PDA

View Full Version : EP3 Type R

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

egads
05-06-2008, 10:12 AM
here you go

- Cant post an item for sale ?

Due to problems we have been having with people taking advantage of the marketplace on ozhonda, in order to post items for sale the title under your username must display 'Member'.

To become a "Member" you need to have been registered for at least 90 days AND have at least 1 Post Quality point. That is, the little box under your profile needs to be green. More information on the Post Quality System is here.

NOTE: Your post count has nothing to do with becoming a Member.

Those are the rules. If you have a problem, make a post in the Site discussion forum.

Do not PM a mod/admin in regards to this as they will not reply your PM.

8a8y8
05-06-2008, 10:24 AM
yeah i read that and i still don;t understand what they want me to do
i been a member for more than 90days and i have posted in the forum before ???

Philip Lee
05-06-2008, 11:23 AM
yeah i read that and i still don;t understand what they want me to do
i been a member for more than 90days and i have posted in the forum before ???

yeah kinda weird.

maybe make a post at site discussion forum as required?

btw what are you selling? lol

sai_ANN
05-06-2008, 11:29 AM
you need to have at least one post quality point to be a member in order to sell (i.e. have a little green box under your avatar)

in order to get it you have to post something that's useful to another member and if it's noticed by a moderator (or somebody else who has at least 50 PQ already) then they can give you a PQ point...

typercivic
05-06-2008, 12:15 PM
I didn't know that last time and said in this thread anyone interested in a gear boot i have leftover as I don't want to start a thread just for that and got told of and banned from selling for 6 months so I've got wind deflectors that i wanted to sell just sitting under my bed now lol should have read it better. Pm one of the mods to confirm if you don't understand to be safe.

btw what are you selling? lol

x 2 haha

aaronng
05-06-2008, 12:38 PM
You need a post quality point. That is why. This is not the place to be asking this. Read the stickied thread in the FS section.

8a8y8
05-06-2008, 01:42 PM
im not sure if i can post it here but heres the list

gruppm m intake
buddyclub extractors
Hondata kpro ecu tune with dyno reading 142kwatw
M & M honda strunt which clears the gruppe m
M & M honda engine damper
cusco rear strunt

that all i have atm i wanna strip everything back to standard and sell the car

will perfer selling it in 1 lot taking offers at the moment
it all on the car so for those who want it, they must come and take it off them self and they must put the factory one back on ( i have all factory parts so i will not be needing yours)

only been in the car for 1-2 months
and the car has only been driven on the track
so it hasn't seen much Kms

8a8y8
05-06-2008, 01:43 PM
if this is not allowed mod just take it off
thanks

SuperSteve
05-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Whats the name of shift boot that your using di ?

8a8y8
05-06-2008, 06:17 PM
oh yeah i forgot about that
anyway too many people are pm me with individual items. I will perfer selling it all at one go

Just throw me some offer you never know you might just get lucky

Nepolian
05-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Selling already :( what are you getting....new GTR :O

BTW....anyone going to WSID on the 11th??

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91376&page=4

sai_ANN
05-06-2008, 10:56 PM
Whats the name of shift boot that your using di ?

no name...it's just black leather with red stitching that was premade for all the EP3 owners that hate feeling like they're driving a truck :p

i have a friend who just went to a trim person and got one made...shouldn't be too expensive... :)

typercivic
05-06-2008, 11:00 PM
i got mine here through this guy, quick postage as well.

http://www.mrgaiter.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=238

egads
06-06-2008, 01:20 AM

hows the fit and finish? pic of it installed thanks

SuperSteve
06-06-2008, 01:57 AM
thanks for the info lads ill definately b looking into changing the stock shift boot, it looks ugly lol

typercivic
06-06-2008, 02:27 AM
will take a photo for you in the morning and post up.

does anyone know if the rear plastic trim behind the seats near the boot will have to be removed/modified to fit a rear strut brace(cusco/J's racing)?

sai_ANN
06-06-2008, 10:17 AM

sounds familiar...i've got a feeling that i got it from this company too...but off ebay... :)

did you have any trouble fitting it?

ekhybrid
06-06-2008, 06:49 PM
what is ur location

typercivic
06-06-2008, 07:48 PM
sounds familiar...i've got a feeling that i got it from this company too...but off ebay... :)

did you have any trouble fitting it?

yeh he sells them on ebay as well so most likely same guy.

mine was a huge pain as the gaiter was way too long and big so after a lot of messing around had to cut it off at the top and fold in if it makes sense.

will get a photo up of how i did it and what it looks like as had a few ppl as for that.

how did you go with fitting yours? how did you do it so the top bit stays in under the chrome little round piece?

typercivic
06-06-2008, 07:50 PM
8a8y8, did you have to take off the plastic trim or cut it for the rear cusco brace to fit? i'm assuming it's the brace that goes behind rear seats in the boot.

8a8y8
06-06-2008, 07:57 PM
8a8y8, did you have to take off the plastic trim or cut it for the rear cusco brace to fit? i'm assuming it's the brace that goes behind rear seats in the boot.

take off the plastic trim

im in sydney

sai_ANN
06-06-2008, 11:56 PM
yeh he sells them on ebay as well so most likely same guy.

mine was a huge pain as the gaiter was way too long and big so after a lot of messing around had to cut it off at the top and fold in if it makes sense.

will get a photo up of how i did it and what it looks like as had a few ppl as for that.

how did you go with fitting yours? how did you do it so the top bit stays in under the chrome little round piece?

most probably...lol..

i had a few issues as well...in my case it was a of a tight fit around the black bit...ended up heating the leather to stretch it over the black bit and also snipped little holes at the edge to hook onto the bits on the black bit so it has no chance of slipping off...

as for the top bit...the multi-purpose uses of cable ties come in handy...lol...basically the silver bit always stays next to the knob... :p

Philip Lee
07-06-2008, 05:02 PM
and what method did you guys and girls used to take that plastic trim off the dash to do the boot??

thanks in advance.

typercivic
07-06-2008, 05:11 PM
i can do a little d.i.y with pics for everyone on my gear boot and how to take of the dash and plastic trim if you want as had to do it to put fm expander on for stereo as well as boot.

basically, there are 3 clips, one at the bottom, top right and top left of the bottom section but pull out the bottom first then right and left but left one is a pain as pretty tough to get out as you don't want to break the clip.

Nepolian
07-06-2008, 05:13 PM
and what method did you guys and girls used to take that plastic trim off the dash to do the boot??

thanks in advance.

Phil, you can use the "Two finger in the boot and pull" method, as seen in many old Chinese Shaolin movies :)

sai_ANN
07-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Phil, you can use the "Two finger in the boot and pull" method, as seen in many old Chinese Shaolin movies :)

LOL...that's right...just be careful to be gentle otherwise you can break the clips... (no...i didn't do that...) :)

Philip Lee
08-06-2008, 11:25 AM

lol hahaha

Frost_FD
10-06-2008, 04:26 PM
TyperCivic

was that you driving yesterday around 5pm on wellington st?
If so i saw your car

typercivic
10-06-2008, 05:37 PM
i can't actually remember ha ha but probs would have been.

Frost_FD
10-06-2008, 06:25 PM
i can't actually remember ha ha but probs would have been.

Are u chinese and good looking? hahaha must have been you

typercivic
10-06-2008, 09:10 PM
no and im gonna say yes to the second one lol but seriously i wasn't driving it yesterday but would have been my car.

SuperSteve
10-06-2008, 11:34 PM
typercivic a/s/l ?

LOL

samsung001
12-06-2008, 12:48 PM
I'm just wondering if anyone here would have a same thought as me that to respray the stock rims in black or bronze(MY EP3 is in white)? Or even want to change another set of nicer and lighter rim?

bradb16a
12-06-2008, 12:53 PM
my new rims for my ride got some RE-070's (225/45/17) to go with
and is there ever going to be a meet and greet for ep3 nsw owners.

samsung001
12-06-2008, 01:05 PM

oh man. It looks really cool ! how much did u pay for it ?!

questera
12-06-2008, 01:09 PM
I'm just wondering if anyone here would have a same thought as me that to respray the stock rims in black or bronze(MY EP3 is in white)? Or even want to change another set of nicer and lighter rim?

Personally for me, i will try to keep my original rims in their original color. Respraying will cost around $100 each rims so i would rather get a new set of wheels.

what size would you prefer for a new set of rims?

Looks nice, that must cost a bit of $$$.
Did you just bought your EP3?

sai_ANN
12-06-2008, 01:28 PM

i'd say get new rims and sell the EP3 rims to help pay for the new rims... :) you should be able to get a decent amount of cash for them if they're in good condition...

samsung001
12-06-2008, 01:38 PM
Respraying will cost around $100 each rims so i would rather get a new set of wheels.

what size would you prefer for a new set of rims?

$100 each? i thought it will be below$250. I will stick with 17" if i go for a new set.

bradb16a
12-06-2008, 01:57 PM
rims are 17x8 and cost 3K for them rims $200 mf10 caps and $240 for the mugen lugs ...
had my ep3 for 4 months going all mugen

samsung001
12-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Wow…..you’re rich. I have spent around 2k for all my mods (intake and exhaust). A set of rims is already over mine. Man…….3k!!! I definitley can’t afford that much. I will after something around 1.5k after getting the money back from tax return….. :cool:

samsung001
12-06-2008, 04:17 PM
is there ever going to be a meet and greet for ep3 nsw owners.

yea....should we arrange something?

NightRyder
12-06-2008, 08:16 PM
I was considering organising one but just haven't had the time, unless we join the monthly meet that Shogun is organising and that way take advantage of the happy snappers..hehe :)

SuperSteve
12-06-2008, 08:45 PM
any ep3's having problems with there steering ?? Ive take my car to good honda mechanics and there nothing serious but just ANNOYING noises ! ! !
i got my steering rack squeeking noise fixed but now having this weird clucking noise and ive been told its not my cv's just a lil bit of play in my steering nothing to worry about just a noise

Anyone else been hearing noises from the front of there cars ??

Philip Lee
12-06-2008, 09:16 PM
i bought a set of used 18" Rays off a friend. will keep the oem wheels as spare.

i thought about selling the oem wheels to buy new tyres for rays but i guess i'd lose a fair amount of $ as i just paid for new tyres for compliance.

if you want to change colour, might as well buy a set of FD Civic sport wheels as they're pretty much the same design as EP3.

samsung001
13-06-2008, 12:30 AM
any ep3's having problems with there steering ?? Ive take my car to good honda mechanics and there nothing serious but just ANNOYING noises ! ! !
i got my steering rack squeeking noise fixed but now having this weird clucking noise and ive been told its not my cv's just a lil bit of play in my steering nothing to worry about just a noise

I've got this problem but only on turning especially up hill. My mechanic has checked my car and he just couldn't find out the problem that causes the noise. (DAMN IT MAN...the noise just disappeared when he drove my car) He's pretty sure there's nothing wrong with the steering rack. I've read through some posts regarding to this issue. I believe it's still safe to drive. Try to cope with clucking noise mate. Maybe turn the music louder (that's my way):angel:

bradb16a
13-06-2008, 09:00 AM
I've got this problem but only on turning especially up hill. My mechanic has checked my car and he just couldn't find out the problem that causes the noise. (DAMN IT MAN...the noise just disappeared when he drove my car) He's pretty sure there's nothing wrong with the steering rack. I've read through some posts regarding to this issue. I believe it's still safe to drive. Try to cope with clucking noise mate. Maybe turn the music louder (that's my way):angel:

is it a Squeaky noise .........
i had the same issue if you have a look at the steering poll that goes through the fire wall there is a rubber that holds it i spray it with some wd40 in an that stoped it

bradb16a
13-06-2008, 09:07 AM
i will take some pics tonight and post them up

samsung001
13-06-2008, 09:25 AM
i will take some pics tonight and post them up

I think i've used to that damn noise. But if it's just a 5 mins job to fix the problem. WIll do so.....
so thx in advance.

BongStyle
13-06-2008, 12:35 PM

Ive got this exact problem! when i move my steering around doesn't matter whether stationary or driving theres a random clunking noise...took it to a steering & suspension shop to get it fixed but all they said was that my coilover's were missing a "tender spring" and a plate was slipping...no safety concerns at all but would cost $200 a corner to fix! i think i will just have to live with it

SuperSteve
13-06-2008, 04:50 PM
thanks for feedback guys

thank god it sounds like a common problem i thought mayb i was doomed >_< but yeah from what ive read on the civic type r uk forums, there are a couple of issues related to steering but they arent safety concerns just noises. Over in uk though they were lucky because everyone got new parts through warranty. But yeah i guess the music is going to have to go up now haha OMG HECTIC BASS ULEH !

Nepolian
13-06-2008, 05:57 PM
Just get a new exhaust, like the one I have for sale :p

Pm for details :)

So when are we gonna have a EP3 meet up?

No one wants to go to the Oz Honda runs????? theres one on the 25th June!

i-vtec
13-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Can anyone verify if they have speaker in the back of the ep3s? Cos i havent got any its just blank.

Nepolian
13-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Mine dont. Being a Type R, I assume that its a weight saving thing! Sounds good anyway. But it does look like there are provisions for one if you want to install!

NightRyder
13-06-2008, 07:31 PM
there are speakers in the rear if I am not mistaken?? They are located next to the back seats. I could have sworn when I installed my deck I heard them while testing.....have to double check now...haha

SuperSteve
13-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Can anyone verify if they have speaker in the back of the ep3s? Cos i havent got any its just blank.

i got back speakers. That is if ur talking about the speakers in the wall under the back privacy windows.

typercivic
13-06-2008, 09:46 PM
i have got speakers next to back seats in the trim.

egads
13-06-2008, 10:08 PM

same here. sounds like someone removed yours i-vtec for some weight saving lol

BongStyle
14-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Mine have been taken out as well!!

Nepolian
14-06-2008, 09:14 AM
Might be a case of some come with it and some dont!

samsung001
14-06-2008, 10:26 AM

Same....i do have !!!

samsung001
14-06-2008, 10:29 AM
I assume that its a weight saving thing!

are u serious ?! weight saving ?!!!! :D ??? if this is the case, honda should take off the a/c, head unit, front speakers etc....... haha....

sai_ANN
14-06-2008, 11:28 AM
are u serious ?! weight saving ?!!!! :D ??? if this is the case, honda should take off the a/c, head unit, front speakers etc....... haha....

honda won't do that...most people want all those extras...hence the gradual move from more raw type r's (e.g. dc2r, ek9r) to well...e.g. the fn2r that has gadgets and gizmo's galore...

but of course...there's nothing stopping you from doing it... :)

egads
14-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Might be a case of some come with it and some dont!

nah pretty sure it would of been stock standard. obviously someones taken them out. luck of the draw, just like how some dont come with headunits.

ekhybrid
14-06-2008, 10:42 PM
hey guys does the dc5 airbox fit the ep3?

Nepolian
14-06-2008, 10:55 PM
nah pretty sure it would of been stock standard. obviously someones taken them out. luck of the draw, just like how some dont come with headunits.

Then why would they come stock standard with speakers if some dont come with headunits :confused:

EKHYBRID - The airbox should be a close fit, but I get the feeling that the EP may be a little smaller tho. Guess you'll never know unless you try!

Anyway....EP3's are cool :p

egads
15-06-2008, 01:12 AM
Then why would they come stock standard with speakers if some dont come with headunits :confused:

i meant from the importers. when you pick it up. obviously ours arent new.

Nepolian
15-06-2008, 08:39 AM
i meant from the importers. when you pick it up. obviously ours arent new.

Freakin quarrantine workers and importer ripping off stereos!

typercivic
15-06-2008, 12:21 PM
i wanted to ask you guys....ever since fitting my strut brace it seems to push the air-con line down a bit and the line now comes very close if not touches/rests on the rocker cover.

should I do something about this and try and raise it and get it away from engine or is it fine like that? I was told it's fine by a few people as it's heat resistant etc but i'm not really comfortable with it there.

Chi
15-06-2008, 12:25 PM
hey guys does the dc5 airbox fit the ep3?

Yes its the same.

The air box bolts onto the engine mounting brackets and not the chasis.

You can even use the stock air box in K20a swaps into other vehicles.

i wanted to ask you guys....ever since fitting my strut brace it seems to push the air-con line down a bit and the line now comes very close if not touches/rests on the rocker cover.

should I do something about this and try and raise it and get it away from engine or is it fine like that? I was told it's fine by a few people as it's heat resistant etc but i'm not really comfortable with it there.

What strut bar? take a pic of the engine bay with it in.

Considering its already near the engine I doubt moving it up or down a bit will make much difference.

Should be fine honestly.

samsung001
15-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Anyway....EP3's are cool :p

yea man......i love my ep3 every sec especially after the mods installed ( GruppeM and RM01A). GREAT CAR !

Just wondering how long u guys would keep your EP3s? 2 yrs 3 yrs? To me, i think i will keep driving it until it's totally non driveable (maybe the engine will dead after 200km? don't know :zip:).........

but....if the FD2R is available here, that is different story....haha:p

typercivic
15-06-2008, 01:07 PM
What strut bar? take a pic of the engine bay with it in.
Considering its already near the engine I doubt moving it up or down a bit will make much difference.
Should be fine honestly.

yeh i wasn't sure as it's so close already like you said but thought would be best to check to be safe. It's a J's Racing brace and i went of the pics that came in the box with it where the air-con line runs under the brace arms but i have taken a couple of pics just then...it's resting on it but should be fine?
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj189/typercivic_photos/Ep3&#37;20photos/IMG_1741.jpg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj189/typercivic_photos/Ep3%20photos/IMG_1744.jpg

egads
15-06-2008, 01:15 PM
looks like a js racing strut brace. looks fine, however ill have a look at my mates one, see how his one sits.

Nepolian
15-06-2008, 05:15 PM
yea man......i love my ep3 every sec especially after the mods installed ( GruppeM and RM01A). GREAT CAR !

Just wondering how long u guys would keep your EP3s? 2 yrs 3 yrs? To me, i think i will keep driving it until it's totally non driveable (maybe the engine will dead after 200km? don't know :zip:).........

but....if the FD2R is available here, that is different story....haha:p

Wait until you get headers/ecu and cams.....awesome!

samsung001
15-06-2008, 06:52 PM
nah........i don't think i will spend $ on mods anymore......mine one is 02 model........a bit old.......

BongStyle
15-06-2008, 06:56 PM
nah........i don't think i will spend $ on mods anymore......mine one is 02 model........a bit old.......

What is the car like with the RMO1A and Gruppe M? is it very loud when cruising or only on a lot of throttle? i'm thinking of changing my setup..

Nepolian
15-06-2008, 07:18 PM

LOL! People are spending more than what the EP3's are worth on EG/EK/DC!

2002 model...thats just on 6 years at worse. Plenty of life in these Hondas!

SuperSteve
15-06-2008, 08:18 PM
yeap the cars are 6 years old but with low km's. I would say my ep3 is still practically brand new even though its a 2002 model aswell. Once i get the funds together im definately getting aftermarket exhaust/headers/ecu tuned FOR SURE ! ! then if i wanna keep going ill start touching internals

i-vtec
15-06-2008, 08:26 PM
yeh i wasn't sure as it's so close already like you said but thought would be best to check to be safe. It's a J's Racing brace and i went of the pics that came in the box with it where the air-con line runs under the brace arms but i have taken a couple of pics just then...it's resting on it but should be fine?
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj189/typercivic_photos/Ep3%20photos/IMG_1741.jpg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj189/typercivic_photos/Ep3%20photos/IMG_1744.jpg

That is how my j's racing strut brace is installed also. been driving with it on for 2 wks n still fine.

Nepolian
15-06-2008, 08:29 PM
yeap the cars are 6 years old but with low km's. I would say my ep3 is still practically brand new even though its a 2002 model aswell. Once i get the funds together im definately getting aftermarket exhaust/headers/ecu tuned FOR SURE ! ! then if i wanna keep going ill start touching internals

^ Sounds kinda gay, LOL!

Toda 2.2 stroker! FTW

SuperSteve
15-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Hahahahahaha ! !

Chi
15-06-2008, 09:06 PM
^ Sounds kinda gay, LOL!

Toda 2.2 stroker! FTW

Tracy Sports 2.4 Stroker > Toda 2.2 stroker.

lol

ekhybrid
15-06-2008, 09:12 PM

how many kms u got?

Philip Lee
15-06-2008, 10:04 PM
regarding the lack of HU/speakers. ALL EP3 came without them. i guess it's a type r thing. if your car has HU/speakers, they're either factory options fitted or aftermarket.

i'm planning to keep my EP3 for as long as i can. i dun see the need for a faster car as fuel price is only gonna get worse and i just love the factory track car thing.

Nepolian
15-06-2008, 10:33 PM
Tracy Sports 2.4 Stroker > Toda 2.2 stroker.

lol

^ Can that rev?

typercivic
16-06-2008, 12:52 AM
That is how my j's racing strut brace is installed also. been driving with it on for 2 wks n still fine.

ohh k cool. I just saw on the uk forums that some guy had the same issue so he did this to solve it, he made a good point that this will wear through as well but be a lot cheaper to replace a bit of hose/pipe than the air-con line so i think i might do that as well.
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj189/typercivic_photos/Ep3%20photos/IMG_0159.jpg

egads
16-06-2008, 08:30 AM
cool. perhaps put some where the piping is touching the strut brace aswell while youre at it.

samsung001
16-06-2008, 10:16 AM
What is the car like with the RMO1A and Gruppe M? is it very loud when cruising or only on a lot of throttle? i'm thinking of changing my setup..

yea man!!!! I would say it's the perfect setup to me! Definitely noticeable difference.....the exhaust is not loud at all.............;)

i got the RMO1A installed before the GruppeM...........honestly...i didn't notice any difference with just RMO1A installed (except the sound)...however, after getting the GruppeM...:thumbsup:...it 's a different car i would say!!!!!! i cannot figure out if the GruppeM(ONLY) or this combination does the job........:confused:

samsung001
16-06-2008, 10:36 AM
yeap the cars are 6 years old but with low km's. I would say my ep3 is still practically brand new even though its a 2002 model aswell.

when the time i picked up my car, it was around 36k on the clock. But....do you believe that ??? 02 car just ONLY 36K? it just doesn't sense...well....at least me and my mechanic don't believe it........anyways....as long as it's in good condition...it's still fine to me......:thumbsup:

Once i get the funds together im definately getting aftermarket exhaust/headers/ecu tuned FOR SURE ! ! then if i wanna keep going ill start touching internals

Good on ya.........do you know how much would that cost for upgrading ECU and headers?????? good gain for these mods ?

Philip Lee
16-06-2008, 11:03 AM
when the time i picked up my car, it was around 36k on the clock. But....do you believe that ??? 02 car just ONLY 36K? it just doesn't sense...well....at least me and my mechanic don't believe it........anyways....as long as it's in good condition...it's still fine to me......:thumbsup:

well do you have any books? were you supplied with an auction paper (if the car was sourced from auction). auction paper is usually spot on.

i used to own an Japanese imported Mx5 and after 15 odd years the car travelled around 35k km!!! i was given service history etc to prove.

sai_ANN
16-06-2008, 11:03 AM

Good on ya.........do you know how much would that cost for upgrading ECU and headers?????? good gain for these mods ?

that's coz in japan it costs more to register a car that has more than 50k on it...hence why most people sell their cars before it gets to that point...mine is 2004 and only had low 20k on it...

k-pro is $1000+, headers is $1400+ and tune is $400-500...

with full exhaust, intake mods and tune you'd probably get something in the vicinity of 140-145 fwkw (depending on what you get)...

Philip Lee
16-06-2008, 11:38 AM
how many kw does a stock car pull?

sai_ANN
16-06-2008, 12:36 PM
how many kw does a stock car pull?

supersteve got 119.3 fwkw...

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84191

Philip Lee
16-06-2008, 12:46 PM
^thanks for that.

$3k for another 20-25kw. not bad at all.

sai_ANN
16-06-2008, 12:48 PM
^thanks for that.

$3k for another 20-25kw. not bad at all.

you forgot the money for the intake mods and labour...probably closer to 4k...

and power isn't the be all and end all...no point getting top power when your car is handling like a boat coz you haven't spend any money on suspension mods...LOL...

Philip Lee
16-06-2008, 01:14 PM
i'd think suspension should still be ok. but the brakes will need upgrading.

Chi
16-06-2008, 01:16 PM
Stock Brakes are pretty good.

Just change pads and rotors if you track otherwise stock is fine.

Nepolian
16-06-2008, 01:34 PM
^^ Agreed, definately need pad change (minium). Rest is quite sufficient, even on the track. Remember the amount of braking upgrade is dependant on how often you track and the mods you have. i.e faster you go, quicker you need to stop! Personally I dont go to the track enough to go all out on sussy. So I spend the money on the engine :p

Kpro/100 fitted and tuned well costs approx $1500 +. Remember each car is different and should be tuned to suit.

Guys, can I recommend you fit a 3" Exhaust if you're thinking of modding the car. I just got 3" installed in place of the 2.5 and there is so much difference.

Catch is the 3" is heaps louder, I reckon at least 5db on idle and 10db+ @ wot. I do miss the sound of the 2.5 though, 3" sounds a little tinny. I suppose all hondas do with big exhausts :(

It is so responsive across the range! If you are going to do I/H/E & Kpro, go the 3". Im considering installing the VAREX exhaust to quieten it down a little!

i-vtec
16-06-2008, 02:20 PM
nepolian - could u do a sound clip on wat your 3" exhaust sounds like ?

Philip Lee
16-06-2008, 03:29 PM
wheel alignment, what are you guys running atm?

thanks

samsung001
16-06-2008, 03:33 PM
well do you have any books? were you supplied with an auction paper (if the car was sourced from auction). auction paper is usually spot on.

i used to own an Japanese imported Mx5 and after 15 odd years the car travelled around 35k km!!! i was given service history etc to prove.

I was given the auction report from the dealer(IMG). But, i do believe ppl in japan would also just made it up and put whatever km there. OR....they adjusted the km on the clock before sending the car to auction. Who knows?

and power isn't the be all and end all...no point getting top power when your car is handling like a boat coz you haven't spend any money on suspension mods...LOL...

:thumbsup: exactly right ! suspension is my next mod if i do have fund to spend...haha :zip: but i think i will feel guilty if i do this coz the stock one is already quite good. :p

Philip Lee
16-06-2008, 03:38 PM
I was given the auction report from the dealer(IMG). But, i do believe ppl in japan would also just made it up and put whatever km there. OR....they adjusted the km on the clock before sending the car to auction. Who knows?

auction sheets are usually accurate. auction places might be sued if they put incorrect information on them. usually if they think the km has been adjusted, they would put that on the auction sheet.

at the end of the day, it's the condition of the car that's the most important.

samsung001
16-06-2008, 03:53 PM
auction sheets are usually accurate. auction places might be sued if they put incorrect information on them. usually if they think the km has been adjusted, they would put that on the auction sheet.

at the end of the day, it's the condition of the car that's the most important.

yes. that's right.

Nepolian
16-06-2008, 06:26 PM
nepolian - could u do a sound clip on wat your 3" exhaust sounds like ?

^ Give me your email details!

Nepolian
16-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Hey guys, just fitted a P2R power intake to the car and the mid/high gain is noticable. Great upgrade to do when you do the intake gasket!

For those who dont know, the P2R power intake is a little metal box which you bolt to the bottom of the inlet manifold. I increases the volume of the inlet manifold. Dont know the exact increase of volume though.

Chi
16-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Nepolian its called a Intake Manifold Plenum.

I have one too but RCREW.

http://www.rcrewracing.com/images/rcrewpimp_a.jpg
http://www.rcrewracing.com/images/rcrewpimp_b.jpg

Nepolian
16-06-2008, 10:20 PM
^^ that looks alot bigger than the p2r ones. Did you done a comparison on the dyno. What are your thoughts in the r-crew ones?

typercivic
16-06-2008, 10:22 PM
what was involved in getting these things fitted? just the Intake Manifold Plenum or other bits and pieces as well? worth it getting one of these? where to get from?

Nepolian
16-06-2008, 10:36 PM
what was involved in getting these things fitted? just the Intake Manifold Plenum or other bits and pieces as well? worth it getting one of these? where to get from?

Well, its actuall a piece of piss to actually install the power plenum. But.....you need to remove the inlet manifold. Therefore I suggest that you do all the intake mods you want at the same time (plastic intake manifold gasket) etc.. Especially if you are gonna pay someone to do it.

I got the stuff from jdmyard...

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58506

Worth while investment imo.

Chi
16-06-2008, 10:52 PM
If you want a decent IM upgrade then I suggest the following

RBC modified to suit K20a and ported to suit Larger TB.
Larger TB
Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket
Karcepts or Rcew adapter for K20a TB onto RBC IM.

Nepolian
16-06-2008, 10:59 PM
If you want a decent IM upgrade then I suggest the following

RBC modified to suit K20a and ported to suit Larger TB.
Larger TB
Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket
Karcepts or Rcew adapter for K20a TB onto RBC IM.

^^ Was gonna do that, but with the EP, you need to cut the radiator support amongst other things. Anyway, I've decided to keep the PRC and probably just use a Toda/Spoon/Custom enlarged t/b.

I'm happy to sacrafice a bit up top and keep a little mid range :)

typercivic
17-06-2008, 12:09 AM
Well, its actuall a piece of piss to actually install the power plenum. But.....you need to remove the inlet manifold. Therefore I suggest that you do all the intake mods you want at the same time (plastic intake manifold gasket) etc.. Especially if you are gonna pay someone to do it.

I got the stuff from jdmyard...

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58506

Worth while investment imo.

def interested in it if, how bout tuning wise though? did you touch anything or just chucked it on and left it?

egads
17-06-2008, 01:14 AM
interesting about the power plenum. pics of it installed nepolian?

Nepolian
17-06-2008, 08:41 AM
interesting about the power plenum. pics of it installed nepolian?

Just go to the link I posted and its just basically that bolted on to the underside of the inlet!

Heres the best pic I could get atm!

Philip Lee
17-06-2008, 09:22 AM
wheel alignment, what are you guys running atm?

thanks

so no one has any suggestion??

cheers

Nepolian
17-06-2008, 09:29 AM
so no one has any suggestion??

cheers

Go off the specs for DC5R as they share same sussy setup!

Chi
17-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Go off the specs for DC5R as they share same sussy setup!

Not really.
Are you comparing JDM or AUDM DC5R?

AUDM DC5R uses different tie rod ends and the stock height is different too.

EP3 is about 3/4 inch lower than AUDM DC5R.

def interested in it if, how bout tuning wise though? did you touch anything or just chucked it on and left it?

With the majority of mods to the engine liek intake or exhaust related, it would benefit more greatly with an aftermarket ecu tune.

But Im running mine without one atm and its fine.

Have tried it with a kpro for fun and it was 10x better.

typercivic
17-06-2008, 12:32 PM
With the majority of mods to the engine liek intake or exhaust related, it would benefit more greatly with an aftermarket ecu tune.
But Im running mine without one atm and its fine.
Have tried it with a kpro for fun and it was 10x better.

yeh i don't have the funds atm for kpro so that will have to wait till i get more work done to the car and get it tuned at once. might just get power plenum done later on as well then.

someone mentioned getting a vafc2 to just alter a/f ratios and make sure all is running right but i don't know if that is worth it or just save up for kpro?

Chi
17-06-2008, 12:36 PM
If getting the VAFC2 was more than enough I think most people would of done that instead of Kpro dont you think? lol

I sure as hell would if it would solve it that easily.

Philip Lee
17-06-2008, 12:39 PM
if u're going to get kpro eventually, don't get the vafc now as this is just a waste of $$. however if u don't plan to get ecu then vafc would be good to balance your mixture.

typercivic
17-06-2008, 01:15 PM
yeh exactly. the vafc2 would only be a stop gap till the kpro anyway as it's very limited in what it can do, only there to make sure things are running fine till kpro.

aaronng
17-06-2008, 02:02 PM
VAFC only controls fuel. You need to control ignition and cam timing advance as well in order to get good gains.

SuperSteve
17-06-2008, 04:54 PM
man all this talk about ep3 mods is making me drool

Nepolian
17-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Save yourself the hassel and save up for a full ECU.

typercivic
17-06-2008, 07:51 PM
yeh im gonna start saving for kpro but it's gonna take awhile i think.

taken off my j's racing strut brace today to sell....anyone want it ha ha only a month old from jdm concept

trying to think of what else i can sell that will get me to kpro hmmm...wind deflectors anyone lol

egads
17-06-2008, 09:02 PM
price??

|N|
17-06-2008, 09:30 PM
EP3 here i cummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

questera
17-06-2008, 10:15 PM
just want share something with you guys... Just like you all said intake is the first stage for an effective engine mods

SO During the weekend, I managed to install CAI for my EP. It is Fujita Intake Sytem (Injen rival in USA). i dont know whether you guys have heard them or not but all i can say is i am very happy with it performance wise and also value wise....

It screams when the vtec kicks in at 6k rpm and i can feel the car is more responsive than before.

Have anyone of you use/heard of Fujita?

questera
17-06-2008, 10:16 PM
EP3 here i cummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

welcome to clubbbb.....

what color will you be getting?

egads
17-06-2008, 10:36 PM
there is only one colour. CW!! lol jk

typercivic
17-06-2008, 10:53 PM
price??

did you get my pm?

typercivic
17-06-2008, 10:55 PM
for those of you that have changed your parking globes, how the hell did you get to them? it's in such a tight spot. i was going to remove the HL but then you have to take bumper of and I don't really want to.

|N|
17-06-2008, 11:00 PM
welcome to clubbbb.....

what color will you be getting?

nothing but white...

white is the way to goo...

i got quoted 32k for 04 model in white done 35000km is that too much?

egads
17-06-2008, 11:01 PM
thats about right in my mind.

typercivic
17-06-2008, 11:13 PM
nothing but white...

sounds about right depending on cond etc. was that from a dealer or a broker?

questera
17-06-2008, 11:17 PM
for those of you that have changed your parking globes, how the hell did you get to them? it's in such a tight spot. i was going to remove the HL but then you have to take bumper of and I don't really want to.

you dont have to take off the HL, just try to squeze your hand and try to turn the knob around anti-clockwise.

you should be able to get them off pretty quickly

|N|
17-06-2008, 11:30 PM
its from IMG...

if they can pull it down to 30k then i will be extremely tempted...

typercivic
17-06-2008, 11:36 PM
i had my car complied by IMG, was very happy. Have to be careful with it as if you push down the agreed price with them, they might agree to it but just save money by getting a lesser grade car which will cost them less and allow them to have same margin of profit which is what you don't want unless you can get the auction sheet maybe but even then you have to be careful.

SuperSteve
17-06-2008, 11:52 PM
yeah i got my car from IMG and was very happy with price and condition of the car hehe :) Hey typercivic i managed to change the parkers of my lights and i have HUGE hands so if i can do it im sure u can mate hehe i just squeezed 2 fingers in around and once i had a grip of it with the tip of fingers i twisted it to the left. Remember lefty lefty loosey loosey righty righty tighty tighty ( it sounds lame but u will never forget haha)

|N|
17-06-2008, 11:53 PM
maybe wat i should do it go there... (if they have the car stocked) look at the car and login with that car then start teh bargining fgrmo there...

egads
17-06-2008, 11:58 PM
yeah go down and have a look. they are bound to have an ep3 or 2 in stock. have a test drive etc. and then get tempted by the other imports. evooooo!

SuperSteve
18-06-2008, 12:01 AM
yeah evo galore in the garage.

Hey if u go there and see a green sss thats my old car i traded in :D its a green machine !

typercivic
18-06-2008, 12:02 AM
Steve, i'll give it a shot, i could just get my hand in there but couldn't turn it. that stupid little mount blocks everything ha ha

|N|, like you said go there and see what they have and test drive one and go from there. ask them not just what they have there but what they have on the boat coming in as well. I only talked to them on the phone as im in Perth but found Gavin to be nicer than Andrew lol or as all the guys who have been there say, go talk to the secretary ;)

SuperSteve
18-06-2008, 12:24 AM
hahahahha
GO LOOK AT THE SECRETARY IM TELLING U MATE ! ! *Drools*

|N|
18-06-2008, 12:25 AM
Steve, i'll give it a shot, i could just get my hand in there but couldn't turn it. that stupid little mount blocks everything ha ha

|N|, like you said go there and see what they have and test drive one and go from there. ask them not just what they have there but what they have on the boat coming in as well. I only talked to them on the phone as im in Perth but found Gavin to be nicer than Andrew lol or as all the guys who have been there say, go talk to the secretary ;)

thanks guys... will go .. yea i ve been emailing with Gavin too... seems to be a nice person ... so i will go from there...

secretary?
is she hot?

SuperSteve
18-06-2008, 12:29 AM
go look for urself :) and let us know how u go hehehe

|N|
18-06-2008, 02:37 AM
i shall keep u posted
hahaha

Philip Lee
18-06-2008, 09:05 AM

newer Hondas have to go from the wheel well. Particularly with the FL HL where the parkers are further out at the corner.

take off 2 clips around the fender and squeeze your hand thru the cap.

i changed mine when i had the bumper off.

Philip Lee
18-06-2008, 09:09 AM
i shall keep u posted
hahaha

you shall take a happy snap with the secretary and post here OR BAN!!!!

lol

sai_ANN
18-06-2008, 09:14 AM
nothing but white...

you need to bargain harder...i got a better deal than that...but doubtful that they'll go all the way down to 30k...

and it's probably better to bargain with andrew coz he's the one who actually owns the business...

Philip Lee
18-06-2008, 09:16 AM
i second what sai_ANN said.

especially AUD is stronger now than last year.

typercivic
18-06-2008, 08:15 PM
i think AUD to Yen is 102 now....definitely bargain harder.

someone buy my strut brace so i can get kpro....cmonnnnnnnnnnnnn ha ha

typercivic
19-06-2008, 05:21 PM
got some tein s-tech springs fitted today as i got a deal for them where i don't have to pay anthing lol. springs are from japan and for ep3 so correct springs, car at the front went down 25mm like they said but at the back went UP 10mm. Got the whole suspension place stumped, had everything in and out 3 times and got no idea, what you guys think ha ha

egads
19-06-2008, 05:37 PM
up 10mm?! geez that must suck. hopefully it will settle somewhat? maybe go sit in the boot for a bit and help it along.

typercivic
19-06-2008, 05:38 PM
ha ha yeh gonna let it settle but seriously doubt will settle and drop 25mm to what it should be.

Nepolian
19-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Is it being measured on a level surface......before and after?

I have Spoon springs and they're perfect for what I wanted. About 15mm all round!

typercivic
19-06-2008, 08:25 PM
yeh all level, done by proper suspension only workshop so no schoolboy errors like if i did it ha ha. it's weird what's going on with it

Nepolian
19-06-2008, 08:53 PM
yeh all level, done by proper suspension only workshop so no schoolboy errors like if i did it ha ha. it's weird what's going on with it

Not much you can do to stuff up a sussy install in an EP3. Pretty straight forward. Maybe is just the way the springs are designed?

Any side on pics? What are the measurements between the centre of the wheel to the lip of the guards. Maybe I can give you some comparison measurements off mine!

Car doesnt sit much lower, but its alot stiffer and goes well with the stock shocks!

i-vtec
19-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Is it being measured on a level surface......before and after?

I have Spoon springs and they're perfect for what I wanted. About 15mm all round!

Could you post up a pics of your car lowered?

Nepolian
19-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Just for you i-vtec :)

typercivic have a look at my height! Post #658

typercivic
19-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Nepolian, thanks for that, would have gotten pic of mine but it's pitch black atm. Front looks about the same, as mine will settle about 3-5mm but your rears are how mine should be.

this is straight off tein spec sheet that was with springs, stock height is 345 and should go to 325, but mine went to 355 when we measured at workshop. fulcrum are confused as well but know it's not right, they said let it settle but it obviously won't settle 30mm but it was 4:45pm in queensland and I think they just wanted to go home so said that ha ha bastards

what do you have to adjust your camber front and rear?

Nepolian
19-06-2008, 09:46 PM
Nepolian, thanks for that, would have gotten pic of mine but it's pitch black atm. Front looks about the same, as mine will settle about 3-5mm but your rears are how mine should be.

this is straight off tein spec sheet that was with springs, stock height is 345 and should go to 325, but mine went to 355 when we measured at workshop. fulcrum are confused as well but know it's not right, they said let it settle but it obviously won't settle 30mm but it was 4:45pm in queensland and I think they just wanted to go home so said that ha ha bastards

what do you have to adjust your camber front and rear?

Nothin! No enough drop to affect anything too drastically. Might give a little negish camber but thats all. :)

typercivic
19-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Yeh the current camber is fine but i want some more so I need to get bolts for front and arms for rear to give that extra adjustment.

Philip Lee
20-06-2008, 09:19 AM
so what's the max -ve camber the front can go without additional parts?

when we took off the OEM tyres, the outside is wearing more than the inside so i'm planning a bit more -ve.

SuperSteve
20-06-2008, 09:54 AM
so what's the max -ve camber the front can go without additional parts?

when we took off the OEM tyres, the outside is wearing more than the inside so i'm planning a bit more -ve.

i noticed that with my current tyres and ive just got stock suspension aswell

Philip Lee
20-06-2008, 09:59 AM
^ yeah, i definitely want more -ve camber on the front and i hope i don't need sussy parts to do that. if i do i might as well get some lowering springs.

btw typercivic, did you get your Tein springs locally? if so, how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking.

Nepolian
20-06-2008, 10:08 AM
Camber is not adjustable on the stock suspension. You need to get camber bolts and rear upper arms to do it right! I have actually just ordered some front ones. PM me if youre interested :)

Philip Lee
20-06-2008, 10:37 AM
^ oh damn.... pm sent.

SuperSteve
20-06-2008, 10:47 AM
how about a wheel alignment would that help in anyway ??

Philip Lee
20-06-2008, 10:48 AM
^ if not much adjustment is possible, then an alignment won't do much.

SuperSteve
20-06-2008, 10:51 AM
dam :\

Nepolian
20-06-2008, 10:55 AM
Well, it really depends on your current alignment. Too much toe out will cause premature wear on the outside and vice versa.

It never hurts to have it aligned. But adjustments would be limited!

SuperSteve
20-06-2008, 10:58 AM
ill do a alignment and see how it goes because, SURELY, they couldnt have designed a car to make uneven wear on your tyres

Nepolian
20-06-2008, 11:01 AM
ill do a alignment and see how it goes because, SURELY, they couldnt have designed a car to make uneven wear on your tyres

Wouldnt have anything to do with the white boy racer behind the wheel? :p

SuperSteve
20-06-2008, 11:03 AM
hehe i baby my car :) i drive 50km a day on it so that could b a issue there

Philip Lee
20-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Steve, please post your alignment specs once you're done.

thanks

typercivic
20-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Camber is not adjustable on the stock suspension. You need to get camber bolts and rear upper arms to do it right! I have actually just ordered some front ones. PM me if youre interested :)

pm sent

Malenic1981
20-06-2008, 11:02 PM
Just the idea of how painted stock rims look on EP3
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/2572000-2572999/2572316_34_full.jpg

SuperSteve
20-06-2008, 11:41 PM
hehe i reckon black rims would look hot with cw civic. What you guys reckon ??

Malenic1981
21-06-2008, 12:00 AM
I think on CW or silver would look really good, but all black isn't that bad either, just needs to be lowerd

like the way this guy left red H in center cap
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/2572000-2572999/2572316_27.jpg

samsung001
21-06-2008, 01:56 AM

:thumbsup: i believe so....... hey steve....wanna to make the rims in black together ? there would be a discount for 2 cars.....PM me if u want to.

iversonruls
21-06-2008, 02:38 AM

CW type R of coursee white rims....

true type R look

iversonruls
21-06-2008, 02:39 AM
:thumbsup: i believe so....... hey steve....wanna to make the rims in black together ? there would be a discount for 2 cars.....PM me if u want to.
sell the rims and get new ones
better than painting them

SuperSteve
21-06-2008, 02:16 PM

hahaha tempting mate >_< but im trying to save for rm01a exhaust >_< dam so hard lol

Nepolian
21-06-2008, 04:14 PM
hahaha tempting mate >_< but im trying to save for rm01a exhaust >_< dam so hard lol

You can buy my exhaust :p

Save your money and buy some black rims. Easily had for under 1k these days with tyres!

***Im gonna be at TODA on neat Tuesday (26.6) arvo from about 4pm ish for a little tune! I know alot of you guys are from that way! Pop in for a mini meet :)***

SuperSteve
21-06-2008, 11:45 PM
awesome napolian i just live around the corner ill pop by for a visit :)

peter03
22-06-2008, 04:46 PM
hey does any1 here noe wer 2 get brake pads for the ep3?

i-vtec
22-06-2008, 04:55 PM
s2k pads should fit front n rear

Nepolian
22-06-2008, 04:56 PM
hey does any1 here noe wer 2 get brake pads for the ep3?

Same as DC5R/S2000.

xero
23-06-2008, 08:51 AM
Hey guys !

ill be joining you EP3's owner soon as im on the search for one at the moment just haven't find the color i want yet looks like i gotta get img to import me one hope to meet most of yous on cruise/meets !

Philip Lee
23-06-2008, 10:08 AM
welcome xero, what colouor are you looking for?

sai_ANN
23-06-2008, 10:23 AM
Hey guys !

ill be joining you EP3's owner soon as im on the search for one at the moment just haven't find the color i want yet looks like i gotta get img to import me one hope to meet most of yous on cruise/meets !

it'll be a bit hard considering most of us are in sydney...LOLs...but welcome anyway... :)

xero
23-06-2008, 02:25 PM
welcome xero, what colouor are you looking for?

Hey, since the only colors I've seen so far is black/white im looking for red ! but if worst comes to worst then guess ill go with white =/ just wondering whats the common cai people use injen or aem? and who supply's em for ep3's in the trade section jdmyard?

Philip Lee
23-06-2008, 02:49 PM
red is rare. good luck finding one man.

i think most ppl here have Gruppe M.

sai_Ann above has Injet.

sai_ANN
23-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Hey, since the only colors I've seen so far is black/white im looking for red ! but if worst comes to worst then guess ill go with white =/ just wondering whats the common cai people use injen or aem? and who supply's em for ep3's in the trade section jdmyard?

for red you might have to special order it from an importer coz it'll be a lot harder to sell than black or white if they were to bring it in without a buyer for it already...

have you tried speaking to an importer? or have you only been looking at carsales or equivalent?

typercivic
23-06-2008, 03:16 PM
seems like no one wants silver...oh well i'm not complaining ha ha less of them around.

go the gruppe best thing ever!!!

sai_ANN
23-06-2008, 03:26 PM
seems like no one wants silver...oh well i'm not complaining ha ha less of them around.

LOL...

i wish i got the gruppe m now...but i got the injen one as a present...so i'm not complaining...LOL...maybe upgrade later... :)

typercivic
23-06-2008, 03:33 PM
ha ha sorry. it's great but it is a lot of $$$ to spend so the injen is a great middle ground i think, i just didn't like the idea of filter being in the guard.

Philip Lee
23-06-2008, 03:38 PM
i don't mind being in the guard, but i don't want to butcher my car just yet.

i think i'm the only stock standard car around here.

SuperSteve
23-06-2008, 04:43 PM

i second that ! The Gruppe M intake is bloody tops :thumbsup::thumbsup:

If u ever get a ep3 and looking into getting a gruppe m intake pm me and ill show you how to get one discounted :)

typercivic
23-06-2008, 07:15 PM
i second that ! The Gruppe M intake is bloody tops :thumbsup::thumbsup:

If u ever get a ep3 and looking into getting a gruppe m intake pm me and ill show you how to get one discounted :)

x 2 Steve and I got the good price lol

SuperSteve
23-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Anyone got any dyno figures with the rm01a exhaust installed ??

xero
24-06-2008, 01:11 AM
Hey guys, whats the difference between the jap model EP3's and the euro ones i know one of it is the lsd but is it 1.5 way or 2.0 way? what else is there that the euro specs didn't have someone shed some light please my mod list was after getting the EP3

- Gruppe M intake
- Buddyclub catback spec II
- Buddyclub Racing II Plus wheels (thinking of getting 17's, whats a good width to fill the guards nicely 17x9.0's? whats a good offset too?)
- Tein Coilovers SS
- Remap? Hondata?
- Viper Alarm system ;)

is it worth changing the Extractors just for daily use would it be noticeable in gain? and with ecu whats people using hondata or remap?

Nepolian
24-06-2008, 08:22 AM
Anyone got any dyno figures with the rm01a exhaust installed ??

Steve, exthausts usually give about 5kw gain atw give or take. Its usually the response that increases as there is less restriction and obviously a slight gain throughout the rev range!

I will be at Toda from 3 today :)

Hey guys, whats the difference between the jap model EP3's and the euro ones i know one of it is the lsd but is it 1.5 way or 2.0 way? what else is there that the euro specs didn't have someone shed some light please my mod list was after getting the EP3

- Gruppe M intake
- Buddyclub catback spec II
- Buddyclub Racing II Plus wheels (thinking of getting 17's, whats a good width to fill the guards nicely 17x9.0's? whats a good offset too?)
- Tein Coilovers SS
- Remap? Hondata?
- Viper Alarm system ;)

is it worth changing the Extractors just for daily use would it be noticeable in gain? and with ecu whats people using hondata or remap?

* EP3 we get here are JDM Type R's from Japan, so dont worry about the Euros.

* All parts have been discussed, please search.

* LSD is just a standard 1 way. Dont need anymore unless your doing serious comp.

* Alarm is an alarm, it'll fit any car. EP3 is not tha special :)

* Extractors generally give you an all round gain in the rev range. But that'll depend on which brand. My recommendation is, since the header in the EP3 is quite good, you may go backwards if you dont get a reputable one :)

* With ecu...save up and get a K100/Pro. Best gains!

xero
24-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Steve, exthausts usually give about 5kw gain atw give or take. Its usually the response that increases as there is less restriction and obviously a slight gain throughout the rev range!

I will be at Toda from 3 today :)

* EP3 we get here are JDM Type R's from Japan, so dont worry about the Euros.

* All parts have been discussed, please search.

* LSD is just a standard 1 way. Dont need anymore unless your doing serious comp.

* Alarm is an alarm, it'll fit any car. EP3 is not tha special :)

* Extractors generally give you an all round gain in the rev range. But that'll depend on which brand. My recommendation is, since the header in the EP3 is quite good, you may go backwards if you dont get a reputable one :)

* With ecu...save up and get a K100/Pro. Best gains!

Cheers buddy much appreciated :D

- headers (which brand recommended?)
- ecu (hondata K100/KPRO, i know it'll be better fuel effcient but how much gain would it be "roughly"
- last ive did a search but all these junks came up (sorry new to this forum maybe i don't know how it works properly but can you tell me whats the difference in the jap & euro specs. im just too curious but searching on google and no luck

sai_ANN
24-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Cheers buddy much appreciated :D so with the headers what would you say i go with?

i'm going with toda when the time comes...i think nepolian has that on his car already...

nepolian > how much did the headers cost? PM me if you prefer to keep it quiet...

BongStyle
24-06-2008, 01:16 PM
Me too nepolian cos i'm deciding whether to get some..

Nepolian
24-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Sai ann, xero, bongstyle,

I have Toda, and no they're not cheap. I believe if you are gonna have the car stock internally, go Toda or Buddyclub.

K100/Pro are the same thing, difference is about $300 and a USB outlet. Gain with the ECU is dependant on your mods, but I have never heard anyone disappointed with their Hodata purchase.

Difference between the euro and jdm is pretty much seats, engine, ecu, lsd are the main things. I sure it has been discussed smoewhere. Have another look!

Someone is selling alot of good bits atm. If you cant find him pm me and Ill direct you :)

Philip Lee
24-06-2008, 01:38 PM
can you tell me whats the difference in the jap & euro specs. im just too curious but searching on google and no luck

simply engine, LSD, recaro and some minor equipment.

JDM has the best spec.

Chi
24-06-2008, 01:40 PM
If u TODA headers I know of a place that can get good deals for it.

Much cheaper than RRP.

sai_ANN
24-06-2008, 06:49 PM
Sai ann, xero, bongstyle,

I have Toda, and no they're not cheap. I believe if you are gonna have the car stock internally, go Toda or Buddyclub.

K100/Pro are the same thing, difference is about $300 and a USB outlet. Gain with the ECU is dependant on your mods, but I have never heard anyone disappointed with their Hodata purchase.

Difference between the euro and jdm is pretty much seats, engine, ecu, lsd are the main things. I sure it has been discussed smoewhere. Have another look!

Someone is selling alot of good bits atm. If you cant find him pm me and Ill direct you :)

yeah...i know toda's not cheap...just wondered if you could provide a rough estimate of price...

BongStyle
24-06-2008, 06:57 PM
I just got a quote from TODA and they said for the TODA exhaust, cat, and headers would cost $3000 all up installed, just waiting to find out how much for just the headers now. Does $3000 sound reasonable? i was thinking of getting the RMO1A instead of the TODA exhaust as it has a lot of positive feedback from users.

Chi
24-06-2008, 07:04 PM
Ok when you guys buy a TODA Header be careful what Cat is used.

As TODA headers are decat design.

So who ever puts the cat on will chop the flexi pipe bit to weld on a cat.

3K is kinda high in price.

Nepolian
24-06-2008, 07:15 PM
yeah...i know toda's not cheap...just wondered if you could provide a rough estimate of price...

From memory, I paid $1050 as aprt of a group buy last June/July.

$3000 for a full Toda system is about right, taking into consideration thats RRP.

The toda race headers do require modification which usually means the flex losing out. But the stock system uses the ball flange behind the cat as a flex point so it should be ok.

This acutally goes for the Buddy club one too, if I remember correctly.

So when buy the headers, you should consider the extra cost in fitting the existing cat or a new hi flow one.

I know that Toda (Adrian) can do the headers modified with a new hi flow cat for about $1500-$1700. But you need to confirm that with him.

BongStyle
24-06-2008, 07:21 PM
Just got a PM from adrian, $1950 for the headers and cat installed..

kongfu
24-06-2008, 07:28 PM
yeah Toda header is $1500, cat from TODA AU is $450.

Full exhaust 3k is reasonable...I have RM01A+TODA header on DC5R..perfect combo nice gain! My mate got full Toda on his EP3..I love the titanium tip on Toda catback though.: )

Hope the info helps!

BongStyle
24-06-2008, 07:30 PM
what is the sound like on your friends EP3? i want a system that can be driven quietly when you want to, yet once you open the throttle it screams! i currently have the BC Spec III exhaust and need a change or else lose my hearing...

Nepolian
24-06-2008, 07:34 PM
what is the sound like on your friends EP3? i want a system that can be driven quietly when you want to, yet once you open the throttle it screams! i currently have the BC Spec III exhaust and need a change or else lose my hearing...

LOL....BC3 is almost a straight through, so loud! Only cool for a little while :)

BongStyle
24-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Yep was definately cool at first but im over it now! sometimes you just want to drive with a little quietness but thats just not possible lol

Chi
24-06-2008, 07:37 PM
I wouldnt get the TODA Catback, its very restictive compared to RM 01A or powergetter.

Im not being biased, I have this exhaust myself.

kongfu
24-06-2008, 07:41 PM
I chose full TODA system if I got second chance to do it. Just love the rumble and deep sound of it. Super nice vtec kick in sound.

Nepolian
24-06-2008, 07:41 PM
I wouldnt get the TODA Catback, its very restictive compared to RM 01A or powergetter.

Im not being biased, I have this exhaust myself.

Arent they all 60mm?

Chi
24-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Nothing to do with piping size, its the resonators and muffler design.

Compared to RM01A it felt more restrictive.

kongfu
24-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Different ppl got different opinion towards specific parts.. so its really up to personal preference.

BongStyle
24-06-2008, 07:44 PM
The differences would be minimal im sure, couple of KW here and there...where or who did everyone get their RM01As from? $1300 from JDM yard seems like a fair bit..is that about right?

kongfu
24-06-2008, 07:47 PM
$1300 is reasonable, Fujitsubo is high quality products, they are worth every cent IMO.

I would try full Js racing exhaust for my next Honda ride.

Chi
24-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Different ppl got different opinion towards specific parts.. so its really up to personal preference.

You post ur opinion , I post mine.

As for prices, I suggest you go through the traders section if you want a good deal.

Lets say all the rrp prices in this thread, I've seen much better.

kongfu
24-06-2008, 07:49 PM
You post ur opinion , I post mine.

nothing wrong with that, if you arent happy with my opinion thats your issue.

I never said Im not happy abt your opinion. Take it easy.

Nepolian
24-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Stock exhaust FTW!!!!

egads
24-06-2008, 07:56 PM

rm01a

kongfu
24-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Seriously Im a big fan of RM01A as I have been used for all my honda cars.

But since I looked and tested my friend's TODA catback. Im totally fall in love with it. So far I have friends running full toda on EP3 and S2K..I really love the Js racing design tip which is abit towards the ground as well as the titanium tip finish. very sexy catback and its not loud below 3000RPM its loud once vtec kick in.

egads
24-06-2008, 08:07 PM
very similar pricing. i like the bent burnt tip aswell

egads
24-06-2008, 08:15 PM
The differences would be minimal im sure, couple of KW here and there...where or who did everyone get their RM01As from? $1300 from JDM yard seems like a fair bit..is that about right?

i saw musecret site, it says 1270

http://www.musecret.com.au/product/199/category/56

kongfu
24-06-2008, 08:20 PM

Nice find, just buy it :thumbsup:

SuperSteve
24-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Hey guys anyone know if the rm01a is a straight bolt on ?? would it b a great idea to purchase a metal hi flow cat aswell ?? i was thinking of getting a rm01a and butting it up to the jdm headers for the meantime, would that need any modifications doing that ??

egads
24-06-2008, 09:03 PM
bolt on!

SuperSteve
24-06-2008, 09:05 PM
also i found the rm01a for sale here
http://www.nengun.com/fujitsubo/rm-01a

not sure how much the shipping will cost though

kongfu
24-06-2008, 09:13 PM
EMS cost over $500 alone,plus custom will charge you for large item.

SuperSteve
24-06-2008, 09:17 PM
i sent a enquiry of one being deleivered to my door ill get back to here when i get a reply :)

It does say on there website that a dc5r rm01a DELEIVERED is AU $ 992.83
and under more information on that page it says this

More Information

* Please reference the complete vehicle compatibility information
* Some products are oversize and can only be shipped with Nippon Express
* Usually ships from Japan 28 days after payment confirmation
* Delivered price shown shipped to New South Wales, Australia using EMS

egads
24-06-2008, 09:23 PM
search toda catback. its just over 1k delivered. but customs is bound to hit you

edit here- http://www.nengun.com/toda/exhaust-system

kongfu
24-06-2008, 09:26 PM
I would buy from local due to saving hassles plus warranty issue.

typercivic
24-06-2008, 11:15 PM
my rm-01a has just been shipped from japan, only placed order a week ago so super fast service. cost me $1235 delivered including terrible exchange rate through paypal which added about $40 to the $1235 price.

they are also helping me out with customs and invoice amount for it so couldn't be happier.

pm me if anyone wants to know where from.(not nengun or any of traders on here)

Nepolian
25-06-2008, 08:05 AM

^^ Isnt this cheaper?

egads
25-06-2008, 08:38 AM
^^ Isnt this cheaper?

i guess not after you factor in shipping from nsw to wa

questera
25-06-2008, 10:36 AM
talking about exhaust, rm01a seems to have a very good feedback from most of you.
Have anyone got any review on the j's racing full system performance wise?

Most probably i will get them since i like their sound a lot and its lightweight material.

Now, i am at the stage to decide which piping size is better. 60mm or 70mm?

looking at j racing website the 70mm is a straight pipe free flow system and the system includes the 2-1 reception desk pipe. whereas 60mm, i have to buy the pipe separately. so at the end of the day i will be paying the same amount of $$$ between 60mm n 70mm

any input from you guys would be appreciated.

Philip Lee
25-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Stock exhaust FTW!!!!

word lol :p

typercivic
25-06-2008, 12:51 PM
^^ Isnt this cheaper?

sorry i meant total was $1235 including the extra $40 from paypal so would have been sub $1200 otherwise delivered anywhere in oz.

kongfu
25-06-2008, 03:41 PM
talking about exhaust, rm01a seems to have a very good feedback from most of you.
Have anyone got any review on the j's racing full system performance wise?

Most probably i will get them since i like their sound a lot and its lightweight material.

Now, i am at the stage to decide which piping size is better. 60mm or 70mm?

looking at j racing website the 70mm is a straight pipe free flow system and the system includes the 2-1 reception desk pipe. whereas 60mm, i have to buy the pipe separately. so at the end of the day i will be paying the same amount of $$$ between 60mm n 70mm

any input from you guys would be appreciated.

Hi mate Js racing 60mm is good for daily as its not that loud..70mm is better for off street use:D

Get js racing full exhaust if you can...at least stand out from the crowd. Not many ppl got in AUS:wave:

votek
25-06-2008, 07:43 PM
hey,, i want to get a EP3. where can i go to get one?

Philip Lee
26-06-2008, 09:41 AM
hey,, i want to get a EP3. where can i go to get one?

there are a few cars on carsales.

or you can try IMG (http://www.internationalmotorgroup.com.au) where a few people here got their cars from and their feedback has generally been positive.

ekhybrid
26-06-2008, 12:43 PM
how much u guys gettin out of the tank?
any ideas on the tank capacity?