PDA

View Full Version : wiring problems..

b-defekt
10-06-2004, 07:58 PM
Hey fellas.

Im at the stages of wiring my h22 on my 94 accord, i was wondering for those who have the h22 conversion..did u use ur exiswting harness and add more wiring on...or did u use the prelude wiring harness and match hem onto the accords...this wiring looks like a bitach to do...and tips to make this easier for me?

much regards

Brian Bui

Calvo
10-06-2004, 08:21 PM
pm cameron (h22a accord). he done it himself.

h22a accord
10-06-2004, 11:26 PM
did your stock engine come with VTEC or not, is so you are lucky, if not, you have to add l the wiring for VTEC selonoid and vtec pressure switch.

okay, i used the existing accord wiring harness all the plugs hooked bak up to the h22a in the engine bay except for a couple, I plugged it in to the new ecu.

i only had to lengthen the wire on the stock accord harness for two sensors in the engine bay ( IAC) middle top of inlet and IAT (passenger side on inlet manifold) the rest of the wires reached. You will have one wire left ( ECT switch B ), this will hang around under the distributor, this wire is not needed when using h22a ( it has a green plug) Also you have to swap pin A11 o2 sensor with A6 ( A6 has nothing in it.) at the ECU

what you will need to do is add wiring for the-
-knock sensor above oil filter on back of engine block red/blue, goes to pin D3 on ecu

-IAB (intake air bypass) on a black box under the intake manifold on back of engine block( pink wire) goes to pin A17 on ecu
IAB 12V black/yellow ( connect this to 12V)

my JDM h22a came with EGR ( exhaust gas recirculation) system on it. Something which the aussie 5th gens dont have. I wired them all up and routed the wiring back to the ecu but have yet to hook it up, it makes the car run a little rich and sometimes the CEL light comes on.

I have put up a pic of the new loom my mate made that connects to the knock sensor, IAB and EGR sytem. there is also the fast idle thermo valve sensor, which i have not hooked up.

when we tried to hook up the egr and the fast idle it took for ever then we started the car and it ran sooooo ferkin rich , the fuel was literally being spat out the exhaust and the motor would not rev over 6300 ( it was like the rev limiter was set at that. so we unplugged them aand it ran fine except for a rough idle and still running fairly rich ( this ended up being a vacuum hose hooked up wrong) and the rough idle is gone now.

the car runs fine, even with out EGR (which is basically electronic pollution gear) remember that the stock f22b engine never came with it.

Here is the h22a wiring digrams, what we did was pulled the h22a harness to bits and got the correct coloured wires including plugs that connect to the sensors and made the new loom with that, so for future people working on the car the colours would be the right ones if they refered to a wiring diagram.

If you have another ecu plug, get the metal pins out and join them to your new loom, then they will pop into the accord harness plug. you will see what i mean as you can open up the harness plug where it goes into the ecu. They can be tricky to get out, undo the plastic hinge on the plug and get a pointy tool ( like a big arse needle) and carefully get them out with a little force.

This the new loom, including plug in the middle of it that we mounted in the engine bay next to other plugs for that factory style look.

http://img73.photobucket.com/albums/v223/dtaila/new_wiring_loom.jpg

This is the new loom mounted in the engine bay
http://img73.photobucket.com/albums/v223/dtaila/new_wiring_loom2.jpg

The new wires that plugged into the correct spots on the loom plug
http://img73.photobucket.com/albums/v223/dtaila/new_wiring_loom3.jpg

Here is the pin out chart for the h22a ecu, for example, pin A6 is on the plug on the left hand side, 3rd from the right at the bottom. :P
http://img73.photobucket.com/albums/v223/dtaila/s3fdb992b81668.jpg

page one of the ecu wiring digrams

http://img73.photobucket.com/albums/v223/dtaila/s3fdb9a9a41ec2.jpg

page 2

http://img73.photobucket.com/albums/v223/dtaila/s3fdb9a76de6b3.jpg

page 3

http://img73.photobucket.com/albums/v223/dtaila/s3fdb9a605093a.jpg

sensor locations

http://img73.photobucket.com/albums/v223/dtaila/s3feb6e537ef50.jpg

vacuum hose diagram
http://img73.photobucket.com/albums/v223/dtaila/s3fdb9b22641a9.jpg

Anyway, make sure you use a soldering iron etc, none of this twist the wire together and wrap it in tape. I had an advantage as my best mate wires up cars and trucks all day long ( cb's, mobile phones,stereos etc) and is handy when it comes to this sort of shit.

A good way to check your sensors is to jump the ecu so you get the error codes on your check engine light. if u want to know more about this, let me know. ( it helped soooo much.) Most of the time, it will tell you what sensors arnt hooked up, but you might have dodgy sensor ( i was getting a code for the O2 sensor and i thought it was becuase i hooked it up to the ecu wrong- turned out the o2 sensor in the prelude 'A'" pipe was stuffed, so i swapped it for my accord one and that cleared the code.

When i jump my ecu ( all you need is a paper clip you know) i get 2 codes. EGR ( i know this is nothing major) and ELD ( electronic load detector) this is normal as the 5th gen aust spec accords dont have an ELD sensor ( which is part of the main fuse box where it should be. Once again, the JDM front cut had one and the JDM ecu hasnt got a signal from it...it and the fuse boxes are not interchangeble between the 2 cars. so it throws a code. this is nothing major either.

anywho, if you get stuck , let me know and i'll do my best to get you sorted. if u need an error code sheet for the h22a , let me know and i'll post it.

I almost went insane wiring up my h22a, it all looked so freaking complex but if u concentrate on on thing at a time u will eventually complete it and think "gee that wasnt that hard"

this might help you also.
http://www.accordwagonclub.com/5th_gen_swap.htm

Carn the H22A's :P

b-defekt
11-06-2004, 09:54 AM
hi h22a accord,

wow thanks alot for all that, very very apreciated. ^^
unfortunatly my accord is the EXI, so no vtec.
but with that detailed guide, I reckon things should be ok for me now.

Thanks alot for that mate,

regards

h22a accord
11-06-2004, 10:27 AM
hi h22a accord,

wow thanks alot for all that, very very apreciated. ^^
unfortunatly my accord is the EXI, so no vtec.
but with that detailed guide, I reckon things should be ok for me now.

Thanks alot for that mate,

regards

no worries maate,

here is the wiring digram for vtec. plus the error codes

VTEC Solenoid: Green/Yelllow on Prelude harness > Pin A4 on ECU
VTEC Pressure Switch: Light Blue on Prelude harness > Pin D6 on ECU
VTEC ground black/red > to ground somewhere.

http://img73.photobucket.com/albums/v223/dtaila/s3fdb9af907560.jpg

http://img73.photobucket.com/albums/v223/dtaila/s3fdb9911900cd.jpg

you gonna be at the sydney accord cruise?

Spoon-Accord
11-06-2004, 12:00 PM
another H22a accord..
dam i better think of something else fast :D

Ken

h22a accord
11-06-2004, 12:35 PM
another H22a accord..
dam i better think of something else fast :D

Ken

a couple of ricey stickers, thats 20 kw alone.

b-defekt
11-06-2004, 04:54 PM
hi guys,

thanks for that again h22 accord, just wat i neeeeeded.
im in Melbourne, and currently studyin, so unfortunatly i can't make it to the sydney cruise.

hehe u guys inspired me..i hope this h22 is worthwhile, my car has been off the road for 3 weeks.

thanks again.

regards

h22a accord
11-06-2004, 05:56 PM
did u do the engine conversion yourself? any hassles in doing it? are you running power steering and air con?

here is a run down of what i did i did.

Motor slots straight in with the accord mounts xcept for you use the prelude passenger side mount (with a very minor mod), power steer hose mod, you use the accord AC and alternator with a custom length 43" belt, use the prelude steer pump, prelude radiator hoses, accord radiator, prelude exhaust manifold and 'A' pipe, minor exhaust mod, prelude heater hoses with length cut out of them. Use the accord drive shafts and intermediate shaft. Use the accord gear shifter cables. Use all accord wiring loom ecept for one sensor thats not on the h22a. BUT!!! then you make a new loom for about 5-6 sensors on the h22a that arnt on the f22b and you run this loom through the fire wall back to the prelude ecu you are using and then the fun begins when you wire the ****er up

b-defekt
12-06-2004, 11:19 AM
hehe, yes im doing the conversion with help from afew mates...

heres my story.

ive got a manual exi 94 accord, and i picked up an auto front cut h22 for 900, and also i bought a seperate lsd gearbox for another 500...
I first unbolted the auto tranny and replaced that with the manual...

ecu issues were then my main concern, auto ecu..manual car...
but im gonna try and play with the ecu and maybe get it working temporary, or/and buy an aftermarket ecu and re-wire that.

apart from that..things went pretty smooth..removal of both engines were straight forward....find the nut...and unscrew it..slowly lift up the engine..any hoses/wires connected..label and remove...

putting the h22 into the accord was pretty easy..i was just worried about damagiing my firewall..but with alot of tilting and with each corner of the engine bay covered by onlookers..everything went sweet..

i also changd to the prelude suspension...also full brake system...

used accord drivshafts..

got my heavy duty clutch off the accord box..and bolted that onto the lsd prelude box...

bought 90 bucks worth of fluids, oils...

alot of KFC....

and now im sorting out wires...using your (h22a accord) wiring diagram..slowly getting there...

im hoping to be finished by either tonight..or tommorrow night.

im gonna be running with no filter, and ill be using the ludes exhaust..with some welding...

thats been my story....so far.

wow long post...

thanks for reading..

regards

h22a accord
12-06-2004, 01:00 PM
hehe, yes im doing the conversion with help from afew mates...

ecu issues were then my main concern, auto ecu..manual car...
but im gonna try and play with the ecu and maybe get it working temporary, or/and buy an aftermarket ecu and re-wire that.

you should be able to hunt down a P13 OBD1 JDM H22A Manual ecu. ebay america has plenty.

Unless your planning to turbo it or do some crazy other mod, your best bet will be getting the above ecu.

Im fairly sure your motor will run with the auto ecu, might not idle properly though. her is a pic of a manual and auto ecu for something of interest hehe.
http://www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/Library/ECU

i also changd to the prelude suspension...also full brake system...

how hard was it to change the suspension brakes? is it a straight forward swap? I have prelude suspension/brakes i want to put on my accord.

im gonna be running with no filter, and ill be using the ludes exhaust..with some welding...
Accord exhaust will fit. have to cut about 6 inches out of it behind the cat.

have fun mate. it be worth it.

b-defekt
12-06-2004, 04:02 PM
hi h22a accord..

can u please help me with someting..its getting dark..and i gotta hurry, ill tell u more when i got more time..gotta fit in as muchwork as i can.

afew qick questions..

when u say u used the accord wiring harness..did u mean the whole harness..meaning the one that connects to the ECU..and also the one that connects to the ENGINE itself..

or did u use only the part that connected to the ECU..but kepts the h22 one that came out of the engine..

i hope u understand wat i mean..

beacuse looking at ur iring diagrams...it seems the wires are different on my harness...

i knoe it is an auto harness..but i think we have established which is for te auto transmission control..etc..

the pins all seem different..should i be using the orignal accord harnes? even the one that comes out of the engine..
or do i mix and match..

can u give me any more details..on how u did ur wiring....this is by far the hardest part of this conversion..:(

hehe hope u can help me mate.

regards

h22a accord
12-06-2004, 08:46 PM
h22a accord..

can u please help me with someting..its getting dark..and i gotta hurry, ill tell u more when i got more time..gotta fit in as muchwork as i can.

afew qick questions..

when u say u used the accord wiring harness..did u mean the whole harness..meaning the one that connects to the ECU..and also the one that connects to the ENGINE itself..

-YES, thats what i mean, use the whole accord harness,leave it where it is, you will have to remove those plastic harness covers and run the loom under the inlet manifold. you will HAVE to make sure the harness goes as close to the underside of it ( you will need to undo the inlet/ block support mount. other wise it wont connect up to the h22a sensors ( the sensor wires that are already on the accord loom) and plug into the same sensors on the h22a that were on your old motor. I do not have any plastic covers on my loom anymore becuase it wouldnt reach with them on it.
Okay, every plug on the accord harness will reach (except for IACV and IAT, i had to lengthen these with new wire , i actually got it out of the prelude loom.) should clip where it has to,. Get creative and make it fit. I didnt even have to lengthen the alternator wires, i just cut off the factory loom wrap so the loom had enough slack to reach the plugs, i even tucked in the alt wires into the cover that fits on top of the tappet cover.( see picture below.)

or did u use only the part that connected to the ECU..but kepts the h22 one that came out of the engine..

like i said, i used the accord harness, i didnt remove it from the car at all. The accord harness plugged straight into the prelude ecu.

beacuse looking at ur iring diagrams...it seems the wires are different on my harness...

yes the wire colours are different on the prelude wiring digrams, I discovered that too, this is becuase its a prelude wiring diagram, not an accord wiring digram , some wires are the same but some are different and it makes it seem alot more complex than it really is. , that is one of the main reasons why i couldnt hook up the egr and fast idle sensors to the ecu proberly ( obviously, cos when we tried we ****ed it up so we just left them off)

all you need to concentrate on is getting the wiring from the IAB, the knock sensor and the o2 sensor the the correct locations on the ecu. I pulled the H22a harness to bits and got the wiring and plugs (with plugs still intact to the wires) for the IAB, IAB positive, knock, EGR and fast idle thermo valve, and in your case, vtec pressure, vtec selonoid and vtec ground, ** any grounding required ( vtec ground )for these sensors can be carried out by screwing them into the floor pan near the ecu and find a 12v constant on the wiring loom at the ecu and attach the IAB positive to that. just splice it in. ** read above post and you will see what the colours are etc. Now, get all this wiring for these sensors, and make it into a loom, make sure that all the wires are long enogh to reach the sensors and you need them to plug into of the h22a and that it will also reach back through the grommet in the passenger side of the fire wall to the ecu. remember the earlier pic of the new loom i made? well, it should look like something like that. this loom is only for the sensors on the h22a that have not been connected, these are the onlt sensors you have to worry about.

i knoe it is an auto harness..but i think we have established which is for te auto transmission control..etc..

okay, if you have established what ones are for the auto harness, thats cool. do what you have to do for that, i honestly dont know whats required in swapping it from auto to manual as i was doin a manual to manual conversion. Im fairly sure though, your accord harness should plug straight into the prelude computer.

the pins all seem different..should i be using the orignal accord harnes? even the one that comes out of the engine..
or do i mix and match..

you are reading into things too much, you are probably getting caught up in the fact that certain wires in the ecu pins are different colours to the ones in the diagram. just find the correct locations for the sensors that need connecting, pull the h22a loom apart and find the wires needed. For example, pink for IAB, you run that wire, ( in your new loom that you have made from the IAB down to pin A17 , its the 5th one from the left at the top if your looking at the plug 'A' on the chart i posted earlier.

so, basically, all you are doing for the wiring on this conversion, is using the complete Accord harness but then you make a seperate harness consisting of the wiring needed for the sensors that are on the h22a that are not on the old motor. you connect all the wires on this loom to all the sensors except the egr and fast idle thermo valve ones.

the accord harness has the capablities to put these new wires into it, so when you plug in your ecu harness plugs with the new wiring added, the sensors will now be connected.

if you look in your prelude harness ecu plugs, you will see the correct coloured wires in the correct locations for the sensors you are adding. All you need to do is take out those tiny little ecu plug pins, and put them into the accord harness plug in the same location as they came out of the prelude plug.

I know this is the hardest part of the conversion, it all seems very confusing until you have it sorted, it took us about 10 hours from pulling the prelude harness to bits, getting the correct sensors and wires and making up a new seperate harness with them and then connecting it up to the required sensors and back to the right pins on the ecu.

And please, dont rush it, take your time okay, you only have to do this once, once you have done it correctly , that is it, its finished okay. So, take your time, sleep on it if u wish, or just stop pulling your hair out getting frustrated etc and leave it for a couple of days , sometimes things seem so much clearer after that. If u rush, you might stuff it up and all that means is even more work!!!!

heres that pic of the motor, you can see where the alternator wiring goes under the plastic cover that clips in to the tappet cover on the passenger side of the motor.

mate, stick at it, you will get there. i have told you as much as i know, if you dont understand any part of it, let me know and i will do my best to help you.

cheers, cam.

p.s you owe me a few bourbons ok. :P

http://img73.photobucket.com/albums/v223/dtaila/dashizzle.jpg

CHU85
12-06-2004, 09:47 PM
the transplant won't be wat u think it is. ie not that fast.
Think about it, its just a prelude engine in an accord. Probably slower than a prelude cos accords are heavier. Its abit of fun and hassles at most. Trust me i know cos now my car has been off the road for a year now.
Have fun though!

h22a accord
13-06-2004, 04:31 AM
the transplant won't be wat u think it is. ie not that fast.
Think about it, its just a prelude engine in an accord. Probably slower than a prelude cos accords are heavier. Its abit of fun and hassles at most. Trust me i know cos now my car has been off the road for a year now.
Have fun though!

i did my conversion myself (BTW in not a mechanic) and i took my time with it cos i had another car to drive whilst doing it
i pulled my f22b out of my engine bay on the 28/01/04, pulled the engine out of the front cut on the 06/02/04, i had the engine bolted in on the 19/02/04 and had it drivable by the saturday 01/03/04,

so, a little bit over a month of fairly laid back work. Bit of a shame though, that it took me a month to get the frontcut ( got it on new years eve) and a month for me to sort out what shit i had to do before i actually started pulling anything apart and then find the time to do it, so in otherwords, it was more like a 3 month conversion.

CHU85
14-06-2004, 03:15 PM
yep thats it. If u did it with some mates it would've only taken about a weekend.

h22a accord
14-06-2004, 05:41 PM
yep thats it. If u did it with some mates it would've only taken about a weekend.

i would agree with that if all i was doing was taking out the f22b and putting the same of another f22b back into it.

As some mods were required for the h22a conversion and that I was basically going into the whole swap with information i found on the internet, even if i had a few mates to help me, i couldnt have possibly done it in a weekend.

In fact, changing the motor was the easy bit. wiring it up was more difficult.

if i had to do it again, im sure if i did have a few mates and all the parts needed including the custom power steer hose, custom alternator belt, access to an exhaust shop,air con gassing facilities and a full mechanic workshop it might be a possible to do the swap in a weekend with out much sleep :P

b-defekt
14-06-2004, 07:17 PM
hi guys

cam, thanks againnn, for all the help...

i definatly went the wrong direction for the wiring..but after ur post..it all seemed so much easier.

problems i faced this time was..
1. My friend rushed pulling out the h22 loom and broke the knock sensor plug.
so im gonna have to buy a new one tommorrow.

2. EGR..very confusing stuff...i just left it...

3. swapping the A6 pin with the A11 pin and vice versa..i replaced A11 with A6 but left A6 empty on the pin. because of EGR

overall everything went pretty well for me today..all the wires are plugged up and i even started the car..(without an exhaust and also no filter)

it was so loud.. sounded like a v8 because of the eratic idle and no exhaust..the rpm meter was going crazy...

havent drivin it yet..cause still gotta adjust the dizzy...
im hoping to fully finish my conversion by next saturday.

to answer some of ur questions..

yeh i am currently running p/s and a/c...
no cruise control cause my car was exi model..

the suspension and brakes etc. bolted right up...(thats wat my friend claimed cause he did that while i was sorting out some wiring)

thanks again for all ur help.
i definatly owe u a slab...

regards

Brian

b-defekt
14-06-2004, 07:29 PM
cam, sorry a quick question..

i think i got my spark plug leads connected wrong..

can u please have a look at urs and tell me which order they go into the distributer..

dizzy looks like this..

0 0

can u tell me for example..1st lead..top or bottom..etc.

thanks again

Brian

b-defekt
14-06-2004, 07:30 PM
ignore the picture..dunno wat i was thinkin...didnt come out right..

CHU85
14-06-2004, 09:15 PM

i would agree with that if all i was doing was taking out the f22b and putting the same of another f22b back into it.

As some mods were required for the h22a conversion and that I was basically going into the whole swap with information i found on the internet, even if i had a few mates to help me, i couldnt have possibly done it in a weekend.

In fact, changing the motor was the easy bit. wiring it up was more difficult.

if i had to do it again, im sure if i did have a few mates and all the parts needed including the custom power steer hose, custom alternator belt, access to an exhaust shop,air con gassing facilities and a full mechanic workshop it might be a possible to do the swap in a weekend with out much sleep :P

Yeah i know wat u mean about all the stuffing around. How come u had to get custom power steering and and alternator belt? I didn't recall doin that. After it was in i only had to wait till the muffler shop to open so i could weld up the exhaust.

So how is the car goin anyways?

h22a accord
15-06-2004, 10:38 AM
cam, sorry a quick question..

i think i got my spark plug leads connected wrong..

can u please have a look at urs and tell me which order they go into the distributer..

dizzy looks like this..

0 0

can u tell me for example..1st lead..top or bottom..etc.

thanks again

Brian

starting at the bottom of the dizzy it goes in a clockwise motion 1-3-4-2, the timing mark for the motor is on the flywheel, pull out the rubber plug near where the engine number is stamped. JDM prelude timing is 15 degrees BTC @ 700rpm

h22a accord
15-06-2004, 10:58 AM
[quote="CHU85

Yeah i know wat u mean about all the stuffing around. How come u had to get custom power steering and and alternator belt? I didn't recall doin that. After it was in i only had to wait till the muffler shop to open so i could weld up the exhaust.

So how is the car goin anyways?[/quote]

i used the prelude power steering pump, the accord power steering hose will not fit, had to pull out both the accord hose and prelude hose at the steering rack and get the yop half of the lude hose connected to lower half of accord hose to enable it to bolt up to the prelude pump.

I used a standard prelude power steer belt.

I used the h22a pully that came on the motor, the accord a/c compressor and accord alternator. using if i remember correctly, the accord a/c compressor mount and parts of prelude and accord alternator mount.
i had to do it this way as this was the only way it would bolt up.

Neither the prelude or accord belts would fit so i bought a 43" belt and it fit perfect.

car is going really well. still could do with more power but compared to f22b its a hell of an improvement. Now i have some rubber on the front i can drive in dry weather without spinning them up too easily.

b-defekt
17-06-2004, 01:29 PM
thanks for that cam,

the car idles really funny..but other then that, it goes pretty well...probably something to do with EGR, but should be okay for now.

vtec kicks in at 4000ish? im not 100% sure, cause my speedo is alittle off, but damn u can feel it kick in.

cuts off at around 7000ish...again i reckon its the speedo's off accuracy..

funny enough, the auto ECU works without any modification to it at all...

im going to pick up the knock sensor for $77 bucks today..not sure if thats cheap or not, but im desperate for one.

thanks for ya help again, couldnt have done it without u mate.

regards

Brian

h22a accord
17-06-2004, 05:55 PM
i recall reading somewhere that an auto ecu will give you idle probs. although, it may be a vacuum leak or vacuum hoses conneced to the wrong places. I had a bad idle and the main problem was that i bypassed the EGR control selonoid valve and the EGR vacuum control valve.

you will notice that this comes with 3 hard vacuum lines and one hose connects to it on the passenger side of the inlet manifold and to the egr vacuum control valve and the other hose connects from the egr control selonoid valve to the vacuum pipe running along the top of the injector clip from the egr valve lift sensor.

look at the vacuum diagram previous page.

like i said , i had by passed this cos i hadnt connected any of the ECR wires to the ECU and instead ran the vacuum hose straight from the egr valve lift sensor into the inlet manifold. it gave be a bad idle and i thought it was the ELD-electrical load detector cos in my haynes manual, it said a disconnected ELD would give you a bad idle.

4000rpm for vtec sounds low. Mines at 5300rpm. could be the auto ecu doing that?

mines cuts out at 7800 but if you bounce it, the needle will bounce of 8000rpm.

have you jumped the ecu to get error codes yet?

b-defekt
19-06-2004, 12:39 PM
gday cam,

today, i was just mixing and matching plugs, and i relalised that i had mixed up 2 plugs, i dont even remember it was the knock sensor and another one..hey were swapped around..bad mistake on my part..but after switching them, the car is fine now the idle is pretty much perfect. although the engine light is still on...

how do i check for error codes?

i cant seem to find the LED...

car is pretty much 100%

and i got a CAI coming over on monday from japan...

although fustrating, in the end his has been pretty fun doing it urself...

thanks for the help..

regards

h22a accord
19-06-2004, 03:50 PM
have a look under the glove box, down in the foot well, on the side closest to the passenger door, there will be a bright blue plug looking thing , squeeze the clips holding it up there. Now, there is 2 plugs that clip into the the thing you just removed from under the dash. take out the smaller of the 2. the smaller on has 2 wires on it, or 2 plugs compared ot the onter one with 3.

now, get a paper clip, bend it into a tight 'U' shape and stick both ends into it.

this is called 'jumping' the ecu. now, turn on your ignition on and watch the light show.

for a better explanation with pictures go here. be sure to print off a copy of the error codes i posted previously in this thread.

wynode
19-06-2004, 04:36 PM
Gotta say this is very informative.......well done h22a accord!

If you want me to host these images more permanently on OH shoot me a PM and I'll do the rest (with your premission).

-WIn

h22a accord
19-06-2004, 06:03 PM
regarding my last post, i forgot to include a link from www.hondapitstop.com this link will get you sorted for the error codes

http://www.hondapitstop.com/accord/technotes1/engine/error_codes/error_codes.html

if anyone wants to check this out, its a link to my car page with a link to a diary with pics of my conversion.

courtesy of hondapitstop.com

http://www.hondapitstop.com/member_rides/hondarides/accord_rides/1994_accord_rides/dtaila_cam/dtaila_cam.html

i wrote the notes on it whilst tired and sometimes drunk, even now, i read through them and there are a few inacuracies in the wiring notes lol. I just sent them to hondapitstop and they did the rest.

Have no fear, what i posted earlier in this thread is the real mc coy.