PDA

View Full Version : EP3 Type R

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

doosra
11-08-2012, 12:02 PM
I've got coilovers going in the car as we speak :)

brody
11-08-2012, 12:02 PM
'proven power?' dude, all you need to do now is prove it! I've got $150 that says a stock ep3 with moneybags intake won't go faster than el cheapo injen intake? Any takers?

Finally someone who is making some sense haha. Exactly my thought

brody
11-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Ok guys. Thinking about getting a new intake manifold. I've read a lot of people getting the rbc because of the decent price and proven gains. Also looking at skunk2 (yes I know there is a bit of difference in price). Not too fussed about the price but not too overboard. Suggestions/experiences on different setups would be greatly appreciated. Itb's would be awesome but not at the mo ha.

butterfingers
11-08-2012, 02:35 PM
can anyone confirm if the dc5r front lca are identical to the ep3r?

doosra
11-08-2012, 02:58 PM
So I just got my car lowered on coilovers and noticed a lot of camber in the rear. Do you think I need a camber kit or can they just do the wheel alignment without it?

doosra
11-08-2012, 04:03 PM
here are some pics.. what do you guys think of the height? I'm thinking I might raise the rear a bit

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/8088/20120811154656.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/339/20120811154656.jpg/)

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4138/20120811154251.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/20120811154251.jpg/)

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/3421/20120811154221.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33/20120811154221.jpg/)

Do I need a camber kit or do you think a wheel alignment can fix the camber on the rear?

doosra
11-08-2012, 05:29 PM
When I turn the steering wheel, there are sounds coming from the front now. Sometimes it's a squeak and the other is like a creaking sound. Any ideas what it is?

bluey45
11-08-2012, 06:18 PM
When I turn the steering wheel, there are sounds coming from the front now. Sometimes it's a squeak and the other is like a creaking sound. Any ideas what it is?

Sounds like you new a regrease of the steering rack. I had this same problem before. Quite a common thing on our ep3.

bennjamin
11-08-2012, 06:19 PM

Because it has only just happened once you've lowered the car / installed coilovers its LIKELY your front springs slipping around as your front shocks rotate - as you turn the wheel back and forth. Mare sure the spring perches are TIGHT as they can loosen over time with this front suspension design (macpherson struts)

doosra
11-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Bluey - it's only happened since coilovers installed so I think Benjamin mighty be right.

Ben - thanks mate. I'll get tomorrow to make sure it's tight. Do you think I need a camber kit?

RPS.13
11-08-2012, 07:04 PM
can anyone confirm if the dc5r front lca are identical to the ep3r?

I'm currently using some from a audm dc5r. So yes, they are identical i.e. bolt up to the ep3r.

-JC-
11-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Ok guys. Thinking about getting a new intake manifold. I've read a lot of people getting the rbc because of the decent price and proven gains. Also looking at skunk2 (yes I know there is a bit of difference in price). Not too fussed about the price but not too overboard. Suggestions/experiences on different setups would be greatly appreciated. Itb's would be awesome but not at the mo ha.

Get this one and spend the coin you save elsewhere.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CvcSi-RBC-INTAKE-MANIFOLD-4-DC5-RSX-JDM-ITR-EP3-CTR-/140798366016?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20c83c9140#ht_18746wt_1378

doosra
12-08-2012, 10:38 AM
Because it has only just happened once you've lowered the car / installed coilovers its LIKELY your front springs slipping around as your front shocks rotate - as you turn the wheel back and forth. Mare sure the spring perches are TIGHT as they can loosen over time with this front suspension design (macpherson struts)

Problem solved. Was a lose spring perch :) god I love this forum!

bennjamin
12-08-2012, 10:43 AM
Problem solved. Was a lose spring perch :) god I love this forum!

great to see :)

As for the camber kit - get one for the rear and go get a full front and rear alignment , set toe as close to stock settings as possible and also rear camber too.

butterfingers
12-08-2012, 11:11 AM
I'm currently using some from a audm dc5r. So yes, they are identical i.e. bolt up to the ep3r.

Thanks

doosra
12-08-2012, 11:12 AM
great to see :)

As for the camber kit - get one for the rear and go get a full front and rear alignment , set toe as close to stock settings as possible and also rear camber too.

Will do Ben. Thx again

kenny07
12-08-2012, 02:05 PM
33 mate.

awesome!!

33 and driving an ep3 and you also mentioned you a kid/kids!

i plan to keep my car forever even when i have kids! but alot of people tell me that once u have kids, your car is the first to go!

i planned to prove them wrong! your proof that it can be done! :)

brody
12-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Get this one and spend the coin you save elsewhere.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CvcSi-RBC-INTAKE-MANIFOLD-4-DC5-RSX-JDM-ITR-EP3-CTR-/140798366016?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20c83c9140#ht_18746wt_1378

Ahh nice. Will probably get it while up at work:) will have a look around but looks good.
Cheers man.

-JC-
12-08-2012, 03:37 PM
awesome!!

33 and driving an ep3 and you also mentioned you a kid/kids!

i plan to keep my car forever even when i have kids! but alot of people tell me that once u have kids, your car is the first to go!

i planned to prove them wrong! your proof that it can be done! :)

Easy as mate, we have a family car as well (Camry) so whenever we do anything as a family, we just take it. The Honda isn't really a family trip away kinda car anyway, so that works well. The kids are 7 and 5, so they fit in the back of the civic when required for school pickups and the like, they also love 'making it noisy', which is what we call going fast so when they tell mum I don't get in the shit!

I have always kinda wondered about the 'got kids, need a station wagon' type crowd. I grew up with 2 x '75 model Honda Civic's as our family hacks (Dad had a GT Falcon we used to take out on Sundays) wen't everywhere in those things. I figure having kids is just another thing that people use as an excuse to buy a new car, and who doesn't love getting a new car right?

kenny07
12-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Easy as mate, we have a family car as well (Camry) so whenever we do anything as a family, we just take it. The Honda isn't really a family trip away kinda car anyway, so that works well. The kids are 7 and 5, so they fit in the back of the civic when required for school pickups and the like, they also love 'making it noisy', which is what we call going fast so when they tell mum I don't get in the shit!

I have always kinda wondered about the 'got kids, need a station wagon' type crowd. I grew up with 2 x '75 model Honda Civic's as our family hacks (Dad had a GT Falcon we used to take out on Sundays) wen't everywhere in those things. I figure having kids is just another thing that people use as an excuse to buy a new car, and who doesn't love getting a new car right?

sounds like family fun!! :)

i dont have kids, so i wouldnt know.. im 25 so nowhere close to having kids just yet, my girlfriend is 28 and she dont want kids either anytime soon!

i got a nephew who's 2 but i havent tried putting on the baby seat in my car. my mate from melbourne who has the FN2R is with someone who has a kid and he puts the baby seat in his car, so if it fits in the FN2-R then i see why not in the EP3.

butterfingers
12-08-2012, 04:56 PM
I'll upgrade to an s2k when and if I have kids just to prove them wrong

Icebox
12-08-2012, 05:10 PM
sounds like family fun!! :)

i dont have kids, so i wouldnt know.. im 25 so nowhere close to having kids just yet, my girlfriend is 28 and she dont want kids either anytime soon!

i got a nephew who's 2 but i havent tried putting on the baby seat in my car. my mate from melbourne who has the FN2R is with someone who has a kid and he puts the baby seat in his car, so if it fits in the FN2-R then i see why not in the EP3.

I've placed a baby seat in the back of mine before, really easy, but make sure you have the anchors in the back, because some ep3 dont have the anchors at all because an after market rear strut bar was in placed and some require the anchors to be removed, like mine :eek: (found mine in the glove box, lucky Replacement of a set is $60 bucks from honda spare parts :eek: )

so keep that in mind before trying putting a baby seat in :)

-JC-
12-08-2012, 05:48 PM
I've placed a baby seat in the back of mine before, really easy, but make sure you have the anchors in the back, because some ep3 dont have the anchors at all because an after market rear strut bar was in placed and some require the anchors to be removed, like mine :eek: (found mine in the glove box, lucky Replacement of a set is $60 bucks from honda spare parts :eek: )

so keep that in mind before trying putting a baby seat in :)

Sounds like I need to do one of my write-ups on putting a kids seat into an EP3? I have a Safe N Sound Highrider in mine full time, looking at getting one that is just the booster seat base so when I'm hardparking it isn't so visible . . . car seats aren't exactly the latest 'must have' JDM mod.

doosra
12-08-2012, 06:19 PM

Hey Ben, my car is now making a squeaking sound when I turn it left and right. It's different to the one yesterday which was a loss spring perch. Any ideas?

grantmc
12-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Hey. Anyone know where i might be able to get a ep3 shell or front cut part of the car. Body only.
Cheers.

UNA91
12-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Get some recaro baby seats haha teach em young!

bennjamin
12-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Hey Ben, my car is now making a squeaking sound when I turn it left and right. It's different to the one yesterday which was a loss spring perch. Any ideas?

could be extra stress on the tie rod ends , could be the infamous steering rack creaking , could be one of the various bolts alittle too loose or tight -

get it on a hoist , take the wheels off and retorque everything to spec to make sure. It is pretty low so expect a few issues to arise

Perry
12-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Sounds like I need to do one of my write-ups on putting a kids seat into an EP3? I have a Safe N Sound Highrider in mine full time, looking at getting one that is just the booster seat base so when I'm hardparking it isn't so visible . . . car seats aren't exactly the latest 'must have' JDM mod.

Recaro baby seat =)

-JC-
12-08-2012, 07:39 PM
I'll upgrade to an s2k when and if I have kids just to prove them wrong

Upgrade?

-JC-
12-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Recaro baby seat =)

Spoken like a man with no kids . . .

Dude, they shit, piss, spew and drop food in their car seats when they are little . . . no way in the world I'm subjecting a Recaro to that!

bluey45
12-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Ahaha. You will be needing some seat covers JC :p

-JC-
12-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Ahaha. You will be needing some seat covers JC :p

Nah mate, you clearly don't have kids either. Best thing about kids is that they believe everything you tell them . . . I just told them that I would rip their arms off and feed them to the neighbours staffy if they made a mess in my Honda. Seems to be working so far . . . can't figure out why they won't look me in the eye anymore though?

doosra
12-08-2012, 08:50 PM
could be extra stress on the tie rod ends , could be the infamous steering rack creaking , could be one of the various bolts alittle too loose or tight -

get it on a hoist , take the wheels off and retorque everything to spec to make sure. It is pretty low so expect a few issues to arise

I think it's the steering rack creak. I did some research and watched some YouTube videos of the creak and sounds the same. Dammit! Just my luck man... I've seen that ppl have been spraying lube in the steering rack. Should I do this? Should I replace the steering rack and if I leave it as is and put up with the noise, is this dangerous?

It sounds like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtAmJNdfsWI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

UNA91
12-08-2012, 08:57 PM
What do you guys think is more important to have as a gauge? Oil temp or water temp? Usually the water temp heats up first, followed by oil temps, so if water temps were to rise to an abnormal temp, then oil temp would follow and i'd have more time to rectify the problem right?

I already have an oil pressure gauge btw

bennjamin
12-08-2012, 09:07 PM
I think it's the steering rack creak. I did some research and watched some YouTube videos of the creak and sounds the same. Dammit! Just my luck man... I've seen that ppl have been spraying lube in the steering rack. Should I do this? Should I replace the steering rack and if I leave it as is and put up with the noise, is this dangerous?

It sounds like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtAmJNdfsWI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

okok - not too hard to do - remove 2 x boot clamps that hold the steering rack boots to the main gearbox section - pull boots to the side and PACK lots of general purpose grease or similar into the boots. Clean up , clean grease off the clamped areas and slip boots back onto the rack box. Use BIG cable ties to secure the boots to the steering rack box.
Did it on a mates car and before he sold it , he said it removed pretty much all noise.

doosra
12-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Yeah that seems to be the fix. I'll do that tomorrow. Hopefully the clamps are easy to come off.

bennjamin
12-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Yeah that seems to be the fix. I'll do that tomorrow. Hopefully the clamps are easy to come off.

you have to destroy them to get them off - try using some pincers to pinch the side then twist , this should break the band with little issue. Just take sure not to damage the rubber boots. GL

doosra
12-08-2012, 10:05 PM
I started to hear the clanking sound that i heard from the original right front spring perch being loose but this time on the passenger side so decided to jack the car and take the passenger wheel off and saw that the bottom and top perch were loose and the coilover was getting raised as I drove. Pretty dangerous as the coilover could've come out of the socket. Just tightened it. Very strange how it can loosen so easily. I'm hoping it was just not tightened properly but will make sure I routinely check them now

bennjamin
12-08-2012, 10:20 PM
yeah - its a common issue with cars with your front strut design....

I remember redoing a suspension install on a EVO 9 probably 3-4 times - the guy came back to get retightened. We ended up using a splash of loctite and it prevented any excess movement. Note that its important to have large washers / spacers inbetween the spring and the lower perch and or upper hat - this allows the spring to rotate freely and avoid your situation.

butterfingers
12-08-2012, 10:46 PM
I've had the clanking sound too. ill notice it when doing 3 pointers etc. nothing wrong with the coil over though

butterfingers
12-08-2012, 10:50 PM
Upgrade?

jokes. ep3>s2k lol

doosra
12-08-2012, 11:02 PM
yeah - its a common issue with cars with your front strut design....

I remember redoing a suspension install on a EVO 9 probably 3-4 times - the guy came back to get retightened. We ended up using a splash of loctite and it prevented any excess movement. Note that its important to have large washers / spacers inbetween the spring and the lower perch and or upper hat - this allows the spring to rotate freely and avoid your situation.

Do you put loctite on the thread and then lock in the locking spring perch. Is it easy to undo the locking perch if you use loctite.?
Did u use loctite blue? I'm thinking of doing this tomorrow

bennjamin
12-08-2012, 11:23 PM
Do you put loctite on the thread and then lock in the locking spring perch. Is it easy to undo the locking perch if you use loctite.?
Did u use loctite blue? I'm thinking of doing this tomorrow

I use "permatex threadlocker blue" - medium strength. Great for anti-vibration locking (IE reusing lock nuts etc).
I smeared it on the thread which covers both the locking perch and spring perch.

Perry
12-08-2012, 11:34 PM
Spoken like a man with no kids . . .

Dude, they shit, piss, spew and drop food in their car seats when they are little . . . no way in the world I'm subjecting a Recaro to that!

ehhehe so far the kids I've deault with have been good =)

kenny07
13-08-2012, 08:36 AM
ehhehe so far the kids I've deault with have been good =)

we should have an ep3 meet! and bring the kids!

if you dont have kids, borrow one! LOL

Icebox
13-08-2012, 08:39 AM
we should have an ep3 meet! and bring the kids!

if you dont have kids, borrow one! LOL

LOL! +1 rep point for the idea

kenny07
13-08-2012, 08:45 AM
LOL! +1 rep point for the idea

lets do this! LOL

has anyone seen this yet..

we should all get one for the kids for their meet ups!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GybG-ZonSgw

brody
13-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Even though the ep hasn't been driven in nearly a month, its still getting presents.
Woke up this morning, first thing I did was buy hardrace rear camber arms and lower control arms. Less than $300 for both including postage:)

butterfingers
13-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Even though the ep hasn't been driven in nearly a month, its still getting presents.
Woke up this morning, first thing I did was buy hardrace rear camber arms and lower control arms. Less than $300 for both including postage:)

where ****en did you get that for $300? pls link

brody
13-08-2012, 03:25 PM
www.eBay.com.au :p

Seller/store called fitzrace pro.. or just fitzrace.
http://stores.ebay.com.au/FitzRace-Proshop/Suspension-/_i.html?_fsub=3180044017&_sid=686039987&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

UNA91
13-08-2012, 03:43 PM
What exactly does an aftermarket LCA do besides being able to fit swaybars on some cars?

brody
13-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Slight handling I guess ha. But mostly for the bling factor:p

Perry
13-08-2012, 04:12 PM
wuu didnt know hardrace made LCA's looks good though.

brody
13-08-2012, 04:17 PM
I thought so:) next splurge will be on something worth while haha

UNA91
13-08-2012, 04:47 PM
Anyone here run any short shifters? There's the Neuspeed/Tegiwa 'short shifter' adapter which shortens the vertical throw and then there's the Buddyclub short shifter assembly which is a lil more expensive. More interested in the Neuspeed/Tegiwa one; anyone tried it? Looks too simple lol

butterfingers
13-08-2012, 08:19 PM
if the strut isn't bent, and the front lca doesn't appear to be bent, what else could be causing positive camber on front left wheel? anyone have ay experience here feel free to jump in

kenny07
13-08-2012, 08:30 PM
does anyone here know where i can get the type R badge.. the badge that sits at the front of the car next the bonnet opening place..

my "y" is missing! :(

butterfingers
13-08-2012, 09:36 PM
does anyone here know where i can get the type R badge.. the badge that sits at the front of the car next the bonnet opening place..

my "y" is missing! :(
i use jdmconcept.

EG52NV
13-08-2012, 09:46 PM
okok - not too hard to do - remove 2 x boot clamps that hold the steering rack boots to the main gearbox section - pull boots to the side and PACK lots of general purpose grease or similar into the boots. Clean up , clean grease off the clamped areas and slip boots back onto the rack box. Use BIG cable ties to secure the boots to the steering rack box.
Did it on a mates car and before he sold it , he said it removed pretty much all noise.

Key word is pretty much, needs more grease lol

doosra
13-08-2012, 11:33 PM
Hey guys, I need new tie rod ends. I bought neomax silver's from shift performance and they say they are for dc5 and ep3, however I read that if you get dc5 coilovers for an ep3, that you need dc5 tie rod ends. Can anyone confirm this please as I need to fix this straight away.

doosra
14-08-2012, 01:38 PM
All good. Wheel alignment place said I needed to replace tie rod but took it to mechanic and its fine. Just got a brand new set of kumho ku31s and wheel alignment and its drives great. I'm running -1 camber as my car is lowered on coils. That's okay isn't it? Please excuse my noobness.

Also steering creak is not there now. I think I was just the loose coilover lock perch, but I've loctited them and all good.

butterfingers
14-08-2012, 01:44 PM
All good. Wheel alignment place said I needed to replace tie rod but took it to mechanic and its fine. Just got a brand new set of kumho ku31s and wheel alignment and its drives great. I'm running -1 camber as my car is lowered on coils. That's okay isn't it? Please excuse my noobness.

Also steering creak is not there now. I think I was just the loose coilover lock perch, but I've loctited them and all good.

good to hear.

my alignment problems are still giving me ulcers

UNA91
14-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Does anyone know where i can find this?:
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8344/030832003to2005hondaciv.jpg

It's like a blank cover for the dash and i've been looking forever for one... What's it even called lol

Perry
14-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Does anyone know where i can find this?:
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8344/030832003to2005hondaciv.jpg

It's like a blank cover for the dash and i've been looking forever for one... What's it even called lol

I've been searching for the same thing tooo got the feeling its only for left hand drive only.

UNA91
14-08-2012, 07:36 PM
I've been searching for the same thing tooo got the feeling its only for left hand drive only.

lolz man I think i've found it! It was under electricals, not interior trim. :\

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/Page_Product/PartDetail.aspx?catalogID=58&productID=4&yearID=21&doorID=2&gradeID=11&areaID=2&transmissionID=3&originID=-1&colorLabelIDs=-1&colorLabelID=-1&sectionID=5&idAndImageID=10158%201245475&isBigPicture=False&pageName=Switch

Except they don't ship to Aus, least i know the P/N

-JC-
14-08-2012, 07:45 PM

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/Page_Product/PartDetail.aspx?catalogID=58&productID=4&yearID=21&doorID=2&gradeID=11&areaID=2&transmissionID=3&originID=-1&colorLabelIDs=-1&colorLabelID=-1&sectionID=5&idAndImageID=10158%201245475&isBigPicture=False&pageName=Switch

Someone needs to make a list of all these parts websites so we can put them all in one place . . . I'm in heaven!

UNA91
14-08-2012, 07:49 PM
Lol, just tried a few websites for the part number, and they wanted $22 for shipping to Aus just for a lil blank switch cover..

Perry
14-08-2012, 08:06 PM

ohhh your talking about the cover I was looking for the whole section which is a shame its for left hand drive =(

Perry
14-08-2012, 08:13 PM
http://www.hondapartsnow.com/diagrams/large/instrument-panel-garnish-driver-side-463712.png

you reckon they will have it for right hand drive? #8 item

UNA91
14-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Might be hard to find since most of these parts warehouses are based in the UK and US and are LHD, if you're lucky you might find someone who is be parting out their JDM EP3, I think there was a sale thread a few months ago whose EP3 was written off... tho that was awhile ago.

RPS.13
14-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Does anyone know where i can find this?

If you can`t find one. You could get one of these:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/JDM-Honda-Coin-Holder-Civic-Si-Type-R-EP3-Fit-GD-Acura-RSX-DC5-GENUINE-NEW-RARE-/300758511527?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item46069aafa7

UNA91
14-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Haha i've come across that alot, but i'm just after a blank one so i can fit a switch in it. I've sourced out one from a DC5, from what I've found should be the same part number? Well, I will soon find out :| Besides, any coins in my car will rattle me crazy due to the Hasports lol

brody
16-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Ep3 is currently at the mechanics trying to find out why my car is being homosexual. Never been too one so I'm sure it'd be pretty nervous

butterfingers
16-08-2012, 02:11 PM
maybe its time it came out of the closet. you cant fix it you gotta accept it for what it is. a homosexual

brody
16-08-2012, 02:34 PM
Maybe your right. I think all it needs is a good vtec.. haven't been able to satisfy it in months.

butterfingers
16-08-2012, 02:41 PM
its not too late for this relationship, doesnt have to end in tears

doosra
16-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Lol. What's actually wrong with the car?

brody
16-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Haha.
Urm.. revs are surging both and idle and driving. And no 2nd gear.
Changed the clutch/flywheel and radiator, and happened when it was first started. So its gotta be something I did.
I've checked for leaks, bled radiator/system.
I just cbf and don't have time in the week I'm home to stuff around with it. So I'm paying someone to do it for me haha.

It's probably (hopefully) something really simple and its been right in front of me the whole time. Should be getting a call from them soon.

brody
16-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Ok so..
Gear problem fixed. Wad just something blocking one of the linkages.
Idle problem not fixed. Tried everything I did.. double checked fault codes, leaks, bled system etc etc.
Thinks its the iacv (idle air control). I'll take it off and give it a clean out when I'm back.. hopefully sorts it.
He also mentioned the radiator may not be pumping through enough coolant.. but doubts it. I also doubt it.. even though I wouldn't be surprised.. thankyou mishimoto.

UNA91
16-08-2012, 11:24 PM
Could be the IACV, or also the TPS sensor is going

brody
17-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Ah true. Yeh will see what a good clean of the Iacv does.

doosra
17-08-2012, 12:19 AM
anyone heard or used one of these? http://passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-Dry-Carbon-Fiber-PowerChamber-Intake-02-06-RSX-02-05-Civic-Si-P1899C1308.aspx

I'm off to the US tomorrow and thinking of getting an intake while i'm over there. Would this fit on our EP3's?

doosra
17-08-2012, 12:31 AM
or i might just go for an Injen SRI. I just want something easy to install and that makes my car roar. Thoughts?

bluey45
17-08-2012, 07:22 AM
or i might just go for an Injen SRI. I just want something easy to install and that makes my car roar. Thoughts?

I think it will fit as JC bought a similar item in his thread. Just have a look for his post.

Icebox
17-08-2012, 08:44 AM
I think it will fit as JC bought a similar item in his thread. Just have a look for his post.

indeed correct, they do fit, our chassis is an exactly identical to their SI model

Symphorced
17-08-2012, 12:22 PM
You need to do battery relocate to fit the PasswordJDM intake.

doosra
17-08-2012, 01:31 PM
Yeah I read about that. In that case will pass. How much would it cost to have someone install a CAI as I don't have the skills to DIY

UNA91
17-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Installing a cai if real easy, no skill needed and not worth the pay to get someone to install, unless you need to relocate battery. Its a matter of just joining and bolting things together. Usually a 20 min job

Symphorced
17-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Great opportunity to develop skills as a DIYer!

Poeter
17-08-2012, 02:53 PM
.... RBC Manifold Kit $368 delivered with close to $400 bucks change to spend on other stuff, and I don't need to take a knife to parts of my car that any mofo will ever see.

I think installing RBC is more complicated than one would had thought. You either need to cut part of the radiator top support or beat it to make some spaces for the RBC.

If changing the manifold didn't involve permanent change to the car's body then I would probably go with the RRC which supersedes the RBC.

doosra
17-08-2012, 03:39 PM
I'm cbfer. I can install a stereo system, adjust coilover height and that's the extent of my skills. Don't you have to take front bumper off for CAI and do other shit. SRI I can install myself :)

butterfingers
17-08-2012, 03:50 PM
i dont even have a jack, or id at least change wheels and shit by myself

UNA91
17-08-2012, 04:04 PM
I'm cbfer. I can install a stereo system, adjust coilover height and that's the extent of my skills. Don't you have to take front bumper off for CAI and do other shit. SRI I can install myself :)

Taking the bumper off is just a few screws and some plastic tabs at the bottom

doosra
17-08-2012, 07:17 PM
I just installed the window lift kit for my car and now the auto window is stuffing up. When I go to close the driver window by flicking it to manual mode, it raises to the top and then will come down about 5-10cms and stop there. When I close it manually, it will work. Any ideas on how reset the windows. I've tried holding t he button down for 5 secs and also up for 5 and still doesn't reset

bluey45
17-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Just saw Icebox on the avenue roundabout at Granville. I was walking home ahaha

JDM EP3
17-08-2012, 09:13 PM
I think installing RBC is more complicated than one would had thought. You either need to cut part of the radiator top support or beat it to make some spaces for the RBC.

If changing the manifold didn't involve permanent change to the car's body then I would probably go with the RRC which supersedes the RBC.

No need to beat or cut just make the holes bigger for the radiator support and move it forward and slightly make bigger the part where the latch closes past the rad support

Icebox
17-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Just saw Icebox on the avenue roundabout at Granville. I was walking home ahaha

haha, you see me everywhere, girlfriend needed my car =[ so sad haha

Perry
17-08-2012, 11:06 PM
I just installed the window lift kit for my car and now the auto window is stuffing up. When I go to close the driver window by flicking it to manual mode, it raises to the top and then will come down about 5-10cms and stop there. When I close it manually, it will work. Any on how reset the windows. I've tried holding t he button down for 5 secs and also up for 5 and still doesn't reset

unplug battery and plug it back in again.

-JC-
18-08-2012, 06:51 AM
No need to beat or cut just make the holes bigger for the radiator support and move it forward and slightly make bigger the part where the latch closes past the rad support

Correct.

kenny07
18-08-2012, 01:31 PM
i think i always see 2 EP3-R parked outside the Cecil hill police station

anyone here own them from this forum?

brody
18-08-2012, 10:20 PM
I know most people are saying.. get the RBC intake 'Bang for your buck!" etc. But I want something that is going to get me the gains (Obviously not much being N/A) and also have a well-known good quality brand that is going to hold its value when/if it came time to sell, and/or part out. I'm thinking Skunk2, been around for years and have great reviews across all vehicle makes. Any suggestions on other names would be greatly appreciated as I'd like to order it now while I'm away:) and have a little prezzie sitting at home when I get back:P

brody
18-08-2012, 10:21 PM
intake manifold ***

kenny07
19-08-2012, 12:43 AM
i dont even have a jack, or id at least change wheels and shit by myself

i dont even know how to use the EP3 jack to lift my car... was driving home one morning from girlfriends house so i could get ready to go to work

on the way home, rear tyre ripped apart.. thought it was flat, so took it to servo to pump the tyre up but when i saw it, it was ripped badly!

got home, took the jack out, looked at it while scratching my head and going WTF?!?????
-_-!

at the end, ended up using my family car's jack!

-________________________-!

butterfingers
20-08-2012, 12:56 AM
is it normal for the 1>2, 2>3 and 3>4 shift to feel loose/less solid at high rpms? as if the shifter just pops out more easily and slides into the next gear roughly.

Would having a lighter shift knob also help with shifting feel. Currently have a weighted blox ball. Feels nice when granny shifting but not at high rpm

Poeter
20-08-2012, 01:47 PM

Any references or diagrams floating around the internet to locate these holes?

Kinda curious.

JDM EP3
20-08-2012, 02:00 PM
Any references or diagrams floating around the internet to locate these holes?

Kinda curious.

Im sure there is plenty floating around on EP3 forums, this (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CvcSi-RBC-INTAKE-MANIFOLD-4-DC5-RSX-JDM-ITR-EP3-CTR-/140798366016?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20c83c9140#ht_18934wt_1361) ebay listing has a example of it

Poeter
20-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Thanks.

Have you done this mod on your ep3 too?

JDM EP3
20-08-2012, 02:16 PM
No not yet, would love to do it but funds arent really flowing at the moment.
Its a fairly unintrusive way to do this mod without cutting into the support.

-JC-
20-08-2012, 06:00 PM
I know most people are saying.. get the RBC intake 'Bang for your buck!" etc. But I want something that is going to get me the gains (Obviously not much being N/A) and also have a well-known good quality brand that is going to hold its value when/if it came time to sell, and/or part out. I'm thinking Skunk2, been around for years and have great reviews across all vehicle makes. Any suggestions on other names would be greatly appreciated as I'd like to order it now while I'm away:) and have a little prezzie sitting at home when I get back:P

Try this mate . . . http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/intake-spacer-discussion/173289-rbc-vs-rrc-vs-skunk2.html

Save your money and get the RBC. Did I mention the price?

Edit: The 'well known, good quality brand' you are buying here is one called 'Honda'.

brody
20-08-2012, 08:48 PM
Faarrk. I tried finding something like that but couldn't find anything hey. Thanks man:)

Totally disregard that other post.. it was some crazy guy, doesnt know what he's doing:P

Just ridiculous that they can be basically the same, and for $500 odd cheaper.

-JC-
20-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Faarrk. I tried finding something like that but couldn't find anything hey. Thanks man:)

Totally disregard that other post.. it was some crazy guy, doesnt know what he's doing:P

It's more common than you might think mate, especially with cars that have a cult following like the EP3, people see a part all nice and shiny, and they assume they have to pay through the a$$ for it. Its not always the case. There are plenty of EP3 parts that do the same job as their very very very expensive counterparts for a reasonable price. Plenty.

butterfingers
23-08-2012, 01:17 PM
hey guyth

i hate the feel of high rpm shifts, especially 2nd to 3rd. ive read discussions on how solid engine mounts improve shifting and general driving feel.

th ep3r is only a weekend warrior for the street, so between hasport and innovative engine mounts, which do you guys recommend. i dont mind the vibrations, i jsut want my high rpm shifts to feel smooth and slick.

UNA91
23-08-2012, 02:10 PM
hey guyth

i hate the feel of high rpm shifts, especially 2nd to 3rd. ive read discussions on how solid engine mounts improve shifting and general driving feel.

th ep3r is only a weekend warrior for the street, so between hasport and innovative engine mounts, which do you guys recommend. i dont mind the vibrations, i jsut want my high rpm shifts to feel smooth and slick.

Im running Hasports as I heard the bushings in the innovative mounts starts to "oval out". Currently running 70a in the rear and 60 on the front and side.

when flooring it you can really feel the power going to the wheels. Solid base and cable shifter bushings also help with shifting.

butterfingers
23-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Im running Hasports as I heard the bushings in the innovative mounts starts to "oval out". Currently running 70a in the rear and 60 on the front and side.

when flooring it you can really feel the power going to the wheels. Solid base and cable shifter bushings also help with shifting.

i heard the base and shifter bushings dont do much if anything at all. coming from ephatch and honda-tech forums

adam_jdmHEAD
24-08-2012, 11:46 AM
After driver red floormat or set anyone got or know where to buy

bluey45
24-08-2012, 12:07 PM
After driver red floormat or set anyone got or know where to buy

Try Honda original parts?

adam_jdmHEAD
24-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Arm and a leg I'd say plus they won't have it order in part from Japan probably don't even make anymore.

butterfingers
24-08-2012, 12:41 PM
jdmconcept and the like can source it for you. unless your car is 30 years old there will always be OEM parts floating around. even brand new

Mikeyy168
24-08-2012, 04:32 PM

skunk2's been going through some hectic shizznit lately too. there was a massive incident on the k20a.org forums where they revealed that skunk2's been falsely advertising their parts AND how their parts have fked a number of peoples engines up etc. u might still be able to find it.
skunk2 also put a bounty for the personal information of the forum members who revealed this - this was on the k20a.org forum and on skunk2's site.

not sure about you but i wouldnt support a company like that regardless of the gains i can get!

Icebox
24-08-2012, 09:25 PM
anyone know what are the SR recaros in the ep3 04 models? looking for lowered rails but just dont know what version they are

Symphorced
24-08-2012, 10:11 PM
anyone know what are the SR recaros in the ep3 04 models? looking for lowered rails but just dont know what version they are

From what I can tell, they are simply known as the Recaro "sport seat".

Icebox
24-08-2012, 10:17 PM
From what I can tell, they are simply known as the Recaro "sport seat".

mhmm.. all i know is the seats in the ep3 models are all the same except for the two tone colour in the facelift, but im trying to figure out the edition we have so i can find the seat rails that match it =[ last thing on my mind is to get rails for the wrong seat waste of time and money

RPS.13
24-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Email these guys, they might be able to confirm it for you.

http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/productdetail.asp?pid=620&type=s&appgrpid=14&appid=76&rid=

Vanner tuners special lowered seat rail is pretty good.

UNA91
24-08-2012, 11:02 PM
For some reason I can't bring myself to buying headers for the EP3 lol. Being on a tight budget/student doesn't help either :\ It's just that I always hear the JDM K20 4-2-1 headers are known to have quite good flow already. I've already got an aftermarket cat-back and also what I think looks like downpipes that are not stock, since its larger diameter pipes and still looks in decent condition compared to the headers (old & rusty).

Maybe its just me, but generally ~$700 for race headers to gain maybe only 5-9hp unless i get a proper tune, which again I probably won't, could be something I could spend on maybe improving the handling of the car. Maybe I could just get a hi-flow cat...

Symphorced
24-08-2012, 11:08 PM
For some reason I can't bring myself to buying headers for the EP3 lol. Being on a tight budget/student doesn't help either :\ It's just that I always hear the JDM K20 4-2-1 headers are known to have quite good flow already. I've already got an aftermarket cat-back and also what I think looks like downpipes that are not stock, since its larger diameter pipes and still looks in decent condition compared to the headers (old & rusty).

Maybe its just me, but generally ~$700 for race headers to gain maybe only 5-9hp unless i get a proper tune, which again I probably won't, could be something I could spend on maybe improving the handling of the car. Maybe I could just get a hi-flow cat...

High flow cat won't give you that much gains either though! But I guess it is a mod that is considerably cheaper than headers.

UNA91
24-08-2012, 11:24 PM
Yea heaps cheaper, but it's just a consideration lol, headers is something i've been thought about for a long time but just can't bring myself to getting one unless i get a tune, which again will cost abit. Might just look into getting thicker swaybars and upgrading the brakes

JDM EP3
25-08-2012, 12:24 AM
Yea heaps cheaper, but it's just a consideration lol, headers is something i've been thought about for a long time but just can't bring myself to getting one unless i get a tune, which again will cost abit. Might just look into getting thicker swaybars and upgrading the brakes

I got some PLM headers from BYP along with the exhaust that cost around $550 or so. To me it was a worthwhile upgrade even without a tune. Eventually I will get it tuned though.

UNA91
25-08-2012, 08:56 AM
Yea, the PLM headers was what i was originally looking at, just got other priorities to spend money on now days.

brody
25-08-2012, 09:29 AM
Looking forward to getting home from work next friday.
Have the following to install:
-RBC Intake Manifold.
-PLM Header
-Hardrace Camber Arms
-Hardrace Rear LCA's
... and finally able to put my new rubber on:D

so dam excited haha

brody
25-08-2012, 09:31 AM
ooo and my gauges (Hoping to fit them in my single din, with the holder I bought). I ebay presents.. even if I bought them myself:P

UNA91
25-08-2012, 04:18 PM
What do camber kits do? I've got some natural camber in the back from being lowered a fair bit but I'm not experiencing any problems like more tire wear or rubbing

Symphorced
25-08-2012, 04:54 PM
What do camber kits do? I've got some natural camber in the back from being lowered a fair bit but I'm not experiencing any problems like more tire wear or rubbing

Helps you correct/adjust the camber. As you said, you currently have natural camber which is probably more negative than necessary.

-JC-
28-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Looking forward to getting home from work next friday.
Have the following to install:
-RBC Intake Manifold.
-PLM Header
-Hardrace Camber Arms
-Hardrace Rear LCA's
... and finally able to put my new rubber on:D

so dam excited haha

Wow, thats a nice little list mate. Keen to hear your thoughts on the RBC manifold. I'm trying to avoid any more purchases till I get to the track in a few weeks time cause I know I'm going to 'need' something after my track debut!

bluey45
28-08-2012, 08:01 PM

I was in the same dilemma as well. Ending up getting a white line rear sway. Handling feels much better.

doosra
29-08-2012, 04:42 AM
I was in the same dilemma as well. Ending up getting a white line rear sway. Handling feels much better.

Where did you get it from and how much? I've got coilovers but looking at improving the suspension but also looking at not spending too much on the car.

Would you say it's a massive difference?

brody
29-08-2012, 08:37 AM
Wow, thats a nice little list mate. Keen to hear your thoughts on the RBC manifold. I'm trying to avoid any more purchases till I get to the track in a few weeks time cause I know I'm going to 'need' something after my track debut!

Yeh mate. Two more shifts and I'm home haha:D
Yeh will do dude. There's plenty of reviews on the RBC. Google knows all:P Quite a few guys on here have ran it for a while as well so they'll be able to give you a run down.

bluey45
29-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Where did you get it from and how much? I've got coilovers but looking at improving the suspension but also looking at not spending too much on the car.

Would you say it's a massive difference?

I got my white line rear sway from a eBay seller RPS13 recommended for about $230 I think.
Since you already running coilovers the sway should improve your handling. I'm just running stock suspension but looking to replace my suspension later down the track.

For myself, I found that my rear stays where it is now under hard cornering and feels more planted and much less roll. But it could be I'm just a noob driver ahaha:p

butterfingers
29-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Do you suffer from snap oversteer?

Icebox
29-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Do you suffer from snap oversteer?

Doesn't snap oversteer occur more in mid ship engines eg mr2? Haven't heard it happen to anyone in a ff before

butterfingers
29-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Doesn't snap oversteer occur more in mid ship engines eg mr2? Haven't heard it happen to anyone in a ff before

its one of the ep3r's chassis characteristics and ive personally experienced it.

never though i could fishtail a FWD, but had a brief moment where i thought i was keiichi tsuchiya and lost all realistic presence of mind.

will never, ever brake hard INTO a corner again

mocchi
29-08-2012, 01:36 PM
its one of the ep3r's chassis characteristics and ive personally experienced it.

never though i could fishtail a FWD, but had a brief moment where i thought i was keiichi tsuchiya and lost all realistic presence of mind.

as long as you dont spill your tofu m8

butterfingers
29-08-2012, 01:37 PM
as long as you dont spill your tofu m8

no the tofu was actually previouisly spilt on to the tarmac by Tak, which may have contributed to what happened

Icebox
29-08-2012, 01:44 PM

sounds interesting, but still wouldnt attempt that sounds a bit crazy and left for the tracks haha

but does sound like something i would wanna see if with my own eyes,

Perry
29-08-2012, 02:00 PM
I experience a similar situation thought by car fark at one stage because I never happened on my previous fwd cars.

Twest
29-08-2012, 03:39 PM
There's a video of this exact event happening to me at Natios. I'll upload it :) snap oversteer with worn semis in the wet after touching gravel. Fun!

Perry
29-08-2012, 04:03 PM
There's a video of this exact event happening to me at Natios. I'll upload it :) snap oversteer with worn semis in the wet after touching gravel. Fun!

Cool ill be looking foward to it, I read our cars are pron to under steer or was it the other way around LOL

butterfingers
29-08-2012, 04:50 PM
prone to understeer like most FWD yet somewhat prone to snap oversteer.

what i did might not even be snap oversteer, could have just happened because i was heavy braking into a corner, weight transfer to the front while cornering.

brody
29-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Clarkson proved this when they tested the EP3 on Top Gear.

brody
30-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Thinking of getting some new wheels. Probably going for rpf1's. As I plan to get a brake upgrade sooner or later, what size wheel would you guys recommend.
Would +40, 45 be sufficient room for say a spoon calliper to clear?
Correct me if I'm wrong:)

butterfingers
30-08-2012, 09:24 AM
Thinking of getting some new wheels. Probably going for rpf1's. As I plan to get a brake upgrade sooner or later, what size wheel would you guys recommend.
Would +40, 45 be sufficient room for say a spoon calliper to clear?
Correct me if I'm wrong:)

depends on width.

i had x7.5 +48 and it JUST cleared with 5mm spacers

currently have x9 +38 fronts and it clears fine

brody
30-08-2012, 09:34 AM
Im going for 8 or 8.5. 9 look pretty decent?

butterfingers
30-08-2012, 09:43 AM
Im going for 8 or 8.5. 9 look pretty decent?

look nice, scrub everywhere

i gotta remove the plastic ferder lining.

brody
30-08-2012, 09:46 AM
scrub everywhere? haha you like that?
ahh ok.

butterfingers
30-08-2012, 10:01 AM
i really rather they didnt, getting more camber and maybe removing the lining soon.

Stanleythornes
30-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Hi guys,

I just got my EP3R a few days ago. Just wondering any recommendations on the best/reliable mechanics for EP3Rs?

Cheers!

butterfingers
30-08-2012, 11:16 AM
top one, pro concept, hannys

JDM EP3
30-08-2012, 11:22 AM
i really rather they didnt, getting more camber and maybe removing the lining soon.

add more camber. I have 1.5 and they sometimes scrub on the top of the wheel arch after I go over holes or bumps too hard.
Dont take the liner off watch all the dirt enter ypur engine bay from there.

butterfingers
30-08-2012, 11:26 AM
add more camber. I have 1.5 and they sometimes scrub on the top of the wheel arch after I go over holes or bumps too hard.
Dont take the liner off watch all the dirt enter ypur engine bay from there.

fml.

dont want that happening, i could just about eat off my engine bay right now. shit deserves a photo on canibeat or something.

how much are you lowered? i have barely half a finger gap atm, scrubs on full lock. more severe in the left since i have positive camber but will be fixed next week.

Stanleythornes
30-08-2012, 12:19 PM

Thanks a lot mate!

mocchi
30-08-2012, 12:29 PM
Thanks a lot mate!

ay bra is your last name tedjo?

Perry
30-08-2012, 12:51 PM
fml.

dont want that happening, i could just about eat off my engine bay right now. shit deserves a photo on canibeat or something.

how much are you lowered? i have barely half a finger gap atm, scrubs on full lock. more severe in the left since i have positive camber but will be fixed next week.

That's what happen to mind =(

Symphorced
30-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Not in Sydney myself but I've had great experience with BYP before. Others also go to Hannys and Top One.

Poeter
30-08-2012, 12:57 PM

Anyone goes to proconcept?

I'm curious to what they're charging for a simple oil change. I might give them a try since they're close to my work place.

I heard they do cornerweighing and wheel alignment.

Stanleythornes
30-08-2012, 01:04 PM
ay bra is your last name tedjo?

nah bro. wrong person.

butterfingers
30-08-2012, 01:07 PM
That's what happen to mind =(

your engine bay or your camber?

butterfingers
30-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Anyone goes to proconcept?

I'm curious to what they're charging for a simple oil change. I might give them a try since they're close to my work place.

I heard they do cornerweighing and wheel alignment.

i plan to, since they open saturday by appointment and top one closes at 12.30 on sat.

Perry
30-08-2012, 07:04 PM
your engine bay or your camber?

engine bay dirty asss

stienerv2
30-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Hey guys EP3 meet next month!

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=12144

JDM EP3
30-08-2012, 08:47 PM
fml.

Yeah I have slightly less than two fingers gap on the front. Your too low tbh. I have no scrub at all on full lock even when I run the BBS with RE55's.

Lukezen27
01-09-2012, 11:05 AM
NGK IFR7G-11KS

NGK ZFR6FIX-11

NGK bkr7iex-11

JDM EP3
01-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Ive heard of people having issues when isntalling headers and exhaust and getting a CEL. I ran for about 500km without any codes after install, then I went to fix some leaks in the exhaust with some gasket sealer and then got a CEL straight away???
Any ideas if this will go away after the sealer dries?

Lukezen27
01-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Ive heard of people having issues when isntalling headers and exhaust and getting a CEL. I ran for about 500km without any codes after install, then I went to fix some leaks in the exhaust with some gasket sealer and then got a CEL straight away???
Any ideas if this will go away after the sealer dries?

Where exactly do you put the gasket sealer?

JDM EP3
01-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Where exactly do you put the gasket sealer?

Its not near the sensors one is on the end on the mid pipe and then i have a wrap around a hole in the same mid pipe.

Lukezen27
01-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Its not near the sensors one is on the end on the mid pipe and then i have a wrap around a hole in the same mid pipe.

IC
the leak might have helped LOL

Are both 02 sensors currently located in the same position as stock and are they the same distance apart from each other?

JDM EP3
01-09-2012, 10:40 PM
IC
the leak might have helped LOL

Are both 02 sensors currently located in the same position as stock and are they the same distance apart from each other?

One O2 sensor is at the end of the headers and the other is on the test pipe.
The leak happened at sandown when I went over the ripple strip and put a small hole in the pipe, so I went to bursons and bought a heat activated wrap/resin that hardens with heat. Before the hole I had no CEL. As soon as I got to fixing the leaks yesterday I got the CEL could be the fumes or I could have hit the sensor. Either way Ill take it for a drive tomorrow and see if they are gone.

Lukezen27
01-09-2012, 11:19 PM
One O2 sensor is at the end of the headers and the other is on the test pipe.
The leak happened at sandown when I went over the ripple strip and put a small hole in the pipe, so I went to bursons and bought a heat activated wrap/resin that hardens with heat. Before the hole I had no CEL. As soon as I got to fixing the leaks yesterday I got the CEL could be the fumes or I could have hit the sensor. Either way Ill take it for a drive tomorrow and see if they are gone.

Yeah you might have damaged one..

I think people get the CEL light after new header and exhaust install due to the placement of the 02 sensors and the stock ECU to handle it

brody
04-09-2012, 02:50 PM
That IACV is great haha. Finally had time to clean mine out yesterday and now my surging is fixed:)
Now to run in that clutch!

UNA91
04-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Spotted white EP3 on mt lindsey highway, epk20, anyone here? lol

RPS.13
06-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Anyone know how much fluid is required for a full brake and clutch flush? Also any recommendations as to what brand is good?

Symphorced
06-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Anyone know how much fluid is required for a full brake and clutch flush? Also any recommendations as to what brand is good?

Hey Mike for brakes you'll probably need around a litre... can't remember how much more I used for clutch though. Clutch bleed nipple is a major pain in the ass to get to too.

I'd recommend using Motul RBF600. Very pricey though!

Icebox
07-09-2012, 08:51 AM

Mike, symphorced is right you will need at least a liter so roughly 2 bottles I got 3 just incase, and clutch I went thru 2 bottles as well,

Brand wise not much difference, use oem for day to day but when track day comes I use motul rbf600 but like symphorced mention really costly $30 a bottle roughly?

mocchi
07-09-2012, 09:38 AM
2 bottles is enough for full flush on brakes and clutch.
you dont need much at all to flush clutch fluid. probably 200ml

butterfingers
07-09-2012, 09:47 AM
anyone notice that under dim light our CW appears somewhat very lightly pearlescent?

bluey45
07-09-2012, 11:12 AM
anyone notice that under dim light our CW appears somewhat very lightly pearlescent?

Yeah I noticed that too.

UNA91
07-09-2012, 01:01 PM
What's everyone oil pressure at warm idle? Mines been around 24, and even as low as 19psi idling at warm temp.. Seems abit low...

butterfingers
07-09-2012, 03:40 PM
What's everyone oil pressure at warm idle? Mines been around 24, and even as low as 19psi idling at warm temp.. Seems abit low...

I don't have a gauge but sometimes when i botch a launch the oil light briefly flashes. Eg when I let clutch out too fast and revs drop to around 400.

UNA91
07-09-2012, 04:37 PM
Hmm it used to be around 28psi idling until i hooked up a water temp gauge and tapped the power from the oil pressure gauge. Not sure if it's related or just the weather becoming hotter... 19psi just seemed abit low..

Lukezen27
08-09-2012, 05:40 PM
One more oil filled engine mount blown!

Total tally thus far = 3 and counting

stienerv2
08-09-2012, 07:09 PM
Omg was that mine?

Lukezen27
08-09-2012, 07:42 PM
Omg was that mine?

Yup hahah

What type mounts do you have again?

RPS.13
08-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Hey Mike for brakes you'll probably need around a litre... can't remember how much more I used for clutch though. Clutch bleed nipple is a major pain in the ass to get to too.

I'd recommend using Motul RBF600. Very pricey though!

Mike, symphorced is right you will need at least a liter so roughly 2 bottles I got 3 just incase, and clutch I went thru 2 bottles as well,

Brand wise not much difference, use oem for day to day but when track day comes I use motul rbf600 but like symphorced mention really costly $30 a bottle roughly?

2 bottles is enough for full flush on brakes and clutch.
you dont need much at all to flush clutch fluid. probably 200ml

Cheers thanks guys :thumbsup:

$30 bucks a bottle! Wow! :eek:

stienerv2
08-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Yup hahah

What type mounts do you have again?

Those were OEM, i've upgaded to Mugen. Very similar to OEM and it still has an oil filled mount.

Lukezen27
08-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Those were OEM, i've upgaded to Mugen. Very similar to OEM and it still has an oil filled mount.

Yeah I wanted OEM but clearly they're not working out for my driving style..

Can you buy just a single Mugen mount?

bluey45
08-09-2012, 11:20 PM

I don't think so lol. Are you looking for oem ones? If you are I have a set lying around after I got mine changed to mugen lol.

Lukezen27
08-09-2012, 11:26 PM
I don't think so lol. Are you looking for oem ones? If you are I have a set lying around after I got mine changed to mugen lol.

Not sure its worth going OEM again as I keep break em lol

bluey45
09-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Not sure its worth going OEM again as I keep break em lol

Ah well u never know. Fourth time lucky perhaps?
Anyone using spoon rigid collars? What's your experience with them on a EP3?

stienerv2
09-09-2012, 08:46 PM

I think hardrace can sell single mounts

bluey45
10-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Ridiculous exhaust cannon on this civic.
Don't know why some people do this......
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/10/7etemuda.jpg

Perry
10-09-2012, 04:29 PM
ahahha you havent seen the one of my ek than hehehe

Poeter
10-09-2012, 04:31 PM

I get about 1.5bar which is about 20-22psi. Oil about 93c

Oil: Honda FEO Ultra 5w30.

When I was running royal purple 10w-40 I was getting about 1.8-1.9 bar/26-28psi at 93c.

What oil are you running UNA91?

Poeter
10-09-2012, 04:33 PM
I don't have a gauge but sometimes when i botch a launch the oil light briefly flashes. Eg when I let clutch out too fast and revs drop to around 400.

Oil light flashing means it must be running very low pressure which can damage your engine. Probably way below 0.5bar before it start flashing.

Either your oil level were low or your oil pump is starting to show its age.

UNA91
10-09-2012, 07:17 PM
I get about 1.5bar which is about 20-22psi. Oil about 93c

Oil: Honda FEO Ultra 5w30.

When I was running royal purple 10w-40 I was getting about 1.8-1.9 bar/26-28psi at 93c.

What oil are you running UNA91?

Using Valvoline Synpower 10w40 I think or maybe it was 5w40...

I'm just not sure why my oil pressure suddenly drops from what used to be average 28psi to around 21 psi idle now... i've been using the same oil ever since I got the car. Oil levels are fine, and I don't think there's any leaks. At 3k rpm it's around 65-70psi

The only think i can think of is that, I recently installed a water temp gauge, and i've tapped into the oil pressure gauge to power it... maybe it's robbing some power off it? But then, i've seen people with multiple gauges all connected parallel tho. :/

butterfingers
10-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Oil light flashing means it must be running very low pressure which can damage your engine. Probably way below 0.5bar before it start flashing.

Either your oil level were low or your oil pump is starting to show its age.

possibly oil level, i dont see why it would be low but. dont vtec that often, in fact only driven once or twice a week at most,

no oil leaks and meticulously serviced. been 3000kms since my last and thinking of going for another one.

Poeter
11-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Using Valvoline Synpower 10w40 I think or maybe it was 5w40...

I'm just not sure why my oil pressure suddenly drops from what used to be average 28psi to around 21 psi idle now... i've been using the same oil ever since I got the car. Oil levels are fine, and I don't think there's any leaks. At 3k rpm it's around 65-70psi

The only think i can think of is that, I recently installed a water temp gauge, and i've tapped into the oil pressure gauge to power it... maybe it's robbing some power off it? But then, i've seen people with multiple gauges all connected parallel tho. :/

Don't think it would be a power issue but I guess you can disconnect your water temp gauge and see what happens.

What set of gauges are you using? I'm using a greddy informeter touch.

What is your exact idle temperature? Unless your water temp sensor has caused some impedence in the flow of your coolant. For our K20A, the oil is water-cooled at the oil filter section. From that, it can reduce the cooling efficiency of engine oil and therefore running at a higher temp. By running a higher temp, this can thin out your oil which leads to lower oil pressure.

Maybe some other factors to consider:
-How long have you been running this round of oil?
-Size of oil filter
-Ambient temperature
-Coolant level.

FYI, Honda service manual states 0.7 bar or 10psi minimum at 80 degree for inspection.

UNA91
11-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Don't think it would be a power issue but I guess you can disconnect your water temp gauge and see what happens.

What set of gauges are you using? I'm using a greddy informeter touch.

What is your exact idle temperature? Unless your water temp sensor has caused some impedence in the flow of your coolant. For our K20A, the oil is water-cooled at the oil filter section. From that, it can reduce the cooling efficiency of engine oil and therefore running at a higher temp. By running a higher temp, this can thin out your oil which leads to lower oil pressure.

Maybe some other factors to consider:
-How long have you been running this round of oil?
-Size of oil filter
-Ambient temperature
-Coolant level.

FYI, Honda service manual states 0.7 bar or 10psi minimum at 80 degree for inspection.

Oil pressure gauge is a Prosport Evo which I've had for quite awhile, and water/coolant temp is Prosport Premium.

- Fresh oil has been running for about 3700kms since my last service. The car gets serviced every 5000-6000kms.

- Currently running the EP3/DC5 oil filter. But on my last service i ran the K&N S2000 size filter. But for the last ~3000kms the oil pressure has been stable around 28-30psi, so not sure why it has dropped; unless its because now that winter has passed it's gotten hotter lol. And i would have thought an s2k filter would be even lower pressure due to its larger size.

- As for temps I can't really tell yet since I haven't really connected the sensor for the gauge yet, just the power. I'm just waiting for my buddy club adapter to come in the mail then i'll be slicing the upper radiator hose for it. So I haven't really touched the coolant system. Coolant level is fine, and i'll be 'burping' it and topping it up after installing the adapter. Might consider a full flush on my next service.

Yeah that's what i've heard too, 10 psi minimum and idle and 50psi at 3000rpm. I just get worried when I see it idle at around 19-21 when it used to be around 28 lol

Stanleythornes
11-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Hey bros,

just a quick question, does $750 for a custom catback exhaust sound reasonable?

Cheers.

mocchi
11-09-2012, 03:02 PM
including cat, resonator and muffler?
or just piping with resonator?

Stanleythornes
11-09-2012, 03:13 PM
including cat, resonator and muffler?
or just piping with resonator?

Not including cat, just the resonator and muffler.

Was looking for mugen twin loop but price is a bit steep for me.

mocchi
11-09-2012, 03:25 PM
its ok i guess.
stainless steel or mild steel?

Stanleythornes
11-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Stainless mate.

Where do people normally buy their exhausts from? Locally or overseas?

UNA91
11-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Preferably locally since i hate shipping lol.

UNA91
13-09-2012, 12:58 AM
Does anyone feel like the car is sliding on ice when taking corners hard on slightly bumpy roads? not skidding, just feels like its floating lol its a weird feeling.

Lukezen27
13-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Does anyone feel like the car is sliding on ice when taking corners hard on slightly bumpy roads? not skidding, just feels like its floating lol its a weird feeling.

NO

Char

butterfingers
13-09-2012, 10:36 AM

does it have suspension mods?

UNA91
13-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Just some K-Sport coils set pretty stiff, it was set by the previous owner. I feel the slightest imperfections on the road lol. Also have a whiteline rear swaybar.

Maybe 'sliding on ice' is a little exaggerated, what I mean is like the car is rocking alot over these bumpy roads so it's like the front wheel is slipping all over these bumps trying to get traction? Maybe it's the LSD kicking in :S I cant tell since i dunno what it feels like. When I take corners hard on good surface roads it handles like a go kart

butterfingers
13-09-2012, 11:34 AM
hard cornering on shitty roads isnt a good idea to begin with lol.

Symphorced
13-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Sounds like when you're going over bumpy roads the wheels are not maintaining contact with the ground. I don't have the slightest clue when it comes to suspension tuning but try setting them softer and take the same road at the same pace and see if there is any improvement?

UNA91
13-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Haha, it was just a little spirited drive home since I haven't driven the EP3 for a while, i usually drive like a granny :P.

That's what I would have thought lol, the suspension is stiff so it's rocking around these bumps whilst trying to grip the road since it usually happens when I put some gas into the corner. Just thought it felt a like i was gonna slide into the other lane, but i wasn't lol. Don't really wanna mess with the suspension atm

What does it feel like to have the limited slip come in anyway?

butterfingers
13-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Haha, it was just a little spirited drive home since I haven't driven the EP3 for a while, i usually drive like a granny :P.

That's what I would have thought lol, the suspension is stiff so it's rocking around these bumps whilst trying to grip the road since it usually happens when I put some gas into the corner. Just thought it felt a like i was gonna slide into the other lane, but i wasn't lol. Don't really wanna mess with the suspension atm

What does it feel like to have the limited slip come in anyway?

idk man ic ant tell you what it feels like as ive never driven a non lsd car hard around corners before so i cant compare. does feel like a go kart around roundabouts though

Poeter
13-09-2012, 12:59 PM
well if your front wheels are slipping, i imagine you're getting more understeer?

doosra
13-09-2012, 01:22 PM
I did notice this on my previous accord euro as I had 20's on them and low profile tyres. mine was because the tyres would lose contact with the ground. very dangerous when wet.

UNA91
13-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Yea, it wasn't like i snapped into the corner like a drifter lol, just heavy acceleration mid and exit of the corner. I wouldn't dare in the wet o.o Maybe it was just torque steer

Poeter
13-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Just out of curiosity, has anyone did switchblade key conversion for their ep3 keys?

UNA91
14-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Damn, seems like cops are out and about tonight in Brisbane, heaps of cop patrol cars around, and just went thru a masssiveeee rbt and defect station with the QLD transport guys checking even normal cars. Even the Evo's are getting defected cause the stock numberplate position is illegal... Lucky I was driving the Camry lol

JDM EP3
14-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Damn, seems like cops are out and about tonight in Brisbane, heaps of cop patrol cars around, and just went thru a masssiveeee rbt and defect station with the QLD transport guys checking even normal cars. Even the Evo's are getting defected cause the stock numberplate position is illegal... Lucky I was driving the Camry lol

Thats BS, if ADR rules dont specify that needs to be adjusted to "stock" position then people shouldnt get defected for it.

UNA91
14-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Thats BS, if ADR rules dont specify that needs to be adjusted to "stock" position then people shouldnt get defected for it.

Well you know how they are lol, they'll nit pick what they think is wrong about the car, and if you can really prove them wrong on the spot, they'll probs get you for something else

Lukezen27
15-09-2012, 10:12 AM
I think hardrace can sell single mounts

They don't :(

UNA91
17-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Has anyone tried replacing their reverse lights to LED? I tried and it doesn't work :\ I thought it was the bulb so i got another pair and tried it and still doesn't work; normal halogen bulb works. Do I need resistors or something? not sure why tho for the reverse light.

stienerv2
17-09-2012, 08:04 PM
They don't :(

Thats weird, because Top One (Dedy) was about to order me one. Unless he was planning to buy the whole set and give me one only

Twest
18-09-2012, 12:24 AM
Polarity? Did you try switching them around?

Symphorced
18-09-2012, 08:12 AM
Has anyone tried replacing their reverse lights to LED? I tried and it doesn't work :\ I thought it was the bulb so i got another pair and tried it and still doesn't work; normal halogen bulb works. Do I need resistors or something? not sure why tho for the reverse light.

Only changed mine last weekend. Works completely fine without resistors.

UNA91
18-09-2012, 09:52 AM
Kept flipping the polarity around with no luck :( Just to make sure, the bulb type is 382/BA15S right? The bulb I have slots in perfectly. I've changed my rear indicators to led with resistors and they work fine.

Symphorced
18-09-2012, 06:40 PM
The pair I'm currently using are just T20 projector LED bulbs?

Twest
18-09-2012, 07:22 PM
I second the T20 type bulb. Are they LEDs or SMDs because some of those different globe types are weird and don't work without a diode.

UNA91
18-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Hmm, thats strange... the bulb type for my reverse lights are 382/P21W/BA15S bulbs... like this type: http://imageshack.us/f/171/dettaglio2fx6.jpg/

It's for pre FL rear lights btw

doosra
21-09-2012, 06:17 PM
anyone else annoyed at how crap the turning circle is on the ep3? other than that, love the car

JDM EP3
21-09-2012, 06:21 PM
anyone else annoyed at how crap the turning circle is on the ep3? other than that, love the car

Lol yeah man worst turning circle ever. Because race car!

UNA91
21-09-2012, 06:22 PM

Tell me about it lol.

UNA91
21-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Are the dc5 and ep3 upper radiator hose the same?

butterfingers
21-09-2012, 10:02 PM

Tell me the fuk about it!

brody
22-09-2012, 12:42 AM
Are the dc5 and ep3 upper radiator hose the same?
Nah slightly different hey

brody
22-09-2012, 12:56 AM
Btw. Gunna be installing PLM header within the next few days. Any tips people can give me or problems anyone came across?

Twest
22-09-2012, 02:28 AM
If you are using the 'test pipe' it comes with your secondary 02 sensor wire is going to be short. Make sure you extend the connector side not the sensor side as you will cause false readings if you cut the sensor wires as it will change the impedance.

JDM EP3
22-09-2012, 09:43 AM
If you are using the 'test pipe' it comes with your secondary 02 sensor wire is going to be short. Make sure you extend the connector side not the sensor side as you will cause false readings if you cut the sensor wires as it will change the impedance.

Actually....
I installed my plm headers with test pipe and had no need to extend any sensor cables at all. Guess i got lucky?

Lukezen27
22-09-2012, 11:50 AM

Makes for better tracking dude

BUT sometimes its killer annoying

brody
22-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Ah awesome. Thanks guys. And yeh just with the test pipe hey.. I cbf with messing around with a cat atm. How long did it take to fit?

JDM EP3
22-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Ah awesome. Thanks guys. And yeh just with the test pipe hey.. I cbf with messing around with a cat atm. How long did it take to fit?

It took me roughly 4-5 hours to install headers and exhaust system.
Biggest issue I had was with all the header bolts on the engine being hard as hell to get off and the heat shield and header bolts being rusted out and easy to round.

brody
23-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Ahh Righto. Yeh I remember the bolts being pretty shitty when I did the exhaust. Oh well haha.

kenny07
24-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Btw. Gunna be installing PLM header within the next few days. Any tips people can give me or problems anyone came across?

i just got my PLM headers and Hi-flow cat installed last wednesday!!

and all you need to know is.. :D :D :D

brody
24-09-2012, 11:44 PM
Haha nice. How much for the install if you don't mind me asking?

Also, anyone running spoon calipers mind telling me what wheel size your running. Looking to getting some new wheels but want to make sure a have room if/when I decide to do the upgrade. Without using spacers.

Was thinking 8.5. +38