vtec solenoid spool valve

Hello. I have just purchased a 2005 CRV and it was jerking under load going up hills. The engine light came on and I plugged my code reader in and it gave me error P2647 which said rocker arm actuator system stuck on bank 1. I found out it has something to do with the VTEC solenoid valve. Does anyone know where I can buy one of them? Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    I've seen them on Ebay. I think you replace the electrical actuator only, not the entire unit.
    Current: 2006 i-CTDi Tourer 1994 VTI Accord Wagon

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    BTW there is an old thread on Ozhonda that talks about the same code error.

Thanks Richard. Is the electrical actuator the small round unit screwed to the top? Where is the old thread?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    The solenoid is the cylinder at the end. I'm not totally across whether all vtec Hondas use the same unit, but there is bound to be a lot of cross-compatibility.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ighlight=P2647

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ighlight=P2647

Thanks for the info. Today I went to Bursons auto spares and they don't have any and that I'd have to go to Honda. There are several on ebay with Honda part numbers. How would they compare to a genuine unit? The message i get on my obd reader says rocker arm actuator system stuck on bank 1. Does that translate to the spool valve?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    I haven't had this problem. But I think the actuator operates a linear valve that pressurises the vtec system. We're talking on a dead forum here so I suggest you look at forums world wide. The type of problem you have can't be unique with all the millions of vtec engines out there.