Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hey fellas.

Im at the stages of wiring my h22 on my 94 accord, i was wondering for those who have the h22 conversion..did u use ur exiswting harness and add more wiring on...or did u use the prelude wiring harness and match hem onto the accords...this wiring looks like a bitach to do...and tips to make this easier for me?

much regards

Brian Bui

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    pm cameron (h22a accord). he done it himself.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    did your stock engine come with VTEC or not, is so you are lucky, if not, you have to add l the wiring for VTEC selonoid and vtec pressure switch.

okay, i used the existing accord wiring harness all the plugs hooked bak up to the h22a in the engine bay except for a couple, I plugged it in to the new ecu.

i only had to lengthen the wire on the stock accord harness for two sensors in the engine bay ( IAC) middle top of inlet and IAT (passenger side on inlet manifold) the rest of the wires reached. You will have one wire left ( ECT switch B ), this will hang around under the distributor, this wire is not needed when using h22a ( it has a green plug) Also you have to swap pin A11 o2 sensor with A6 ( A6 has nothing in it.) at the ECU

what you will need to do is add wiring for the-
    -knock sensor above oil filter on back of engine block red/blue, goes to pin D3 on ecu

-IAB (intake air bypass) on a black box under the intake manifold on back of engine block( pink wire) goes to pin A17 on ecu
    IAB 12V black/yellow ( connect this to 12V)

my JDM h22a came with EGR ( exhaust gas recirculation) system on it. Something which the aussie 5th gens dont have. I wired them all up and routed the wiring back to the ecu but have yet to hook it up, it makes the car run a little rich and sometimes the CEL light comes on.

I have put up a pic of the new loom my mate made that connects to the knock sensor, IAB and EGR sytem. there is also the fast idle thermo valve sensor, which i have not hooked up.

when we tried to hook up the egr and the fast idle it took for ever then we started the car and it ran sooooo ferkin rich , the fuel was literally being spat out the exhaust and the motor would not rev over 6300 ( it was like the rev limiter was set at that. so we unplugged them aand it ran fine except for a rough idle and still running fairly rich ( this ended up being a vacuum hose hooked up wrong) and the rough idle is gone now.

the car runs fine, even with out EGR (which is basically electronic pollution gear) remember that the stock f22b engine never came with it.

Here is the h22a wiring digrams, what we did was pulled the h22a harness to bits and got the correct coloured wires including plugs that connect to the sensors and made the new loom with that, so for future people working on the car the colours would be the right ones if they refered to a wiring diagram.

If you have another ecu plug, get the metal pins out and join them to your new loom, then they will pop into the accord harness plug. you will see what i mean as you can open up the harness plug where it goes into the ecu. They can be tricky to get out, undo the plastic hinge on the plug and get a pointy tool ( like a big arse needle) and carefully get them out with a little force.

This the new loom, including plug in the middle of it that we mounted in the engine bay next to other plugs for that factory style look.

This is the new loom mounted in the engine bay

The new wires that plugged into the correct spots on the loom plug

Here is the pin out chart for the h22a ecu, for example, pin A6 is on the plug on the left hand side, 3rd from the right at the bottom. :P

page one of the ecu wiring digrams

page 2

page 3

sensor locations

vacuum hose diagram

Anyway, make sure you use a soldering iron etc, none of this twist the wire together and wrap it in tape. I had an advantage as my best mate wires up cars and trucks all day long ( cb's, mobile phones,stereos etc) and is handy when it comes to this sort of shit.

A good way to check your sensors is to jump the ecu so you get the error codes on your check engine light. if u want to know more about this, let me know. ( it helped soooo much.) Most of the time, it will tell you what sensors arnt hooked up, but you might have dodgy sensor ( i was getting a code for the O2 sensor and i thought it was becuase i hooked it up to the ecu wrong- turned out the o2 sensor in the prelude 'A'" pipe was stuffed, so i swapped it for my accord one and that cleared the code.

When i jump my ecu ( all you need is a paper clip you know) i get 2 codes. EGR ( i know this is nothing major) and ELD ( electronic load detector) this is normal as the 5th gen aust spec accords dont have an ELD sensor ( which is part of the main fuse box where it should be. Once again, the JDM front cut had one and the JDM ecu hasnt got a signal from it...it and the fuse boxes are not interchangeble between the 2 cars. so it throws a code. this is nothing major either.

anywho, if you get stuck , let me know and i'll do my best to get you sorted. if u need an error code sheet for the h22a , let me know and i'll post it.

I almost went insane wiring up my h22a, it all looked so freaking complex but if u concentrate on on thing at a time u will eventually complete it and think "gee that wasnt that hard"

this might help you also.
    http://www.accordwagonclub.com/5th_gen_swap.htm

Carn the H22A's :P

hi h22a accord,

wow thanks alot for all that, very very apreciated. ^^
    unfortunatly my accord is the EXI, so no vtec.
    but with that detailed guide, I reckon things should be ok for me now.

Thanks alot for that mate,

regards

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    Quote Originally Posted by b-defekt
    hi h22a accord,

wow thanks alot for all that, very very apreciated. ^^
    unfortunatly my accord is the EXI, so no vtec.
    but with that detailed guide, I reckon things should be ok for me now.

Thanks alot for that mate,

regards

no worries maate,

here is the wiring digram for vtec. plus the error codes

VTEC Solenoid: Green/Yelllow on Prelude harness > Pin A4 on ECU
    VTEC Pressure Switch: Light Blue on Prelude harness > Pin D6 on ECU
    VTEC ground black/red > to ground somewhere.

you gonna be at the sydney accord cruise?

Member Array
    Car:
    datsun 200b
    another H22a accord..
    dam i better think of something else fast

Ken
    VTEC+Turbo=dirty underpants

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon-Accord
    another H22a accord..
    dam i better think of something else fast

Ken
    a couple of ricey stickers, thats 20 kw alone.

hi guys,

thanks for that again h22 accord, just wat i neeeeeded.
    im in Melbourne, and currently studyin, so unfortunatly i can't make it to the sydney cruise.

hehe u guys inspired me..i hope this h22 is worthwhile, my car has been off the road for 3 weeks.

thanks again.

regards

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    did u do the engine conversion yourself? any hassles in doing it? are you running power steering and air con?

here is a run down of what i did i did.

Motor slots straight in with the accord mounts xcept for you use the prelude passenger side mount (with a very minor mod), power steer hose mod, you use the accord AC and alternator with a custom length 43" belt, use the prelude steer pump, prelude radiator hoses, accord radiator, prelude exhaust manifold and 'A' pipe, minor exhaust mod, prelude heater hoses with length cut out of them. Use the accord drive shafts and intermediate shaft. Use the accord gear shifter cables. Use all accord wiring loom ecept for one sensor thats not on the h22a. BUT!!! then you make a new loom for about 5-6 sensors on the h22a that arnt on the f22b and you run this loom through the fire wall back to the prelude ecu you are using and then the fun begins when you wire the ****er up

hehe, yes im doing the conversion with help from afew mates...

heres my story.

ive got a manual exi 94 accord, and i picked up an auto front cut h22 for 900, and also i bought a seperate lsd gearbox for another 500...
    I first unbolted the auto tranny and replaced that with the manual...

ecu issues were then my main concern, auto ecu..manual car...
    but im gonna try and play with the ecu and maybe get it working temporary, or/and buy an aftermarket ecu and re-wire that.

apart from that..things went pretty smooth..removal of both engines were straight forward....find the nut...and unscrew it..slowly lift up the engine..any hoses/wires connected..label and remove...

putting the h22 into the accord was pretty easy..i was just worried about damagiing my firewall..but with alot of tilting and with each corner of the engine bay covered by onlookers..everything went sweet..

i also changd to the prelude suspension...also full brake system...

used accord drivshafts..

got my heavy duty clutch off the accord box..and bolted that onto the lsd prelude box...

bought 90 bucks worth of fluids, oils...

alot of KFC....

and now im sorting out wires...using your (h22a accord) wiring diagram..slowly getting there...

im hoping to be finished by either tonight..or tommorrow night.

im gonna be running with no filter, and ill be using the ludes exhaust..with some welding...

thats been my story....so far.

wow long post...

thanks for reading..

regards

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    Quote Originally Posted by b-defekt
    hehe, yes im doing the conversion with help from afew mates...

ecu issues were then my main concern, auto ecu..manual car...
    but im gonna try and play with the ecu and maybe get it working temporary, or/and buy an aftermarket ecu and re-wire that.

you should be able to hunt down a P13 OBD1 JDM H22A Manual ecu. ebay america has plenty.

Unless your planning to turbo it or do some crazy other mod, your best bet will be getting the above ecu.

Im fairly sure your motor will run with the auto ecu, might not idle properly though. her is a pic of a manual and auto ecu for something of interest hehe.

http://www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/Library/ECU

i also changd to the prelude suspension...also full brake system...

how hard was it to change the suspension brakes? is it a straight forward swap? I have prelude suspension/brakes i want to put on my accord.

im gonna be running with no filter, and ill be using the ludes exhaust..with some welding...
    Accord exhaust will fit. have to cut about 6 inches out of it behind the cat.

have fun mate. it be worth it.

hi h22a accord..

can u please help me with someting..its getting dark..and i gotta hurry, ill tell u more when i got more time..gotta fit in as muchwork as i can.

afew qick questions..

when u say u used the accord wiring harness..did u mean the whole harness..meaning the one that connects to the ECU..and also the one that connects to the ENGINE itself..

or did u use only the part that connected to the ECU..but kepts the h22 one that came out of the engine..

i hope u understand wat i mean..

beacuse looking at ur iring diagrams...it seems the wires are different on my harness...

i knoe it is an auto harness..but i think we have established which is for te auto transmission control..etc..

the pins all seem different..should i be using the orignal accord harnes? even the one that comes out of the engine..
    or do i mix and match..

can u give me any more details..on how u did ur wiring....this is by far the hardest part of this conversion..

hehe hope u can help me mate.

regards