Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sounds like you might need to retard the timing manually ( loosen dizzy , rotate back towards the firewall) to get it to kick. This can happen if you took off the dizzy to remove the box and then just plopped it on at any old angle.

Make sure when removing the dizzy to mark its original angle so you can place it on easily
    Last edited by bennjamin; 24-09-2016 at 10:49 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 Turbo
    I didnt remove the dizzy, i dropped the box from the bottom.
    I turned the crank with a ratchet and it turned fine, ran a compression test and it is fine which means the starter motor is turning the engine.
    So the starter motor and wiring i think are all ok, i would say ive misaligned the flywheel unfortunately....

Quote Originally Posted by tayl51601 View Post
    I didnt remove the dizzy, i dropped the box from the bottom.
    I turned the crank with a ratchet and it turned fine, ran a compression test and it is fine which means the starter motor is turning the engine.
    So the starter motor and wiring i think are all ok, i would say ive misaligned the flywheel unfortunately....
    The flywheel doesn't need to be aligned to any sensor. It can only go on according to the bolts that hold it.
    Something else is wrong.

So it turns over but doesn't start ? Have you tested for any ecu codes ?
    I feel you have left something out / loose or swapped it incorrectly

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 Turbo
    The sentence in the manual says 'ALign the hole in the flywheel with the crank shaft dowel pin' but this picture is what i would expect to see on the crank which it didnt have:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	align-dowel-pin-crank-to-flywheel-07-500l.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	29841

And this is my stock flywheel that i have out of the car, theres no hole for a dowel pin.... So have i really misaligned it? Is it possible on a b18c7? THhe manual i got is for a b18c5
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	29842

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 Turbo
    I havent tested the ecu, ill have to do that.
    I must have done something else wrong, thanks bennjamin, ill look over everything carefully

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    yeah if you missed a dowel pin you'd know since you wouldn't be able to bolt it up properly
    my vote is a missed sensor plug of sorts

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 Turbo
    Must be a plug somewhere, does anyone know where the 2 wires are that you have to bridge to do an ecu test on a pP73 ecu, i think its an OBD-2 with 3 big connectors in it.
    Bennjamin you might know? I read your DIY ecu test but my wires arent 2 in a connector on their own.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 Turbo
    never mind, i found it.
    I got code 61 and 81 on the ABS light

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 Turbo
    So i found the codes, erased them and while i was trying to restart the car it started but struggled, sounded rough and it died pretty quick.
    Think its timing?