PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] Hondata Update

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

EUR003act
30-09-2007, 11:00 PM
hmmmm maybe I should give the SRI a go... I've only had the intake for 2 days and I'm already avoiding rainy days! lol I'm too paranoid now about getting water in there :(

have u noticed that when u get high up in the RPM range and specially above 6K u can almost hear the air being sucked in almost like a slight whistle ? I'm worried I may have a leak somewhere....
I still cant get over the sounds difference but... its outta this world. I cant eblive ppl complain it too loud ! I turn off my music now while I'm driving so I can hear the growl !

lol i love it too!
nah 6k is when vtec kicks in, loud sucking noise is good, means intake is working :) maybe pop the hood and get friend to rev engine a little if your worried about leaks, that way ull be able to hear if sucking is coming from pod or pipes...

i only had mine SRI because i installed it during winter so wasnt worried about engine bay temps... with summer coming soon i already changed it to CAI... if your using the k&n watersock ull be fine... ive driven mine in some instense rain before and afterwards checked the filter - dry as dry...

stephen8512
01-10-2007, 12:45 AM
i got 130.9kw atws with k&n SRI, removed centre muffler, custom earthing kit...

can u put up a dyno sheet?

aaronng
01-10-2007, 12:56 AM
Each dyno reads differently. ;)

stephen8512
01-10-2007, 01:12 AM
true true, but still i'd like to see the sheets....

sodaz
01-10-2007, 01:39 AM
can u put up a dyno sheet?

130.9kw is reading a bit high i think if it's done on Dyno Dynamics. Was it done in shootout mode?

If I remember correctly, Chris F's Euro with the Gruppe M Intake, Maximworks header and J's racing Exhaust was only at the 124kw mark and those are some of the best parts you can get for the Euro.

From what i've seen, a stock manual Euro makes around 105kw on that dyno.

stephen8512
01-10-2007, 01:55 AM
130.9kw is reading a bit high i think if it's done on Dyno Dynamics. Was it done in shootout mode?

If I remember correctly, Chris F's Euro with the Gruppe M Intake, Maximworks header and J's racing Exhaust was only at the 124kw mark and those are some of the best parts you can get for the Euro.

From what i've seen, a stock manual Euro makes around 105kw on that dyno.

thats EXACTLY what i was thinking....
pretty hard to believe those figures are true if its only a SRI and removed cat....

BiLL|z0r
01-10-2007, 06:34 AM
thats EXACTLY what i was thinking....
pretty hard to believe those figures are true if its only a SRI and removed cat....

Removed centre muffler, not cat, that would be uber illegal. I was thinking the same thing though, maybe it was a hub dyno on a super cold day.

EUR003act
01-10-2007, 09:17 AM
yeah is was done in shootout mode... and yes i know its not comparable to all other dynos, im justtrying to show the guy who bought that k&n CAI that he's not loosing power...
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7038&d=1191194225

BiLL|z0r
01-10-2007, 09:47 AM
Nice, is there much sound/power difference without the centre muffler?

sodaz
01-10-2007, 01:33 PM
yeah is was done in shootout mode... and yes i know its not comparable to all other dynos, im justtrying to show the guy who bought that k&n CAI that he's not loosing power...

Thanks for posting the graph. That dyno is reading way too high for some reason. Maybe it wasn't calibrated properly, I'm not really sure.

In SRI mode there is less loss of power/torque down low due to the pipe being shorter but you will definitely be losing power after driving for a while due to the intake breathing in hot air from the engine bay. The solution around that would be install a heatshield around the pod. There's 3 solutions for that from what I've seen:

1. Gruppe M Intake with CF heatshield
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41743&highlight=gruppem+intake+euro
2. J's racing Intake with heatshield and bumper ducting (similar to Mugen)
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62499
3. Aaron's ghetto style heatshield
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53595

In full CAI mode, whether it is the K&N or Injen system, due to the length of the tube (even with the new tuned system) you will lose some power and torque in the low end but gain on the top end.

BusterSonic12
01-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Thanks for posting the graph. That dyno is reading way too high for some reason. Maybe it wasn't calibrated properly, I'm not really sure.

In SRI mode there is less loss of power/torque down low due to the pipe being shorter but you will definitely be losing power after driving for a while due to the intake breathing in hot air from the engine bay. The solution around that would be install a heatshield around the pod. There's 3 solutions for that from what I've seen:

1. Gruppe M Intake with CF heatshield
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41743&highlight=gruppem+intake+euro
2. J's racing Intake with heatshield and bumper ducting (similar to Mugen)
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62499
3. Aaron's ghetto style heatshield
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53595

In full CAI mode, whether it is the K&N or Injen system, due to the length of the tube (even with the new tuned system) you will lose some power and torque in the low end but gain on the top end.

another one is the comptech just without the CF bit but hey, more affordable :thumbsup:

130kw... quite unbelievable, any other cars that day u did? what were their result?

E-Gene
01-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Yup, the best gauge will be to see what other cars did that day.

aaronng
01-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Your A/F ratios are very good. Do you have ECU tuning there? It's very impressive for the stock ECU to stay between 11.8 to 12.5:1 at VTEC. To compare, mine was between 10.7 to 10.9:1 in VTEC, which is very rich and robs the engine of some power.

EUR003act
01-10-2007, 07:48 PM
Your A/F ratios are very good. Do you have ECU tuning there? It's very impressive for the stock ECU to stay between 11.8 to 12.5:1 at VTEC. To compare, mine was between 10.7 to 10.9:1 in VTEC, which is very rich and robs the engine of some power.

nah never tuned... id done a 600km drive on 98ron with octane booster the day before... and it was cold... other cars their all got similar to what they had got on previous runs.... so i dont think the dyno was out...

i only had SRI on at that stage because it was winter in canberra (no worries for engine temp! i now have full CAI installed with summer coming along... if i get my headers and UR pulleys before the next dyno do ill be there...

in regards to sound difference without centre muffler - i removed both the big ass hotdog and centre muffler (had custom straight through piping made up). but high freg hyundai style sound was happening... so got high flow resonator put in... sounds pretty much stock now (except at WOT) ask Suntzu, he's heard and seen it...

BusterSonic12
01-10-2007, 08:46 PM
what's octane booster?

EUR003act
01-10-2007, 08:50 PM
what's octane booster?

its a fual additive... you basically pour a litre of the stuff into a full tank, it increases your ron level from say 98 to more around the 104 mark...

yfin
01-10-2007, 09:31 PM
its a fual additive... you basically pour a litre of the stuff into a full tank, it increases your ron level from say 98 to more around the 104 mark...

Those boosters work best with standard unleaded. If you use 98 ron you will not get 6 points - tests show them closer to 99 or 100 ron with 98.

r-r-redEuro
01-10-2007, 09:32 PM
whats the centre muffler? explain to me ?

EUR003act
01-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Euro has 4 mufflers stock...

two in the centre, then the piping splits and goes to the two rear ones... creates alot of back preassure, but makes it quiet as all hell... so i took out the centre two, allowig the gases to flow alot smoother...

and yeah yfin prob was around 100, i have no idea, i was just taking rough guess

BusterSonic12
02-10-2007, 12:03 AM
Those boosters work best with standard unleaded. If you use 98 ron you will not get 6 points - tests show them closer to 99 or 100 ron with 98.

u serious!! where can i get these? any harm?

akina
02-10-2007, 12:05 AM
How much are they and is it good for the long term use? or is it more for when racing i.e. track.

EuroAccord13
02-10-2007, 04:19 AM
Please to not stray Off Topic...

This thread is about Hondata and not the exhaust system, if you wish to further discuss this, please start a new thread....

tron07
02-10-2007, 05:53 PM
u serious!! where can i get these? any harm?

They will harm your pocket anad you will not see much improvement.

Suntzu
02-10-2007, 06:05 PM
I'm thinking of ordering the mild flash and the Jtune CAI. I think I will do it. I will seehow my companies go this week sales wise and make my decision.

Ill be up for about $1300. Thats not bad for 15kw and 20nm at the wheels.

tony1234
02-10-2007, 06:39 PM
I'm thinking of ordering the mild flash and the Jtune CAI. I think I will do it. I will seehow my companies go this week sales wise and make my decision.

That's what i'm doing.There's no point in ordering the mild flash and the CAI before Oct.14th. as there's no group buy on that and all the other stuff,only the extreme package.

sodaz
02-10-2007, 07:00 PM

Keep in mind that those figures are from a hub dyno so they read a fair bit higher than roller dynos.

Suntzu
02-10-2007, 09:23 PM
Im basing it on the reference stock flash on the same dyno so comparative differences should be the same.

Tony, there is a Pre-order price on the mild flash see http://www.jtune.com.au/order.php so it needs to be ordered before Oct 15.

sodaz
03-10-2007, 07:40 AM
Im basing it on the reference stock flash on the same dyno so comparative differences should be the same.

Tony, there is a Pre-order price on the mild flash see http://www.jtune.com.au/order.php so it needs to be ordered before Oct 15.

If the dyno figures in general are reading higher then so will the increase figures. I can't wait when people actually get it and put it on different dynos for comparison.

Pumped
03-10-2007, 09:10 AM
I was originally looking at the extreme package but i think now ill order just the mild flash and see how it goes with my current setup.

therefore long term i dont need to touch the computer to put my standard equipment back on if i chose to change cars.

Can't see myself keeping the euro long enough to get satisfaction out of the additional $3500 cost out of the package at this stage

More interested in the lowering of the vtec point

Lukey13
04-10-2007, 08:15 PM
I'm quite interested in getting the mild flash for my '07 Euro given that I salary package a new car every few years and it's far more tax effective for me to just spend more tax-free dollars on a higher-spec vehicle (rather than spending >$4K fully taxed on Extreme package).

However, the dyno results on the Jtune site do not look very inspiring for the mild tune. In fact, it appears that the addition of the Jtune CAI (which surely couldn't have much more gain than any other available on the market currently) makes just as much difference as the reflash.

And judging from the overall effect of a CAI on performance, the mild flash seems a bit too "mild" perhaps. I wonder whether the previous idea of having an intermediate flash was better.

Either:
A. The mild flash has been made "too mild" in order to encourage sales of the Extreme package which is without doubt the money maker for Jtune.
or
B. The website dynos have been manipulated (as any dyno can be - and don't forget the stock Euro on the site comes up with over 120kw at the hubs!) in order to make the IHE package look far more attractive than the mild flash.

I'm hoping (especially when I most likely order the mild reflash) that option B is correct, and that the mild flash and drop in Vtec to 5K makes a fair bit of difference to driveability.

My other thoughts on the Jtune stuff are:

1. The lack of sound clips of the exhaust system are concerning as even a poorly recorded clip will provide some comparison of stock to modified.

2. The Extreme package does sound fantastic. With Vtec being at 3 and a bit K RPM, the thought of being able to launch in Vtec and never getting out of it is pretty exciting. I have no doubt that fuel economy would be shocking, but I'm sure people spending $4K on mods won't care less.

sodaz
04-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Here's my speculative take on the dyno figures:

Fact: We know that a stock Euro makes 140kw at the crank.

The hub dyno (Dynapack) reads 125kw atw and a roller dyno like Dyno Dynamics reads around 105kw. The hub dyno reads around 19% higher in this instance.

Since the extreme package makes 158.3kw on the hub dyno, my guess is it'll make around 135kw on a roller dyno. Without ECU flashing, it'll be making around 125kw (148kw on the hub dyno) - which is pretty much the same as installing good aftermarket I/H/E parts.

As for the mild reflash + intake package, it should be making around 112kw atw on a roller dyno (132kw on the hub). The reflash itself will not improve peak power much - probably only around 2-3kw peak (roller) but it will boost power by as much as 8-9kw before VTEC, exactly where the power dip occurs for the stock Euro.

Note: These are just guess figures. :p

BusterSonic12
04-10-2007, 09:10 PM
^ that's how i feel !!!

EUR003act
04-10-2007, 10:34 PM
Here's my speculative take on the dyno figures:

Fact: We know that a stock Euro makes 140kw at the crank.

The hub dyno (Dynapack) reads 125kw atw and a roller dyno like Dyno Dynamics reads around 105kw. The hub dyno reads around 19% higher in this instance.

Since the extreme package makes 158.3kw on the hub dyno, my guess is it'll make around 135kw on a roller dyno. Without ECU flashing, it'll be making around 125kw (148kw on the hub dyno) - which is pretty much the same as installing good aftermarket I/H/E parts.

As for the mild reflash + intake package, it should be making around 112kw atw on a roller dyno (132kw on the hub). The reflash itself will not improve peak power much - probably only around 2-3kw peak (roller) but it will boost power by as much as 8-9kw before VTEC, exactly where the power dip occurs for the stock Euro.

Note: These are just guess figures. :p

135!?!? :eek: im aiming for higher than that! and im not even gonna do jtune extreme package!

Suntzu
04-10-2007, 11:04 PM
Those figures sound about right. But if you look at the torque increase even with Intake and Mild Flash its about 20nm over stock through most of the graph.

That's where the day to day driving improvements come in.

I was expecting 10-15 people on these forums to put their hand up for this , but there been basically no commitment, including myself. Its not surprising given thats theres no real world comments or results from those without vested interests.

Im teetering between doing the pre-order or wait it out and get the flash later, $100 isnt a lot to wait it out.

akina
04-10-2007, 11:49 PM
lol, so true!

People have been waiting for SO LONG even before I joined this forum! And now when it IS OUT, none seems to have the confidence of these products. Everyone is like laying back and hoping someone will be the white mouse to test these products first :s

yfin
05-10-2007, 06:37 AM
dont get hung up on comparing dyno numbers as it is not going to be accurate. It is much more accurate to compare before and after figures on the same dyno.

You don't need to drive the extreme pack to know it is going to be a noticeable improvement. What other n/a Euro has achieved over 160kph at the end of 400m? i cant think of any. Given that the car had traction and wheel hop problems getting off the line it must have been pulling hard once it had traction to achieve 163kph. And that was the heavier luxury model!

Merlin086
05-10-2007, 06:47 AM
lol, so true!

People have been waiting for SO LONG even before I joined this forum! And now when it IS OUT, none seems to have the confidence of these products. Everyone is like laying back and hoping someone will be the white mouse to test these products first :s

Correction, I have committed to being "a white mouse"

"I get my adrenalin rush from risktaking"..........lol

Suntzu
09-10-2007, 04:02 PM
Clocks ticking...what is it? pre-order closing on the 15th??

Final rollcall..whos in?

ENVSSS
09-10-2007, 04:35 PM
I'm in, extreme package...why not :D

tony1234
09-10-2007, 04:48 PM

You're right.i mustn't have been reading it properly.:o

Merlin086
09-10-2007, 07:01 PM
You're right.i mustn't have been reading it properly.:o

I'm confused too..............:confused:

This page says the 12th.....?

http://www.jtune.com.au/order.html

tony1234
09-10-2007, 08:00 PM
I'm confused too..............:confused:

This page says the 12th.....?

http://www.jtune.com.au/order.html
Just checked,it IS the 12th.For some reason i thought it was the 14th.!!!I think i'll sit this one out and wait and see.I'm not having my credit card being charged now and then having to wait up to 10 weeks for the gear to arrive.what about the reflash,the ECU has got to be taken out of your car,sent to Melb.reflashed,sent back,installed and dynoed.Nah,it all sounds too hard for me.Maybe those of us in Sydney if we get some numbers then possibly James will come up here and reflash us all in 1 day?

Pumped
10-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Im In,
Not actually sure whether to decide on just the Mild Flash or replace all my current gear and go for the Extreme Package!
Would love more information regarding the Mild Flash, doesnt seem to be alot available for it!

Is the vtec changeover point for the Mild flash the same as the Extreme Package?

Would love to see more results on using the Mild flash with different brand I/H/E

Is the information available for the TSX Hondata reflash able to be used as an idea of how the mild flash will be?

BiLL|z0r
10-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Im In,
Is the vtec changeover point for the Mild flash the same as the Extreme Package?

VTEC cross over for mild is 5000rpm

Cranial
10-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Does anyone know whether any of the J-Tune reflashes will reduce the lagginess of the DBW?

Pumped
10-10-2007, 02:56 PM
From what ive read they do help smooth out the DBW issues but not so much because of the tune but because of the gain in torque the tune offers.

Suntzu
10-10-2007, 02:58 PM
Im going to order the mild reflash tonight. I wonder how long after the 12th it will take to get it done given i dont actually have to wait for any parts to be made...

Pumped
10-10-2007, 04:35 PM
I believe theres still an expected 6-10 weeks wait :(

i ordered the Extreme package, Hope its as good as its sounding :p

Zdster
10-10-2007, 04:43 PM
I believe theres still an expected 6-10 weeks wait :(

Wait, I am confused. Is this another one of those "it will be here in 6-10 weeks" and then that deadline rolls by and then "it will be here next month" things or has anything actually been confirmed?

Merlin086
10-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Wait, I am confused. Is this another one of those "it will be here in 6-10 weeks" and then that deadline rolls by and then "it will be here next month" things or has anything actually been confirmed?

If it rolls by after money is paid they better be ready for a class action law suit from members here!

I think (hope) they mean it this time.....:eek:

tony1234
10-10-2007, 05:55 PM
If it rolls by after money is paid they better be ready for a class action law suit from members here!

Does anyone know if they're going to charge your credit card when you place your order or when the items are shipped.

yfin
10-10-2007, 06:10 PM

Have they committed to delivery dates after purchase? Unless they have the stock now it would be hard for them to give a concrete date. There can always be delays with ships, customs, etc. Not sure what anyone can do about that - it is a risk with ordering anything - unless it is in stock you may have to wait. That is one reason why the pre-order gets a discount.

Merlin086
10-10-2007, 06:26 PM

From what I have been told the 6 weeks is the more likely and the 10 weeks IS allowing for delays.

Lukey13
10-10-2007, 07:00 PM
Does anyone know if they're going to charge your credit card when you place your order or when the items are shipped.

I ordered the Mild Reflash last week and I haven't been charged yet. Although, mine's a 2007 which means the reflash hasn't even been designed yet, so I wouldn't expect to be charged for a while. As long as I keep the discounted price and don't have to pay way before I actually receive the product.

Haven't decided on intake yet though... If I want to keep open the option of upgrading to Extreme in the next year, then I'd go the Jtune intake. Otherwise I'd probably go Comptech Icebox and take advantage of the current exchange rate.

I just can't commit to the Extreme package without any feedback on the sound of the exhaust and unfortunately Jtune are unable to post any sound or video clips of the exhaust.

ENVSSS
10-10-2007, 07:00 PM
I don't know if everyone on here knows about the payment for the Jtune pre orders. I was speaking to James and he said the order form is just to get your order in place and that payment isn't due until you are invoiced, he said 'X' amount of days. Meaning when they are ready to be shipped?

Merlin086
10-10-2007, 07:22 PM
I don't know if everyone on here knows about the payment for the Jtune pre orders. I was speaking to James and he said the order form is just to get your order in place and that payment isn't due until you are invoiced, he said 'X' amount of days. Meaning when they are ready to be shipped.

"X" amount of days will be obvious when the invoices are issued in the next couple of days.

My interpretation was more likely payment in the next week or 2, so that's when I'm expecting to have to pay.

Omotesando
10-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Well to think about it realistically...

If J-Tune took to the trouble of delaying and delayin their release for YEARS.... then obviously releasing it now means they must be fairly confident of being ready.

So the chances of them arriving on time and up to expected standard (from China?) will be better than b4.

Pretty sure they will come eventually, just whether this batch of production is going to be as good as their last batch of final samples.

I deal in trading and manufacturing. Its pathetic dealing with overseas manufacturers. They always get it slightly wrong each time. :(

EUR003act
10-10-2007, 08:32 PM
I deal in trading and manufacturing. Its pathetic dealing with overseas manufacturers. They always get it slightly wrong each time. :(

haha sooo true... i work in retail, the stock we actually get sent, is nearly always different to the sample they originally send us!

some times it doesnt even have the same features! lol

but im sure jtune will have that all sorted out

stephen8512
10-10-2007, 08:49 PM
1, i cant believe this thread is still going

and 2, im not hating on J-tune, but personally after all this wait i wouldnt get one. empty promise after empty promise is what i see. fair enough it takes a long time to ge things done right, but just the fact that they said so much crap earlier on and because of the fact that they didnt make good on their promise when they said they would, i cant see why this would be any different (im talking about the pre-ordering)

Suntzu
10-10-2007, 09:17 PM
There you have it. I put the order in for the Mild Reflash 30 secs ago.:p

Doesnt look like it will be available for a while but thats ok cause Ive got my new headers and Fujita intake to install.:thumbsup:

Now im not sure when to get my dyno's done...in what order..hmm

Hope its as good as they say it will be. I pretty sure its going to be a lot better that the USA hondata and thats pretty good by all accounts.

cheers

russ:angel:

Zdster
11-10-2007, 09:13 AM
If J-Tune took to the trouble of delaying and delayin their release for YEARS.... then obviously releasing it now means they must be fairly confident of being ready.

I see it quite differently to you. The question in my mind is why have there been so many delays and what has been the cause? Why is this release date any different to those of the past? I guess I am just a sceptic and until the product is here and has been tested independently I wont commit to it.

Lukey13
23-10-2007, 07:57 AM
Surely somebody on this forum has heard back from Jtune regarding their order by now?

tony1234
23-10-2007, 08:30 AM
Hmmm,i got a feeling you'll be waiting and waiting.

Suntzu
23-10-2007, 08:31 AM
Not at this stage. I know my orders been received as I posted at their forum. No invoice as yet.................

tinkerbell
23-10-2007, 09:51 AM
Surely somebody on this forum has heard back from Jtune regarding their order by now?

surely!

Zdster
23-10-2007, 10:14 AM
Why is it that I can just imagine a month from now those people who put in an order getting a message apologising for the delay in responding (while no invoices have yet to be received) and then stating that the release date has been pushed back another month :s

Merlin086
23-10-2007, 11:44 AM
Why is it that I can just imagine a month from now those people who put in an order getting a message apologising for the delay in responding (while no invoices have yet to be received) and then stating that the release date has been pushed back another month :s

You must be a chippie coz i reckon u just "hit the nail on the head"

Damn sure I'm not holding my breathe in anticipation..........

Invoices, what invoices??......??!!.....:confused......:(...lol

350G
23-10-2007, 11:52 AM
lol you guys still waiting?
i wont trust this at all in the first place and this prove me right.

xplod_accord
23-10-2007, 12:47 PM
yeah customer service isn't one of their strong points thats for sure.

Im still waiting to hear back from a PM. I even saw the admin online a few times in his PM box!

I'll just blow thousands of dollars elsewhere ;)

Omotesando
23-10-2007, 07:57 PM
I think its not fair to say and spread words that they can't get the orders in 'nearly' on time or something... lol.

Afterall, they had waited years to release the website... I mean the products! One never knows. If you get it on time, and you paid a discounted price, then lucky for you we'll be paying much more than the lucky first few.

Sword cuts both ways

yfin
23-10-2007, 08:27 PM
You know the real shame is this is only going to be released in the final few months of the Euro life. Everything has moved on since 2003 - even a freaking 2007 V6 Tarago is running a 14.9 second quarter mile these days (see lounge thread!). Family cars are becoming pretty damn fast in a straight line now!

Zdster
23-10-2007, 08:38 PM
I think its not fair to say and spread words that they can't get the orders in 'nearly' on time or something... lol.

Afterall, they had waited years to release the website... I mean the products! One never knows. If you get it on time, and you paid a discounted price, then lucky for you we'll be paying much more than the lucky first few.

Sword cuts both ways

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/events/shanman14/temp/bunny-pancake.jpg

tony1234
24-10-2007, 07:27 AM
In the beginning i was all keen to get the JTUNE gear but it's been so long coming i'm over it now.I'm happy with my car the way it is(suspension and car sound mods)and as yfin said by the time the gear actually arrives the Euro is in the last stage of its model life.I may get the mild reflash but only when they actually have it available and ready to go,not this give me your credit card details and we'll ship it in 6-10 weeks(maybe) nonsense.:thumbdwn:

Suntzu
24-10-2007, 08:42 AM
They dont take the Credit Card details. I ordered , ticked the CCard box and that its ( no numbers are asked for). You wait till you get the invoice then pay via CCard. But at this stage no invoices have been sent.

I do take your point though. Your sentiment is accurate.

Type R Positive
24-10-2007, 11:35 AM
Still waiting for Jtune, huh?
Christmas soon anyway!

Merlin086
24-10-2007, 11:50 AM
Still waiting for Jtune, huh?
Christmas soon anyway!

Don't forget Easter!

.....looks like the bunny knows something we don't.......:thumbsup:

Suntzu
31-10-2007, 04:02 PM
Anyone received an invoice or any info after placing the pre-order?? I got nothing at this stage, not sure whats happening..

Pumped
31-10-2007, 04:02 PM
James is on holidays for a week at the moment.
He posted up some pictures of the headers being manufactured and some minor information yesterday

Nothing further though

yfin
31-10-2007, 04:06 PM
James is on holidays for a week at the moment.
He posted up some pictures of the headers being manufactured and some minor information yesterday

Nothing further though

If it is being manufactured in Asia right now (that is what I heard) how is this going to arrive in Australia any time soon? With shipping, customs, etc - it is surely a 2008 install date?

Lukey13
31-10-2007, 06:01 PM
If it is being manufactured in Asia right now (that is what I heard) how is this going to arrive in Australia any time soon? With shipping, customs, etc - it is surely a 2008 install date?

I hope not!! I'm keen to see people's reviews of the products.

Omotesando
31-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Well that's the thing with manufacturing overseas. The variable lies with the manufacturer and also their quality control.

Funny bunny Zdster, is that your girlfriend?

Suntzu
31-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Not sure why manufacturing would hold up the reflashes???

Zdster
31-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Funny bunny Zdster, is that your girlfriend?

I am glad you were finally able to fix your grammar as your other post made no sense . . . but whatever.

Not sure why manufacturing would hold up the reflashes???

I wouldnt imagine that they would start doing reflashes until stock came in :confused:. As yfin said I would be looking at least into 2008 for delivery.

Suntzu
01-11-2007, 08:41 AM
They dont need stock/parts for the reflash. Thats the point im making. They can clear a percentage of their customers off their backlog immediately.

Pumped
01-11-2007, 08:43 AM
I guess he wants to release it all at the same time

tron07
01-11-2007, 09:29 AM
They dont take the Credit Card details. I ordered , ticked the CCard box and that its ( no numbers are asked for). You wait till you get the invoice then pay via CCard. But at this stage no invoices have been sent.

I do take your point though. Your sentiment is accurate.

hmmm... you order now to get the cheaper price, but you dont need to pay.... what if you still dont pay when they invoice you cause the product is still not available yet and only when its available you pay.

Can you change your mind later and dont pay??? as you havent got anything yet other then the invoice (if there is one)

Zdster
01-11-2007, 10:15 AM
They dont need stock/parts for the reflash. Thats the point im making. They can clear a percentage of their customers off their backlog immediately.

Nah, I get you, but as Pumped said:

I guess he wants to release it all at the same time

ok2
01-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Now while we don't have the full picture, it still seems IMHO they some problems with dealing with customers i.e. it appears as though

1) They won't supply any reflashes yet (labour only we would assume)
2) They don't have any stock of parts
3) 2006 and later reflashes aren't "available" either

Now how does this help Jtune if no money is coming in ? Beats me ...
Moreover only serves to piss off people who have been waiting for how long now ?

tinkerbell
01-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Moreover only serves to piss off people who have been waiting for how long now ?

this thread started around 1245 days ago... :wave:

AusS2000
01-11-2007, 02:22 PM
1) They won't supply any reflashes yet (labour only we would assume)
2) They don't have any stock of parts
3) 2006 and later reflashes aren't "available" either

If you read the news page on the JTune website you will find the 2006 to 2008 automatic flash has been completed some time ago, I’m sure the manual is not far behind.

I can’t see what the issue is here I’ve placed a JTune mild flash order for my girlfriend Euro, we have placed the order, iv saved money, and I don’t have to pay until I’m invoiced, the money is better in my pocket for longer than anyone else.

It also states very clearly on the JTune website that all orders will ship 6 to 10 weeks from the closure of the pre order, considering the pre order only closed 2 weeks ago or so I’m still expecting an 8 week or so wait. I’ve saved money by placing a pre order, and its cost me nothing other than to wait like everyone else, it’s a win win situation for me.

Suntzu
01-11-2007, 02:35 PM
If not getting a product you want for 10 weeks constitutes a "win win" for you then you need to raise your expectations a little. ;)

I agree they have not taken my money and i am happy to wait. Be nice to have some up to date info each week on whats going on though.

Zdster
01-11-2007, 02:45 PM
I can’t see what the issue is here

The issue is pretty simple. The products release date has been pushed off many times. There doesnt appear to be any non-test cars that have run the system/provided any feedback. Getting the physical 'products' from asia in 8 weeks seems dubious (think about production time, internal shipping overseas, shipping from overseas to Australia, customs, quality control, internal shipping within Australia).

It is not so much about the money and the fact that it hasnt been withdrawn from your account but more so about the above issues.

AusS2000
01-11-2007, 02:59 PM
It’s only been two weeks since the closure of the group buy, I doubt much has changed for them, plus they did release manufacturing pictures of their headers a few days ago which look amazing id call that a update, in fact looking at the headers pictures makes me want to buy them as a present for my girlfriend. I knew what I committed to when I placed my order a 6 to 10 weeks wait, I saved money I’m not complaining Period.

Zdster
01-11-2007, 03:06 PM
I saved money I’m not complaining Period.

I can see you are not complaining, but you said on the page back you couldnt see what the problem is/was. People are skeptics (and rightfully so IMO) that the product release date will be met considering prior evidence and that it is fast approaching the release date. As I said on the previous page, getting the products here before the wharfs/industries shut down for Christmas is one heck of an ask.

The other point that could be made is that you arnt really saving money if the product doesnt show up or you are tied to the product because you paid a deposit etc.

adammet04
02-11-2007, 07:34 PM
I can see you are not complaining, but you said on the page back you couldnt see what the problem is/was. People are skeptics (and rightfully so IMO) that the product release date will be met considering prior evidence and that it is fast approaching the release date. As I said on the previous page, getting the products here before the wharfs/industries shut down for Christmas is one heck of an ask.

The other point that could be made is that you arnt really saving money if the product doesnt show up or you are tied to the product because you paid a deposit etc.

Exactly

had the pre order said something along the lines of not paying now, pay when the product arrives (which is how it should be), i would have jumped in too..
however without any tangible parts and the past experience (the waiting)..i found it hard to go that last step to commit to the reflash..i was under impression that the pre order required me to pay cash up front.

plus as others have said, an instant cash injection (for hondatech) of reflashing, rather than waiting 6 weeks would have been an ideal for people like myself who already have most of the other parts already..

:o:o

Merlin086
02-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Well, sure glad I got my order in early coz I'm booked in for the 24th Nov, for installation.

Apparently the first samples are thru..........:thumbsup:

Yeh baby!.......:p

TODA AU
02-11-2007, 10:07 PM
Hi Guys,
Just a quick heads up...;)

Sat 17th Nov - we'll be having a J-Tune demo day at our workshop for Sydney customers.
This way you will be able o see for yourself 1st hand, just what all the fuss is about.
We'll also be putting on a BBQ lunch & drinks for $5 per person.

Will post more info soon... :thumbsup:

Please email celia@todaracing.com.au if you'll be attending so she can get an idea of numbers
Cheers

Adrian

tony1234
03-11-2007, 08:01 AM
Exactly

had the pre order said something along the lines of not paying now, pay when the product arrives (which is how it should be), i would have jumped in too..
however without any tangible parts and the past experience (the waiting)..i found it hard to go that last step to commit to the reflash..i was under impression that the pre order required me to pay cash up front.

plus as others have said, an instant cash injection (for hondatech) of reflashing, rather than waiting 6 weeks would have been an ideal for people like myself who already have most of the other parts already..

:o:o
I agree.I was also under the impression that the pre order required me to pay cash up front.:confused:

tony1234
03-11-2007, 08:10 AM
Hi Guys,
Just a quick heads up...;)

Sat 17th Nov - we'll be having a J-Tune demo day at our workshop for Sydney customers.
This way you will be able o see for yourself 1st hand, just what all the fuss is about.
We'll also be putting on a BBQ lunch & drinks for $5 per person.

Will post more info soon... :thumbsup:

Please email celia@todaracing.com.au if you'll be attending so she can get an idea of numbers
Cheers

Adrian
Good idea.I think JTUNE needs to do something like this to take away the confusion that is around and to instill confidence in potential customers(like me.:D) in their products.

Peekay34
03-11-2007, 09:27 AM
Also the Jtune stuff is being fitted up to my car tomorrow. There will be a show day in Melbourne probably next weekend to show the product when I have more details I will let you all know.

BiLL|z0r
03-11-2007, 11:41 AM
I think maybe JTUNE wanted us to think we needed to pay up front so they don't get people signing up then saying in 8 weeks, nah, don't want it now as I've got no cash and JTUNE being stuck with the parts.
However in saying that a sales contract could easily get around it and potentially have got many more early clients.

EuroAccord13
03-11-2007, 11:03 PM
Also the Jtune stuff is being fitted up to my car tomorrow. There will be a show day in Melbourne probably next weekend to show the product when I have more details I will let you all know.

*Runs to book front row seats*

Omotesando
03-11-2007, 11:27 PM
I think maybe JTUNE wanted us to think we needed to pay up front so they don't get people signing up then saying in 8 weeks, nah, don't want it now as I've got no cash and JTUNE being stuck with the parts.
However in saying that a sales contract could easily get around it and potentially have got many more early clients.

That's exactly what they could have done to avoid any unnecessary confusion and then having people bad mouth them, the same ones who has no clue about the trouble it takes to release a fully marketable, trustworthy product. In hindsight, J-Tune probably (?) did the right thing delaying the FINAL RELEASE OF INFORMATION, THE WEBSITE AND THEIR PRODUCTS for years. Seems like they spent a lot of effort to ensure production quality and also established a network of distribution dealers who could demonstrate the product all at once, etc.

Really hope to hear feedbacks from those who made a substantial saving by having faith and also will be the first batch of people to test this product ! :D:D:D

Omotesando
03-11-2007, 11:31 PM
Haha. Yep that's right exactly as I expected from AARONNG. Having double standards are we in editing out my reply post, when other 'provocative' and childish 'English Class' posts by Zsted aren't deleted or edited.

Not sure if I should be impressed or unimpressed by the Max Morley equivalent of Ozhonda.

aaronng
04-11-2007, 12:52 AM
Haha. Yep that's right exactly as I expected from AARONNG. Having double standards are we in editing out my reply post, when other 'provocative' and childish 'English Class' posts by Zsted aren't deleted or edited.

Not sure if I should be impressed or unimpressed by the Max Morley equivalent of Ozhonda.

100% of your post was about grammar. Please stick to the topic. We are talking about HONDATA for the Euro. Not ENGLISH. If you wish to complain about me, please do so in the Site Discussion section, not here.

adammet04
04-11-2007, 08:32 PM

putting a deposit down would have been ok too..

however past in the past..looking forward to seeing this jtune day...

Peekay34
04-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Here we go peoples if you want to see for yourself

http://www.jtune.com.au/news.html Viewing day for the Eastern States.

BiLL|z0r
05-11-2007, 07:27 AM
aww, 24th Sept. That's my son's 3rd bday party, damn.

Zdster
05-11-2007, 08:50 AM
That's exactly what they could have done to avoid any unnecessary confusion and then having people bad mouth them, the same ones who has no clue about the trouble it takes to release a fully marketable, trustworthy product. In hindsight, J-Tune probably (?) did the right thing delaying the FINAL RELEASE OF INFORMATION, THE WEBSITE AND THEIR PRODUCTS for years.

That is exactly the problem. I dont think most consumers would have had a problem had the company kept stating that the release date was X weeks away. Had they instead said "the product will soon come to the marketplace, please be patient, here are some of the technical difficulties we are facing" then there would be no issue. What has happened is that a release date of 3 weeks was promised, that rolled past with no information provided, then another release date of a 4 weeks was promised and the pattern continued.

Anyway, that is all in the past and I hope that the company can provide a good reliable product.

yfin
05-11-2007, 12:41 PM

Hey how did this go?! You of all people have waited the longest

Merlin086
05-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Hey how did this go?! You of all people have waited the longest

Yeh, we're all wondering?

Worth the wait??........:thumbsup:

BiLL|z0r
05-11-2007, 04:29 PM
He prolly got so excited and wrapped it around a tree. *jokes*

Carn peekay, don't leave us hanging.
Mind you, he's prolly already used to the mods since he's 1 of the main testers.

r-r-redEuro
05-11-2007, 05:21 PM
Carn... thats so aussie, cant get anymore aussie then that.

tony1234
05-11-2007, 05:37 PM
Who here is going to the Jtune demo day at Toda(Wetherill Park Sydney)on the 17th of November?Have you put your name down?I have.

Pumped
05-11-2007, 05:58 PM
I'll be there :)
Put my name down also, looking forward to it

Darkii_
05-11-2007, 07:15 PM
anyone going to the brissie one, thinking about going

tinkerbell
05-11-2007, 07:19 PM
1:30pm Test drive of the mild flash upgrade in your own vehicle
Limited 5 minute test drive, priority given to those who emailed / reserved a place in order of emails received.

holy crap!

hmmm, maybe i will be getting my mate to head down there!!!

Merlin086
05-11-2007, 07:35 PM
anyone going to the brissie one, thinking about going

I'll be there, coz it's getting fitted to my euro (extreme)....:thumbsup:

ENVSSS
05-11-2007, 08:13 PM
I'll be there too :D

Merlin086
05-11-2007, 08:50 PM
I'll be there too :D

Your car sounds like my twin, my front brace should be on this week....hehe

C ya there....:thumbsup:

Suntzu
06-11-2007, 08:56 AM
James called me last friday to give an update and to invite me to the demo day in syd on the 17th. Id love to go but have commitments.

He did mention that they will be doing most of the extreme flashes and so on first so theres going to be a wait for the mild flash. I dont mind waiting as long as im informed, and hes done this so its all good.

If theres a lot more people ordering the mild flash then it will come quicker. Thats the gist of it.

Cant wait for your opinions after the demo day!

enkay
06-11-2007, 09:00 AM
agreed, im goin to come to the demo =D hehe

EUR003act
06-11-2007, 10:05 PM
James called me last friday to give an update and to invite me to the demo day in syd on the 17th. Id love to go but have commitments.

He did mention that they will be doing most of the extreme flashes and so on first so theres going to be a wait for the mild flash. I dont mind waiting as long as im informed, and hes done this so its all good.

If theres a lot more people ordering the mild flash then it will come quicker. Thats the gist of it.

Cant wait for your opinions after the demo day!

why will more people ordering the mild flash make it come quicker? havent they already sorted out the flash? and its just a simple reflash of they existing ecu?

10KRPM
08-11-2007, 07:09 AM
More demand means higher priority. I mean if someone comes into macca's and places an order for 20 cheeseburgers and you have a side order of big macs just about to go in just to replace whats at the front......which would you do first?

Pumped
08-11-2007, 07:39 AM
lol great analogy
http://www.bloggerheads.com/images/crazy_frog_vader.jpg
But this isnt burgers, and theres none of them being made to just sit around :p

tron07
08-11-2007, 08:32 AM
I got something on on 17... so cant make it....

Suntzu
08-11-2007, 09:28 AM
Its got more to do with raising capital. But I think you guys know that.

Should be a heap of comments from peeps here going to the 17th Nov demo day. Wish I was there.

Cranial
08-11-2007, 10:25 AM
Wish I could make it too - I'll be overseas! Hope to see lotsa comments abt it tho to make up for me missing out.

TRaNz
08-11-2007, 10:40 AM
So from wat it says, if you sign up and bring your car down there, James is gonna put the mild flash on your car and then u can test drive it for 5 mins? Like actually your car not another test car?

tony1234
08-11-2007, 11:05 AM
So from wat it says, if you sign up and bring your car down there, James is gonna put the mild flash on your car and then u can test drive it for 5 mins? Like actually your car not another test car?
Yeah,that's what it sounds like to me too.:thumbsup:

TRaNz
08-11-2007, 11:10 AM
If thats like the case, i wonder if i can just like pay him the 950 or wateva upfront and take the car like that...:p

tony1234
08-11-2007, 11:13 AM
If thats like the case, i wonder if i can just like pay him the 950 or wateva upfront and take the car like that...:p
That's what i'll be doing.

tron07
08-11-2007, 12:56 PM
What if he flash your car and you drive home? FOC then??

Pumped
08-11-2007, 01:03 PM
Maybe he reprogramz teh ecu 2 explod after 10 mins

Suntzu
08-11-2007, 01:09 PM
I dont think thats gunna happen. I think theres a few cars available you can book to drive.

TRaNz
08-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Hrmm i thought if they did do that, that one of the Jtune staff would come along in the car with you or something.
But then, when signing up, they take your details down and all. So should be ok, dont think anyone on OH is dodgey.....

johnprocter
08-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Maybe he reprogramz teh ecu 2 explod after 10 mins

HAHAHA

xiang
08-11-2007, 04:29 PM
hahah.. james bond shit..

ill be attending this demo day too. Signed up to test drive the extreme package n mild package.

EUR003act
08-11-2007, 05:23 PM
thats so stupid - lets say youve already paid for the reflash, but you have to wait 8-10weeks or whatever because of some reason i dont understand...

but if you go to the demo day, they reflash your car, you drive around and go "wow thats heaps fast" then you go back and they flash it back to normal...

anyone else see the stupidity there? why not just leave your car flashed! maybe theres circumstances i dont know about, but i cant see how a simple reflash of the ecu (using 2500points which jtune have already tuned in their testing!) can require an 8-10weeks wait for parts? or whatever is holding it up?

im not having a go at anyone - im just voicing my opinion for all the people that did the right thing by jtune, took the dive into the deep end, already put their names down for the reflash and are still waiting...

yfin
08-11-2007, 05:44 PM
are they definately reflashing the car for the test drive? Maybe they are just using a preflashed ECU and then connecting that up?

Either way it is a bloody good idea.

tony1234
08-11-2007, 05:54 PM
are they definately reflashing the car for the test drive? Maybe they are just using a preflashed ECU and then connecting that up?

Either way it is a bloody good idea.
That's what it looks like.Quote from Jtune site.The idea behind the product preview day is to come down and inspect, touch, feel and hear JTune products, as well as meet fellow JTune enthusiasts. The day is also a perfect opportunity to meet and greet the JTune team and your local dealer, giving JTune enthusiasts an open opportunity to ask questions and or go for a drive in a JTune modified car, including your own!The JTune Mild Flash will also be available for clients to test out in their own car, booking is essential so we know how many people we are carting for at each location.unquote.

tony1234
08-11-2007, 06:04 PM
This is interesting.
Quote from Jtune site.Whilst the pre order price offered to Hondatech Australia members is now currently closed, please feel free to come down on the day and negotiate a deal on JTune hardware and installation if you have not already placed an order.Unquote.
Negotiate a deal!!!Hmmm.

yfin
08-11-2007, 06:14 PM
This is interesting.
Quote from Jtune site.Whilst the pre order price offered to Hondatech Australia members is now currently closed, please feel free to come down on the day and negotiate a deal on JTune hardware and installation if you have not already placed an order.Unquote.
Negotiate a deal!!!Hmmm.

Negotiate? Surprised to see that word so soon. Maybe they didn't sell as many as they hoped.

EUR003act
08-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Negotiate? Surprised to see that word so soon. Maybe they didn't sell as many as they hoped.

ill give them $10 now, the other $900 when they reflash my ecu...

Suntzu
08-11-2007, 06:24 PM
edit: Ok spoke to james. He has clarified. It is a temp install of another ECU so it is the mild flash but you cant keep it. Just try it. The full mild flash is still a while away.
In his credit he called me immediately and explained it very well and i am appreciative of this. All good. Look forward to you guys trying it.

EUR003act
08-11-2007, 06:35 PM
russ i can see why your pissed off!

thats so stupid - lets say youve already paid for the reflash, but you have to wait 8-10weeks or whatever because of some reason i dont understand...

but if you go to the demo day, they reflash your car, you drive around and go "wow thats heaps fast" then you go back and they flash it back to normal...

anyone else see the stupidity there? why not just leave your car flashed! maybe theres circumstances i dont know about, but i cant see how a simple reflash of the ecu (using 2500points which jtune have already tuned in their testing!) can require an 8-10weeks wait for parts? or whatever is holding it up?

im not having a go at anyone - im just voicing my opinion for all the people that did the right thing by jtune, took the dive into the deep end, already put their names down for the reflash and are still waiting...

i know exactly what you mean dude, im just glad i didnt sign up!

r-r-redEuro
08-11-2007, 08:12 PM
did you just quote yourself? lol

EUR003act
08-11-2007, 09:01 PM
lol yes... :o

lol yes... :o

10KRPM
08-11-2007, 09:02 PM
i think im going to wait for the next update of the euro rather then this.....its far too slow.

tony1234
09-11-2007, 06:54 AM
You guys that've signed up for the mild reflash will be lucky to see it before xmas.:(

martizzle
09-11-2007, 02:31 PM
coz i won't be able to make it, i cant wait to hear butt dyno reviews.....

Peekay34
10-11-2007, 07:28 AM
Just for all your information the test mild Flash will involve the use of a Hondata/Jtune supplied ECU And will just be available for this test drive. Your ECU will not be reflashed then the software removed. This ECU will not match your keys and will have the imobiliser disabled so it can be used in multiple vehicles. This is only for temporary use and for the purpose of seeing what the mild flash feels like from a performance perspective. Jtune will retain your ECU while your car is test driven to ensure no one trys to make off with this ECU.

Lukey13
10-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Ok, time for some reviews from the test driving in Brisbane?????

Merlin086
10-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Ok, time for some reviews from the test driving in Brisbane?????

Hang on, I'll just get my crystal ball out....lol

Hasn't happened yet,not 'till the 24th Nov...........:thumbsup:

Lukey13
10-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Hang on, I'll just get my crystal ball out....lol

Hasn't happened yet,not 'till the 24th Nov...........:thumbsup:

Ok, smartarse!!

My mistake, I was referring to the Melbourne testdriving that was supposed to happen today.

Anyone????

Darkii_
10-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Calm down, we are all friends here. You did say brisbane and he was just mucking around.

EUR003act
10-11-2007, 10:38 PM
lukey13 - merlin was jokin with you, hence the lol and :thumbsup:

anyway, back on subject, yes id be interested in a review to... thats if theres already been a test day?

Lukey13
11-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Yeah guys, it's all cool! I think my post was misinterpreted there. I didn't mean smart-arse to be offensive. Ah, the ambiguity of brief written messages... ;)

Anyway, has anybody got some feedback from the Jtune testing/installations in Melbourne???

BiLL|z0r
11-11-2007, 01:51 PM
They're prolly all still trying the wipe the smiles off their faces.

Merlin086
11-11-2007, 02:32 PM
Yeah guys, it's all cool! I think my post was misinterpreted there. I didn't mean smart-arse to be offensive. Ah, the ambiguity of brief written messages... ;)

Anyway, has anybody got some feedback from the Jtune testing/installations in Melbourne???

Actually I was thinking if I had my crystal ball out I would have known you meant Melbourne when you wrote Brisbane......lol....haha......;)
....jk....merlin....magician....crystal ball.....ah forget it.....lol

EUR003act
11-11-2007, 05:33 PM
hahaha i love forums :honda:

johnprocter
11-11-2007, 07:07 PM
someone review already noobs

ENVSSS
11-11-2007, 08:33 PM
I suppose the real life results weren't that good eh?

If the results were good I’d be excited and couldn't wait to share. Unless you were told not to mention anything until the other states have seen, though it's a little too late for that as we've already dived in and ordered the gear.

johnprocter
11-11-2007, 08:37 PM
lol u can't just assume that

ENVSSS
11-11-2007, 08:48 PM
lol u can't just assume that

hehehe I know. I just find it a little funny there's been no posts. Maybe everyone has better things that me to do other than think about my car lol.

johnprocter
11-11-2007, 09:05 PM
you must remember its a sunday night :P the results are hot on the dyno so i can't see why they wouldn't be good and personally i'd say even if it was shit or good eitherway people would jump on here asap to flame or congratulate LOL

Peekay34
11-11-2007, 10:11 PM
The day went well with more prospective buyers (non OZHONDA) turning up. Of all the people that went for a drive in the car were quite impressed. Just because none of them has posted means nothing and I think alot of you guys read to much into it.... there are more people than just OZHONDA that are interested in this product....

http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showthread.php?p=6175#post6175

xiang
12-11-2007, 01:11 AM
mmm sounds like it went well..
cant wait to see it for my self this saturday

yfin
12-11-2007, 05:51 AM
how good does the exhaust and header look in the air... very nice

Pumped
12-11-2007, 07:47 AM
Its niiice :)

hope to hear some mini reviews :p

Bryce
15-11-2007, 03:07 PM
so how was the Melbourne meet?

Merlin086
15-11-2007, 03:11 PM
so how was the Melbourne meet?

Shhh....I think they're all sworn to secrecy.......:zip:

Suntzu
15-11-2007, 03:14 PM
Yeah I cant believe noone knows anything. Better get some good reviews on SAT night or else im having a hissy fit.

Pumped
15-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Must be keepin that shaith on the downlow

Lukey13
15-11-2007, 05:36 PM
Ah, the old "I'll give you a special discount if you don't post anything up about our product in forums" trick!

Must be part of the price "negotiation" referred to earlier.

I hope people are allowed to speak out and provide customer reviews once they've had the products installed. :confused:

tony1234
15-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Ah, the old "I'll give you a special discount if you don't post anything up about our product in forums" trick!

Must be part of the price "negotiation" referred to earlier.

I hope people are allowed to speak out and provide customer reviews once they've had the products installed. :confused:
I don't think that's the case otherwise why would they go to the trouble of having these demo days. They're hoping that by demoing both the extreme pack and particularly the mild reflash(on your car)that we'll start spreading the word about how good the Jtune gear is.Anyway i'll know more Sat.afternoon.BTW i've heard that the extreme pack has sold well,it's the mild reflash that has sold below their expectation.

Merlin086
15-11-2007, 07:16 PM
I don't think that's the case otherwise why would they go to the trouble of having these demo days. They're hoping that by demoing both the extreme pack and particularly the mild reflash(on your car)that we'll start spreading the word about how good the Jtune gear is.Anyway i'll know more Sat.afternoon.BTW i've heard that the extreme pack has sold well,it's the mild reflash that has sold below their expectation.

So we'll hear from u Sat. night tony1234.....:thumbsup:.......;)we'll see...

........another week for us northerners............:thumbdwn:

BiLL|z0r
15-11-2007, 07:57 PM
There's nothing on the Jtune web site either on feedback. Carn guys, tell us. It just seems so odd that not 1 person has posted about the day.
James, how about feedback on the day from your prostective?

Merlin086
15-11-2007, 08:06 PM
There's nothing on the Jtune web site either on feedback. Carn guys, tell us. It just seems so odd that not 1 person has posted about the day.
James, how about feedback on the day from your prostective?

We want feedback from euro owners, not more info from James ( who doesn't post here by the way)

.....I feel like a mushroom, left in the dark and, well, you know......:(

tony1234
16-11-2007, 06:37 AM
We want feedback from euro owners, not more info from James ( who doesn't post here by the way)

.....I feel like a mushroom, left in the dark and, well, you know......:(
I think you'll be happy with the extreme pack that you've ordered.I'd get it but at 4K + install i don't want to spend that much as i'll only be keeping the car for another 2 years.

enkay
16-11-2007, 08:00 AM
hmms yer wonder why no1 has said anything haha
i read bout a guy who tested the fn2r mild reflash last sat (just said more mid range power)
o wells, only one more day till i can see it hehe

Pumped
16-11-2007, 08:01 AM
Who will be there tomorrow?

:) ill be there

this threads almost 100 pages lol

TODA AU
16-11-2007, 08:16 AM
Who will be there tomorrow?

:) ill be there

this threads almost 100 pages lol

Yeah, good question?
Can I get an indication of numbers & if you want lunch.
I don't want to under cater the BBQ or drinks.
Just post or PM,
Cheers

Adrian

sodaz
17-11-2007, 04:55 PM
Just got back from the Jtune preview day in Sydney. About 5-6 Euros and 2 x Civic Type Rs showed up and it was a very warm day today (around 29c). Adrian and his wife Celia organised an awesome BBQ for us too. :thumbsup:

The day started with James explaining how he started the project. Originally he was only going to develop an ECU but he soon realised that the gains were insufficient. He then built an intake to go with the ECU but the gains were still minimal. The situation didn't change much when he added the custom exhaust. When the headers were added he realised that there was a lot more room for tuning and that is why he decided to create the extreme package.

The Jtune team consists of 4 people (if i remember correctly) and one of them (i think his name is Raymond) is an engineer (Aerospace or something) who helped design the parts.

The Jtune hardware was bolted to the wall and I had the chance to have a really close look at them. Here's a quick overview:

Intake - Uses stainless steel instead of aluminium (unlike Injen and K&N) with the pod facing the front (pod filter is mounted upside down). I didn't measure it but i think the tube diameter is even thicker than the Injen CAI one.

Headers - Very long primaries (according to James that design is important for lowering the VTEC point and for increasing mid range torque). The welds and bends are very good with reinforcements at many points to ensure structural strength. Built quality wise it's much better than Comptech and DC sports but not quite as good as Maximworks and Toda.

Exhaust - Full stainless steel construction - 3 inch pipe merges with 2 x 2.5 inch pipes. According to James, he experimented with straight 3 inch pipes and it actually lost power at the top end. Construction is very good but it also weighs a lot more than the stock system. All the stock rubber mounts will be replaced with poly mounts to allow the exhaust to bolt to the car more rigidly. I had a look at it installed on the car and the tips look at bit too shiny and chunky for my liking. From the outside, the exhaust is quite a bit louder than stock, with a fair deep rumble.

ECU - For those who don't know, the ECU is located on the passenger side seat in the carpet area. The extreme package lowers VTEC to 3300rpm. James mentioned that the interest for the mild reflash is very low compared to the extreme package.

According to James, the manufacturing for the hardware parts have started and it will take around 3-4 weeks plus another 3 weeks for shipping (by sea). He's ordered 100 sets and half of them should be ready around Dec-Jan.

Driving impression - I was only the passenger in the car. The Jtune extreme package (i.e I/H/E + ECU) was installed on the standard manual Euro with stock 16" wheels. We only went for a 5 min drive.

Even though the exhaust was quite loud outside, it was actually very quiet inside, with no droning whatsoever at 80km/h cruising speeds. Power down low is not very different from stock but the mid range power has improved noticably with the feeling of increased torque. The engine does not bog down as much in 3rd gear. There was a buzzing sound inside the cabin around 2000-3000rpm and I'm not sure where it's coming from but i suspect it's from the intake.

Overall power increase is not as great as I expected and in terms of acceleration (butt dyno) feels similar to the Toyota Aurion but slower than an RX-8 and 350z. The mid range feels a lot stronger but there's no VTEC kick for those who are wondering. I'm not sure how much power it will make on a roller dyno but i suspect it will be in the 135ish kw mark.

That's all I can remember! :) Sorry I forgot to bring my camera so I don't have any pics.

yfin
17-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Thanks for that Sodaz.

sodaz
17-11-2007, 05:13 PM
You're welcome mate. I feel like too many people (myself included) have been left in the dark for too long.

akina
17-11-2007, 05:14 PM
nice, did u try out the mild reflash aswell or just the extreme?

phobolism
17-11-2007, 05:23 PM
so you would it be safe to say you weren't overly impressed with the final product?

sodaz
17-11-2007, 05:38 PM
nice, did u try out the mild reflash aswell or just the extreme?

I only tried the extreme version, not the mild reflash. I have an auto Euro and they only had the manual ECU available.

sodaz
17-11-2007, 05:39 PM
so you would it be safe to say you weren't overly impressed with the final product?

I think it's a good product and it would suit those who have a completely stock car and want a 1 stop shop upgrade but i wouldn't call it mindblowing either.

Pumped
17-11-2007, 05:41 PM
215km/h on that back road was pretty impressive

phobolism
17-11-2007, 05:43 PM

SHHH cant say that out too loudly!

EUR003act
17-11-2007, 05:54 PM

he meant on the back straight at eastern creek... he just made a typo :p

Merlin086
17-11-2007, 05:54 PM

Wasn't that the tacho you were watching...your confused again.....:eek:

Thanks 4 the feedback guys...where's tony1234?....still there?...lol

phobolism
17-11-2007, 05:57 PM
he meant on the back straight at eastern creek... he just made a typo :p

ohhh i must have misread it hahaha my bad, soz ppl

Pumped
17-11-2007, 06:06 PM
lol :)

I was pretty impressed,
I tried both the Mild tune in my car and went in the euro with the extreme package

The mild flash isnt a huge gain but its noticeable, it seems to help the low speed jerkiness as well

The extreme package went well, really starts going top end of 3rd

Chris_F
17-11-2007, 06:46 PM
thanks for the detailed impressions sodaz! It's interesting that the Jtune exhaust is heavier than stock. I saved 15kg with my single outlet exhaust.

I don't think I'll be trading in my I/H/E anytime soon for the jtune products but if they ever release a tunable ecu I'd consider it.

At the moment the cheapest tuneable ecu option available for the euro is an EFI brand ecu which is about $3k+ (installed and tuned) from memory.The other option is the motec m400 with optional drive-by-wire compatibility. But I'm sure that setup would easily be in excess of $5k all up.

tony1234
17-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Wasn't that the tacho you were watching...your confused again.....:eek:

Thanks 4 the feedback guys...where's tony1234?....still there?...lol
Yep i'm here.Good writeup sodaz,pretty much covered it.I was fortunate to actually drive the test car with the extreme kit(many thanks to the owner,sorry i forgot your name:o).Power is smooth and linear,no vtec"kick"the car pulls hard from idle to 6k.Exhaust is a little bit loud but we had the windows down so i don't know what it's like with them up.intake wasn't as loud as i expected,when it hit vtec there was a low growl for approx.2-3 secs.then it tapered off quickly to virtually stock sounding.I would get the extreme kit if i was keeping the car for 3-4 or more years so you would get some value out of it.I'll be keeping my car only for another 2 and a bit years(it's 18 mths.old already!!) for business/tax reasons.Another bonus is when you drive the car hard you seem to only need to rev it to about 5-6k,there seems to be no real benefit in revving it any higher.Please keep in mind this was a formed opinion in a 10 min.drive.The mild reflash was then hooked up to my car and i took it for a 10 min.spin.I drove the same route as the extreme car as both passenger and driver so as to be able to give me the best possible idea how they both performed.The mild reflash i thought was quite good,again power delivery was nice and linear.The best way to describe the difference is when you drive your car on a cold night you know how responsive it feels,well it felt like that but it was 30c.Personally i'l be getting the mild reflash as i like how quiet my car is(i must be getting old!!)and maybe the Jtune intake or an icebox and that'll be it for me for engine mods.I think that about covers it.If you want to know more please ask.Also thanks to Adrian,James and the other guys for an informative afternoon.

Chris_F
17-11-2007, 07:29 PM
what's it like with the lower vtec point of the mild flash (and where is it exactly?)

ALN
17-11-2007, 07:49 PM
About the exhaust piping so it isn't 3 inch straight through ? I thought originally they told 3 inch exhaust made more power than 2.5 inch. Anyway good feedback Sodaz:thumbsup:

sodaz
17-11-2007, 07:50 PM
what's it like with the lower vtec point of the mild flash (and where is it exactly?)

The lower VTEC point of the mild reflash is at 5000rpm.

Merlin086
17-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Thanks tony1234, been looking forward to your impressions.

Can't wait to see 4 myself....:thumbsup:

sodaz
17-11-2007, 07:52 PM
About the exhaust piping so it isn't 3 inch straight through ? I thought originally they told 3 inch exhaust made more power than 2.5 inch. Anyway good feedback Sodaz:thumbsup:

The exhaust piping is not 3 inch straight though. Because it's a dual exhaust the 2 exhaust pipes actually add up to 5 inches (2.5 inches each side). If each pipe is 3 inches it adds up to 6 inches which resulted in a loss of top end power according to James.

Suntzu
17-11-2007, 10:41 PM
So bottom line :

Seems like the mild flash is bang for buck?

Pumped
17-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Best thing i noticed about the Mild flash is the lower vtec, smoother take off and higher rev limit

atm my car as soon as it hits 6000rpm its straight onto redline, wild the mild flash i didnt hit the redline at all and had the car into the red line

Pretty good overall, pretty impressed with the top end of the extreme package though, went great

EUR003act
17-11-2007, 10:46 PM
The exhaust piping is not 3 inch straight though. Because it's a dual exhaust the 2 exhaust pipes actually add up to 5 inches (2.5 inches each side). If each pipe is 3 inches it adds up to 6 inches which resulted in a loss of top end power according to James.

whether you have dual 2.5 or dual 3inch at the rear doesnt change anything... its still gotta go through the entire centre piping (cat converter all the way to the back split) so its not gonna equal 5inch or 6inch unless you use 5/6 inch piping the entire way....

sodaz
17-11-2007, 10:55 PM
whether you have dual 2.5 or dual 3inch at the rear doesnt change anything... its still gotta go through the entire centre piping (cat converter all the way to the back split) so its not gonna equal 5inch or 6inch unless you use 5/6 inch piping the entire way....

I'm not sure if it does and but that's what James said. He said that when the twin tails pipes were 3 inches (which it was in one his initial prototypes) they measured a lost of power in the top end. When they changed it to 2.5 inches it made more power. He mentioned something about volume and pressure but i don't remember what he said exactly.

BTW, i forgot to mention that the exhaust has a special type of lock joint for extra adjustment so you won't get that lopsided look with the twin pipes.

EUR003act
17-11-2007, 11:25 PM
I'm not sure if it does and but that's what James said. He said that when the twin tails pipes were 3 inches (which it was in one his initial prototypes) they measured a lost of power in the top end. When they changed it to 2.5 inches it made more power. He mentioned something about volume and pressure but i don't remember what he said exactly.

BTW, i forgot to mention that the exhaust has a special type of lock joint for extra adjustment so you won't get that lopsided look with the twin pipes.

i believe that having too big an exhaust loses power... n/a engines do require some back pressure... and i do know cars with dual exhausts (off a single line) are very hard to tune properly for power...

aaronng
17-11-2007, 11:43 PM
i believe that having too big an exhaust loses power... n/a engines do require some back pressure... and i do know cars with dual exhausts (off a single line) are very hard to tune properly for power...

No, that's because dual exhausts have 2 additional 90 degree bends before the muffler. A single exhaust can run pretty straight from the cat to the muffler.

EUR003act
17-11-2007, 11:46 PM
No, that's because dual exhausts have 2 additional 90 degree bends before the muffler. A single exhaust can run pretty straight from the cat to the muffler.

i was refering more to the debate between whether splitting a single pipe into two and then running two end mufflers is better than just running a single pipe thru a single muffler... but yes thats true, a dual system adds in an extra two bends

xiang
18-11-2007, 11:10 AM
Yep i'm here.Good writeup sodaz,pretty much covered it.I was fortunate to actually drive the test car with the extreme kit(many thanks to the owner,sorry i forgot your name:o).Power is smooth and linear,no vtec"kick"the car pulls hard from idle to 6k.Exhaust is a little bit loud but we had the windows down so i don't know what it's like with them up.intake wasn't as loud as i expected,when it hit vtec there was a low growl for approx.2-3 secs.then it tapered off quickly to virtually stock sounding.I would get the extreme kit if i was keeping the car for 3-4 or more years so you would get some value out of it.I'll be keeping my car only for another 2 and a bit years(it's 18 mths.old already!!) for business/tax reasons.Another bonus is when you drive the car hard you seem to only need to rev it to about 5-6k,there seems to be no real benefit in revving it any higher.Please keep in mind this was a formed opinion in a 10 min.drive.The mild reflash was then hooked up to my car and i took it for a 10 min.spin.I drove the same route as the extreme car as both passenger and driver so as to be able to give me the best possible idea how they both performed.The mild reflash i thought was quite good,again power delivery was nice and linear.The best way to describe the difference is when you drive your car on a cold night you know how responsive it feels,well it felt like that but it was 30c.Personally i'l be getting the mild reflash as i like how quiet my car is(i must be getting old!!)and maybe the Jtune intake or an icebox and that'll be it for me for engine mods.I think that about covers it.If you want to know more please ask.Also thanks to Adrian,James and the other guys for an informative afternoon.

Hey Tony, my name's Jin. I was the owner of the test car. Sorry i didnt get to say bye. I thought you'd left then i saw you in my rearview.

dont forget to mention that the extreme kit and mild kit seem to fix that really touchy accelerator when you have the car rolling in first gear.

Ive got it on my car right now, and i was driving around all night. It got alot cooler at night.. and the car was alot more responsive.

ALN
18-11-2007, 11:14 AM
You won't get any much benefit of 3 inch exhaust from I/H/E minor mods only with tuning. They have to go with "real extreme" mods. You have to combine it with aggressive cams combo and higher flow intake manifold, eg RBC or PRC to get the extra power out of 3 inch exhaust.

Single or dual exhaust, well dunno if there is any difference in dyno but single exhaust for sure will create more responsive feeling than dual.

BiLL|z0r
18-11-2007, 12:09 PM
dont forget to mention that the extreme kit and mild kit seem to fix that really touchy accelerator when you have the car rolling in first gear.

Does it fix the DBW jerkiness issues in all gears as well?

SXYSOL
18-11-2007, 12:40 PM
You won't get any much benefit of 3 inch exhaust from I/H/E minor mods only with tuning. They have to go with "real extreme" mods. You have to combine it with aggressive cams combo and higher flow intake manifold, eg RBC or PRC to get the extra power out of 3 inch exhaust.

Single or dual exhaust, well dunno if there is any difference in dyno but single exhaust for sure will create more responsive feeling than dual.

If that’s the case why would Honda produce the standard Euro with two mufflers ? You think they really would do this to decrease a cars response on purpose; highly unlikely…not to mention a single exhaust on car designed for two mufflers looks dame ugly. As for you saying its more responsive, what evidence and back to back testing have you done to backup your statement or are you just pulling theories from your ass ?

ALN
18-11-2007, 12:48 PM
If that’s the case why would Honda produce the standard Euro with two mufflers ? You think they really would do this to decrease a cars response on purpose; highly unlikely…not to mention a single exhaust on car designed for two mufflers looks dame ugly. As for you saying its more responsive, what evidence and back to back testing have you done to backup your statement or are you just pulling theories from your ass ?

Well I tried on my friend 00 accord 2.3 L did have twin exhaust and before he sold his car he swapped back to single exhaust which made noticeable difference in response, that's personal experience.

If you looking for any more proofs just use yahoo or google, dude or just do it and give us the feedback.

EUR003act
18-11-2007, 12:53 PM
ALN correct in saying single gives better power... why do u think all race setups use single exhaust?

honda didnt go with the dual exhaust system for power! they went with it for looks and quietness...

SXYSOL
18-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Well I tried on my friend 00 accord 2.3 L did have twin exhaust and before he sold his car he swapped back to single exhaust which made noticeable difference in response, that's personal experience.

If you looking for any more proofs just use yahoo or google, dude or just do it and give us the feedback.

Its been done already for the Euro and proven that duel is better, so I’m not sure where your getting your facts from, and your experience isn’t even based on a Euro k24 ivtec engine so I would call it skeptical at the very best.

ALN
18-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Can you provide us with any proof or article to support it ?

what make you think euro k24 is more special engine compare with k20 that dual exhaust works better than single.
Have u ever think about those people that swap k24a engine to EG or EF or EK which fundamentally works the same and none of them used dual exhaust and still produced higher power figures in comparison to k20a due to higher displacement.
Well I'm not expert in this kinda technical stuff, but few of euro owners here are currently using single exhaust, well may be they could give you more feedback
well... and you can use ur logic why spoon, J's racing,5zigen, Amuse even bother to sell single exhaust if they already knew that dual works better on euro.

xiang
18-11-2007, 02:05 PM
Does it fix the DBW jerkiness issues in all gears as well?

what do you mean by jerkiness?
well say you're giving it full throttle, and you let go really quick, it is quite jerky.

i also noticed that the engine tempreture is about 25% cooler than it normally is. and that was after a 30 min drive.

EUR003act
18-11-2007, 02:07 PM
im no expert either... but in theory a single exhaust should have better flow characteristics... considering that to make it a dual first u need to split the piping, then you need to add in two more 90degree bends.... all of that adding back pressure and flow disturbences...

tony1234
18-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Hey Tony, my name's Jin. I was the owner of the test car. Sorry i didnt get to say bye. I thought you'd left then i saw you in my rearview.

Ive got it on my car right now, and i was driving around all night. It got alot cooler at night.. and the car was alot more responsive.
Yeah,hi Jin.thanks again for letting me drive your car with the extreme kit on it.Yes i did forget to mention that both reflashes seem to fix that really touchy accelerator when you have the car rolling in first gear.:thumbsup:I'll bet you had fun last night with your car.:p

michael_antoi
18-11-2007, 02:12 PM

You have the Extreme kit still on your car !!! HOW IS IT !! Where is the Review ! I guess you LOVE IT !!

EUR003act
18-11-2007, 02:48 PM
is this reflash compatible with the euro?!?

http://www.hondata.com/reflash_tsx.html

akina
18-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Its for the US TSX not our AUS verison of the Euro, their different and not compatible.

EUR003act
18-11-2007, 03:01 PM
Its for the US TSX not our AUS verison of the Euro, their different and not compatible.

hmmmm thought so :( oh well lol

aaronng
18-11-2007, 03:38 PM
Its been done already for the Euro and proven that duel is better, so I’m not sure where your getting your facts from, and your experience isn’t even based on a Euro k24 ivtec engine so I would call it skeptical at the very best.

A dual muffler has better muffling capacity because there is less air going through each muffler. But the two 90 degree bends before each muffler means that the exhaust gas is slowed down significantly. Single muffler piping can run straight from the middle resonator, so has less restriction. The downside is that a larger amount of exhaust gas is going through 1 muffler and will be noisier. Honda went for a 2 muffler setup for the Euro for 2 reasons. It makes it look upmarket and is easier to keep quiet.

EUR003act
18-11-2007, 03:42 PM
A dual muffler has better muffling capacity because there is less air going through each muffler. But the two 90 degree bends before each muffler means that the exhaust gas is slowed down significantly. Single muffler piping can run straight from the middle resonator, so has less restriction. The downside is that a larger amount of exhaust gas is going through 1 muffler and will be noisier. Honda went for a 2 muffler setup for the Euro for 2 reasons. It makes it look upmarket and is easier to keep quiet.

you just said what i said lol only your alot better at explaining it than me..

akina
18-11-2007, 03:52 PM
^^ also its aaron... everyone will agree :p

aaronng
18-11-2007, 04:01 PM
^^ also its aaron... everyone will agree :p

Sif... lol. Come on guys, argue with me...

EUR003act
18-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Sif... lol. Come on guys, argue with me...

hahaha if we argue with you we'll get kicked off ozhonda lol

we know how it works... lmao

Merlin086
18-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Hmm

..is that Sir Aaronng...

or

HRH Aaronng.......lol

Peekay34
18-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Overall power increase is not as great as I expected and in terms of acceleration (butt dyno) feels similar to the Toyota Aurion but slower than an RX-8 and 350z.

No offence but....I am quite confused how you can equate or compare an Honda Accord Euro that was designed as a "family" car to a Nissan 350z or an RX-8 it does not compute as the Euro was never designed to be an sports car .....or an car that has a V6 engine (Aurion). The closest thing that you can compare the car to is an Toyota Camry or Audi A4 in body type and engine. Even to get compared to a sports car is doing well .....I would have thought the 350z and the RX would have been compared more to the S2000.

Now with the whole argument with Dual verses Single if you had been listening in the presentation....... JTune tested both systems with Single and Dual Systems they did extensive testing ....trust me I know. The car performed better with the system that is the end product (Dual) than that with a straight through. They have proof from dyno results. Besides that as was said by some one else the car was designed with dual tips as it suits the car much better. A single exhaust outlet does not look that good... you have one cutout that is empty on the side that looks strange if does not have a second exhaust. That was also considered.

The Exhaust is a 3 inch System to the just before the petrol tank then splits into two 2.5 inch exhaust pipes into the rear mufflers. Again this was fully tested to get the best results...... They tested this over 2.5 years so I think they know what they are doing.

Also the TSX flash and the Euro flash are from the same source originally but altered to meet Australian specs with some additional tuning from James.

aaronng
18-11-2007, 05:36 PM
hahaha if we argue with you we'll get kicked off ozhonda lol

we know how it works... lmao

As if I'll do such a thing.

Hmm

..is that Sir Aaronng...

or

HRH Aaronng.......lol

Just Aaron is fine. :)

sodaz
18-11-2007, 06:47 PM
No offence but....I am quite confused how you can equate or compare an Honda Accord Euro that was designed as a "family" car to a Nissan 350z or an RX-8 it does not compute as the Euro was never designed to be an sports car .....or an car that has a V6 engine (Aurion). The closest thing that you can compare the car to is an Toyota Camry or Audi A4 in body type and engine. Even to get compared to a sports car is doing well .....I would have thought the 350z and the RX would have been compared more to the S2000.

The Euro can outperform the V6 Camry (115kw) and the Audi A4 2.0 (103kw) even in stock form. Why would you spend $5000 to outperform cars that you can already outperform in stock form? All I'm trying to say is that while the extreme package does improve power noticably compared to stock, it's simply not as quick as I expected. The extreme Euro is supposed to do the 1/4 mile in 14.8ish seconds at 160km/h which is in line with the 350z and RX-8 but it didn't feel nearly as quick as the two. In terms of acceleration it felt closer to the Aurion Sportivo I drive at work (though not as torquey). I don't think there's anything wrong with comparing a stock V6 with a highly modded 4 cylinder car.

Peekay34
18-11-2007, 07:29 PM
The Euro can outperform the V6 Camry (115kw) and the Audi A4 2.0 (103kw) even in stock form. Why would you spend $5000 to outperform cars that you can already outperform in stock form? All I'm trying to say is that while the extreme package does improve power noticably compared to stock, it's simply not as quick as I expected. The extreme Euro is supposed to do the 1/4 mile in 14.8ish seconds at 160km/h which is in line with the 350z and RX-8 but it didn't feel nearly as quick as the two. In terms of acceleration it felt closer to the Aurion Sportivo I drive at work (though not as torquey). I don't think there's anything wrong with comparing a stock V6 with a highly modded 4 cylinder car.

You are losing the point I am afraid that I am trying to make. I am talking about cars that are normally in the same class and size of engine. Since your comment is that it is "nearly as quick" then I would say ...not bad for a 2.4 litre NA motor that normally on average might have max 110KW at the wheels (notice I said on average folks) The rotary I can not say much about since except that it is very quick and in comparrison of a motor well they are different being based on a low friction Rotary Motor with 1300CC but 170KW of power ...the 350Z is a Standard Engine 3.5L V6 @ 228.18KW @6800 engine .. but both built as sports cars......even if you compare the Aurion... 200KW V6 Engine..... if you compare the two as your are and you say it's close.. and also compare it to an Aurion at 200KW .... Then Jtune has done a great job...... even to be comparible to this car in perfomance.
It is a shame you did not get to drive it.... you should have asked the owner he let Tony drive it and you would have realised what is fully like :D

Also you gotta remember it was a 30 degree day and humid which also affects performance....

staryknight
18-11-2007, 07:43 PM
I think your all crazy trying to compare cars on 30 degree days that’s an unfair disadvantage. I would really like to hear how the car responds at night time when the outside air is cold. We all know every car is very sluggish in the heat, but if it impresses you in the heat imagine what it will be like when it’s cold. Out here in WA our cars are always slow during the day and totally different at night in fact a lot of tuners only tune after hours when it cools down.

EUR003act
18-11-2007, 07:44 PM
I think your all crazy trying to compare cars on 30 degree days that’s an unfair disadvantage. I would really like to hear how the car responds at night time when the outside air is cold. We all know every car is very sluggish in the heat, but if it impresses you in the heat imagine what it will be like when it’s cold.

you should come for a spirited drive in canberra middle of winter... you'd swear your driving an F1 :p lol

yfin
18-11-2007, 08:32 PM
We all know every car is very sluggish in the heat

Some cars are worse than others - in my experience the Euro is very different in hot weather compared to crisp weather. It is like a totally different car. Compare that to my SS and the difference is not that much in hot and cold. 3 years ago I started a thread about my Euro having a personality disorder - it is true!

aaronng
18-11-2007, 08:38 PM
The extreme Euro is supposed to do the 1/4 mile in 14.8ish seconds at 160km/h which is in line with the 350z and RX-8 but it didn't feel nearly as quick as the two. In terms of acceleration it felt closer to the Aurion Sportivo I drive at work (though not as torquey). I don't think there's anything wrong with comparing a stock V6 with a highly modded 4 cylinder car.

I don't believe that a stock 350z does a best of 14.8. A stock Euro does 15.2 in real life and the power to weight ratio of the 350z is much better.

sodaz
18-11-2007, 09:02 PM
You are losing the point I am afraid that I am trying to make. I am talking about cars that are normally in the same class and size of engine. Since your comment is that it is "nearly as quick" then I would say ...not bad for a 2.4 litre NA motor that normally on average might have max 110KW at the wheels (notice I said on average folks) The rotary I can not say much about since except that it is very quick and in comparrison of a motor well they are different being based on a low friction Rotary Motor with 1300CC but 170KW of power ...the 350Z is a Standard Engine 3.5L V6 @ 228.18KW @6800 engine .. but both built as sports cars......even if you compare the Aurion... 200KW V6 Engine..... if you compare the two as your are and you say it's close.. and also compare it to an Aurion at 200KW .... Then Jtune has done a great job...... even to be comparible to this car in perfomance.
It is a shame you did not get to drive it.... you should have asked the owner he let Tony drive it and you would have realised what is fully like :D

Also you gotta remember it was a 30 degree day and humid which also affects performance....

I don't really want to debate this any further as I think it's pointless. But to avoid further confusion, I mean that the RX-8 and 350z (not the revised model with 228kw) both feel a lot quicker than the Euro with the extreme package. The Aurion has 200kw but keep in mind that it's also a massive 240kg heavier than the Euro. Jtune has done a good job designing and manufacturing the hardware with the ECU to match it but in terms of raw performance it didn't quite meet my expectations.

I might have a very different impression if I had the car for a full day in winter but all I'm posting is my impressions of being a passenger in the car for a very short period of time.

EUR003act
18-11-2007, 09:09 PM
350Z only have around 155kw atw...

ill be topping that number very soon! lol

sodaz
18-11-2007, 09:11 PM
I don't believe that a stock 350z does a best of 14.8. A stock Euro does 15.2 in real life and the power to weight ratio of the 350z is much better.

A stock std manual Euro does the quarter in the mid to high 15s. The 350z usually does it in the mid to high 14s.

aaronng
18-11-2007, 09:17 PM
But to avoid further confusion, I mean that the RX-8 and 350z (not the revised model with 228kw) both feel a lot quicker than the Euro with the extreme package. The Aurion has 200kw but keep in mind that it's also a massive 240kg heavier than the Euro.

You answered yourself. The RX-8 and 350z have better power to weight ratios than the Euro, while the Aurion has an additional 60kW but is only 240kg heavier, also giving it a better power to weight ratio. That is why the Euro feels slower than these 3 cars, because it is.

sodaz
18-11-2007, 09:29 PM
You answered yourself. The RX-8 and 350z have better power to weight ratios than the Euro, while the Aurion has an additional 60kW but is only 240kg heavier, also giving it a better power to weight ratio. That is why the Euro feels slower than these 3 cars, because it is.

The Euro feels slower than the RX-8 and 350z but feels about the same as the Aurion (but not as torquey). Power to weight ratio is not a reliable way to determine how fast cars are. There are many other factors that come into play. Anyways I've said what I needed to say so I won't contribute anymore.

staryknight
18-11-2007, 09:29 PM
So the only reason the Euro is slow is because it’s a heavy large boat and not a race car.

akina
18-11-2007, 09:37 PM
I brought my euro coz of the looks ;) then I wanted it to go faster :D

Peekay34
18-11-2007, 09:43 PM

Actually read these so Aarong you are wrong based on these articles. But this of course is based on the US model.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=7&article_id=1112&page_number=1

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=4&article_id=460&page_number=2&preview=

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=18&article_id=3967&page_number=1

aaronng
18-11-2007, 09:44 PM
350Z only have around 155kw atw...

ill be topping that number very soon! lol

You can't compare numbers from different dynos. A 350z on a rolling road dyno pulling 155kW means a stock Euro put on the same dyno would show 105kW. Unless you get a gain of 50kW, the 350z will still be ahead.

aaronng
18-11-2007, 09:45 PM
A stock std manual Euro does the quarter in the mid to high 15s. The 350z usually does it in the mid to high 14s.

J-Toda got 15.2 on WSID. :) If you are getting your figures from magazines, you can't compare them to someone running it on the track. How brutal someone is on the launch and shifts will make more difference than 10kW of power.

Peekay34
18-11-2007, 09:47 PM
The Euro feels slower than the RX-8 and 350z but feels about the same as the Aurion (but not as torquey). Power to weight ratio is not a reliable way to determine how fast cars are. There are many other factors that come into play.

And Sodaz I support fully your comment above....:thumbsup: