Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord 2006 2.0

Driver seat uncomfortable

Hello dear forum members !
    I recently bought a 2006 Accord 2.0L European (i think its called a cl9).
    Its absolutely wonderful in every way, well, except for one: The Driver Seat.
    I have this car for about 4 months now, and i every time i drive it i come out with sharp knee pains that are growing with time. Its more than just uncomfortable, its ruining my health. really. I dont know if its only the seat, and i have a feeling its more than just the seat. its the placement of the pedals relative to the seat AND the seats' bad comfort.
    Its so acute that i was thinking about selling the car.

I was wondering, Is there anyone else who suffers from the same symptoms ? Does anyone know of a good solution to this problem ? (replacing the seat, aftermarket replacements to parts of the cockpit, i dont know, anything...)
    Its really disappointing and i really want to find a solution before i get to the atomic option of selling.
    Thank you all very much.

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by eyalriemer View Post
    I have this car for about 4 months now, and i every time i drive it i come out with sharp knee pains that are growing with time. Its more than just uncomfortable, its ruining my health. really. I dont know if its only the seat, and i have a feeling its more than just the seat. its the placement of the pedals relative to the seat AND the seats' bad comfort.

I was wondering, Is there anyone else who suffers from the same symptoms ? Does anyone know of a good solution to this problem ? (replacing the seat, aftermarket replacements to parts of the cockpit, i dont know, anything...)
    Its really disappointing and i really want to find a solution before i get to the atomic option of selling.
    Thank you all very much.
    I believe this will fix your issues.

SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

Thank you all very much.
    Auto or Manual transmission?
    How do you sit in your seat? Do you sit with the back rest up or do you sit like a sick c**t with it as low as possible?
    How far from the pedals are you?

The reason why I'm asking is that most stock seats are built with comfort in mind and the Accord Euro is one of Honda's luxury models. I'm pretty sure they would have made those things as comfortable as possible. I have the newer model and those seats are really comfortable provided you adjust the lumbar support to suit your posture.

Please don't think I'm having a go at you or anything, I'm just pointing out the obvious because when you sit in a car seat there shouldn't be any pressure on your knees at all unless you haven't adjusted your seat properly.

The Honda Accord Euro seats are generally design for someone who is a slimmer build. If you're used to sitting in a Ford or Commodore then jumping into the Euro the seats tends to be more form fitting. A fixed one piece seat will be a killer for a daily driver!! They are only good for track or weekend drive for no more than 1 hour or 2. It may not be the seat but could be overly inflated tyres or worn out shocks thats giving you fatigue and making you uncomfortable.
    Last edited by BigBen; 03-07-2015 at 07:02 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Do you live in europe?

Accord euros in Australia are all 2.4 litre

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&A=112927
    ^^^ give this a read.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    ....I recently bought a 2006 Accord 2.0L European (i think its called a cl9). Its absolutely wonderful in every way, well, except for one: The Driver Seat.......
    You may wish to try what I did to my 2012 CU2 driver's seat to improve comfort to suit my bad lower back. I simply undone the seat mounting bolts and placed some flat washers under the seat rails to lift the rear seat mountings about 1 inch above the floor. I do not recall now but I may have replaced the original bolts with longer ones of the high tensile strength variety.
    With the seat-back adjusted at the same slightly reclined position as before, the resulting flatter position of the seat squab increased the angle between my torso and legs by several degrees and this brought me relief. I note I did the same mod to a Toyota Yaris I owned earlier and liked it, so I carried it over to the Accord.
    It costs close to nothing, takes only few minutes to do and you may try this with either the front or rear, or both pairs of seat mounting bolts. Let us know if it helped.
    Last edited by aquasurf; 13-09-2015 at 07:34 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Although I cannot offer a solution, I must admit that I find the seats in my MY12 Accord Euro Lux do get uncomfortable after a couple of hours on a long trip. ( "numb bum" syndrome.)
    But having said that, they are heaps better than the ones in the 2003 Corolla Sportivo we ran prior to buying the Accord!
    And if you really want to get uncomfortable, then try the seats in a VE Commodore! Like sitting on a park bench.

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Yes..that's the stuff.