PDA

View Full Version : My CL9 BUILD: Carly (Pge 10 NEW RIMS WOO)

Pages : [1] 2

MingZai
12-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Hey guys, I decided to start a thread to show a before and after progress of my 2004 Honda Accord Euro Luxury. After lots of thought and talk I've decided to go down the path of modding my Euro. Here is a list of mods I am going to go through 100% before other mods are put down.
EXTERIOR:
Mugen Front Bumper (Not Lip)
Luckystar Rear Bumper(Not Lip)
Mugen Side Lip Kit / Luckystar Side Lip Kit(depending which flows better)
OEM Honda Accord Euro Spoiler (O4)
Rims

PERFORMANCE:
Injen CAI (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?152401-My-CL9-BUILD-Carly-%28Pge-6-for-Panel-beaters-visit-Euro-R-Recaros-Update!%29&p=3046734&viewfull=1#post3046734)
Weapon R Header / TODA / J's Racing (Deciding)
Hi Flow Cat (Depending on which header I get)
Weapon R Test Pipe / TODA Test Pipe / J's Racing (All depending on which Header I get)
Skunk 2 Cat Back

HANDLING
Whiteline Sway Bar
Camber Kits
Buddy Club N+ Coilovers

More Mods will be done once this list is finished!

My car is complete stock atm and I am attempting to do 1 of these mods once every month.

STOCK
http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/3681/img1381g.jpg

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/2806/img1391uw.jpg

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/9794/img1554yo.jpg

ALSO btw:
Most of these mods, I will attempt to DIY apart from the paint and panel beating. Feel free to comment or give out your opinion on the list I've compiled unless your going to say the Luckystar Rear is ricey :p

MingZai
12-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Sorry if this counts as double posting!
INJEN CAI INSTALL
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/255628_10150334142889377_581584376_10021937_799124 6_n.jpg
My Injen CAI has finally arrived from the states! Time to install :)

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/261696_10150369526404377_581584376_10293774_588530 _n.jpg
Removal of the Radiator to remove front bumper (after breaking a few clips lol)

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/261414_10150369527864377_581584376_10293807_392098 0_n.jpg
Removed the Air Intake Duct and the Air Intake Box.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/267345_10150369528644377_581584376_10293824_167950 2_n.jpg
Battery removed along with the tray and loosened the front bumper to remove the Air Resonator Box.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/270124_10150370444899377_581584376_10306940_414778 6_n.jpg
Had to remove the freaking wheel because I couldn't access the last screw holding the Air Resonator Box.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2290/26814510150370445079377.jpg
The really freaking annoying screw.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/261197_10150370445909377_581584376_10306959_112577 5_n.jpg
Finally both the Air Resonator Box and Air Resonator Tube are removed...

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/262764_10150370446529377_581584376_10306972_400524 6_n.jpg
Engine Bay with the Stock OEM Air Intake removed.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/283109_10150379788394377_581584376_10424415_807907 3_n.jpg
Installed after 2 days of hard work!
A before and after video will be uploaded soon.

antony
12-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Nice looking Euro before any mods...

MingZai
12-07-2011, 07:42 PM
Thanks ! sadly some idiot reversed into my front so, some scars left behind and haven't had time to claim insurance.

Fredoops
13-07-2011, 08:51 AM
Lol nice one, DIY, I'm not sure y you have a hammer there but hey :-p

You might wanna add brake rotors to your mod list, eBay TSX rotors are good enough, I'm using it.
- also you might wanna have a look at Progress RSB, iirc it's cheaper than Whiteline and it's adjustable.
- and front strut bar! I got a el-cheapo eBay one lol and it look shiny and I swear I can tell the difference when turning ( and it make engine bay look pretty)
- also get WP-R header lol it's 1/2 the price of TOda and come with teat pipe to weld cat on lol.

And rims before body kit, otherwise they'll look lame with the stocky 16's!

Phorist
13-07-2011, 10:03 PM
nice start, looking forward to seeing your car over the coming months

MingZai
13-07-2011, 11:05 PM
Yeah thanks guy's !!
@Fredoops:
Haha the hammer was to pry the Air Resonator Tube off the Air Resonator Box because I was too lazy to use my own strength :p .
Ohhh I shall look into that! Thanks for the tip. I heard good things about the Whiteline and they arn't too expensive. What brand is progress country wise?
Hmmmm does the TODA have much better gains?????
Yes shall look into the rims soon :) as the exhaust should come in 2-3 weeks just in time for my monthly target!

@Phorist:
Thanks man

Fredoops
14-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Progress from US... But probably made in China like everything else.

TOda wil give you more gains but it cost 2x or 3x as much... And it won't produce 2x or 3G as much power, besides most of the gain would be from the hiflow cat.

Ps I got some HKS grounding wires and a voltage stabliZer in the ar as well to make it all pretty lol!

MingZai
14-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Hmmm I might be able to get a Toda Header for $1000.... or maybe even a bit cheaper if I'm lucky...
I shall decide a bit later as that's a bit later down the track since my exhaust hasn't even been fitted yet.
Whats the HKS grounding wires and voltage stabilizer???? Ar??? don't know what that means LOL
Let's get this Hondata chip working :)

Fredoops
14-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Ar = there. iPhone fail..

I found the existing grounding wires in the car are all frayed, so I added the grounding wires to ensure the electronics are working top notch. Im planning to put a T1R lightened pulley in there (it's purple, same colour as my grounding wires) when my pulley belt dies, since the t1r pulley is k20 size (ie, 2-3mm smaller in diameter compared to the k24 pulley) i've put in voltage stablizers to counter act the possible miniscure underiving of the electrics.

Rmember the cost of the WP-R header includes a test pipe which you can weld the hi-flow cat to, not sure if the Toda come wih the same.

Anyway, here's what I planned to do to my automatic cl9 before I run outta money paying for some 'bills':

Exterior:
1. Lighter weight 17inch rims (less than 9kg each, which is weight of the stock 16 inch, remember, each kg saved on the rims/nuts = 5-10kg save on the body)
2. Mesh grill (a eBay seller sells it cheap, like 50 bucks, unpainted, from Japan)
3. Black rubber/plastic splitters (like what you see on then WRX STi/EVO, the black stuff below the bumper)

Engine/Exhaust
1. CT-E icebox, same gain as injen, less pretty, but I need to flood proof my shit :-P
2. Hytech-replica PLM headers.
3. Custom Cat/test pipe (PLM headers are LOOoNG and substantial, so to fit a CAT, the catback had to be cut back)
4. 06+ post facelift exhaust/catback... They are much larger than the 03-05 euro exhaust, in fact the pipe is the same size as comptech catbacks, except not shiny.
5. T1R light weight pulley (5-8hp right there).
6. Grounding wire and voltage stabilizer

Handling (factory suspension, I'm not lowering)
1. eBay front strut bar tower bar
2. Progress RSB
3. Front bottom strut bar
4. Slotted/Cross drilled brake rotors ($270 for them front and rear to my door)
5. Ceramic brake pads all around (hawk brand I was looking at)

Damn the bills.

white_ep3_civic
14-07-2011, 09:18 PM
Since the euro is a heavy car I found that alot of braves will be needed if you want to make it handle nice. A front strut will make the biggest difference when turning into a corner. The whiteline rear sway doesn't make enough of a difference for the money.

Fredoops
14-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Since the euro is a heavy car I found that alot of braves will be needed if you want to make it handle nice. A front strut will make the biggest difference when turning into a corner. The whiteline rear sway doesn't make enough of a difference for the money.

well Chasis stiffening IMO is a must since the Euro is rather... "soft".
Then it's the matter of taking the weight out of the front end.

I'd personally get Progress because: A) it's adjustable B) its 22mm instead 18mm in the Whiteline C) review here (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?96503-REVIEW-Progress-22mm-RSB-Replaced-Whiteline-18mm-RSB)says this a better design C) it's like $200 bucks shipped to your door those days THANK YOU HIGH AUSSIE DOLLAR

jono_l
14-07-2011, 10:23 PM
- and front strut bar! I got a el-cheapo eBay one lol and it look shiny and I swear I can tell the difference when turning ( and it make engine bay look pretty)

Was it a big difference? I've always had my doubts on the effectiveness of strut bars on a double wishbone setup (especially since our strut towers are tied to the firewall by two crossmembers already), but the other part of me figures that any chassis stiffening has got to help.

Fredoops
14-07-2011, 11:21 PM
The cl9's stock suspension is soft-ish, plus the 16 inch stockies the result is a feel of "lack of bite" on the front end when you take a corner (it's most noticeable, when you take a normal street corner at say 30-40kph), there's actually a feel of delayed response on the front end.

It's hard to describe but it was like:

Turn steering wheel -> car turns but you don't feel the front end 'biting' te road till a second or 2 later -> got full feel the front end again as car straightens out.

The strut bar I added definitely helped with cornering, the lower speed turnig response is quicker, and I can "feel" the front end biting the road sooner. An the car seems to be able to keep a bit more speed/momentum as it straightens out.

I think if you have both top and bottom strut bars the car will feel much sharper when turning, and you lose less speed at corners.

Other people makes car sharper by changing to harder, sportier suspension.. I'm too cheap for that, so chasis reinforcement will do :-)

boleh
15-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Btw Fredoops, have you sold the CL9 yet?

grifty
15-07-2011, 09:27 AM
Dont go with the lightweight crankshaft pulley, research it lighter ones are not reccomended on street cars, it messes with your engines harmonics and balance.

Honda made it heavy for a reason.

Fredoops
15-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Btw Fredoops, have you sold the CL9 yet?

Nope, decide to keep it, and new ar will just be a second car.

Fredoops
15-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Dont go with the lightweight crankshaft pulley, research it lighter ones are not reccomended on street cars, it messes with your engines harmonics and balance.

Honda made it heavy for a reason.
I researched and got this off acurazine.

Originally Posted by Excelerate
That is what you might want to call an elastomer. It is there to reduce NVH (Noise, Vibration, Harshness). Instead of re-writing this entire argument I will just post UR's response:

4) "Is my crank pulley a harmonic/torsional/vibration damper or a harmonic balancer?"
People are getting their crank pulleys confused with the harmonic dampers found on some V6 / V8 engines. "Harmonic Balancer" is a term used loosely in the automotive industry. Technically, this type of device does not exist. The "balancer" part comes from engines that are externally balanced and have a counterweight cast into the damper, hence the merging of the two terms. None of the applications we offer use a counterweight as part of the pulley, as these engines are all internally balanced.

The pulleys on most of the new import and smaller domestic engines have an elastomer (rubber ring) incorporated into the pulley that makes them look similar to a harmonic damper. The elastomer in the OEM pulley serves as an isolator, which is there to suppress natural vibration and noise from the engine itself, the A/C compressor, P/S pump, and alternator. This is what the manufacturers call NVH (Noise Vibration & Harshness) when referring to noticeable noise and vibration in the passenger compartment. It is important to note in these applications, the elastomer is inadequate in size and durability to act as an effective torsional damper. If you look at the pulleys on some imports there is no rubber to be found at all. We have samples of these, mostly from Acura/Honda, the Nissan Altima, 1.8L Eclipse, 2.3L Fords, Chrysler 2.2L's, and 1.8L VW's, to mention a few. This is not to say with our pulleys you will hear a ton of noise or feel more vibration from your engine compartment. Most owners who have installed our pulleys notice the engine actually feels smoother. This is result of replacing the heavy crank pulley with our crank pulley. NVH is variable and unique to every car. NVH will increase with the installation of an aftermarket intake and/or exhaust, for example. Think of OEM intake systems in newer cars, they use baffles and resonators in the intake to quiet all the intake noise. Aftermarket intakes eliminate these resonators and create dramatic increases in engine noise from the throttle opening and closing. So to most tuners, certain types of NVH can make the driving experience more enjoyable.

The purpose of a traditional harmonic damper is to protect against crank failure from torsional movement. This is not necessary in most modern engines because of the many advances in engine design and materials. Factors such as stroke length, displacement, inline, V configurations, piston dwell time, piston pin off-set, power output, etc., do determine when and how these harmonics and torsional movements occur.

Again, there is a lot of internet hearsay about crank pulleys. When engine problems occur, too often people are quick to blame the pulley first, rather than taking the time to look logically into why there was a problem. We hope that after reading this you will understand the crank pulleys better.

jono_l
15-07-2011, 01:25 PM
The strut bar I added definitely helped with cornering, the lower speed turnig response is quicker, and I can "feel" the front end biting the road sooner. An the car seems to be able to keep a bit more speed/momentum as it straightens out.

I think if you have both top and bottom strut bars the car will feel much sharper when turning, and you lose less speed at corners.

Other people makes car sharper by changing to harder, sportier suspension.. I'm too cheap for that, so chasis reinforcement will do :-)

Thanks for the info mate. Increase in turn-in bite sounds good to me especially if the effects are evident at low speeds. My car is a daily driver and I'm a bit too old to be hooning around, so I'm not really chasing maximum cornering G's. Would rather do something that improves the driving experience in day to day use without affecting ride quality!

Fredoops
15-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the info mate. Increase in turn-in bite sounds good to me especially if the effects are evident at low speeds. My car is a daily driver and I'm a bit too old to be hooning around, so I'm not really chasing maximum cornering G's. Would rather do something that improves the driving experience in day to day use without affecting ride quality!

it doesn't negatively affect ride quality (cause you still have the same suspension), IMO it helps suspension function fully by limiting the body flex (if you know what I mean).

besides, my tower bar cost $70 odd bucks off eBay, it looks just like a Cusco one except the base is black instead of blue (which I think fits well if you happen to have a Injen CAI, since it's also got black base tubings). People spend that much on stickers on the car......

white_ep3_civic
15-07-2011, 08:39 PM
well Chasis stiffening IMO is a must since the Euro is rather... "soft".
Then it's the matter of taking the weight out of the front end.

I'd personally get Progress because: A) it's adjustable B) its 22mm instead 18mm in the Whiteline C) review here (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?96503-REVIEW-Progress-22mm-RSB-Replaced-Whiteline-18mm-RSB)says this a better design C) it's like $200 bucks shipped to your door those days THANK YOU HIGH AUSSIE DOLLAR

I found that my solid 18mm rsb made no difference at all really. Maybe this one will help.

MingZai
17-07-2011, 03:13 PM
Update: Luckystar Rear and Skunk2 Exhaust should be coming in shortly :)

Fredoops
17-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Update: Luckystar Rear and Skunk2 Exhaust should be coming in shortly :)

Header/Hi-flow cat soon? :-P

MingZai
26-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Update: Lucystar Rear will be coming in next week :) but as for the Skunk2 Exhaust the seller has backed out and now I am once back in the search for this exhaust.
If I can't get an update in a weeks time in regards to the Skunk2 Exhaust, I shall be purchasing the Weapon R Header + Test pipe most likely.

jono_l
26-07-2011, 09:29 PM
I'm considering a strut bar but I'm worried about the chassis flexing due to the expansion and contraction of the strut bar so I'm looking for a cheap one with a carbon fibre bar but theyre really hard to find..anyone got any ideas? because apparently aluminium is not good when it comes to thermal contraction/expansion.

I wouldn't worry about thermal expansion effects - these effects would be so small that they are effectively negligible over a small temperature range. Any thermal expansion present would most probably be a few orders of magnitude smaller than the chassis flex you'd get under cornering loads.

Besides, steel, which the car body is made out of, expands with heat too, just not to the same degree as aluminium. :P

it doesn't negatively affect ride quality (cause you still have the same suspension), IMO it helps suspension function fully by limiting the body flex (if you know what I mean).

Yep, I definitely agree with you on that one! Sounds like the $70 eBay cheapy is the way to go! Just gotta wait for my tax return to come in...

imprezu
26-07-2011, 11:35 PM
hey if i get the CT Icebox will i have to remove the front bumper bar and all the other stuff?

Fredoops
27-07-2011, 12:42 AM
According to the instructions.. Yes

MingZai
27-07-2011, 08:17 PM
HMMMMMMMM SELL MY EURO?? lol grr :( dam it

dee-y
27-07-2011, 09:50 PM
I would recommend a strut bar as per the reasons Fred has already posted, limits body roll at the front blah blah. How's the quality on the ebay ones? Maybe check the guys a tsxc if any of them have had any experiences with it. I've got the Cusco one and it's great! Fairly light and quite rigid and looks great in the engine bay lol

Fredoops
27-07-2011, 10:05 PM
I would recommend a strut bar as per the reasons Fred has already posted, limits body roll at the front blah blah. How's the quality on the ebay ones? Maybe check the guys a tsxc if any of them have had any experiences with it. I've got the Cusco one and it's great! Fairly light and quite rigid and looks great in the engine bay lol

Mine's exactly same as Cusco except the the base is heavier than the Cusco, the shiny bar part is aluminum so I cant complain :-)

MingZai
13-08-2011, 09:36 PM
UPDATE: REAR BUMPER HAS ARRIVED AT MY PLACE :)
(Picture coming soon)

marquee
14-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Just spoke to my mechanic about the.differences between eBay strut bars and branded bars the branded bars have metal in the bar as well to increase stiffness where the eBay ones are just hollow not sure if it provides much of a difference though

Fredoops
14-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Just spoke to my mechanic about the.differences between eBay strut bars and branded bars the branded bars have metal in the bar as well to increase stiffness where the eBay ones are just hollow not sure if it provides much of a difference though

Cusco's are also hollow... Solid bar's would be something like 20 kg's lol

MingZai
15-08-2011, 12:20 AM
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/226103_10150413824974377_581584376_10787988_658227 2_n.jpg

Going to be painted silver!

richard_k
16-08-2011, 05:01 PM
nice build so far man :) have you joined jdmstyletuning yet?

AlexK
16-08-2011, 06:38 PM
You do realise that should the police catch you with a test pipe fitted on your car you will be facing a fine of up to $10,000.00... just something to consider. The weapon R comes with the test pipe but I do not recommend installing it... go for a high flow cat option.

Nice build though :)

Fredoops
17-08-2011, 12:54 AM
You do realise that should the police catch you with a test pipe fitted on your car you will be facing a fine of up to $10,000.00... just something to consider. The weapon R comes with the test pipe but I do not recommend installing it... go for a high flow cat option.

What everyone do with the WP-R heade is to cut a section of the test pipe off and weld a metal cat in it's place

MingZai
17-08-2011, 11:02 PM
nice build so far man :) have you joined jdmstyletuning yet?
cheers richard, nah I haven't joined jdmstyletuning yet but I am on TSXCLUB which I see that your on as well :)

Hey Alex nah it's fine as my testpipe build will have a Hi-Flow Cat welded on.

What everyone do with the WP-R heade is to cut a section of the test pipe off and weld a metal cat in it's place

^ what fredoops said :p

Fredoops
17-08-2011, 11:08 PM
cheers richard, nah I haven't joined jdmstyletuning yet but I am on TSXCLUB which I see that your on as well :)

Hey Alex nah it's fine as my testpipe build will have a Hi-Flow Cat welded on.

^ what fredoops said :p

I've got my DC/RT/CTE/CUSCO..... im happy for the moment lol

MingZai
19-08-2011, 01:48 AM
lmaoo I'm still searching for Mugen Front (Full) but failing atm... might just go for genuine front lip for the time being... sigh :(

got a video???? of ur setup

richard_k
19-08-2011, 06:46 PM
where have you tried for the front lip? the usual like yahoo auctions and that?

Fredoops
19-08-2011, 08:22 PM
lmaoo I'm still searching for Mugen Front (Full) but failing atm... might just go for genuine front lip for the time being... sigh :(

got a video???? of ur setup
waiting for a part to come, i'll do it after it's installed

MingZai
04-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Euro R Recaro's Installed and running!!

Pictures Coming Soon!

Waiting to be installed is the Weapon R Header , Test Pipe and FLP Cat!

marquee
04-09-2011, 10:13 PM
hey if i get the CT Icebox will i have to remove the front bumper bar and all the other stuff?

Reason being you have to remove the resonator

MingZai
16-09-2011, 02:21 PM
Ok Update:
Pictures of the Weapon R Race Header + Test Pipe + FLP High Flow CAT combination.
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/317151_10150452949679377_581584376_11143181_164305 2638_n.jpg
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/313346_10150452949889377_581584376_11143183_118148 5017_n.jpg

Fredoops
16-09-2011, 02:26 PM
install them bitch I wanna hear the sound lol

DEIFIC
16-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Ok Update:
Pictures of the Weapon R Race Header + Test Pipe + FLP High Flow CAT combination.
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/317151_10150452949679377_581584376_11143181_164305 2638_n.jpg
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/313346_10150452949889377_581584376_11143183_118148 5017_n.jpg
install that shit before melbourne meet in october! i wana check out how it sounds especially with the injen cai (Y)

MingZai
16-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Hahaha yeah man I'm trying :P
Going to update the Recaro Seats picture soon too :D

DEIFIC
16-09-2011, 02:41 PM
also i see your not on the east side pre-meet list, are you from the west? we can defs cruise together!

d_evilz
16-09-2011, 02:43 PM
nice progress!
too bad i havent done much to my car :( lol

Fredoops
16-09-2011, 02:45 PM
Minzai time to update ur sig lol like mine

MingZai
16-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Hey nah I am on the east side premeet list! haha

@D_evilz: cheers man

@Fredoops: soon soon not enough mods :p

DEIFIC
16-09-2011, 04:08 PM
ahhk damn misread the list all good see you then anyway

MingZai
16-09-2011, 05:37 PM
haha yeah :) see you there!

My car just came back from the panel beaters and finally it looks clean again haha!

NOW I can show you guys what it looks up to.. !!

Give me a few mins for the Euro-R Recaro photos !

y.vtech
17-09-2011, 09:07 AM
Mingzai just wondering is there only one slot for the o2 sensor?

MingZai
17-09-2011, 12:59 PM
I believe so... I just had a look and there seems to be only 1 sensor... on the CAT

y.vtech
18-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Hmmm. Let me know how it all goes with installation . Goodluck

MingZai
18-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Yeah no problem I'm going to install it with a mate hopefully sometime next week.

Fredoops
18-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Yeah no problem I'm going to install it with a mate hopefully sometime next week.

just outta curiosity... arent you supposed to install it first before measuring/cutting/welding?

MingZai
18-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Pre measured already :D

UPDATE:
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/310225_10150452950094377_581584376_11143184_308253 281_n.jpg
Carly getting her front bumper replaced at the panel beaters due to some idiot doing a hit and run :(

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/311898_10150454582834377_581584376_11152688_209414 5633_n.jpg
Her new fresh clean look :D
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/311691_10150454582959377_581584376_11152689_651408 407_n.jpg
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/301598_10150454583119377_581584376_11152690_123483 8252_n.jpg
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/315778_10150454583349377_581584376_11152691_649294 744_n.jpg
Genuine JDM OEM Euro R Recaro Seats :D
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/305399_10150454583479377_581584376_11152692_174891 3182_n.jpg

DEIFIC
18-09-2011, 11:02 PM
loving the recaro's!

MR_LATE
18-09-2011, 11:03 PM
suits car very well.

ryaan
18-09-2011, 11:25 PM
Pre measured already :D

UPDATE:
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/310225_10150452950094377_581584376_11143184_308253 281_n.jpg
Carly getting her front bumper replaced at the panel beaters due to some idiot doing a hit and run :(

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/311898_10150454582834377_581584376_11152688_209414 5633_n.jpg
Her new fresh clean look :D
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/311691_10150454582959377_581584376_11152689_651408 407_n.jpg
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/301598_10150454583119377_581584376_11152690_123483 8252_n.jpg

how much was the front bumper installed and painted? :)

Fredoops
19-09-2011, 08:41 AM
our 16inch stokies has to go... Soo outta place lol

d_evilz
19-09-2011, 11:19 AM
least those 16 stockies are better then my one.
i have these.....
http://www.tradingpost.com.au/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Telstra-TradingPost-Site/Telstra-TradingPost/en_AU/UserImages/volume1/n_/nx/n_YKoQwj5_0AAAEcYw8SL0nx/Ym/ie/YmIKoQwiNqUAAAEvUhAA8kie/Resized/Resized330x235_100403%2016%20inch%20Honda%20Accord %20Euro%20Genuine%20Alloy%20Wheels%20(Medium).JPG

MingZai
19-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Yes lol next mod should be rims! But a secret :)
The stockies dont look too bad atm as I dont have the bodykit on haha

MR_LATE
19-09-2011, 11:42 AM
wat is replica? as in which brands..

Fredoops
19-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Www.tirerack.com

Kthxbai to ur cash

Remember the 16x6 stockies are approx 9kg each... Keep that in mind when getting new rims

HONTUNE
19-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Looks good man.. Good choices.. Looking forward to see more updates :)

MingZai
19-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Haha edited cause I thought I didnt make sense. What I meant is that I have to allocate my cash wisely :p I can buy replica jdm wheels for 500 or so but I rather pay the full amount for the authentic one.

d_evilz
19-09-2011, 12:32 PM
have you got coilovers installed yet?

MingZai
19-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Gonna be the thing I get after I finish off bodykit and rims

d_evilz
19-09-2011, 02:45 PM
ah yeh, my coilvers are sitting in the boot atm, need to get them installed hopefully this weekend.

MingZai
19-09-2011, 03:14 PM
Nice which ones u get??

d_evilz
19-09-2011, 03:20 PM
buddy club n+
bidding a set of wheels from ebay aswell. hope win them! hahah

marquee
19-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Euro r seats look so nice man wish they were legal

white_ep3_civic
19-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Gonna look good when the rims and coilovers go in.

MingZai
19-09-2011, 07:01 PM
@d_evilz : very nice!!!

marquee : what do you mean wish they were legal?? Arn't they legal lol

white_ep3_civic : haha thanks yeahh I'm actually trying to justify myself to buy air suspension LOL

longers
19-09-2011, 07:05 PM
the seats them selves are legal, but you putting em in your car makes it illegal.

those seats don't have side airbags that your stocks seats have.

and removing airbags from your car makes your car defect-able

marquee
19-09-2011, 07:15 PM
As above..

Not only defectable... You won't get paid out on insurance

MingZai
19-09-2011, 08:42 PM
I've actually already spoken to AAMI and they've put it on my policy AND it hasn't affected my premium sooo yeah :D

Fredoops
19-09-2011, 09:21 PM
the seats them selves are legal, but you putting em in your car makes it illegal.

those seats don't have side airbags that your stocks seats have.

and removing airbags from your car makes your car defect-able

My car doesnt have a/b on seats.... it's on the pillar aint it?

marquee
19-09-2011, 09:28 PM
All accord euros cl9 are in the seats when you get in your car look at the tag on you seat and push hard there you will feel it and I think it says it on the drivers side sun visor aswell

Fredoops
19-09-2011, 09:31 PM
All accord euros cl9 are in the seats when you get in your car look at the tag on you seat and push hard there you will feel it and I think it says it on the drivers side sun visor aswell
Then Mingzai should be getting SRS warning lights.

jono_l
19-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Off the top of my head, side (thorax) airbags on the seats are standard equipment, whilst the curtain airbags (in the pillars) only come on the Lux and other non-standard models (i.e. Limited). If there are airbags in the pillar, you'll see an SRS airbag logo on the front and rear pillars.

MingZai, I'd be very careful with the insurance/legality issues, and would study the PDS very carefully - just because an insurance company has OK'ed the mod, it does not make it legal. I believe that in many cases, the insurers would have some sort of clause saying that insurance may be void in the case if the car is not roadworthy/has illegal mods. And from my understanding, removing an airbag of any sort is very illegal!

Fredoops
19-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Talking about rims... get some Enkei EVO 8's and paint them bronze... HOT
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2762727

since you're in melbourne... Theres one for sale now.. Wish I'm in Melbourne to get that lol
http://www.boostclassifieds.com.au/advert/750932-17quot-Evo-8-Enkei-Rims-And-Yokohama-Advan-Tyres-for-Sale.html

marquee
19-09-2011, 10:53 PM
Does the lux replace airbags in the seats for airbags in the pillars or use both?

MingZai
19-09-2011, 11:12 PM
@Fredoops : Yes, by removing my Luxury Leather Seats I will be getting a SRS Airbag light because there are Airbags on the seats themselves (side air bags). I also have additional bags on the pillars both drivers side and passengers side.

@ jono_l : PDS? I've spoken to Honda about it as well, as long as I complete the SRS circuit and get what's required to complete the circuit and an electrical engineer approves it or something similar to that (or pass roadworthy tick boxes) it should be fine.

@Marquee : Luxury version uses both!

Can anyone who owns a standard Accord Euro be able to comment if they have side air bags on the seats?

jono_l
19-09-2011, 11:44 PM
Does the lux replace airbags in the seats for airbags in the pillars or use both?

Both - the side (thorax) airbags in the seat inflate at seat level, at chest level (hence its name). The curtain airbags on the Lux inflate at head level, covering the window (hence why they are often referred to as curtain airbags).

@ jono_l : PDS? I've spoken to Honda about it as well, as long as I complete the SRS circuit and get what's required to complete the circuit and an electrical engineer approves it or something similar to that (or pass roadworthy tick boxes) it should be fine.

PDS = product disclosure statement, the book of rules that each insurance company uses to find ways not to pay you after an accident! From Honda's standpoint, the car should functional normally with the airbag circuit completed (sans side air bag of course) - after all, the CL7R was offered with no such option. Personally though, I'd have a chat to your local authorities (i.e. vicroads) to see exactly what the implications are. If it is anything like NSW, it will be near impossible to get it legal, and definitely defectable

MingZai
19-09-2011, 11:52 PM
Replacement Seats
"Seats supplied as an option by the vehicle manufacturer
may be fitted. A VASS approval certificate is not required
for this type of seat replacement provided;
The seat is one supplied by the vehicle manufacturer as
an option for that vehicle and is actually replacing an
existing seat.
The original seat mountings are used, and
Appropriate seat belts are fitted. "

From vicroads

taxi
20-09-2011, 12:09 AM
Just a question, when you got hit why didn't u replace ur bumper with an after market one?
I thought u were interested in the Mugen one?

MingZai
20-09-2011, 12:15 AM
I certainly was but couldn't really source one :( , also I don't think Insurance would've covered for a new Mugen Front Bumper haha

taxi
20-09-2011, 12:20 AM
fair enough, when it happened to me (rear bumper) i was allowed to choose which panel beater to go to.
then from there he would refund the OEM bumper and use that money for my mugen style one lol.
I had to pay an extra $50 or something but I thought, might as well while i'm at it since i need a new one regardless.

MingZai
20-09-2011, 12:54 AM
really? where did you source this mugen bumper?

longers
20-09-2011, 01:04 AM
yeaaahhh... they may say yes now but when you get into a car accident and they have to pay you out they're gonna want to investigate it and if they find that you're missing airbags they're not going to pay you out. your insurers only insure you if your vehicle is roadworthy. if your car is deemed un-roadworthy by the insurers then they have a right not to repair/pay out your car.

Replacement Seats
"Seats supplied as an option by the vehicle manufacturer
may be fitted. A VASS approval certificate is not required
for this type of seat replacement provided;
The seat is one supplied by the vehicle manufacturer as
an option for that vehicle and is actually replacing an
existing seat.
The original seat mountings are used, and
Appropriate seat belts are fitted. "

From vicroads
you forgot you read the second half

An Approval Certificate is required if:
the replacement seat was not offered by the manufacturer as an option

the vehicle was manufactured on or after 1 January 1969.

reading further into the vicroads website

Seats fitted with integrated seatbelts, airbags, seat
position sensors or active head restraints by the vehicle
manufacturer for occupant protection may only be
replaced with seats with identical fittings, safety systems
and crash performance

Rudy
20-09-2011, 03:19 AM
Like Longers said , the insurance company saying they 'have it on file' and them actually paying out when the shit hits the fan, can be 2 different things.

marquee
20-09-2011, 10:08 AM
Insurance companies assume your seats are legal... I rang up the other day to change my policy and they ask no questions at all regarding legality.

Fredoops
20-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Srsly why are we arguing over the seats?

Insurer can only deny a claim when the modification is directly linked to the cause of the accident.
Eg: SRI air filter pod caught fire damaged the car in Vic where exposed pod filter is illegal
Or
Car clipped ground whole going up a driveway because it's lowered beyond legal limit.
Or
Driving around in bald tyres where it lost control and hit a tree

MingZai
20-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Thanks fredoops! That's what i thought as well.

Thanks for everyones concerns but I highly doubt my seats will be the reason of an accident. However I will find an elelctrical engineer and see how I am going to remove the light or complete the circuit.

longers
20-09-2011, 12:03 PM
its not just vicroads, if you get t-boned and your injured/dead and the TAC finds that side airbags may have saved your life then its all on you. they're not gonna compensate you.

Fredoops
20-09-2011, 12:07 PM
Srsly guys, he got seats, get over it, Npcan had the same seats, I don't see any of those kind of bitching in his thread.

longers
20-09-2011, 12:33 PM
lol who's bitchin' here? im just trying to tell him the correct information so he isn't mis-informed. i have a bride seat as a replacement for my drivers seat. so i'm in the same predicament.

euro_run
12-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Good build! Did you end up getting the CT Icebox?

I'm weighing between the Injen CAI and that now, and wonder what's kind of sound the Icebox makes? Considering the Icebox being more everyday-drive friendly

Had some heavy rain recently in Melb

richard_k
12-11-2011, 11:47 AM

I'm weighing between the Injen CAI and that now, and wonder what's kind of sound the Icebox makes? Considering the Icebox being more everyday-drive friendly

mate i made it through the qld floods just fine with a cai haha

marquee
12-11-2011, 03:14 PM

Man all intakes should be fine unless submerged i was driving last week in that weather fir 2 hours and it was fine

marquee
12-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Oh and he got an injen

euro_run
12-11-2011, 04:19 PM
mate i made it through the qld floods just fine with a cai haha

Lol..thank goodnes. Dont know if I could watch a CL9 die, saw some of that flooding and cars being swept off on tv a while back. Just for peace of mind i guess

MingZai, are you driving in Melb though? Thought i read somehwre that CAI was illegal in VIC

Type R Positive
12-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Nice build MingZai!
I'm loving the recaros!

Fredoops
12-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Lol..thank goodnes. Dont know if I could watch a CL9 die, saw some of that flooding and cars being swept off on tv a while back. Just for peace of mind i guess

MingZai, are you driving in Melb though? Thought i read somehwre that CAI was illegal in VIC

Not if you use a dry filter iirc

MingZai
05-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Nice build MingZai!
I'm loving the recaros!

Thanks Type R Positive :D

haha love your name!

Guys theres going to be massive updates to this thread over the next 2-3 months so keep an eye out :D

MingZai
05-12-2011, 10:55 PM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/374724_10150599433984377_581584376_11891601_579708 605_n.jpg

New Rims bahahahahah who can guess what they are?

ergot
05-12-2011, 11:54 PM
are those rays light grams?

ajphillips92
06-12-2011, 03:45 AM
****kkkk i want those rims on mine, they look dope

marquee
06-12-2011, 06:21 AM
Rotas lol

Fredoops
06-12-2011, 07:42 AM
It says rays on the stickers...

MingZai
06-12-2011, 08:16 AM
are those rays light grams?
Nope they are Rays TE37 :)

****kkkk i want those rims on mine, they look dope
Hahaha what colour is your car?

Rotas lol
LOL your so funny arnt you marquee.... I don't roll on fake ****

It says rays on the stickers...
Yeah dunno what marquee is on about :P

marquee
06-12-2011, 08:56 AM
Black with polished lip?

Fredoops
06-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Black with polished lip?

I think they are bronze. Mings just got shitty lighting when pics were taken.

longers
06-12-2011, 10:11 AM
size?

Fredoops
06-12-2011, 10:25 AM
Id say 17x7 or x7.5

marquee
06-12-2011, 12:01 PM
Do you have suspension yet ming.

ajphillips92
06-12-2011, 12:26 PM
my car is silver as well

MingZai
06-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Size is 17 x 7.5 33 offset ;)

Screw 18s cause im going for performance!!!

Suspension coming bit later but the brand is a.secret :)

y.vtech
06-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Are they the mock ups or the originals?

Fredoops
06-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Size is 17 x 7.5 33 offset ;)

Screw 18s cause im going for performance!!!

Suspension coming bit later but the brand is a.secret :)

Fof coilovers type 2 I bet

marquee
06-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Fof coilovers type 2 I bet

I would of got these but wanted a warranty

Fredoops
06-12-2011, 04:22 PM
I would of got these but wanted a warranty

JDM yard sells them now

ryaan
06-12-2011, 04:31 PM
Not forCL9s tho..

marquee
06-12-2011, 04:44 PM
As marcus from heel toe was saying on tsx club. F&f version are not the same as what f&f sells its codesigned with heeltoe so i assume they wouldnt be the same

MingZai
06-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Hahaha Fof coilovers type 2 ? never even heard of them :p someone better link me ~

But nah my new build / scheme shall all be revealed in Jan :D

marquee
06-12-2011, 07:01 PM
So your gonna buy parts when they arrive take pictures then not tell people build specs.

I would suggest asking people for help makes for a much better build imo.

For example auto is not the way to go performance and 7.5 are not track wheels.

Still excited to see though

MingZai
06-12-2011, 07:53 PM
So your gonna buy parts when they arrive take pictures then not tell people build specs.

I would suggest asking people for help makes for a much better build imo.

For example auto is not the way to go performance and 7.5 are not track wheels.

Still excited to see though

Well the parts haven't arrived yet that's why I am not telling anyone my build specs cause it's just a little suprise!!

I've already purchased the parts thus taking down suggestions and advice is a bit too late... though I don't think I've made any bad decisions haha (hopefully not)

Yeah I know but like I've explained in the past I'm stuck with auto for now and I have to stick to auto for the time being thus majority of my mods are boltons which I can easily transfer to another car in the future.
I meant that these wheels will be used for both street and track purposes and not only dedicated for track (not that rich :p)

If you want I can tell you the build I'm going for if you want but thought it would be better once I have everything on my hands!!!

Symphorced
06-12-2011, 08:15 PM
17x7.5 +33? Volk never made TE37s in those specs. Are you sure they're not +30?

marquee
06-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Must pm me now i wont put it on wiki leaks lol

MingZai
06-12-2011, 08:51 PM
let me double check....

Actually I don't know what offset they are... how am I going to measure LOL stickers are covered in breakdust atm...

I think they probably +30...

Hahaha marquee u funny fella :D

EDIT: Just measured!! It is 30!

marquee
06-12-2011, 11:07 PM
still waiting :P

MingZai
06-12-2011, 11:57 PM
Well first item that is getting shipped soon is the J's Racing Titanium Exhaust (Single Outlet) weighing only ~5.4 KGs :)

wuism
07-12-2011, 12:22 AM
60rs or 70rr?

MingZai
07-12-2011, 12:35 AM
60RS sadly...

MingZai
12-12-2011, 08:13 PM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/386184_10150618954374377_581584376_11952155_491637 595_n.jpg

So finally got my Rims fitted with new tyres.

17 x 7.5 + 30 TE37 with 225/45/17 Michelin Super Sport Tyres !

Phorist
12-12-2011, 08:28 PM
noice!

longers
12-12-2011, 09:07 PM
needs more lows, glad you went with 225 and not the 205 you were thinking about

MingZai
12-12-2011, 09:17 PM
noice!

needs more lows, glad you went with 225 and not the 205 you were thinking about

Yeah defs getting coilovers soon :)

Yeah why is that? Speedo and load limit was my reason :p

longers
12-12-2011, 09:23 PM
just looks better lol

marquee
12-12-2011, 09:59 PM
speedo isnt affected by width only diameter

Symphorced
12-12-2011, 10:00 PM
Epic wheel gap. You'll regret not getting wider wheels once you lower it.

Fredoops
13-12-2011, 08:50 AM
Lol paint the rims bronze

Atjo
13-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Should have gone lower offset to get the concave look since it's only 7.5" wide.

marquee
13-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Cant get the concave on that size its even hard on 9" have to get like +12 or something

Fredoops
13-12-2011, 02:02 PM
Not.everyones.after.looks.

Not everyone treat their car like a shiny penis extension.

Just sayin.

TRaNz
13-12-2011, 02:11 PM
concave sesh with TE37, 9" +22. =D
All you need now is some lows my friend.

MingZai
13-12-2011, 04:53 PM
speedo isnt affected by width only diameter
I thought everything affects it.. because it changes load rating... which then affects your speedo.

Epic wheel gap. You'll regret not getting wider wheels once you lower it.
Haha yeah the gap is horrendous

Lol paint the rims bronze
haha the black actually looks quite nice... looks dif on the picture due to lighting... waiting for my dslr!

Should have gone lower offset to get the concave look since it's only 7.5" wide.
No way man my fronts are already sticking out... +22 is way out... I'm going for function over form atm and 30 is just right after some neg camber.

concave sesh with TE37, 9" +22. =D
All you need now is some lows my friend.

dw jason I'll be joining you soon :p

form > function right??

shopping centers > your car LOLOLOL

marquee
13-12-2011, 04:55 PM
What camber kits are you getting.

MingZai
13-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Probs J's Racing...

marquee
13-12-2011, 05:23 PM
And you were saying i was rich lol

MingZai
13-12-2011, 05:27 PM
LOL it's only cause I'm going J's racing / JDM build atm...

BTW Got the Skunk 2 installed :)

richard_k
13-12-2011, 05:44 PM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/386184_10150618954374377_581584376_11952155_491637 595_n.jpg

So finally got my Rims fitted with new tyres.

17 x 7.5 + 30 TE37 with 225/45/17 Michelin Super Sport Tyres !

nice 4WD :P

longers
13-12-2011, 07:00 PM
LOL it's only cause I'm going J's racing / JDM build atm...

BTW Got the Skunk 2 installed :)

skunk2's very j's racing/jdm :P

MingZai
13-12-2011, 07:40 PM
nice 4WD :P

LOLOLOLOLOLOL that's what I said to the tyre fitment guys hahahah

"Dayum my car looks like a 4WD :( "

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/379405_10150622161184377_581584376_11960641_161953 7454_n.jpg

Just for you Richard :)

Fredoops
13-12-2011, 08:55 PM
You sure the tyres aren't over-profiled?

marquee
13-12-2011, 09:49 PM
There same as stock they look big because of all the tread

mrgu
13-12-2011, 10:08 PM
need a euro r kit and the car will look amazing

MingZai
13-12-2011, 10:26 PM
You sure the tyres aren't over-profiled?
Nahh checked already!

There same as stock they look big because of all the tread
lololol

need a euro r kit and the car will look amazing
Haha got Luckystar rear no Euro R for me atm :P

Fredoops
13-12-2011, 10:35 PM
Go phase/spoon bodykit. Hot as all hell

jzx_andy
14-12-2011, 03:03 AM
moar lows + spoiler removal plz! make sure you get a rear camber kit otherwise ur rear fitment will look fail spec after lowering (and ur tyres will get worn out unevenly)!

could have gone with more aggressive specs but i guess some people value function more :) glad you chose these volks over some tempe-spec rims!

keep up the good work

marquee
14-12-2011, 06:25 AM

So frickin expensive though.

Fredoops
14-12-2011, 12:03 PM
So frickin expensive though.

Since its out of production, I don't see any issues in getting a replica

marquee
14-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Im probably just going to buy a carbon lip

MingZai
14-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Haha still prefer the Mugen or J's Racing :)

moar lows + spoiler removal plz! make sure you get a rear camber kit otherwise ur rear fitment will look fail spec after lowering (and ur tyres will get worn out unevenly)!

could have gone with more aggressive specs but i guess some people value function more :) glad you chose these volks over some tempe-spec rims!

keep up the good work

Getting it lowered soon.... and nah I like my stock spoiler :)
Rear camber is going to be last and why would it look fail spec after lowering? Rear already has -1 - -2 neg camber already only front has nothing.
Yup that's me purely going for function atm...

Since its out of production, I don't see any issues in getting a replica

Sorry bud, I refuse to rocking it in replica stuff... only genuine stuff in my car :P

though can't say the same for the luckystar rear which is why I haven't put it on...

Might excuse myself if I spend $800 to make it into a better moulding and good respray...

Symphorced
14-12-2011, 02:29 PM
lulz. When you lower it you'll get MORE negative camber. You'll need a camber kit to correct that in order to make it more "functional".

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

marquee
14-12-2011, 02:36 PM
To expand when i lowered mine i had -4.8 lol

MingZai
14-12-2011, 03:25 PM
lulz. When you lower it you'll get MORE negative camber. You'll need a camber kit to correct that in order to make it more "functional".

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

To expand when i lowered mine i had -4.8 lol

OHHHH HAHAHA cheers guys :)

love the info as you can see I know nothing about camber / wheel fitments

marquee
14-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Just rear will be fine front doesnt go out of whack

MingZai
14-12-2011, 11:44 PM
Nah I need some neg camber in the fromt so it doesnt pop out!!

Fredoops
15-12-2011, 07:16 AM
Nah I need some neg camber in the fromt so it doesnt pop out!!
Wait... What? How low are you dropping that thing??

MingZai
15-12-2011, 10:29 PM
not that low but atm my fronts can get defected from popping out of the guards...

marquee
15-12-2011, 10:55 PM
They can also defect you for your seats snd thats a major defect. Id prefer a minor with my wheels popping out

MingZai
15-12-2011, 11:42 PM
the chance of them defecting my seats are like.. 1%....

marquee
16-12-2011, 12:45 AM
Just depends on the cop exactly like wheels all luck of the draw. Its not like we drive hoon machines

Fredoops
16-12-2011, 07:51 AM
You going for j's cl7 spec??

http://www.performancepartnersintl.com/Js%20Racing-b/images/accordCL7.jpg

MingZai
16-12-2011, 10:31 AM
Yeah sort of but not completely cause my header won't be jdm for now as I had to modify subframe for it.
More JDM build :)

marquee
16-12-2011, 11:34 AM
I love that car.

MingZai
16-12-2011, 12:34 PM
marquee wanna come cruising this sunday?

marquee
16-12-2011, 01:24 PM
I got shitty xmas shopping lol

MingZai
07-02-2012, 09:37 AM
fml wasnt allowed to take the Js racing bumper on the plane...

d_evilz
07-02-2012, 10:23 AM

lollllll bad luck mate

Kay_lee
07-02-2012, 12:42 PM

Faah badluck mate, so what did you do with it? are you gonna get it shipped ?

MingZai
07-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Got quoted by cargo plane amount of 1.5grand ... f*** my packaging was only 5 inches over the overall allowed diameter which was 115 inches.
Luckily my titanium exhaust and intake got on otherwise ill be spewing even more...

Kay_lee
07-02-2012, 07:07 PM
ah icic, which country did you go to? how much did you pick up the exhaust and intake for?

Rein
10-02-2012, 07:17 PM
damn how did i miss this thread... cant wait till your Js front bumper arrives.

MingZai
11-02-2012, 06:12 PM
haha Rein I can't wait till we get to photoshoot together :P

boleh
13-02-2012, 07:42 AM

gosh...

MingZai
13-02-2012, 12:08 PM
is that a good gosh or bad gosh LOL

Fredoops
13-02-2012, 12:18 PM
is that a good gosh or bad gosh LOL

you getting Coilovers? or springs?

PS: have you chipped your 323 to get 325 output?

MingZai
13-02-2012, 06:36 PM
LOL coilovers... coilovers :)

just haven't had the money and time to look into it...

Was considering Marque's coilovers but I'm looking for JDM ones.

marquee
13-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Mine have gone to new home.

MingZai
13-02-2012, 07:54 PM
So finally had the time to dig some photos from my phone :)

Teaser shot of the J's Racing Single Titanium Exhaust for now :P
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/423053_10150791238154377_581584376_12621296_190729 2718_n.jpg

My J's Racing Bumper that's currently being shipped over!
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/424258_10150791238929377_581584376_12621299_111869 8306_n.jpg

And finally my J's Racing Carbon Fibre Intake :D
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/430165_10150752881094377_581584376_12514898_803282 921_n.jpg

J's Racing Radiator Cap
http://www.jdmconcept.com.au/jdm-image/pro_aba2133909a359acaa4912585089f1a0_1.png

J's Racing Oil Cap
http://www.jdmconcept.com.au/jdm-image/pro_a66b3fd56ce3a79f0f6001553f5cc678_1.png

And that's it for now...

Coilovers should be next...

jzx_andy
14-02-2012, 01:03 AM
that bumper is AMAZING

MingZai
15-02-2012, 06:12 PM
btw I installed the exhaust today :) took me 4 hours LOLOLOL

marquee
15-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Probably should be bragging about that lol. How does it sound

Rein
15-02-2012, 08:34 PM
man.. you gotta take a vidoe of those exhaust. we want to hear it

Kay_lee
15-02-2012, 09:05 PM
That is a sexy bumper...

MingZai
16-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Probably should be bragging about that lol. How does it sound
Whoever said the J's Racing was louder then the Skunk 2 you are very very wrong LOL.
Why should I be bragging about it :p, such a slow install time... sort of like when I took 3 hours to install my Injen CAI.

man.. you gotta take a vidoe of those exhaust. we want to hear it
Will do :) I shall try to make one asap since I just bought a new DSLR.

That is a sexy bumper...
why thankyou :)

marquee
16-02-2012, 11:43 AM
I meant to say shouldn't... But least you diy

Symphorced
16-02-2012, 12:00 PM
Still cant believe your switching from injen and skunk2 just to be 'JDM'.

marquee
16-02-2012, 02:08 PM
What ems will you be getting.

Fredoops
16-02-2012, 10:59 PM
Whoever said the J's Racing was louder then the Skunk 2 you are very very wrong LOL.
Why should I be bragging about it :p,

Quiet ay? Just what header cat are you currently running with the catback?

MingZai
17-02-2012, 01:25 PM
I meant to say shouldn't... But least you diy
haha never was :P but yeah least I DIY which I'm happy I did :D

Still cant believe your switching from injen and skunk2 just to be 'JDM'.

Well that's where my build is going and + I get more gains from the 'JDM' products...
Injen is a good intake but it's tubing is quite long and there's always the really really minor possibility of hydrolocking (which will never happen in Australia if you know what your doing :P)
My J's Racing Exhaust weighs ~5KG and is a single exhaust. So I'm getting a lot more than just to be 'JDM' as I'm building a performance build / JDM build.

What ems will you be getting.

Probably Flash Pro once I have the funds...

Quiet ay? Just what header cat are you currently running with the catback?

It's not that quiet but much much more quiet compared to the Skunk 2.

Let's just say I won't be setting anymore car alarms off anymore haha!

Same setup as previous...
Weapon R + Hi Flow CAT

marquee
17-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Im not saying its not a good build or not but a manual car would with an injen skunk2 would quicker then yours.

MingZai
18-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Im not saying its not a good build or not but a manual car would with an injen skunk2 would quicker then yours.

Don't know if I'm reading right but I'm guessing your saying what I had previously was a better setup in comparison to now?
If so that doesn't even make any sense for a few reasons.
1. My car is lighter by approx 15 kgs.
2. Its a single exhaust.
3. Intake is essentially a CAI with a shorter tube thus faster response.

Fredoops
18-02-2012, 01:27 PM
Hmmm... Arent J's carbon fibre parts made in China?

DEIFIC
18-02-2012, 01:35 PM

You speak the truth.

marquee
18-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Don't know if I'm reading right but I'm guessing your saying what I had previously was a better setup in comparison to now?
If so that doesn't even make any sense for a few reasons.
1. My car is lighter by approx 15 kgs.
2. Its a single exhaust.
3. Intake is essentially a CAI with a shorter tube thus faster response.

No im saying you need a good base ie manual

Fredoops
18-02-2012, 01:52 PM
There's plenty of supercharged auto TSx's out there.

Each to their own.

Ming would have the only auto J's build in the world.

Symphorced
18-02-2012, 02:00 PM

Something to be proud of.

Mingzai, you still thinking about doing your manual conversion? As you're talking about weight reduction, more power gains ect. I would've thought that you would have spent the money on the manual conversion first.

Fredoops
18-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Lol..... You lot remind me of a thread on GTi forums....
Except the op got ridiculued for having a manual over the DSG.

marquee
18-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Lol but the similarity between the manual and dsg is debatable its a big difference in our cars

MingZai
18-02-2012, 10:25 PM
You speak the truth.
His post didn't even make sense =.=

No im saying you need a good base ie manual
I already know that man...

There's plenty of supercharged auto TSx's out there.

Each to their own.

:)

Something to be proud of.

Mingzai, you still thinking about doing your manual conversion? As you're talking about weight reduction, more power gains ect. I would've thought that you would have spent the money on the manual conversion first.

Lol..... You lot remind me of a thread on GTi forums....
Except the op got ridiculued for having a manual over the DSG.
lololol

Lol but the similarity between the manual and dsg is debatable its a big difference in our cars

So I think a lot of you forgot what I've said in the past.

This particular CL9 is going to stay Automatic until a years time or so until I switch to a new base.
As you can see all my mods are mainly bolt ons or things that can be easily transferable between 1 car and another where future time I might get a second CL9 (Manual).
This car being owned since first hand is going to be left my little sister,
this is also her "Learners Car" when I'm not driving it. She can only drive Automatic thus why
I didn't swap my car for an Evo 7 or what not a year ago when I was offered one as I had to keep this for her.
So guys hope that solves the thought on why this guy isn't getting a manual car / conversion (initially I was going to until my little sister got her learners which changed plans).

So yeah :)

I will continue modding this "daily automatic car" and building this car with more things to come such as camber kits, coilovers, strut bars ect.
I will not buy a DC5R as I love the CL9 (Sorta like Rein :D) and will be tracking it on Labor Day at Winton :)

Next thing I shall be doing is sourcing either Feels Side Skirts + Rear Lip or a genuine Luckystar Rear Bumper....

Cheers Guys and thanks for the support ^_^

longers
19-02-2012, 12:15 AM
saw your car at jdmst. it needs more rim!

MingZai
19-02-2012, 03:45 PM
haha did you? Shouldve come said hi :P haha width wise or diameter?
It needs more low :D

And yes... #u@* fake sh*t :D

Fredoops
19-02-2012, 05:13 PM
^^^

Skunk2 *cough*

longers
19-02-2012, 05:33 PM
diameter. and that exhaust is loud!

MingZai
19-02-2012, 05:45 PM
^^^

Skunk2 *cough*
Yes?
Do you want to buy my exhaust ^_^?

diameter. and that exhaust is loud!
Haha but I reckon 17 is best for track :D
LOL never as loud as my Skunk 2...

longers
19-02-2012, 05:56 PM
actually i meant width hahah

Fredoops
19-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Yes?
Do you want to buy my exhaust ^_^?

Hell Naw
not rocking junk2 in my car.

Jsut saying, Skunk2 started out by making fake shit lol

MingZai
19-02-2012, 06:58 PM
LOL I read that massive rant as well but apparently the didn't :P

Junk2 is crap as a company and their camber kits, springs ect.

But exhaust wise I reckon for S2K, Euros and what not are really good.

ChaosMaster
06-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Damn man, your cars everything I want my car to be, but can't afford. Lolz. Can't wait to see it at the next meet up, whenever that is.

MingZai
07-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Damn man, your cars everything I want my car to be, but can't afford. Lolz. Can't wait to see it at the next meet up, whenever that is.

Thanks Buddy :)

Just some images of the new gear in action!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7042/6960994679_5a7f1c2a95_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7045/6814879786_304bd22e71_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7179/6814890960_f9153da6d8_b.jpg

ergot
07-03-2012, 04:28 PM
nice build mingzai! you should get the j's racing header too! im using one and lovin it

Fredoops
07-03-2012, 04:32 PM
No strut bar?

@ergot

Lol Ming said he can't be bothered modding the subframe

MingZai
07-03-2012, 04:45 PM
LOL nope :( not yet

J's Racing Strut bar soon along with coilovers....

Yeah can't be bothered modding the subframe... But I would love to complete the J's Racing Set :(

ergot
07-03-2012, 08:04 PM
to be honest with you i cant really see what the exhaust shop did to my car to fit the wrapped j's racing header. its either i got a cl7 body in a cl9 (lol) or the exhaust shop did a fabolous job. even my mechanic said i dont think they did anything with it. very powerful low-mid torque paired with 100 cel.

anyway looking forward to this build especially the j's rear diffuser are u gonna install them? ^_^

longers
07-03-2012, 09:19 PM
exhaust looks like it sticks out a fair bit, any side on shots?

Fredoops
07-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Wait wait, you're getting J's coilovers?! You mean the Crux SPL?!?!? That ****ing $5 grand

ChaosMaster
08-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Hmmm, that intake. Is that just a cover over the standard box? Wouldn't mind grabbing that for my car.

Fredoops
08-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Hmmm, that intake. Is that just a cover over the standard box? Wouldn't mind grabbing that for my car.

thats an intake

and thats $3000 dollars or something.

MingZai
08-03-2012, 03:55 PM
to be honest with you i cant really see what the exhaust shop did to my car to fit the wrapped j's racing header. its either i got a cl7 body in a cl9 (lol) or the exhaust shop did a fabolous job. even my mechanic said i dont think they did anything with it. very powerful low-mid torque paired with 100 cel.

anyway looking forward to this build especially the j's rear diffuser are u gonna install them? ^_^

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?107235-My-Euro-Build-Thread&p=2123821&viewfull=1#post2123821

That's what they have to do... and that is also precisely why I don't want to modify the subframe.

exhaust looks like it sticks out a fair bit, any side on shots?

I'll get onto that photo for you sometime this week :D

Wait wait, you're getting J's coilovers?! You mean the Crux SPL?!?!? That ****ing $5 grand

Nah probably only J's Racing Strut... as for coilovers might go BC (due to funds atm)...

It's a complete different design to the stock intake... It shortens the tubing A LOT!

thats an intake

and thats $3000 dollars or something.

Haha it's $1000 USD + Shipping...

ergot
08-03-2012, 03:58 PM
yea i know what they did. but you barely can even see it. i suggest you down with that road totally worth it!

MingZai
08-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Illegal though... as in it's going to be hard to sell the car in the future ect ect...

Pretty much I can't be bothered haha :(

Tracking at Winton on Labor Day!

ChaosMaster
11-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Any improvement seen going from Injen CAI/SRI (I think you had it in SRI form) compared to J's Racing?

MingZai
11-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Nah I had it in CAI :)

Certainly an improvement going to the J's Racing due to the tubing being shorter and having the carbon fibre shield protecting it from heat stroke... Best of both worlds....
But value for money... certainly the Injen.

PREPARATION FOR WINTON
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7202/6971998785_421a0dce26_b.jpg :)
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7040/6971998803_2c25fced35_b.jpgCan anyone see my home made Go Pro :p Rear seats removed and harness installed
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7183/6971998813_08b60780be_b.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7052/6971998823_8ea27d47d2_b.jpg 17x7.5 +30 TE37's with Pilot Super Sports! with Project MU HC+ Brake Pads...
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7203/6971998795_eba5a08012_b.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7179/6971998797_32342e6b7c_b.jpg

mrgu
11-03-2012, 10:58 PM
I have to say your car looks hot and I have read ur previous pages about keeping it to your sister and buying another manual euro. I total agree with you because I have two auto honda. That has not stopped me from modifying my car. It's about passionate, not transmission. have you considered smoking your tail light?I love recaros with racing harness. Good job mate! can't wait for the J's front bumper

ChaosMaster
12-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Nice work. Those rims make the wheels look tiny though. Or is it just the photo angle?

Fredoops
12-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Nice work. Those rims make the wheels look tiny though. Or is it just the photo angle?
Black on black. thats why.

Nah probably only J's Racing Strut... as for coilovers might go BC (due to funds atm)...
BC as in Buddyclub or BC? either way they're owned by Taiwanese now... Tein's probably more JDM these days lol

How did it turn out going tracking with stock sussy?

Rein
12-03-2012, 08:01 PM
nice parts man... cant wait to see it dropped on a new lip and bumper

jzx_andy
12-03-2012, 11:55 PM
seats are dope!

longers
14-03-2012, 11:42 AM
pretty sure just drove past you on CP2A

MingZai
14-03-2012, 11:45 AM
YES WAS THAT YOU??? LOW RIDING ACCORDD FREAKING LOVE IT <3

UPDATE:
Good News, Guys I got 1:52.007 at Winton :D not bad for first time at Winton and really happy with the time.
But bad news my front end of the car is damaged due to a minor accident on the track...
So yeah :(

longers
14-03-2012, 04:27 PM
yeah i was looking at your front bar, didn't know it was you until i saw you in the side mirror with the seeker sticker lol

MingZai
14-03-2012, 04:41 PM
Yeah I'm so sad Longers :( my poor baby hit a Lancer on the track...