Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Tamiya

K24 check engine light ON.

Hi guys,
    I have Odyssey Absolute with K24 in it. Anyway, the engine light was on intermittently with blinking at times.

Last friday, all of a sudden...when it idles starts to stall (with engine light was blinking; NOT Solid). So, I went to Honda dealer. By that time arrived in the dealer, it became solid. So dealer picked up CODE P0303. Misfire from cylinder 3.

So I went to my friend again who is a mechanic and he thought was the coil.
    Sure enough, when we change the coil it was better but same thing...
    we spent a lot of times swapping the coil, spark plugs, and injectors.

At the moment, it drives absolutely fine with CEL ON...in motorway, local street is fine. But as soon as you stop/idle, then it will stall and shake. Then, CEL will be blinking again and then when the car moves, CEL solid again.

I googled that code and this is one of the link I found :
    OBD-II Trouble Code: P0303 Cylinder 3 Three Misfire Detected
    P0303 - Check Engine Light Diagnostic Trouble Code Description

Any ideas from fellow honda owners???
    NOte: It happened when I did the 100K service. Change with OEM Honda spark plug.
    However, I haven't done any valve clearance.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Checked the injectors? Check the electrical connector? Try those.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Other than what fatboy said, mark and swap the coils and see if it is still the same cylinder. Just a process of elimination if you don't wanna pay someone (thats what they would do).

Member Array
    Car:
    Tamiya
    Thanks guys.
    I have swap around the coil and plugs.
    I believe we checked the injectors, but need to check the electrical connector of the coil pack.

Nepolian,
    We did this test...
    we put the car in idle, and then try to pull out the coil from cylinder no 1 and the engine seemed about to die. Now, coil 2 and 4 all have same symptoms. Now cyl no 3, no after effect at all.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by xanctus View Post
    Thanks guys.
    I have swap around the coil and plugs.
    I believe we checked the injectors, but need to check the electrical connector of the coil pack.

Nepolian,
    We did this test...
    we put the car in idle, and then try to pull out the coil from cylinder no 1 and the engine seemed about to die. Now, coil 2 and 4 all have same symptoms. Now cyl no 3, no after effect at all.
    Now is upload you need to see if #3 injector is physically working and do a compression test!

Member Array
    Car:
    Tamiya
    Oh yes, we did the compression test and it was OK I think. But I think I will do all these things again on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    If comp test is coming up fine then you have either ignition problem or injector related or electrical problem going into no. 3 .

I would try swap over the injectors around as a base test to see if there's any difference. You already eliminated coil packs, so next step is to test all the electrical connections leading up too no.3.

Member Array
    Car:
    Tamiya
    Well, done all those things.
    Changed injectors, we thought it was wiring problem. But tested and wiring is running fine.

It's weird stuffs indeed. When the car running (at least 2K rpm), all the cylinder works fine.
    We did vacuum test (not sure if that's the right word/term) but only idling when misfire takes place.

We will have to check ECU after this.
    It drives me crazy when problem is hard to identify.
    All I am worried is that mechanical problem.
    But my mechanic said, if it is mechanical then it should be misfiring even though not idling.

Any comments???

Account Disabled Array
    Do a compression check

Member Array
    Car:
    Tamiya
    We did compression test and it was ok.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro & CRV
    We did this test...
    we put the car in idle, and then try to pull out the coil from cylinder no 1 and the engine seemed about to die. Now, coil 2 and 4 all have same symptoms. Now cyl no 3, no after effect at all.[/QUOTE]

For all out there,
    Just had similar thing on my Euro.
    My no. 2 coil pack had failed.
    What is described above is the same thing.....if you disconnect something and it has no effect, then that component is faulty and the cause of the problem.
    On the K24 above, I guarantee no. 3 coil pack had failed......

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Maybe just turn it OFF

?
    part time potato