Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24249505152
    Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    I fixed it for now.

Went to soupacheep and bought a can of spray lithium grease with a long nozzle and got upside down among the pedals. Someone before me had tried to fix the problem as there was grease everywhere.

I noticed the flex in the assembly! it's horrible! I thought that perhaps the creak was coming from the mounting.

I re-greased every single pivot point until the whole thing looked like a lard sculpture.. it's probably all going to come down in the next heat wave. But it kept creaking.

Last thing I did was put a squirt into the push rod tube for the master cylinder. And that fixed it. It's silky smooth and quiet now.

Might think about bracing the housing a bit before I go to a heavier clutch.
    Last edited by Richard B; 14-02-2017 at 09:16 PM. Reason: barnacles
    Current: 2006 i-CTDi Tourer 1994 VTI Accord Wagon

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 7th Gen
    nice one. yeah maybe wipe off the excess from the pedal mechanisms as it wont be doing much good and will cause a mess when it runs down.

Yeah its the master cylinder thats the main culprit. Im sure someone out there has changed the MC before to something else that doesnt have the issues.
    Pressure plate and actual friction plates are fine in this car. if probably over-engineered by the feel of it. Doesnt need to be that beefy a clutch for a 4cyl.
    the clutch on my 410hp Skyline was just as heavy!

I had my master cylinder replaced under warranty like 5 years ago. It still creaks.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 7th Gen
    yep, needs the constant lubing on the actuator rod if you want to keep the squeaks away. Rod might even need rotating if it has become worn and scored on one side.

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Prelude VTi-R ATTS
    Supposed to be fixed in the A04 part.
    https://www.heeltoeauto.com/honda-ge...4-version.html
    No idea about long term though.
    There's also this: http://www.mandm-honda.com/shop/prod...product_id=219

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Get the clutch slave cylinder replaced and squeak be gone!

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 7th Gen
    nope. thats been covered mate. people replaced it and the squeek back within 3-6 months. its a fault in the design of the MC.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    I now keep a can of white lithium spray grease with a long nozzle in the back of the car. Seemed the cheapest / less involved solution to it all. Seems to last longer with each application too - probably because there's a fair bit of grease in there now.
    Current: 2006 i-CTDi Tourer 1994 VTI Accord Wagon

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 7th Gen
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
    I now keep a can of white lithium spray grease with a long nozzle in the back of the car. Seemed the cheapest / less involved solution to it all. Seems to last longer with each application too - probably because there's a fair bit of grease in there now.
    thats what i do too!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by jjman View Post
    nope. thats been covered mate. people replaced it and the squeek back within 3-6 months. its a fault in the design of the MC.
    Nope, changed mine about 5 years ago and the squeak has not returned. Yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 7th Gen
    ah ok, sweet!.
    i did see someone note that at some point honda did upgrade the MC they used as the replacement and that this might indeed solve this issue. was it you saying this or perhaps can you confirm if you received this updated part?

-because there was many people who said they had the MC replaced under warranty back when these cars were new (mid 2000s) and they said it only fixed the problem for a short time before returning.