wouldn't perform as well as it would have as Torrell has mentioned. Semi's on the other hand...

I'm going to claim I am Takumi Fujiwara.

Quote Originally Posted by Ten Four View Post
    I'm going to claim I am Takumi Fujiwara.
    hahaha xD fair enough

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    if the 86/brz was a 70k level car it would decimate s2k

as they are now its more of a celica level car with rwd even though its always compared to s2k

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    ok so you want comfort - buy a new holden. buy a merc. buy a new honda accord euro.

you want a sports car... you must sacrifice comfort and practicality.

the BRZ/86 is a sharp car. i wouldnt say quality is more refined at all..... just newer with more features as the target the every day owner. sat nav, this and that.
    the build quality of a honda s2000 from new is ridiculous. everything just work perfect.
    they are easy to work on, easy to service, easy to change stuff like spark plugs, and you can basically get to most things on an s2k with little effort. were built for a purpose.... for someone who wants a raw performance car with blinkers.

there is not doubt the 86 drive nice - it does... its more comfortable because they kept in mind that the audience that they were targeting is so wide.... (old and young, someone who wants a sporty car feeling but still nice to drive. safe to drive.... easy to drive.

when they built the s2k... they must have said... lets make something that suits someone chasing the ultimate performace road car.
    Its raw.... no features to distract the drive (sat nav, heated seats, cup holders(not meant to eat while sliding) nothing. from 99-05 you dont even get traction control. you get 2 fkn seats, 3 peddles and a gear stick.
    you know why??? because when you get in a nice S..... thats all you need.... you dont need all the other shit... 1 mistake and it will bite your head off... its for someone who wants to drive... and only drive.

so if you want comfort and some practicality... a nice quiet ride.... nice looking ride.... something where power isnt any importance to you... get the 86. gorgeous looking car (they are everywhere but they are nice)

if you want to be on the edge of your seat when you throw a car into a corner... n hear an engine scream at 9k rpm.... get a s2....
    if you wanna smash 98% of cars on the road and still want a rush but comfort.... get a GTR35....

peace! lol
    "RIP Paul Walker. You will be sadly missed by all the car lovers out there..."

Quote Originally Posted by philipminge View Post
    ok so you want comfort - buy a new holden. buy a merc. buy a new honda accord euro.

you want a sports car... you must sacrifice comfort and practicality.

the BRZ/86 is a sharp car. i wouldnt say quality is more refined at all..... just newer with more features as the target the every day owner. sat nav, this and that.
    the build quality of a honda s2000 from new is ridiculous. everything just work perfect.
    they are easy to work on, easy to service, easy to change stuff like spark plugs, and you can basically get to most things on an s2k with little effort. were built for a purpose.... for someone who wants a raw performance car with blinkers.

there is not doubt the 86 drive nice - it does... its more comfortable because they kept in mind that the audience that they were targeting is so wide.... (old and young, someone who wants a sporty car feeling but still nice to drive. safe to drive.... easy to drive.

when they built the s2k... they must have said... lets make something that suits someone chasing the ultimate performace road car.
    Its raw.... no features to distract the drive (sat nav, heated seats, cup holders(not meant to eat while sliding) nothing. from 99-05 you dont even get traction control. you get 2 fkn seats, 3 peddles and a gear stick.
    you know why??? because when you get in a nice S..... thats all you need.... you dont need all the other shit... 1 mistake and it will bite your head off... its for someone who wants to drive... and only drive.

so if you want comfort and some practicality... a nice quiet ride.... nice looking ride.... something where power isnt any importance to you... get the 86. gorgeous looking car (they are everywhere but they are nice)

if you want to be on the edge of your seat when you throw a car into a corner... n hear an engine scream at 9k rpm.... get a s2....
    if you wanna smash 98% of cars on the road and still want a rush but comfort.... get a GTR35....

peace! lol

Hahaha spot on mate. This is a little random but... any idea where I could get a fire extinguisher bracket for the passenger seat by any chance?

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    prob best to get one made.
    what car you running an s2K???

and where do you want it mounted.
    and what size extinguisher are you running??? photos!!!
    take some pics and email me.

p.mingerulli@gmail.com

cheers
    "RIP Paul Walker. You will be sadly missed by all the car lovers out there..."

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Why are the 86 and S2k even compared?

You can't buy a brand spanking new S2k anymore. I think the biggest reason why I'm not blowing all my savings away for a s2k atm, cos its 2nd hand and not new. Where as the 86/BRZ will be a virgin.

S2k cost 70k when new. top 86 only cost 48k?

thats a whopping 22k left over for you to play with 86 to squeeze that missing pull out of the motor. Trust me that 22k is more then enough.

I've taken both side ways.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    My 2cents - If your currently buying sport car, would strong recommend 86/BRZ. Best bang for buck on the current new car market.