Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries

FAQ and Master Sticky - CHECK HERE BEFORE POSTING

I've created this thread as a central point for finding information about the site, it's rules, how to use it and why we've decided on certain rules.

Firstly here is a list of stickies that you'll find useful.

If the above doesn't help you then here is a list of FAQs and hopefully it will reduce the number of questions that get asked repeatedly. I've tried to break it up to sections as best as possible.
    Last edited by wynode; 20-08-2009 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Ozhonda Blogs link removed

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries

Information for new users

Information for new users

Q: I can't signup with / change my email address to a hotmail/gmail/yahoo (or any free web based) email address. Why?
    This is in an effort to stop people signing up just to create trouble/spam and also to keep bots off the site. It can be a bit of a hassle however is for the overall good of the forum. You can use your ISPs (Internet Service Provider) email address or any non-free/non-web based email address to signup. Please do not contact me asking to have an account created for you OR to make an exception as it will not happen!

Q: I'm not sure were i should post a thread who do i ask?
    The forum layout is quite explanatory (we hope!). If you are a new user (ie new to cars) then use the Noob forum. If it is a question regarding a particular model then use the Model Specific forum. If the question has to do with more than one modle (for example you're talking about a Civic with a B18C integra engine) then you may use the Technical forum. If in doubt you can either PM the moderator of the forum you think your thread belongs to or post a question in the Site Discussion forum.

Q: What are the Ozhonda Terms and Conditions (T&C) and where can I re-read them?
    The Ozhonda T&C are the basic rules which goven the site. On signup these rules are available to view and by registering you agree to obide by these rules. The link to the rules can be found at the bottom of every page under "Privacy Statement". If at any stage you do not agree with these rules you may PM an administrator and they will disable your account for you.
    Last edited by wynode; 30-06-2009 at 09:57 PM.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries

General Forum Usage

General Forum Usage

Q: How do I edit the title of one of my threads after it's been posted?
    Editing the title of your thread is quite simple. Simply click to edit the first post of your thread (make sure you are in the "Advanced Edit" (not the quick edit) and then edit the title of the first post. This will update the thread title also. There is a time limit of 6 months for updating your thread title.

Q: What is a "PQ point" (also known as "Reputation")?

A: PQ points are points you get from other users when you make a technically helpful post. More information on the system can be found here.

Q: What do I do if I find a thread/post that is offensive?
    A: The first thing to do is to report the post using the "Report Post" icon that is found in each post. This sends an email to the moderator of that particular forum and he/she will act as appropriate to that particular post. Note that moderators (although online) do not contiunally check their email. If you haven't got a response then PM the moderator of that particular forum (or alternatively PM a currently online moderator if it is urgent).

Q: Who are the moderators and administrators?
    If you need to contact a moderator your first point of contact is the moderator of the particular forum where you are having a problem. Moderators assigned to a particular forum are listed on the right hand side column in the forum index. If you need to contact an administrator for a specific reason then either PM myself (wynode) or bennjamin. NOTE that you should ONLY PM an administrator if a moderator has asked you to because it is something out of their control. Simple requests sent to Administrators will be ingored.

Q: How can I increase my PM /attachment / gallery quota and what is an Ozhonda Subscriber?
    See this thread for more information.

Q: How can I become a moderator?
    The way moderators are selected is as follows. Firstly the existing moderators / admins will decide if new moderators are required. If so, they are allowed to nominate members they feel are appropriate for the role. Once the nominations are in the existing moderators take a vote (via a POLL).

Q: I just got an 'Infraction'. What is it and how do I get rid of it?
    An infraction is similar to the demerit system used on roads. It was implemented in an effort to reduce moderator 'bias' during the moderating process. If you get an infraction do not stress as it is not the end of the world. Quite often you will only get only a warning. It really is quite hard to get banned unless you repeatedly go out of your way to cause trouble. More details on the infractions system can be found here (including how many points before you get banned etc).

Q: How do I report a post?
    If you come across a post that a moderator might have missed then use the report post button within that post to report it. It is found on the left of the post next to your online/offline status and looks like this
    Last edited by wynode; 19-12-2010 at 07:06 AM.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries

Selling, Advertising and Trading

Selling, Advertising and Trading

Q: Why can't I post anything for sale in the Marketplace section?
    A: If you have the title "Newcomer" under your username it means you cannot sell items in the Marketplace section. Not until your title changes to "Member" can you sell items. Your title automatically changes to "Member" when you have 1 PQ point and have been registered for 90 days.

Q: Can I advertise things for sale in my signature?
    A: No. Signature advertising is no longer allowed. You can link items that you have for sale on Ozhonda but no other advertising is allowed. Use common sense and if you're still unsure see this thread for more information. Else ask a moderator.

Q: How can I be a trader on Ozhonda and are there costs involved?
    Yes there is a nominal fee to be a Trader on Ozhonda. There also is a screening process (due to popular demand) so send an email to the email listed in the description of the "Trader" forum in the forum index with a brief description of the items you have on offer and you will get a response.

Q: Can I sell non-Honda items in the Marketplace?
    No. The Ozhonda marketplace is purely for private member sales of Honda related items. This topic has come up many times before so please do not make a new thread asking the same question
    Last edited by wynode; 26-06-2010 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Changed text "when you have 1 PQ point and have been registered for 90 days."