Member Array
    Car:
    2006 DC5-S

After New Integra Type S shock absorbers

I am after new shocks, the only thing is that i seem to have a lot of places to choose from when it comes to suspension so i was after any opinions anyone has on different brands i.e best price, longevity

Any help would be greatly appreciated, recommendations would be fantastic!

Member Array
    Car:
    Rolla Sportivo
    Are you after a factory or aftermarket setup? Is it a shock and spring combo or coilover setup your after?

MCA is pretty rapidly expending Australian company that has setups for DC5's. Prices range from $1600 onwards depending on the setup you select.
    Here's their website for more - http://www.mcasuspension.com/

I have mate who runs the X-R series which is more track based on the street. It is quite comfy and has a great improvement on handling.
    Lived the Prelude Life 13/11/13 - 15/09/15
    My 1998 B-84P Prelude VTi-R
    Now living Getz with Lift life - 05 Corolla Sportivo - Standard Sportivo Mod Shiz

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 DC5-S
    Hey Squalled,

I am after a shock / lowering spring combo or shocks and lowering springs, not after coilovers or anything like that.

Aw nice, will check them out, have you had any experience with any older brands??

Murray Coote (MCA) has been building high end motorsport suspension for years (at least 20). They have fairly recently expanded into the road car market, and still have the same high standards. You can't go wrong with his gear.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Im pretty sure MCA Blues you can get from $1500. When on special/sale I've seen $1200.

I'd say go with them too, by the time you go through sourcing springs and shocks, install you will be around that mark anyway. If you try to be cheap and do springs eventually the shock is gonna die anyway.
    So it could end up costing you little more than just going to a good cheap coilover now.

Or you can get in touch with a MCA dealer or MCA themselves and they will build you a set of coil overs for your exact requirement for a very good price being a fully custom thing.

From what I've heard they will also provide after sales support to get you on point to your liking.

Member Array
    Car:
    Rolla Sportivo
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangney View Post
    Hey Squalled,

I am after a shock / lowering spring combo or shocks and lowering springs, not after coilovers or anything like that.

Aw nice, will check them out, have you had any experience with any older brands??
    Couldn't seem to find a shock and spring combo for a DC5 when I looked.

I have BC BR Gold coilovers in my car, and have seen a fair few DC5's before that run the setup (mind you my car isn't a DC5). BC's are ok, not the greatest for everyday unless they're on the softer settings, even then they aren't that great. They did however improve the handling greatly when I decide to go through some twisties.

A friend of mine has the X series (purple) MCA's in his Skyline and even on a medium to soft setting (9kg front and 4kg? rear) it was very comfortable and not noisy at all. The handling was drastically improved so I'd say MCA's are definitely a great purchase.
    Lived the Prelude Life 13/11/13 - 15/09/15
    My 1998 B-84P Prelude VTi-R
    Now living Getz with Lift life - 05 Corolla Sportivo - Standard Sportivo Mod Shiz