PDA

View Full Version : xcarlink Ipod/USB for Euro

Pages : [1] 2

ENVSSS
30-09-2007, 09:36 PM
I just purchased this USB/SD adaptor for my Euro.

www.xcarlink.com.au

Has anyone else got this one? I did a few searches and noticed that the Desion IceLink was a popular option for the Euro. However I decided that the usb would be more beneficial to me as I like the flexibily of being able to add or change my music through any computer and quickly. The unit also supports playlists and still retains the steering wheel controls.

I'll let you know how it goes when installed.

EUR003act
30-09-2007, 10:27 PM
sounds awesome buddy, keeps us informed :)

id be keen to see how it goes...

Suntzu
01-10-2007, 08:30 AM
that looks sweet. i dont own an ipod so would rather a usb stick interface. audio quality??

Antonio 84
01-10-2007, 11:57 AM
That looks awesome. Do you still have the full CD stacker function using CD's after this is installed? ie. if the USB/SD is not plugged in, will you be able to play CD's as normal?

BiLL|z0r
01-10-2007, 01:22 PM
I'd be interested to see if when you turn the car off does it start from the beginning again. I've got 1 of those radio tuner usb players and it starts from the beginning of the playlist each time you start the car which is a pain especially when you drive lots of short trips all the time as you only get a few songs in and start again.

ENVSSS
01-10-2007, 01:25 PM
You can still use the normal CD mode, the CD/Aux button toggles between the CD and the USB. As far as the playlist starting from the begining when you turn the car off that's a good point, never thought of that.:eek:

I should have it installed by Wednesday, I'll let you know.

crinchi
01-10-2007, 05:27 PM
ive actualli got this installed a couple of months back.... its quite handy to quickli transfer music from ur pc to the car....

the sound quality is better than i expected but isnt as good quality as a cd... the bass starts to distort a bit if u have it too high... but the rest is pretti much fine... and also it onli takes mp3 format i think so far i know of.. cuz it doesnt play wma or m4a files

ENVSSS
01-10-2007, 05:38 PM
Cool. So does the music start from the start when you turn the car off and back on or does it resume from the current song being played? I did a few searches and most of the websites said that the lastest version supported WMA. Maybe not...

crinchi
01-10-2007, 06:22 PM
It resumes to the same song.. like wat it does with the cds.... and bout the wma playback... maybe cuz i had the song under a chinese name, and it doesnt read it properli.. but m4a codec im certain cant be played..

Suntzu
01-10-2007, 07:34 PM
So you do get the name of the song from the ID tag in the display??

king9
02-10-2007, 01:21 AM
So you do get the name of the song from the ID tag in the display??

with the sat nav?

sitta
02-10-2007, 08:30 AM
That looks awesome. Do you still have the full CD stacker function using CD's after this is installed? ie. if the USB/SD is not plugged in, will you be able to play CD's as normal?

I recently bought this off ebay for my CTR hasnt arrived yet. I bought the ipod adapter. I dont think you can use this if you have the cd stacker since this thing plug into the cd stacker plug at the back of the radio. They do sell a two input into 1 output so that you can use both the stacker and the ipod adapter but i heard this thing cost heaps. Ill let you guys know when i installed mine, should be arriving sometimes this week and installing it in a free weekend:thumbsup:

ENVSSS
02-10-2007, 09:25 AM
I recently bought this off ebay for my CTR hasnt arrived yet. I bought the ipod adapter. I dont think you can use this if you have the cd stacker since this thing plug into the cd stacker plug at the back of the radio. They do sell a two input into 1 output so that you can use both the stacker and the ipod adapter but i heard this thing cost heaps. Ill let you guys know when i installed mine, should be arriving sometimes this week and installing it in a free weekend:thumbsup:

I think he is refering to the factory in dash CD changer

king9
03-10-2007, 06:13 PM
would this work with the 06' sat nav.?

thanks

ENVSSS
03-10-2007, 08:48 PM
would this work with the 06' sat nav.?

thanks

I believe it does. I did a few google searches on it before buying and there was someone in the UK with an Accord with SatNav and it worked fine.

king9
04-10-2007, 01:50 PM
http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=805&highlight=xcarlink&mforum=sp4rks

heres a DIY for the 06' Navi.

seems pretty simple.

Suntzu
04-10-2007, 02:01 PM
anyone got theirs going yet? Im interested in audio quality

UPDATE: Bugger it. I just ordered it! seehowshegoes...:)

ENVSSS
04-10-2007, 03:34 PM
I received mine today (at work at the moment), will have it installed by 7.

Suntzu
04-10-2007, 03:39 PM
How many days since you ordered it?

Im wondering if I can work out how to install it. I have the CD rom manual but no experience.

ENVSSS
04-10-2007, 03:43 PM
Took two days, usually overnight. I will post a few pics, looks very easy to install. Four Screws and a few clips.

ENVSSS
04-10-2007, 08:35 PM
All in and working fine, very happy. Quite easy to install and sound quality is actually better then I expected!

This youtube video helped a fair bit;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xm8b4WXCmQ

It is of an Icelink install into a US Accord. The only differences with ours is the shift knob removal and the connection for the unit is actually on the underside of the head unit so there's no need for the mirror. I decided to place mine in the glovebox and easily routed the cable through the right hand side. Very easy, no need to cut or drill anything. I didn't worry about disconnecting the battery either. Whole install took approx 20 minutes.

The only problem I came across with the unit was that it didn't like my Sandisk USB drive. I think it might have had something to do with the built in security software on the drive, who knows...

Suntzu
05-10-2007, 02:32 PM
OK.

Mine arrivied. i think I can install it but I have a few questions:

A) Do I leave the unit in behind the dash and re-route the usb lead somewhere like the glove or centre compartment?
B) Did you tape the usb lead to the box as it doesn't feel very secure?
C) If you route the USB lead to the centre console or glove do you have to drill a usb sized hole??
D) Is it possible to put the unit itself in the centre console or glove and not use the usb extention?

Ie what did you guys do?

ENVSSS
05-10-2007, 03:25 PM
OK.

Mine arrivied. i think I can install it but I have a few questions:

A) Do I leave the unit in behind the dash and re-route the usb lead somewhere like the glove or centre compartment?
B) Did you tape the usb lead to the box as it doesn't feel very secure?
C) If you route the USB lead to the centre console or glove do you have to drill a usb sized hole??
D) Is it possible to put the unit itself in the centre console or glove and not use the usb extention?

Ie what did you guys do?

A) I didn't use the USB extension cable. The main unit is in the glovebox and the wire harness goes straight into the head unit.
B)I secured mine on the back inside the glovebox with velcro (the ones with sticky stuff on the underside).
C)If you route the USB lead to the centre console you will need to drill a hole. The glovebox will be fine.
D)YES. My take on the extension cable if for the connection to the PC in the case that the USB on the PC is located on the back. In this case you can use the extension cable without having to reach the back of the PC to plug in your USB drive.

Suntzu
05-10-2007, 03:31 PM
Awesome. Ill hack into my car now. Ive got the drill,dremel and fumblefingers all warmed up. Wish me luck.

ENVSSS
05-10-2007, 04:14 PM
lol good luck. I took a few photos last night, didn't get a chance to post them up. Let me know if you need anything.

aaronng
05-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Hows the sound quality compared to a CD burnt from an mp3?

ENVSSS
05-10-2007, 06:35 PM
About the same. The only noticeable difference is that the volume level is slightly lower on the USB. Of course a lot of it has to do with the quality of the MP3 file.

BiLL|z0r
05-10-2007, 06:44 PM
So can we confirm it doesn't start from the beginning of the USB drive each time?

ENVSSS re the Sandisk: yes it would the security partition. Remove it and it'll work, we get the same issue on Linux boxes.

ENVSSS
05-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Thanks I'll try that and yes confirmed it doesn't start from the start when turned off and back on. Works exactly like a CD.

king9
05-10-2007, 08:02 PM
received this email at 7pm today:

Hi Christopher,

Your usb unit has been sent today. You should receive it tomorrow.

State Manager

XCarLink.

express post delivers on Saturdays? or is this an automatic email?

thanks

aaronng
05-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Sounds good. Looks like i'll get one as well.

Suntzu
06-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Ok, got mine installed. Now it only took about 1 hour cause I'm a noob and a bit rough. I did crack a bit of the shiny plastic around the gear knob but its hard to see. I also did loose one screw in the gearbox void. Couldn't find it.

However I successfully installed the unit in the glovebox. The YOUTUBE video link instructional above is PERFECT.A must watch.

The audio quality is very good. Close to CD but that's MP3 for you. I can hear a tiny hiss at volume when engine off but you cant notice it 90% of the time.

You have full control of the folders. I put 10 folders in and it saw all of them as individual CD's! I dunno what the max folder count is. You can control the tracks and volume on the steering wheel. You can also select the aux mode via the MODE button on the wheel. You press the 5 and 6 button on the dash for folder level access. The normal 6 CD stacker works perfectly in harmony with the unit.

Its absolutely brilliant in terms of control. Its just like you have hundreds of CD's at your disposal. Just remember which folder is which dodgy 80's band and which is your Bryan Adams/Roxette collection and your sweet as.:)

Pro's:
Audio quality excellent
Full control over tracks, folders and volume
Massive quantity of tracks if you have a decent usb stick ( i use a 2 gig corsair FAT32)
Easy compact install
Best solution so far if you dont have an IPOD but do have a heap of memory sticks
Cheap at only $155 + shipping

Cons:
Slight hiss
Random is a bit random and seemed to do only the folder level that your in not the other folders. I have to confirm this.
If you click madly on the folder and the track at the same time it gets confused and plays the track from the previous folder in the current one until you click back on the tracks. Minor.
Watch those screws and plastics when forcing the covers.

I give it 8.5/10. Easily one of my best mods.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

aaronng
06-10-2007, 04:21 PM
As I have told others before, the way to remove the trim around the gearstick is to yank upwards at the boot. DON'T PRY AT THE PANEL!

king9
09-10-2007, 12:51 AM
just got mine today.

but mine can only read one folder? how did u guys place the file on the USB?

thanks

edit: ok, after some browsing i discovered that it will only read folders named CD01,CD02 etc. is it like this for all you guys?

xiang
09-10-2007, 01:00 AM
i doubt it'd work, but would you be able to run the ipod off the usb carlink with the ipod to usb cable?

i just would enjoy it if you were able to use both ipod n usb.

king9
09-10-2007, 07:53 PM
runs perfect, except that the hissing is a bit annoying

EUR003act
09-10-2007, 10:33 PM
As I have told others before, the way to remove the trim around the gearstick is to yank upwards at the boot. DON'T PRY AT THE PANEL!

yeah just hook fingers under the boot surround from the inside and lift up... try doing the front first then the back (in oppose to trying to lift the whole thing up at once)

JC_Vtec
10-10-2007, 10:12 AM
I've had mine installed for awhile and haven't got that hissing sound... does anyone else have this issue?

JC_Vtec
10-10-2007, 10:20 AM
Yes they only read the folders if they are named CD01, CD02 etc... (Up to 6 for me). I've tried naming the folders other names, and the unit won't detect them..

just got mine today.

but mine can only read one folder? how did u guys place the file on the USB?

thanks

edit: ok, after some browsing i discovered that it will only read folders named CD01,CD02 etc. is it like this for all you guys?

uccoffee
10-10-2007, 10:21 AM
I got mine and installed yesterday on my integra too!

I m actually using it as a AUX input for the stock HU!
I think it's the cheapest option to get a USB CHARGER in the glove box + AUX input! I use the USB to charge my bluetooth headset, GPS and Windows MOBILE!

I ll post some photos on the integra forum later :)

kman2k
10-10-2007, 12:54 PM
Hi! .. I got this unit installed on my Euro about 2 months ago.. there is a few things you guy should aware when use it:

* Don't ever unplug the USB flash memory while you are listening the music -> it will kill the Xcarlink unit ( I got mine unit replaced under warranty !!! ) ......You should turn off the Stereo & then unplug the USB flash

* There are maximum of 6 folders you can create : CD01, CD02, CD03, CD04, CD05, CD06
* Maximum 99 files per folder.
* Length of music file is unlimited.

Enjoy

aaronng
10-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Great info!

Also, 6 folders x 99 songs x 5MB per song = 2970MB. So no point getting larger than a 4GB thumbdrive/SD card.

Suntzu
10-10-2007, 01:19 PM
Hi! .. I got this unit installed on my Euro about 2 months ago.. there is a few things you guy should aware when use it:

* Don't ever unplug the USB flash memory while you are listening the music -> it will kill the Xcarlink unit ( I got mine unit replaced under warranty !!! ) ......You should turn off the Stereo & then unplug the USB flash

* There are maximum of 6 folders you can create : CD01, CD02, CD03, CD04, CD05, CD06
* Maximum 99 files per folder.
* Length of music file is unlimited.

Enjoy

Nope. I have 10 folders. They work fine. I haven killed mine by pulling it live, Ive done this about 10 times. That being said i dont recommend it.

ENVSSS
10-10-2007, 06:28 PM
10 Folders on mine too. I also pull my USB out and put it back in while the unit is on. Resumes from the current song being played.

EUR003act
11-10-2007, 09:12 PM
Nope. I have 10 folders. They work fine. I haven killed mine by pulling it live, Ive done this about 10 times. That being said i dont recommend it.

whats wrong with using CDs??? :p

Suntzu
11-10-2007, 09:17 PM
whats wrong with using CDs??? :p

You lost me. WTF you talking about?

EUR003act
11-10-2007, 09:32 PM
You lost me. WTF you talking about?

why do you have to have an mp3 player in the car... CDs are just as good... how many trips do you go on that need more than 120 songs??? (20songs x 6discs)

lol dont worry i was just being a smartass

Suntzu
11-10-2007, 09:38 PM
why do you have to have an mp3 player in the car... CDs are just as good... how many trips do you go on that need more than 120 songs??? (20songs x 6discs)

I only listen to the first 10 sec of each song. That way i get through my Bryans Adams collection when I drive to the shops. If its a long trip I crack out the MP3's of my Roxette collection and I listen to them as well. But sometimes marie makes me sad, so then I kick on the Credence and get some bad moon happening. Thats why I need 1000 songs. Which fits just fine on the Xcarlink.

Disclaimer: All these MP3 are perfectly legal of course.

EUR003act
11-10-2007, 10:04 PM
credence clear water revival... your showing your age russ :p

aaronng
12-10-2007, 11:07 AM

I use CD-RWs. I have over 10 of them. I've listened to them so many times that I have memorised every song. Time to change songs. Oh crap, I'll have to burn all 10 of them after selecting which songs I want from my collection. I'll have to rip it out from the CD and then burn it back. That will take at least 15 minutes each disc, not including the usual stuff like working the software and loading/unloading discs. Bring on the MP3!

Just bought a 2GB thumbdrive for $27. Don't even have the xcarlink yet. LOL

Suntzu
12-10-2007, 01:10 PM
Get it. Its awesome value. I love mine. I really do. It so convenient cause it I have a few 2 gig usb sticks and thats the perfect size. Im so sick of ripping and burning to CDRW also.

aaronng
15-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Got mine and just installed it. Took under 40 minutes (had 10m worth of wiring behind the centre compartment because of the EDFC). Works sweet and all. Just a little worried because my Sandisk cruzer thumbdrive heats up pretty quick when used with it.

badthing
15-10-2007, 11:14 PM
Looks like I might be getting this too. I'm sick of the CDs skipping on Sydney's bumpy roads.

aaronng
19-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Quick update: I just realised that my songs are being arranged based on last modified date instead of alphabetically!!! Is it the same on yours?

Suntzu
19-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Yer mines all screwy order wise. I think you may be right.

Do you like the unit?

aaronng
19-10-2007, 09:53 PM
Love it! There is a little whining/hiss when it is changing tracks, but you can't hear it anymore when the song is being played. Since it changes with RPM, it's probably due to the poor grounding of the usb unit because of the long length of thin cable from the unit back to the headunit and then out to the ground.

Ozluder
26-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Guys,

Just purchased this yesterday. Quick question. Do you remove the trim around the gear boot the same way as shown in the you tube clip for an auto? i.e take the gear knob off and then reach under the gear boot with your fingers?

Thanks

Suntzu
26-10-2007, 08:50 AM
I did and cracked mine a bit. Aaron knows best but I think you pull the leather boot up.

aaronng
26-10-2007, 08:50 AM
I'd pull at the boot first before reaching under the boot. You need to pull it so that the trim is kept level. If you pull it unevenly, you'll pull out the 3 clips, but the 4th one won't release (trying to pry out the 4th clip is what causes the trim to crack). If that happens, just push back the released corners (loosely, not too firm) and try again.

Don't pry the trim from the outside as that will crank it. Remember to stop when the clips release, there should be some wiring for the AT gear indicator lights.

Ozluder
28-10-2007, 01:22 AM
thanks. I'll give it a shot.

Ozluder
28-10-2007, 01:43 PM
I managed to install it without cracking the boot trim. ;)

However, I can't get it to work. I can see my that my USB drive is powered up and the display shows CDC. But nothing is being played. I've pressed the 5 and 6 button to access the different folders but that doesn't do anything.

I noticed that my 'In Use' light isn't illuminated. Is that the same as everyone else or do I just have a faulty unit?

Thanks

ENVSSS
28-10-2007, 02:58 PM
Make sure that your folders are named CD01, CD02, CD03...etc (Up to CD10). Also, if you have a USB drive that contains security software, create a new folder on the drive and place the software within the folder, then make the folder hidden.

I was originally using a Sandisk drive which wouldn't work 100% all the time, tried two other brands and they worked fine :)

king9
30-10-2007, 03:07 PM
I cant get my albums to play in alphabetical order, has anyone worked out how to do this?

thanks

aaronng
30-10-2007, 09:07 PM
It's arranged in last modified order
I can't get it to go alphabetical either. :)

king9
01-11-2007, 03:07 PM
Good News!

I've worked out how to get the files to play in alphabetical order.

I've uploaded to the program here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A1X1MC7X

Just download it, put it on your USB stick and run it from there.

Then click on the Title bar to sort it by Title, click save and your done :D

aaronng
01-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Good News!

I've worked out how to get the files to play in alphabetical order.

I've uploaded to the program here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A1X1MC7X

Just download it, put it on your USB stick and run it from there.

Then click on the Title bar to sort it by Title, click save and your done :D

I put it on my USb stick and ran it, clicked on open USB drive and it doesn't do anything. Nothing is in the list.

king9
02-11-2007, 01:30 PM
I put it on my USb stick and ran it, clicked on open USB drive and it doesn't do anything. Nothing is in the list.

Check that you don't have any other empty drives connected, I had a few empty drives (eg N:, F: ) that i had to "safely remove" before i could get it to read.

aaronng
02-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Check that you don't have any other empty drives connected, I had a few empty drives (eg N:, F: ) that i had to "safely remove" before i could get it to read.

Thanks, will give it another go. I had my card reader connected, that must be the problem.

Update: It works great!! Thanks for the software!

EuroDude
04-11-2007, 12:00 PM
Love it! There is a little whining/hiss when it is changing tracks, but you can't hear it anymore when the song is being played. Since it changes with RPM, it's probably due to the poor grounding of the usb unit because of the long length of thin cable from the unit back to the headunit and then out to the ground.

Hms I wander if that hiss is the same as the hiss I get (using an IceLink).

1) Do you also hear the hissing noise when listening to the Radio or a CD?
2) If you put the volume to 1 so the music is very low - can you hear the hissing?
3) Does the hissing go away if you set the Volume to Zero ?
4) Does the Hiss volume stay constant from Volume 1 to 10? (if you go over 10, you can hear the usual Gain hiss, which is a separate hiss)

fleeball
06-11-2007, 01:33 PM
installed the xcarlink Ipod adaptor on the weekend and have to say, great product.

PS. I don't have any hissing sounds .

king9
06-11-2007, 07:28 PM
PS. I don't have any hissing sounds .

where did u wire the unit to? glovebox?

clearwater
06-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Ive left it inside the astray compartment and taken the ashtray out. now all i have to do is open the ashtray lid and there it is
its extended using the cable extender.

no need to dig around in the glove box and its right there in front of me.

i have the Sat nav installed no problems

insanesam
15-11-2007, 08:40 PM
Is the unit you guys have install this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Honda-Accord-and-Euro-IPOD-MP3-INTERFACE_W0QQitemZ150179729665QQihZ005QQcategoryZ 102337QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and this one apparently has an ipod interface?

tony1234
16-11-2007, 06:27 AM
Is the unit you guys have install this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Honda-Accord-and-Euro-IPOD-MP3-INTERFACE_W0QQitemZ150179729665QQihZ005QQcategoryZ 102337QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and this one apparently has an ipod interface?
Yep.Looks like the xcarlink one.But you have to choose either USB or ipod.

fleeball
16-11-2007, 12:59 PM
where did u wire the unit to? glovebox?

I have it just sitting in the glovebox

shambini
09-12-2007, 08:51 AM
Guys

I have the Ipod xcarlink and attempted to install in a Euro with sat nav. I pulled the covers surrounding the gear ash tray etc and removed the DVD unit but I couldn't find the port to plug the xcarlink cord in.

Has anyone xcarlink where the car has sat nav?

Thanks!:cool:

tony1234
09-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Guys

I have the Ipod xcarlink and attempted to install in a Euro with sat nav. I pulled the covers surrounding the gear ash tray etc and removed the DVD unit but I couldn't find the port to plug the xcarlink cord in.

Has anyone xcarlink where the car has sat nav?

Thanks!:cool:
I think it only works with non sat nav Euros.PM aaronng he has one i'm sure he'll know

tony1234
09-12-2007, 09:39 AM
http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=805&highlight=xcarlink&mforum=sp4rks

heres a DIY for the 06' Navi.

seems pretty simple.
Just found this.so it DOES work with sat nav.:o

shambini
10-12-2007, 01:32 PM
Thanks. So it looks like I also need to remove the sat nav screen in addition to the DVD unit. What a bummer. :eek:

shambini
16-12-2007, 03:15 PM
I installed the xcarlink today and it works like a charm. I followed the manufacturer installation instructions but they didn't give any detail about the satnav version. You have to remove the satnav screen and DVD unit to find the port.

one4spl
17-12-2007, 06:05 AM
You dont need a paint scraper to remove the top of the console (the air vents). The easy way, and the way that wont scratch your car is to put your hands either side of the sunlight sensor at the back of that panel and pull it towards the rear of the car. the whole thing slides back and off pretty easily.

Always check that all the clips are still on any panels you pull out, if not then go looking for them in the dash and put them back. You will get all sorts of rattles otherwise.

aaronng
17-12-2007, 06:07 AM
There are 2 slots in the air cond vents for you to put a screwdriver in and to use it as a handle to pull the vent out without damage.

Ozluder
24-12-2007, 09:12 AM
Do any of you guys get the error where a song is playing and then all of a sudden the display on the unit flashes CDC 8-99. Sometimes it recovers and the song continues playing. Other times it freezes up and I have to power off the CD unit and unplug / replug my USB key to get it working again.

shambini
24-12-2007, 09:24 AM
Never encountered that problem. You should contact xcarlink.

EUR003act
25-12-2007, 03:36 PM
You dont need a paint scraper to remove the top of the console (the air vents). The easy way, and the way that wont scratch your car is to put your hands either side of the sunlight sensor at the back of that panel and pull it towards the rear of the car. the whole thing slides back and off pretty easily.

Always check that all the clips are still on any panels you pull out, if not then go looking for them in the dash and put them back. You will get all sorts of rattles otherwise.

lol i suggested the paint scraper in my DIY... that was until i found an easier way to remover centre cover... i now do it the same way as aaronng... i should update my guide

insanesam
29-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Can someone please confirm the number of folders this XCarlink USB Adapter supports (http://www.xcarlink.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=5&products_id=67). I've noted some people saying 6, some saying 10, some even 12. I emailed XCarlink and they said it supports 6 on the Euro. So i'm pretty confused. Should i be aware of any revisions or something?

Thanks

insanesam
31-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Just installed my Xcarlink usb thing. Took 20 mins. Works real well, and somehow mine supports up to 11 folders

EUR003act
06-03-2008, 09:56 PM
FOR THOSE INTERESTED:

im going to install my xcarlink this saturday, but im going to do it slightly differently... im going to mount the unit near the stock ecu, and then run a lead from the USB on the xcarlink to a surface mounted USB socket inside the big centre storage compartment :D that way it doesnt take up any room, and its easily accessable...

now heres the twist :p
im also going to run a 5v 1amp voltage regulator thru diodes on the power connections of the USB, that way i can also use the port for charging large usb devices (ie: gps, ipod, mobiles, etc) :thumbsup:

hooyn
06-03-2008, 10:05 PM
I installed my xcarlink last week. put the usb adapter thing in my glovebox and then theres a panel on the side or the centre console bay area place that i took off and poked the adapter through an opening and into the plug. lol, yeah very neat and tidy no wires running anywhere. ill post pics if u guys want :)

Mike Star
07-03-2008, 08:56 AM
I installed my xcarlink last week. put the usb adapter thing in my glovebox and then theres a panel on the side or the centre console bay area place that i took off and poked the adapter through an opening and into the plug. lol, yeah very neat and tidy no wires running anywhere. ill post pics if u guys want :)

Love to see the pics mate. Sounds like a neat job!

hooyn
07-03-2008, 09:20 AM
sure thing ill take some pics today ;) :wave:

Love to see the pics mate. Sounds like a neat job!

EUR003act
08-03-2008, 07:46 PM
spent the last 7 hours trying to install like 6 things into my car lol stillhavent finished, will have to continue tomorrow, but heres a sneak peak at the usb socket for my Xcarlink... :D

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/eur003/DSCF1812Medium.jpg

Delta_One
12-03-2008, 11:22 PM
Hey guys,
Have been reading over heaps of posts and websites about the iPod adaptor for the Euro.
I'm about to purchase an 05 Euro Tourer non Luxury..Where can I get this installed at?
I'm not confident enough to do it myself so would like to know where I should get it done at?

Cheers

Mike Star
12-03-2008, 11:50 PM
sure thing ill take some pics today ;) :wave:

Thanks heaps mate. Look forward to seeing them.
Cheers.

JC_Vtec
14-03-2008, 12:51 PM
spent the last 7 hours trying to install like 6 things into my car lol stillhavent finished, will have to continue tomorrow, but heres a sneak peak at the usb socket for my Xcarlink... :D

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/eur003/DSCF1812Medium.jpg

Very niice... :)

hooyn
14-03-2008, 05:29 PM
ok finally uploaded the photoes.

first pic:
the x carlink sitting in my glovebox

2nd pic: passenger seat, sidewall on the right. theres a little board that you can take off.

pic 3
once you take out the centre console area to access the adapter on the back of the oem player you can see a small gap going from the sidewall into that open area behind the console. i poked the cable through that little hole and plugged it in. put everything back in and waaa laahh :thumbsup:

luckily the length of the cable for the xcarlink is just long enough for a comfortable fit :)

hope it helps !

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/3181/incarxcarlinkkh6.th.jpg
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/8738/removethispartya2.th.jpg
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/402/pokeitheredl3.th.jpg

dyljoy
15-03-2008, 10:04 AM
Looks great!

Dru42
23-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Just ordered mine!! cant wait!! from reading on here it sounds simple to install so i hope it is =D

aaronng
23-03-2008, 05:33 PM
It's easy as long as you don't have sat nav. :)

Dru42
24-03-2008, 01:22 AM
03 Lux model, no sat nav, dont think they were invented yet =p
it comes with instructions doesnt it?

aaronng
24-03-2008, 07:04 AM
03 Lux model, no sat nav, dont think they were invented yet =p
it comes with instructions doesnt it?

No installation instructions other than "you plug it in". Because it's the same device used in many different Hondas. So they can't provide instructions for a particular model. Just use the pics or post here if you need help.

All you need to do is remove gear knob, pull out gearstick trim, remove ashtray, unscrew 3 screws, remove plugs for cigarette lighter and light, remove ashtray trim, remove 2 screws for CD compartment, pull CD compartment out slightly, close the cover, remove whole CD compartment.

Then you'll see the socket where you are supposed to plug the xcarlink in just below the radio unit.

Dru42
24-03-2008, 12:10 PM
thanks for that!!! last time i tried to conect a remote wire to the cig lighter, i couldnt remove the plug, ive got big hands haha see how it goes this time

Chris84
27-03-2008, 08:37 AM
Hi Guys,

I installed one of these last weekend and it has been running fine, although last night whilst the car was stationary and running it all of a sudden stopped working. There is no light flashing on the USB key either now or on the xcarlink unit istelf. Has this happened to you guys and will it recitify istelf or am I going to get into pulling the dash apart again?

Cheers.

Dru42
27-03-2008, 09:59 AM
got mine yesterday, came with instructions for my euro aswell, hoping to install it soon once i get some free time!! cant wait!

mrshibby
27-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Can I assume that you can set up your ipod on random (all tracks) then use the steering wheel controls to hit next and skip through random?

Dru42
27-03-2008, 03:50 PM
couldnt you just hit random on the unit?

aaronng
27-03-2008, 05:46 PM
I have the USB version only, and yes, you just hit random on the stock unit. And the steering controls work fine. I think it should be the same for the ipod version.

Ozluder
09-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Hi Guys,

I installed one of these last weekend and it has been running fine, although last night whilst the car was stationary and running it all of a sudden stopped working. There is no light flashing on the USB key either now or on the xcarlink unit istelf. Has this happened to you guys and will it recitify istelf or am I going to get into pulling the dash apart again?

Cheers.

Hey, I'm having a similar problem as well. I click on Aux to activate the Xcarlink. Display shows CDC but no disc or track number. Turn the radio power on/off. Nothing happens. Turn the car on/off nothing changes. Sometimes it will just start working again all by itself. Not sure what's wrong.

Also another issue I found is that after starting the car the unit will play the current song for 10 seconds and then will automatically skip to the next song regardless of whether the song has finished or not.

This is the 2nd unit I've received. Have just sent an e-mail to them asking for a resolution. :thumbdwn:

hooyn
09-04-2008, 09:15 PM
A friend of mine also had a problem with his, it would play for 2 seconds and just die.

With my one, there is no music coming from the front left passenger door speaker but there is sound coming from the little speaker on the left bottom of the windscreen.
Does anybody have a similar problem or know a solution to this?
I guess tomorrow I'll open it up and see if it's connected properly.

OH! And another thing i noticed, the speakers on the rear passenger doors dont have any sound coming from them. I've checked in a friend Euro and also mine.

Are these speakers there just for looks or.. ?

EUR003act
10-04-2008, 07:07 PM
A friend of mine also had a problem with his, it would play for 2 seconds and just die.

With my one, there is no music coming from the front left passenger door speaker but there is sound coming from the little speaker on the left bottom of the windscreen.

OH! And another thing i noticed, the speakers on the rear passenger doors dont have any sound coming from them. I've checked in a friend Euro and also mine.

rear passenger doors do not have speakers in them... you only got the speakers in the JDM euro's with the BOSE premium sound system...

as for the left speaker not working... if the tweeter (the one on the dash under the windscreen) is working, but the one in the door isnt, that wouldnt be a xcarlink problem (theyre both on the same channel output). you more than likely knocked a connection when connecting the module... check to make sure theyre all attached properly...

when it plays for 2secs and stops, does it display disc8 track89 ? mine sometimes does that when i receive a phone call or a msg and my phone is near the xcarlink module... if its doing it for every song, contact the seller

hooyn
10-04-2008, 08:38 PM
rear passenger doors do not have speakers in them... you only got the speakers in the JDM euro's with the BOSE premium sound system...

as for the left speaker not working... if the tweeter (the one on the dash under the windscreen) is working, but the one in the door isnt, that wouldnt be a xcarlink problem (theyre both on the same channel output). you more than likely knocked a connection when connecting the module... check to make sure theyre all attached properly...

when it plays for 2secs and stops, does it display disc8 track89 ? mine sometimes does that when i receive a phone call or a msg and my phone is near the xcarlink module... if its doing it for every song, contact the seller

thanks for that man. ill open it up and take a look when i can be bothered. however there is one thing, when i put on the radio or use cd's, that speaker works fine.

yeah my friend carlink just played for 2 secs then showed up with that. tried it in my car aswell and same thing happened. its been sent away and awaiting for a new console to arrive now :)

aaronng
10-04-2008, 09:05 PM
thanks for that man. ill open it up and take a look when i can be bothered. however there is one thing, when i put on the radio or use cd's, that speaker works fine.

yeah my friend carlink just played for 2 secs then showed up with that. tried it in my car aswell and same thing happened. its been sent away and awaiting for a new console to arrive now :)
Get him to reformat the thumbdrive and reload the songs on. Also, try a different thumbdrive.

hooyn
14-04-2008, 05:52 PM

well i was going to check it up on saturday, i went down turn on the system and both sides were working, and it has been working until today, problem free.

about the rear speakers, how can i get them to work? i am a noob when it comes to sound systems.
would i be able to just stick speakers in there and connect the wires etc. ?

Dru42
16-04-2008, 10:54 AM
my unit sometimes cuts out and stops playing, turn it off n back on again it works fine... and sometimes the volume cuts down really faint. turn off and on again and its fixed.. is it a major issue?? does this happen to anyone??

Hooyn - im pretty sure you can conect the rear door speakers and tap the line into the rear 6x9s, you may have to check the clearence when the window is down.

EUR003act
16-04-2008, 08:47 PM
my unit sometimes cuts out and stops playing, turn it off n back on again it works fine... and sometimes the volume cuts down really faint. turn off and on again and its fixed.. is it a major issue?? does this happen to anyone??

Hooyn - im pretty sure you can conect the rear door speakers and tap the line into the rear 6x9s, you may have to check the clearence when the window is down.

mine only seems to only do it when i get a mobile phone call.... has done it once on twice randomly, usually it displays DISC8 TRACK89 for awhile, then flashes DISC8 TRACK99 and then contiues playing... i guess the unit just sometimes loses its spot?

Hooyn u got two options, put spreakers in the rear door and run them off an amp (may aswell run the fronts off it aswell)... or link them up with the 6x9s... doing that u would have to wire them in series (so as not to drop impedence below 4ohm) however, this will mean that the 6x9s wont play as loud because theyll be sharing the power with the rear door speakers...

jeff_c
05-05-2008, 10:49 AM
Hi all

I've been a long time reader of this forum, and although this is my first post I just wanted to say that the xcarlink (iPod version) works well with the euro, and if anyone has any problems installing it pls do not hesitate to pm me.

Cheers

nEUROleptic
05-05-2008, 09:13 PM
is anyone using the 3.5mm headphone adapter with their non-ipod mp3 player??

i have a Creative Zen mp3 player and just wondering how this works with the Xcarlink?? does it still use the files system or just play the song i have chosen through my mp3 player?

hooyn
05-05-2008, 09:16 PM
my xcarlink is sh!tting me. sometimes it will just stop playing. other times it will only play sounds from one side of the car. which is really freeeeeeking annoying.

aaronng
05-05-2008, 10:03 PM
is anyone using the 3.5mm headphone adapter with their non-ipod mp3 player??

i have a Creative Zen mp3 player and just wondering how this works with the Xcarlink?? does it still use the files system or just play the song i have chosen through my mp3 player?

It plays whatever you choose through the Zen. It doesn't use the file system.

aaronng
05-05-2008, 10:04 PM
my xcarlink is sh!tting me. sometimes it will just stop playing. other times it will only play sounds from one side of the car. which is really freeeeeeking annoying.
Have you checked that the connector is plugged in properly to the headunit?

hooyn
05-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Have you checked that the connector is plugged in properly to the headunit?

yeah just then. it was plugged in too far i think. pulled it out a bit and sound came from both sides. kept plugging it in and out just to make sure. its all good now! :thumbsup:

hooyn
06-05-2008, 12:22 PM
update. i found that when i closed the glove box the xcarlink wire was getting squashed. hence sound not coming out of both sides. im going to reposition it somewhere else now.

jast82
08-05-2008, 02:19 PM

Anybody fixed the 2 sec problem?? I tried different usb drives and SD cards and 2 secs problem happend for all of them.

yahyah
10-05-2008, 11:17 AM
I have mine installed for about a week now.
Sometimes it just not picking up my memory stick, although i can see the light is on on the memory stick, I have to switch my car off and on to get it working.
Anyone have the same problem?

Suntzu
10-05-2008, 11:06 PM
I do. But its usually ok.

Crapdaz
14-05-2008, 07:39 AM
so how much did you guys get your xcarlink usb adapter for?

aaronng
14-05-2008, 10:24 AM
I have mine installed for about a week now.
Sometimes it just not picking up my memory stick, although i can see the light is on on the memory stick, I have to switch my car off and on to get it working.
Anyone have the same problem?

Happens to me sometimes. Could me a memory stick incompatibility. I usually turn the headunit off, pull out the thumbdrive, wait 5 seconds and plug it back in. Usually fixes the problem. I am using the Sandisk Micro 4GB.

jeff_c
14-05-2008, 10:30 AM
so how much did you guys get your xcarlink usb adapter for?

i got my ipod xcarlink from their oz website for $155 + shipping, from memory the price is the same for the usb version

i'm sure you can pick it up a bit cheaper from ebay, just that the advantage from buying direct is next day express post shipping

chuckyoz
15-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Hey Jeff_c
Im about to order one and install it myself in my 2005 Euro (wish me luck)
I watched the youtube video and it looked easy altho im worried about cracking the plate around the gear stick base like some seem to of in the forums!!

cheers
Steve

Crapdaz
15-05-2008, 11:12 PM
all you do is stick your fingers in the sides into the shiftboot(tabs and lift up), if you yank too hard you end up dropping the metal clips inside the shifting assembly somewhere which you need to find.

chuckyoz
15-05-2008, 11:58 PM
all you do is stick your fingers in the sides into the shiftboot(tabs and lift up), if you yank too hard you end up dropping the metal clips inside the shifting assembly somewhere which you need to find.
thanks for the tip. Im just waiting on a reply from xcarlink to say if it will work with my iPhone. Fingers crossed

jeff_c
16-05-2008, 08:56 AM
yep, just pull each corner of the shiftboot gently until the panel comes off, as long as you don't yank it too hard you shouldn't have a problem with cracking the casing/breaking the clips

ultimatekenz
27-06-2008, 03:56 PM
hey, ive tried a light search by skimming through most threads but i cant seem to find if anyone has installed the xcarlink in an auto euro.

I would like to know how i would go about removing the console in an auto?

Afraid of cracking something lol.

Thanks

one4spl
27-06-2008, 04:08 PM
its basically the same, the panel surrounding the gear lever pulls straight up... the rest is fairly obvious. Getting your fingernails under it and getting a good grip is the problem.

ultimatekenz
27-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Finished installing it after a good 2.5 hours with sore finger tips lol.

It took me a while to take off the gearstick panel as it was soooo tight! each time i attempted it i would increase the force a tad as i was afraid of breaking the panel. Eventually i just grew impatient and increased the force x10 lol, and it snapped out.

Overall good product, sound quality isn't top notch but good enough. Atleast im able to connect my ipod now.

chuckyoz
28-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Glad you got it working!
Im still yet to install mine...

The sound isnt great you say? better than FM you think?

jeff_c
30-06-2008, 01:56 PM
just noticed on their website that they are running a 10% off promotion, might be worthwhile to check it out

Crapdaz
30-06-2008, 02:19 PM
sound quality is not great as you are running mp3s.
you need music files to be ripped off or minimum of 192kbps equivalent to CD quality but still you may have variances.

mrshibby
30-06-2008, 03:43 PM
you need music files to be ripped off or minimum of 192kbps equivalent to CD quality but still you may have variances.

What he said.

I have the prolink USA version and the sound quality is as good as CD's. Most of my music on my iPod is ripped to 320kbps though.

You play poorly encoded mp3's through it, you're gonna get poor sound!

Euro76
30-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Is there any adaptor for iPod Shuffle? Just wondering.

chuckyoz
30-06-2008, 09:20 PM

Thanks for the feedback! yeah i realise about the quality of the mp3...!!
I will make sure I try to use 192kbps or greater on my iphone...

Crapdaz
01-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the feedback! yeah i realise about the quality of the mp3...!!
I will make sure I try to use 192kbps or greater on my iphone...

hard to get even quality throughout cause all mp3s you download are all sorts of quality ranges.

lysp
01-07-2008, 12:13 PM
hard to get even quality throughout cause all mp3s you download are all sorts of quality ranges.

Not really.. most music stores come only at 320 and are pretty standard in the encoding levels of their mp3s.

aaronng
01-07-2008, 01:37 PM

Make your own. Buy the CDs.

johnnyofhk
01-07-2008, 03:20 PM
the one selling in xcarlink.com.au has a little screen on it, is it a new version?

JC_Vtec
01-07-2008, 04:11 PM
They don't have screens on them. The Xcarlink unit uses your factory headunits screen.

slknv
02-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Hi guys,

Just installed the xcarlink into my 06 euro lux auto - piece of cake!

Bought the xcarlink off ebay for $90, was delivered in 4 days via EMS (delivered on a saturday!)

Installation took about 30 mins, pretty straightforward. The plastic surround around the auto shifter came off quite easily, no problems with cracking or anything. Stuck the actual unit in the glovebox using doublesided tape. The unit I got has aux-in, SD card and USB. I've tried the USB and SD card and both work just fine!

king9
02-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Do you guys ever get tracks that takes a long time to start playing?

EUR003act
04-08-2008, 09:38 PM
everytime i get a phone call mine resets to CD8 track 89... after a while it goes back to the song...

people always wonder why i tell them to piss off when they call me while in my car lol

johnnyofhk
08-08-2008, 07:28 PM
How to do it with NAV model
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s6/davemazo/Honda1.jpg

kimnkk
09-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Anyone bought from here before?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/USB-SD-MP3-Xcarlink-for-HONDA-Accord-Civic-FRV-Fit-City_W0QQitemZ160270350473QQihZ006QQcategoryZ3293Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Its around $97 shipped for the USB/SD model - does this one have any particular problems? Probably gonna order this before Monday, hopefully i'll get it within a few weeks.

Any thoughts?

aaronng
09-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Anyone bought from here before?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/USB-SD-MP3-Xcarlink-for-HONDA-Accord-Civic-FRV-Fit-City_W0QQitemZ160270350473QQihZ006QQcategoryZ3293Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Its around $97 shipped for the USB/SD model - does this one have any particular problems? Probably gonna order this before Monday, hopefully i'll get it within a few weeks.

Any thoughts?
Says "Car noise restrain circuit build inside, restrain car noise and interfere perfectly." Let us know if it works because the XCarlink unit does have engine whine interference.

kimnkk
09-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Says "Car noise restrain circuit build inside, restrain car noise and interfere perfectly." Let us know if it works because the XCarlink unit does have engine whine interference.

Ah i just noticed the ones on ebay aren't even the same as the xcarlink.com.au ones! I'm a bit apprehensive about going for some eBay ones, plus i would have to wait a few weeks.

Is the hissing/buzzing noticeable on the ones you guys have? I also read something about being unable to skip through tracks with speed, because of lag.

aaronng
09-08-2008, 09:25 PM
Ah i just noticed the ones on ebay aren't even the same as the xcarlink.com.au ones! I'm a bit apprehensive about going for some eBay ones, plus i would have to wait a few weeks.

Is the hissing/buzzing noticeable on the ones you guys have? I also read something about being unable to skip through tracks with speed, because of lag.

It is whining which follows RPM. No problem with skipping through tracks with speed. But skipping through folders with speed can be a problem if you don't let the song start playing before you hit disc 6.

kimnkk
09-08-2008, 09:50 PM
It is whining which follows RPM. No problem with skipping through tracks with speed. But skipping through folders with speed can be a problem if you don't let the song start playing before you hit disc 6.

Ahh i see, thanks for the reply mate. In that case, i might try out that yumcha ebay one. I'll do a bit more research and hopefully come to a conclusion before end of sunday.

Is the hissing load or noticeable? I usually play my music at a volume of 10 or 12, depending on my speed and the track.

Cheers mate :)

aaronng
09-08-2008, 11:20 PM
Ahh i see, thanks for the reply mate. In that case, i might try out that yumcha ebay one. I'll do a bit more research and hopefully come to a conclusion before end of sunday.

Is the hissing load or noticeable? I usually play my music at a volume of 10 or 12, depending on my speed and the track.

Cheers mate :)

Yeah, the whining is noticeable. It is not hissing. It is whining. Like a mini supercharger sound. haha

kimnkk
09-08-2008, 11:58 PM
Yeah, the whining is noticeable. It is not hissing. It is whining. Like a mini supercharger sound. haha

Well, i wouldn't mind a mini supercharger :p.

Thanks for the help mate, i'll go ahead and order the yumcha ebay one and report back. Hopefully it arrives within 2 weeks!

Cheers :)

aaronng
10-08-2008, 12:09 AM
Let us know how it goes. If it does fix the whining sound, then I might retire my XCarlink unit for the yumcha one too!

kimnkk
18-08-2008, 08:09 PM
I received the 'xcarlink' device yesterday, on a sunday, which was a surprise!

Took around an hour to get installed, most of the time was spent trying to get the cover around the shifter out!

Here's a picture for those with automatics. I spent ages trying to get the black thing out too, like in the manual!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/kimnkk/91261934.jpg

Anyway, here's the chinese xcarlink.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/kimnkk/91b33cbd.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/kimnkk/9d3620a9.jpg

It uses a weird aux in plug, but comes supplied with the cable so thats ok i guess.

I had a drive around with it today and can't notice any whining that varies with the revs. The only thing i can hear is 'white noise' when there's nothing playing but i get that on blank parts on my CDs anyway, so i dont think thats a fault of the unit.

How subtle is your whining on the xcarlink units? I tried revving hard while it was playing quiet tracks but still couldn't hear anything unusual.

I guess either this unit is a-ok or i'm not listening for the right thing, but my guess is that it could be ok :)

king9
18-08-2008, 09:41 PM
do i see a bluetooth logo?

kimnkk
18-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Yeah, no idea what's up with that though! They probably thought it looked pretty and decided to add it onto the device somewhere, lol!

chasa
19-08-2008, 01:31 PM
i too got my xcarlink the other day but i got the Ipod version. install was straight forward.

I have noticed that the the songs do come through softer when playing via the Ipod. Does anyone else have this problem.

blx1
19-08-2008, 06:23 PM
yea i gots a xcarlink thingo for my euro, but small problem... does anione notice that it stops playing wen some1 calls through too ur mobile fone??? coz mines just stops playin for say 10 secs or fully jsut stops playing...sadface*

vte18c
26-08-2008, 03:36 PM
i too got my xcarlink the other day but i got the Ipod version. install was straight forward.

I have noticed that the the songs do come through softer when playing via the Ipod. Does anyone else have this problem.

Yeah I just installed mine.. apart from cracking the shifter surround and losing two screws :wave: I also noticed its quieter than CD and also seems to ''pulse'' slightly in volume at low volume..

aaronng
26-08-2008, 04:05 PM
You don't need to rev to hear the whining sound. just drive normally and shift at 3000rpm with your volume at 10-13. You'll hear it. If you don't hear it, then it is time for me to buy one of these new xcarlinks too!

Euro08Jaz
26-08-2008, 04:45 PM
so you should be able to still use steering wheel controls with this? link to buy please :)

aaronng
26-08-2008, 04:48 PM
so you should be able to still use steering wheel controls with this? link to buy please :)

Yes your steering control works with it.

LXRY
26-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Does anyone know what the bluetooth part of it does?

Looking at one on ebay has the bluetooth logo on it as previous post above

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Bluetooth-Xcarlink-for-HONDA-Accord-Civic-FRV-Fit-City_W0QQitemZ150285902988QQihZ005QQcategoryZ3293Q QrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp163 8Q2em122

viper8548
26-08-2008, 10:14 PM
If i remember correctly from checking out xcarlink ebay, you can buy a bluetooth add on that acts as a blue tooth hands free for your phone

kimnkk
27-08-2008, 09:01 AM
You don't need to rev to hear the whining sound. just drive normally and shift at 3000rpm with your volume at 10-13. You'll hear it. If you don't hear it, then it is time for me to buy one of these new xcarlinks too!

Hey mate,

Ah, it definitely comes in softer than before, 10-13 before xcarlink would be about 13-16 now, at a guess. But even at 19-20, i haven't heard any whining at all, after using it for a over a week.

Hope that helps :)

Cheers!

slknv
27-08-2008, 09:15 AM
[quote=LXRY;1865109]Does anyone know what the bluetooth part of it does?

I have this model in my euro lux - the "bluetooth" port (on my one at least) has a mini USB to aux-in jack. So I just plug it into my iphone headphone out socket and play music in that way! :)

No problems with any whining too, it's 100% fine.

Tim

Euro08Jaz
28-08-2008, 02:37 AM
so if i was to buy this product http://www.xcarlink.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=5&products_id=67

id be getting the same thing you have? lol just checking before i order.

LXRY
28-08-2008, 05:45 PM
so if i was to buy this product http://www.xcarlink.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=5&products_id=67

id be getting the same thing you have? lol just checking before i order.
Gee big difference in price for this one compared to the one on ebay. Your talking $70 difference no one in these posts complained about quality issue's with the ebay ones pictured above don't think....i.de go for the ebay one for 49 bucks thats cheap worst case you out of pocket 49 + you might find cheaper if you shop around. I don't own one but am thinking of buying one soon. Me personally i would buy cheaper ebay one IMO but your call ;)

Euro08Jaz
28-08-2008, 08:31 PM
lol well i guess i like money,

the ebay one looks different from the one above, it looks like you dont need the connector for the aux input.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/USB-MP3-Xcarlink-for-HONDA-Accord-Civic-FRV-Fit-City_W0QQitemZ260256818689QQihZ016QQcategoryZ50144 QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp16 38Q2em118Q2el1247

i cant understand the bluetooth one, does it connect via bluetooth to a built in bluetooth receiver in your car (if you purchased this option from honda) or does it connect in the back of your radio and you can use the bluetooth receiver to play music from your mobile or project voice through your car speakers?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Bluetooth-Xcarlink-for-HONDA-Accord-Civic-FRV-Fit-City_W0QQitemZ150285902988QQihZ005QQcategoryZ3293Q QrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp163 8Q2em122

LXRY
28-08-2008, 08:49 PM
lol well i guess i like money,

the ebay one looks different from the one above, it looks like you dont need the connector for the aux input.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/USB-MP3-Xcarlink-for-HONDA-Accord-Civic-FRV-Fit-City_W0QQitemZ260256818689QQihZ016QQcategoryZ50144 QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp16 38Q2em118Q2el1247

i cant understand the bluetooth one, does it connect via bluetooth to a built in bluetooth receiver in your car (if you purchased this option from honda) or does it connect in the back of your radio and you can use the bluetooth receiver to play music from your mobile or project voice through your car speakers?

Not sure either ????

Hoyle
22-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Hey guys.

Just bought an xcarlink from eBay (only cost me $118.00) with an iPod connector.

I've got an iPod Touch 2nd Gen. Unfortunately, the device DOES NOT CHARGE this iPod, but considering it has up to 36 hours playback, I'm not too fussed. Disappointed, but not fussed.

I can give you some info on how it works too:
If you select CD 1, then the iPod Touch continues to be usable, you can select playlists, albums, etc. from the iPod and can even run applications while the music continues to play. If you want, you can watch a video while listening through the stereo. I'd suggest you only do this as a passenger ;). The steering wheel controls change tracks as expected, and the display always shows "01-66", maybe a devil worshipper was the programmer?

If you select CD 2 or above, then it selects your playlists in the order they appear on the iPod. The screen displays "Accessory Attached" (or similar) so you don't see album art or any controls. So, CD 3 is your second playlist, CD 4 your third, etc. I have 30 playlists on there currently, so once I got to CD 30, it went back to CD 1.

To change "CDs", you use the 5/6 buttons that have "CD- CD+" in small print on them. FF/REW buttons don't work.

So where did I put my iPod Touch? I'm not 100% sure what to do, but I've run the cable out through a small gap at the right rear corner of the ashtray. Its a perfect fit, you can still run the cable in and out to change the length, but its tight enough to hold the cable.

If you want more details or pics, let me know.

I have an auto, my fingers are still sore getting the shift surround off, that back left clip just wouldn't come out.

My verdict? If it charged, it'd be a 10/10, so instead it only gets 8/10.

Ken-f
22-09-2008, 09:07 PM
I was looking at some one ebay from America. its about 200aud all in. And i remember reading about different levels...of the ... box thing. But anyway, level 5 is the best, and apparently it allows for text to be displayed on screen...which im finding hard to believe. It also allows the ipod to charge (but not overcharge) as well as being able to control the actual ipod or steering wheel buttons simultaneously. So i emailed the seller and am waiting a reply.

mrshibby
23-09-2008, 03:56 PM
I have an auto, my fingers are still sore getting the shift surround off, that back left clip just wouldn't come out.

Tell me about it, I actually cracked the surround underneath, but you can't see it, talk about frustrating!

Ken-f
23-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Text display only works if you have a 'sat' or 'xm' button on your HU.

Hoyle
23-09-2008, 06:11 PM
IBut anyway, level 5 is the best, and apparently it allows for text to be displayed on screen...which im finding hard to believe. It also allows the ipod to charge (but not overcharge) as well as being able to control the actual ipod or steering wheel buttons simultaneously.

Mine was the same (except maybe the text, which wouldn't work on my unit anyway, there's nowhere for the text to display). Unfortunately, the 2nd gen iPod Touch is different to the 1st gen. The 2G no longer allows charging from firewire, whereas the 1G did, so I guess this is where the difference is.

Note that mine cost $118.00, there were quite a few on sale from the same eBay store, exactly the same product varied in price from $118.00 to $150, so be careful which one you choose.

I'm going to email the seller and see if they have a newer model, because they did tell me it was compatible with my iPod.

Still, I'm loving it, but I'm going to have to re-rip half my music at a higher bitrate!

r-r-redEuro
30-09-2008, 03:29 PM
hey i got the xcarlink USB interface.
I just wanna know if i wanted to plug in an mp3 player or ipod into it, would it work without setting the files as "CD01 and CD02" etc ?
Because i tried plugging in my friends ipod and the xcarlink just froze and didnt work. It only works with my SD card where i did put CD01 folders.
Can someone help me how to get the USB interface working with an IPOD in it or MP3 player in the "line in" or USB in.

Hoyle
30-09-2008, 07:36 PM
hey i got the xcarlink USB interface.
I just wanna know if i wanted to plug in an mp3 player or ipod into it, would it work without setting the files as "CD01 and CD02" etc ?
Because i tried plugging in my friends ipod and the xcarlink just froze and didnt work. It only works with my SD card where i did put CD01 folders.
Can someone help me how to get the USB interface working with an IPOD in it or MP3 player in the "line in" or USB in.

If you're using the Line In, then you just start playing the iPod or other MP3 player, your stereo is just like a massive pair of headphones. You can't control the songs from the stereo or steering wheel.

Also, you can't plug the iPod USB cable into the USB port, that won't work, you have to either buy the iPod unit or just use the headphone plug on the iPod.

r-r-redEuro
30-09-2008, 08:23 PM
i tried the headphone plug and it doesnt work, it freezes :S

Hoyle
30-09-2008, 08:30 PM
i tried the headphone plug and it doesnt work, it freezes :S

Yeah I'm not sure what setting to put your stereo on when using the Line In, I haven't tried it on mine (yet). I'd guess that you'd put it on CD1?

r-r-redEuro
30-09-2008, 09:47 PM
CD01 on AUX IN? or CD1 as in CD?

Hoyle
30-09-2008, 09:52 PM
CD01 on AUX IN? or CD1 as in CD?

You would need to have the head unit on "CD-C" (CD changer) for certain, and then I suppose you'd select CD no. 1 (using the 5/6 buttons).

If I get a chance, I'll try it out with my iPod version (which also has a Line In) this weekend.

r-r-redEuro
01-10-2008, 12:14 AM
thats your Ipod version i got the USB interface its different :S.

To those who have the USB interface and not the IPOD interface, is there a way where i can use an mp3/ipod through the line in ?

when i try the screen just goes to CDC - 8:88 and doesnt work, even if i put it back to 1:01 or so it still wont work.

EUR003act
01-10-2008, 09:20 AM
thats your Ipod version i got the USB interface its different :S.

To those who have the USB interface and not the IPOD interface, is there a way where i can use an mp3/ipod through the line in ?

when i try the screen just goes to CDC - 8:88 and doesnt work, even if i put it back to 1:01 or so it still wont work.

hey pete...

i'll try mine tonight and let you know :thumbsup:

slknv
02-10-2008, 12:08 AM
With my one, I have a mini-USB to headphone jack which goes into the mini-USB marked "bluetooth" (of course...)

Set the Honda stereo to "CDC:4" and it'll say 8:88, but it'll take the audio output from the iPod and amplify it. I should take a photo but it's cold and dark outside :).

The USB input is CDC:3, and I think the SD card reader was CDC:2 but I don't use SDs very much.

Tim

r-r-redEuro
02-10-2008, 12:34 AM
how do you change the CDC to CDC:1 or 2, 3 etc ?
i only can do CD or CDC,
|CDC------"volume"------1:01|
like with that what i want to know is do you mean CDC:1 with the 1 next to it or on the right hand side of the little screen ?
Because the whole point of this is i wanna use the line in with other mp3/IPOD players without getting them to set files "CD01""CD02" etc before hand.
and just play with the music already in there.

phobolism
14-10-2008, 11:25 PM
sorry to dig up an old topic but, i tried using the video and reading through the forum but i cant seem to pull the gear boot trim off.
The front(towards bonnet) two clips came off easily but the ones adjacent to the cup holders just wont budge. I put my fingers in the bottom corner of the gear boot pulled upwards on the edge of the trim and used all my body weight as well but the clips didnt let go, the trim started to bend a little bit in the middle but the clips on the side were just too tight.

Lil help or suggestions as to what i may be doing wrong?

Ken-f
14-10-2008, 11:51 PM
Just force it. Don't be a girl :P

lysp
17-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Does the xcarlink get the mp3 info from the songs playing and show the titles or does it just show CD1 TR14 ?

If not is there any other solution that will give me steering controls and song titles to the non-navi cu2 HU?

EUR003act
17-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Does the xcarlink get the mp3 info from the songs playing and show the titles or does it just show CD1 TR14 ?

If not is there any other solution that will give me steering controls and song titles to the non-navi cu2 HU?

not sure about CU2 but CL9 is not ID3 tag compatible... ie: it does not display song info...

lysp
18-10-2008, 01:15 AM
For mp3 cd's i can get album/artist/title showing up on the display.

Just with an ipod and 80-160gb of songs, it'd be hard to ID songs just by number.

Hoyle
18-10-2008, 01:10 PM
how do you change the CDC to CDC:1 or 2, 3 etc ?
i only can do CD or CDC,
|CDC------"volume"------1:01|
like with that what i want to know is do you mean CDC:1 with the 1 next to it or on the right hand side of the little screen ?
Because the whole point of this is i wanna use the line in with other mp3/IPOD players without getting them to set files "CD01""CD02" etc before hand.
and just play with the music already in there.

Sorry about the late reply.

Now, I know I've got the iPod version, but it also has a line in. To use the Line In, you have to set the HUD to CD-C and then to disc no. 3 using the 5/6 buttons (CD-/CD+). The screen shows "3-88". You'll have to make sure you turn the sound all the way up on your MP3 player, and turn it up on the stereo or it'll be too quiet to hear.

I'm going to post some photos of my set up for you guys in a minute.

Hoyle
18-10-2008, 01:40 PM
OK, here's some photos:
http://www.eyestochelsea.com.au/car_photos/DSC03408.jpg

The aux input on the left, the iPod input on the right goes up to the iPod Touch 2G in a cradle.

http://www.eyestochelsea.com.au/car_photos/DSC03409.jpg
Close-up.

http://www.eyestochelsea.com.au/car_photos/DSC03411.jpg
And here's Cover Flow view.

It all works pretty well, too bad it doesn't power the new iPods.

slknv
22-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Ipod holder looks pretty good, is it custom designed for the ipod/iphone or a generic adjustable phone holder?

Hoyle
22-10-2008, 08:55 PM
Its just a holder I bought from a stand at The Glen shopping centre for $20. It came with a snake-arm suction cup and a clip, so I used the clip to attach it to the vent. It comes off fairly easily too, and it can be rotated as you can see.

nEUROleptic
24-10-2008, 07:15 PM
anyone else noticed the USB interface for the Honda is not available from the xcarlink website? Is it just out of stock or never coming back? should i buy one from ebay?

ope126
18-11-2008, 06:01 PM
Does anyone know what the bluetooth part of it does?

Looking at one on ebay has the bluetooth logo on it as previous post above

This is the one I am looking to get. You pay a little extra for the Bluetooth version of the Xcarlink.
I comes with a lead that has a microphone at the end of it. Also on the microphone is an answer key to answer the phone. Or you can just answer with your keypad on your mobile. I pauses the music when a call is recieved and the voice then comes out all the speakers. You then use the microphone to project your voice. To end, hit the key pad on the microphone, or hang up via the keypad on your mobile. Music then resumes...

That could be the reason why people are getting a 10 sec pause when they recieve phone calls on the mobile whilst the Xcarlink is playing. Maybe it is because you are using the 3.5mm line in from the Bluetooth port? Just a hunch.

Now, howdo you program a phone to link up with this???

Will let you know when I recieve mine...

Glenn

Suntzu
18-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Id replace my stock xcarlink with this Blutooth one but i need to know if the hiss has been removed from this model? Any ideas or is it endemic to the Euro head unit?

El Diablo
23-11-2008, 09:24 AM
Reviving and Old thread...Does the Ipod version of the Xcarlink play the sound from the Ipod according to the Equalizer settings on the Ipod? My CL9 Navi only lets me adjust Bass and Trebble (which is soooo 80's, good on ya Honda), I want to be able to manipulate the sound a little more. Any one tried this?

Hoyle
23-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Just tried it and yes, the equalizer on the iPod does change the sound.

El Diablo
24-11-2008, 07:46 AM
Awsome thanks for the test, I will order mine this week

ope126
29-11-2008, 09:24 PM
received this email at 7pm today:

Hi Christopher,

Your usb unit has been sent today. You should receive it tomorrow.

State Manager

XCarLink.

express post delivers on Saturdays? or is this an automatic email?

thanks

I have emailed the "State Manager" of Xcarlink 4 times with no response over the past 3 weeks.
Needless to say, I will now purchase my Xcarlink off eBay, rather than support a local business.

tim-e
05-02-2009, 10:55 PM
I've got an iPod Touch 2nd Gen. Unfortunately, the device DOES NOT CHARGE this iPod, but considering it has up to 36 hours playback, I'm not too fussed. Disappointed, but not fussed.
No charging makes baby Jesus cry. :( Might still get one though. I'm sick of switching CDs around... and everything on my iPhone is in Lossless format. ;)

Hoyle
06-02-2009, 04:39 AM
No charging makes baby Jesus cry. :( Might still get one though. I'm sick of switching CDs around... and everything on my iPhone is in Lossless format. ;)

I have actually found a solution to this problem, and my iPod Touch 2nd Gen now charges. :)

I bought one of these:
http://www.chargeconverter.com/shop/connector.htm?connipod.htm

I ordered the small charge converter. Took 3 weeks to arrive after ordering, and it works great! I think the $50 it cost me was worth it. The iPod screen now stays on, allowing me to see album art all the time.

One point to note is that the XCarLink seems to be powered all the time, even with the key turned off, so your iPod will charge whether the car's on or off.

tim-e
06-02-2009, 10:31 AM
I have actually found a solution to this problem, and my iPod Touch 2nd Gen now charges. :)

I bought one of these:
http://www.chargeconverter.com/shop/connector.htm?connipod.htm

I ordered the small charge converter. Took 3 weeks to arrive after ordering, and it works great! I think the $50 it cost me was worth it. The iPod screen now stays on, allowing me to see album art all the time.

One point to note is that the XCarLink seems to be powered all the time, even with the key turned off, so your iPod will charge whether the car's on or off.
Sweet. Result!

euRo.e
11-02-2009, 12:13 AM
ive got one, and it always freeze's on me. ipod dsnt on it! ive bee tryna work it ofr ages now

tim-e
13-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Where can one get an ipod xcarlink in Australia? Ebay only has USB ones.

Xplodin
13-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Where can one get an ipod xcarlink in Australia? Ebay only has USB ones.
Hey mate... i was looking at this option for a while but decided to go with USA Spec. I love it cos it charges my iphone as i'm assuming it will support the newer ipods.

I got mine for about $250AUD Delivered.

tim-e
14-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Who did you buy it from?

lilwilliam
14-02-2009, 05:05 PM
I got mine installed not long ago for 150 works great no hisses or anything =] really happy with it although the only let down is that you cant fast forward tracks lol. ( this was the usb version) he also does the ipod one too

felixd
04-03-2009, 12:49 PM
So if i get the USB version will i be able to connect any ipod mp3 to the USB port since ? thx

lilwilliam
06-03-2009, 11:15 PM
So if i get the USB version will i be able to connect any ipod mp3 to the USB port since ? thx

nope. u can only connect your ipod through the aux in (headphone jack or whatever u call it) of the Xcarlink unit, also if you use the aux in of the USB version of the Xcarlink you wont be able to control your ipod thorugh your steering wheel controls either. i know this because ive tried connecting my ipod through the usb port and it doesnt work,

hughba
19-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Ebay currently have the (genuine) Xcarlink ones, not the dodgy Chinese ones covered in characters that come shipped in an apple crate.

I used Sydneyinstallers on ebay and was really happy!

felixd
19-03-2009, 10:07 AM
thats wad i got too xcarlink from ebay genuiene seller :D works great

hughba
19-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Yeah - it's nice to find an ebay seller that's actually selling something of quality, and able to back it up! I hope my flick key is as good!

TRaNz
19-03-2009, 12:43 PM
------omfg wrong adapter thread....LOL ifailed.....

matm
28-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Has anyone chucked an Xcarlink with the Bluetooth module in to their CL9?

dupac->
06-04-2009, 11:46 PM
too many pages too read.

memory resumes with the USB Xcarlink adapter?

and anyone know their contact?

the "contact us" link doesnt seem to be working

theyve seemed to taken off the honda section....

aiball
08-04-2009, 01:03 AM
nothing wrong with the chinese ones.. been using it for ages before installing new deck

kingfisher29
08-04-2009, 08:26 PM
too many pages too read.

memory resumes with the USB Xcarlink adapter?

and anyone know their contact?

the "contact us" link doesnt seem to be working

theyve seemed to taken off the honda section....

yeah, i went to the website www.xcarlink.com.au and click under Honda and there's nothing there......i was like WTF???

I hope it was just an error when they were updating their website

matm
09-04-2009, 09:26 PM
I just ended up ordering mine from the UK (www.xcarlink.co.uk) because they were reasonable enough with pricing, and had all the information I wanted handy.

Bought with a Bluetooth module and just finished installing it. It's a pretty seamless install, and so far I really like it. I'll give it a proper try out tomorrow with some more A2DP streaming audio from my Bluetooth phone.

If anyone's interested, I took a lot of install photos?

kingfisher29
09-04-2009, 11:42 PM
I just ended up ordering mine from the UK (www.xcarlink.co.uk) because they were reasonable enough with pricing, and had all the information I wanted handy.

Bought with a Bluetooth module and just finished installing it. It's a pretty seamless install, and so far I really like it. I'll give it a proper try out tomorrow with some more A2DP streaming audio from my Bluetooth phone.

If anyone's interested, I took a lot of install photos?

yeah, if you can share those photos that would be great.

how long did you wait for them to post from UK?

i reckon we should make thread to teach / recommend people with xcarlink installs and where to get them.

matm
10-04-2009, 11:23 AM
It came pretty quickly. I purchased online late last Friday night, and it arrived yesterday (Thursday). So less than a week.

I'll pick out the relevant photos from my install and put them up.

kingfisher29
10-04-2009, 12:15 PM
cool, share us how you feel about that xcarlink.

if everything is good and there's no fuss about it, i might buy one from the uk website as well.

dupac->
15-04-2009, 12:40 AM
i got mine off a friend.
piss easy to install and piss easy to take out the console.

and the PLUG is right under the oem cd player unit.. so all easy !

need help any with installation let me know..
i installed it while driving to my mates house.

took out the console and gear knob and all.. while driving. i shit u not...

its that easy

doosra
15-04-2009, 01:02 AM
cool, share us how you feel about that xcarlink.

if everything is good and there's no fuss about it, i might buy one from the uk website as well.

great device.. i've got it in my euro.. sound quality is great, u still get the use of controls.. installation is piss easy.. there should be a DIY on YouTube..

The sound is softer than coming direct from Radio or CD .. but still good as you don't have to burn cd's.. great value for money..

hughba
15-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Again, you can purchase these within Australia. I have done so from this seller and received a genuine, quality (not Chinese) XCarlink. I purchased the ipod version. I suggest you contact them and save yourself the time and hassle of getting one from overseas.

http://shop.ebay.com.au/merchant/sydneyinstallers_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdo Z

doosra
15-04-2009, 10:31 AM
I got mine direct off the xcarlink.com.au website..

The person who was sent out the order and was responding to my emails was
Philip Thai, Regional Manager

His email address is philt@xcarlink.com.au. It would be worth emailing him

king9
16-04-2009, 08:16 PM
anyone able to get rid of the hissing?

felixd
17-04-2009, 06:00 AM
hmm the trouble is that xcarlink have the unit can stop playing if the usb / sd card have too many songs, it'll lag and stop reading the drive. Keep the music folder minimal.

kingfisher29
19-04-2009, 12:52 AM
how many is too many? like 4G full of mp3? 8G?

btw, i've ordered an xcarlink as well, just waiting for it to arrive at this stage.

|nick|
16-06-2009, 11:31 AM
Again, you can purchase these within Australia. I have done so from this seller and received a genuine, quality (not Chinese) XCarlink. I purchased the ipod version. I suggest you contact them and save yourself the time and hassle of getting one from overseas.

http://shop.ebay.com.au/merchant/sydneyinstallers_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdo Z

i ordered one from these guys, it's definately the china version. Feels quite cheap. Will see how it goes.

How much did you guys pay? Anyone else buy from this seller? any problems?

Euro08Jaz
21-06-2009, 08:02 PM
Hey is it possible to use xcarlink with the satnav? how difficult is install?

huey888
23-06-2009, 07:33 AM
Euro08Jaz

I've got a CL9 Euro with Sat Nav & an Xcarlink. Installed it myself in a few hours and it was p*ss easy. Would have only taken 20 minutes to install if I wasn't so particular where I located the actual unit. Works perfectly.

There's a link earlier in this thread to a overseas forum, which has pictures of one being installed in a Sat Nav head unit.

Euro08Jaz
23-06-2009, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the reply mate, do you have any photos of how you set it up? i was thinking of getting a holder for the ipod so that i could mount in away that i could see it whilst driving.

huey888
23-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Euro08Jaz,

I don't have any photo's, but you won't need any. I've put the unit in the storage bin under the arm rest inside the centre console, as mine is the USB/SD card version.
There's a removeable section near the power/lighter outlet that's attached by 1 philips screw. If you take this bit off, you can then get the Xcarlink into the storage bin. Then just file a small wedge off the side of this plate so the cable passes back through when it's reattached. You can then run the cable back to the sat nav head unit in the car.
I then just got a small block of plastic and used double sided tape to stick it to the side of the storage bin. Make sure you use quality tape or it'll fall off though. I got some heavy duty 3M stuff at Bunnings (cost about $5.00 for a small roll).

Euro08Jaz
03-07-2009, 12:09 PM
Hey just got my xcarlink for ipod today, not sure how to install the link of the navi install is dead, would that youtube video still help me? Would love to see pics of how you guys have placed your units.

Update:

Im ****ing retarted, i cant get the knob off the gear stick, its got a clip on it that broke slightly. and i couldnt get the console around it out and cracked it slightly trying i can get the first 2 clips but not the back ones no matter how hard i try. I used the method of pulling up at the shift boot which was also iin effective. Any one in canberra want to help me do this lol?!

update 2

Got most of the trim off up 2 the dvd player for the gps and stumped for what to do next. i unscrewed all the screws i could see and expected the gps to slide out which isnt happening what to do now?

Euro08Jaz
12-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Hey got everything installed but after a few days im not able to use the controls on my ipod and steering but it does occasionally play music but than starts repeating the song. my ipod is coming up with a honda emblem and says charging is not supported, also my navi isnt working.please offer any advice.

Euro08Jaz
06-08-2009, 01:22 AM
Hi

I bought from you guys, Great product and communication although i had a little difficulty installing. But overall thanks heaps.

mrdouble08
29-08-2009, 10:25 PM
I would recommend the Honda ipod/iphone Xcarlink system. Easy as to install and it just works. You can use the controls through the steering wheel and all of the random, repeat buttons work just like it was a CD - brillant solution for under $200. Thanks to Harry from Sydneyinstallers. Now I can get rid of that crappy FM transmitter and play my mp3s from my iphone through my euro!

xxb4xx
30-08-2009, 03:02 AM
I had the same issue with the same songs playing again and again and no iPod control, change the disc number to 1 using the disc +- buttons.. Disc 1 is open playlist, 2346789 are your playlists on the iPod/iPhone, recently added/played etc..

fjear
31-08-2009, 06:32 PM
my Xcarlink now only plays on left speaker which is extremely annoying...!

anyone else have this problem? I tried switching usb sticks but didn't help, occasionally if you twist the usb stick in the xcarlink usb slot side to side, the sound may come out of both speakers but then just goes back to the left speaker once you let go..

any ideas?

xxb4xx
01-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Call them up and tell them whats happening, and get a replacement unit..

Have you tried re-connecting the unit in case the connections are loose? or the stacker connection etc?

r-r-redEuro
04-09-2009, 05:01 PM
my Xcarlink now only plays on left speaker which is extremely annoying...!

anyone else have this problem? I tried switching usb sticks but didn't help, occasionally if you twist the usb stick in the xcarlink usb slot side to side, the sound may come out of both speakers but then just goes back to the left speaker once you let go..

any ideas?

i had that problem but not with the USB port but the 3mm audio jack port. The problem is the port itself, inside the port there are tiny metal wires that receive the signal from the usb or audio jack
and if they get pushed and pulled in too much they stay in that position and it wont touch one side of the usb stick or audio jack.
i got a pin and pulled it out alittle and made it stay there so now all speaker works.
( please excue my dodgey explaination )

Call them up and tell them whats happening, and get a replacement unit..

Have you tried re-connecting the unit in case the connections are loose? or the stacker connection etc?

ive done that too it did nothing. so i was playing with my audio jack and trying to see why and i realised the wire was only touching one side of the audio jack.

rayd
03-10-2009, 05:40 PM
has anyone tried the AUX in on the xcarlink itself??

i was wondering if the input in the AUX in and the iPod could be played at the same time.

thanks,
~Ray

VTi_b0i
23-11-2009, 05:44 PM
im looking at all of you that have these which makes me want to get one too but its turning me off, due to how many of you say there are so many little problems/ things you dont like...maybe i could see some of you at a meet and see some for real?