Lightbulb HELP! My dome light won't work

Hi everyone,
    I have a Honda Civic 8th gen Vti 2006.
    Recently the dome light stopped working, both when opening doors and switching it on/off. Other interior/trunk lights are working just fine except for this one.
    I figured that the bulb is out so went to get a new bulb to replace it, but couldn't get it to work. I have tried reversing the the bulb, as well as checking fuse 22 under the bonnet (which looks fine) and still can't figure out what's wrong. I have tested the new bulb and can confirm that it is functional.
    I'm looking for some advices on how to fix this, thanks!

Have you removed the dome light?
    If you have a multi meter test which find out which is the ground wire, and test to see if you get any voltage.

Look at the dome light and see if there is any damage.

Also check interior fuses not by looking at them but by using a multi meter on continuity mode and touching the metal tabs on the top of the fuse.

Member Array
    Car:
    None
    Sounds like wiring is out... Check continuity on the door switches to the cabin light socket, press the trip button on the chassis to see if corresponding response on your multimeter.

Also just checking that you disclosed all information, you haven't chopped the roof off with an angle grinder 'cos that would definitely explain why the cabin light aint working.