View Full Version : NSW Can rego on a vehicle be transferred to another car?

27-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Quick question guys,,,
My younger brother has been involved in a car accident, and his car has unfortunately been written off... he had just paid $1000 for rego a few days ago, can he transfer the rego to a new car?
Any information will be greatly appreciated.

27-02-2013, 09:18 PM
You can cancel your rego and get a portion of it back in NSW I believe. Best bet is contacting the RTA.

27-02-2013, 10:49 PM
He can cancel the rego and get a chunk of it back.

01-03-2013, 01:35 PM
you get your greenslip money back thats it nothing from the rta

02-03-2013, 05:42 PM
You do get a refund from the Rta but they do take a small fee

03-03-2013, 09:12 AM
No it cant be done. You can cancel the rego and get modt if your rego fres back since you only rego'd it a couple of days ago. And you'll be able to get some refund of your greenslip.