PDA

View Full Version : EP3 Type R

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

kongfu
18-06-2009, 09:13 PM
AHAHAHAHA :thumbsup:

Type S isn't family. LOL

haha denrie dude is so funny, he believes that Type S not in R family at all:wave:

bbds
18-06-2009, 09:20 PM
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090606103625AAAvNJj :eek:

kongfu
18-06-2009, 09:41 PM
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090606103625AAAvNJj :eek:

Type-S is just a lowered version of the Type-R. Type-S stands for Sport, Type-R stands for Racing. Some Type-R models are only available in Japan. Type-R is the best of Honda.

Si = Sport injected
Si-R = Sport injected-Racing
Type-S = Type-Sport
Type-R = Type-Racing

And for the Integra GS-R, that's Grand Sport-Racing. Just under Integra Type-R.

To me, the GS-R, Si, Si-R, and Type-S are basically the same. I live in the States, so it may be different anywhere else.

SuperSteve
18-06-2009, 10:16 PM
lol type s tony

stop stirring shit =p

SuperSteve
18-06-2009, 10:19 PM
hey guys, I saw a ep3 near DFO 2night and i beeped my horn while i was right beside him. Anyone here ??

ITRDC2
18-06-2009, 11:49 PM
where do you find them?

lots on ebay ~~~ around 2xx usd, shipping fee not included

Seren1ty
19-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Hey Guys (and Girls),

Does anyone here service their EP3R themselves? I mean instead of taking it to the mechanic every 5,000kms, you actually buy the oils and filters and do it yourself?

For everyone else I'm wondering how much you pay for your average 5,000kms service? I've been getting mine serviced for $99 and they're honest about what they do and seem to know their stuff, but just want to look into doing it myself to get a bit more hands on with the car.

Im interested in finding out what engine oil, gearbox oil, brake fluid, air and oil filters I would need to do it myself? Currently its stock so original parts are preferred.

I will be doing some searching around the forum for info aswell, but if anyone can help that would be awesome =)

Type S Tony
19-06-2009, 02:15 PM
I propose a challenge,

Wakefield park open race day!

My Dc5-S vs any Willing EP3-R

What you boys say?

icecrm
19-06-2009, 02:49 PM

burak213
19-06-2009, 02:52 PM

i like your sig man haha

icecrm
19-06-2009, 03:01 PM
i just dont see the point of this argument

KaZe86
19-06-2009, 03:10 PM
yup i know... we all know the winner of that! ;)

EP3EVA
19-06-2009, 03:20 PM
I propose a challenge,

Wakefield park open race day!

My Dc5-S vs any Willing EP3-R

What you boys say?

c'mon someone do it...........;)

Type S Tony
19-06-2009, 03:30 PM
i just dont see the point of this argument

Its not an argument, i simply asked a question, got an answer, then read all the spam regarding EP3's chopping Type S's & have now issued a challenge to any EP3 owner who wants to put the theory to the test, no argument here bro!

c'mon someone do it...........;)

Im Syked if anyone is up for it!

EP3EVA
19-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Its not an argument, i simply asked a question, got an answer, then read all the spam regarding EP3's chopping Type S's & have now issued a challenge to any EP3 owner who wants to put the theory to the test, no argument here bro!

Im Syked if anyone is up for it!

how you want to Vs? best Lap time?

dont worry im sure someone in Syd will want to race you...but the mods you or he/she has to be close to each other.

Tony whats your Car Spec?

icecrm
19-06-2009, 03:49 PM
i think it would only be solved if you get 2 stock cars and raced.

cuz if the ep3 was work and dc5-s was stock and the ep3 wins, dc5-s driver will say EP3 was worked and vice versa
or if they had the same mods ie intake and cat back or both coilovers or something

Type S Tony
19-06-2009, 04:24 PM
My Car-

Buddy club rims W/Semi-slick Rubber
Mugen Air intake
Fujitsubo Cat Back Exhaust
Buddy Club header W/high Flow cat
Tanabe front sway bar
Skunk 2 Lowering springs

On order:
- Skunk 2 LCA's
- Koni Yellow Adjustable shock
- Trying to look for a decent tunable ECU

I wont run slicks if the other car isnt running slicks!

Philip Lee
19-06-2009, 04:48 PM
racing means nothing.

driving skill will be the main deciding factor.

you need both cars to be driven by the same person (under near identical track condition) to see which is the faster car.

questera
19-06-2009, 04:51 PM
racing means nothing.

you need both cars to be driven by the same person (under near identical track condition) to see which is the faster car.

:thumbsup: exactly

Type S Tony
19-06-2009, 04:55 PM
racing means nothing.

I recorded a 1m 15sec pass my first time out ever @ wakefield in my pissy boosted toyota paseo turbo!

icecrm
19-06-2009, 05:53 PM
I think we need the boys from top gear to decide which is better. Phillip is right. If you get a noob driver(me) to drive a worked ep3 for example and get ...... Let's say for arguments sake keichi tsuchia (not sure if that's the right spelling) to drive a close to stock ep3 he will most likely beat the more worked but less experiamce guy.

kongfu
19-06-2009, 05:57 PM
racing means nothing.

but tony just wanna know if his type S will beat EP3 on track.

come on EP3 owners in syd...race with him at wakefiled...gonna be fun!:thumbsup:

bbds
19-06-2009, 06:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVG-1D36w9s

just a lil something =)

SuperSteve
19-06-2009, 07:20 PM
type s tony u should have came to the toda dyno day =p

icecrm
19-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Does anyone know what's happening tomorrow for the syd cruise

NightRyder
19-06-2009, 09:04 PM
it might appear that the ep3 meet will be rescheduled...wet weather... :(

SuperSteve
19-06-2009, 09:07 PM
yeah reschedule probably b the way to go

cruise in wet = craptastic

Type S Tony
19-06-2009, 10:20 PM
type s tony u should have came to the toda dyno day =p

i was meant to come but i got a flat tyre on the freeway and cracked it cause the spare was a skinny tyre so i just went back home!

KaZe86
19-06-2009, 10:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVG-1D36w9s

just a lil something =)

i like :p

bbds
20-06-2009, 06:33 PM
i like :p

just a lil sumthin sumthin :D

SuperSteve
20-06-2009, 06:37 PM
haha nice

KaZe86
20-06-2009, 06:39 PM
just a lil sumthin sumthin :D

a little somthing also... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYALj34YbpI

SuperSteve
20-06-2009, 06:43 PM

wait till u upgrade ur intake mate :D makes a heaps big difference and the noise of vtec sounds HEAPS better

KaZe86
20-06-2009, 06:46 PM
wait till u upgrade ur intake mate :D makes a heaps big difference and the noise of vtec sounds HEAPS better

hrmm yeah... i know i got a injen cai and toda headers to go in very soon! :thumbsup:

SuperSteve
20-06-2009, 06:48 PM
hrmm yeah... i know i got a injen cai and toda headers to go in very soon! :thumbsup:

haha awesome bro :thumbsup:

let us all know how it goes buddy :thumbsup:

Nepolian
20-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Hi, sorry guys, due to wet weather the cruise has been rescheduled till the 4th July :)

KaZe86
20-06-2009, 06:52 PM
haha awesome bro :thumbsup:

let us all know how it goes buddy :thumbsup:

yeah i will be trying to diy install for headers and cai any tips? pretty straight foward for itr's but not sure about the ep3 dont you have a full toda setup steve?

Cheers

bbds
20-06-2009, 07:06 PM

hahah very nice =))

SuperSteve
20-06-2009, 07:11 PM
yeah i will be trying to diy install for headers and cai any tips? pretty straight foward for itr's but not sure about the ep3 dont you have a full toda setup steve?

Cheers

getting my toda headers hopefully put in next week so then after that i have the full toda setup :D Cant wait hehe

i dont have a injen so cant really give u any tips there sorry. Best ask Nepolian :thumbsup: but from the sounds of it doesnt sound 2 bad. I have a gruppe m intake which was pretty straight forward connecting it together

SuperSteve
20-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Hi, sorry guys, due to wet weather the cruise has been rescheduled till the 4th July :)

yes :D

i should b able to make this 1

i just gotta get my permissions slips signed by the gf

EP3EVA
20-06-2009, 07:18 PM
getting my toda headers hopefully put in next week so then after that i have the full toda setup :D Cant wait hehe

i dont have a injen so cant really give u any tips there sorry. Best ask Nepolian :thumbsup: but from the sounds of it doesnt sound 2 bad. I have a gruppe m intake which was pretty straight forward connecting it together

hey Steve, are you gonna be running de-cat or some metal cat? on the toda header..

SuperSteve
20-06-2009, 07:21 PM
hey Steve, are you gonna be running de-cat or some metal cat? on the toda header..

getting a high flow metal cat welded to the toda header

denrie
20-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Anyone interested in Mugen Sports Suspension?

denrie
20-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Any does anyone know if EP3R suspension can fit DC5R aswell? Cheers.

EP3EVA
20-06-2009, 10:40 PM
Anyone interested in Mugen Sports Suspension?

PM sent!!:cool:

opps you sold it already sorry!!

that must be record sale man, in less than 30mins

blk_shadow
20-06-2009, 10:48 PM
both are nice vids!

Jibz
21-06-2009, 02:00 AM
Hey guys, posted this at ClubITR too, but thought this thread would be an appropriate place to share my problem with the EP3:

I've been driving my EP3 for a little over a week now and noticed a couple issues. Car is a 2003 model with 55k KM's, Mugen suspension and brake pads and POSSIBLY an aftermarket heavy duty clutch. Other than that, to my knowledge, the car is stock.

Just as a preface, I brought the car to Chasers and they had a test drive and put the car up on the lifts and inspected it, saying that the car was very clean and nothing looked to be worn down. All bushings and mounts they saw looked 'new'.

Alright, now for the steering wheel issue; sometimes after travelling over a bumpy section of road or braking moderately hard, the steering wheel has a bit of resistance and alot of squeaking during the first 20 degrees or so off centre, either side. This usually goes away a couple minutes later, but doesnt feel quite right and perhaps some of you know what could be the cause of this? I'm guessing the problem is related to mounts/bearings?

The second issue, is a knocking sound I get from the front left shock that usually presents itself when at full lock, and transitioning onto an incline, i.e. onto a driveway or turning into a carpark. I have yet to hear this sound when driving normally. I'm planning to take the car somewhere to have it looked at specifically once I'm done with exams.

-J

kongfu
21-06-2009, 02:49 AM
Hey guys, posted this at ClubITR too, but thought this thread would be an appropriate place to share my problem with the EP3:

I've been driving my EP3 for a little over a week now and noticed a couple issues. Car is a 2003 model with 55k KM's, Mugen suspension and brake pads and POSSIBLY an aftermarket heavy duty clutch. Other than that, to my knowledge, the car is stock.

Just as a preface, I brought the car to Chasers and they had a test drive and put the car up on the lifts and inspected it, saying that the car was very clean and nothing looked to be worn down. All bushings and mounts they saw looked 'new'.

Alright, now for the steering wheel issue; sometimes after travelling over a bumpy section of road or braking moderately hard, the steering wheel has a bit of resistance and alot of squeaking during the first 20 degrees or so off centre, either side. This usually goes away a couple minutes later, but doesnt feel quite right and perhaps some of you know what could be the cause of this? I'm guessing the problem is related to mounts/bearings?

The second issue, is a knocking sound I get from the front left shock that usually presents itself when at full lock, and transitioning onto an incline, i.e. onto a driveway or turning into a carpark. I have yet to hear this sound when driving normally. I'm planning to take the car somewhere to have it looked at specifically once I'm done with exams.

-J

1)check coilover top mounts

2)check steering rack/bushes

Mugen_B16B
21-06-2009, 04:26 AM
steering rack issue

SuperSteve
21-06-2009, 11:42 AM

-J

-That sqeaking noise ur having when turning is a steering rack issue. I had it b4. In the UK they got there steering racks replaced underwarranty. But ive read on uk type r forums and been told by my mechanic that its not a safety issue and u can drive with it and ignore it (But ofcourse that squeaking noise is annoying and u dont wanna listen to that shit) . So u can do what my mechanic done. Get a mechanic ( or urself ) to pull back the rubber sleeve on the steering rack and spray some can lube into there to stop the squeaking noise. After my mechanic done that i havent heard it since :thumbsup:. Its been over a year now aswell

-With ur suspension, i had a knocking noise 2 weeks after i got my coilovers put in. When i was turning u could hear a Knock noise but when i listen more carefully it was more like a "TING" noise. Took to my mechanic that installed them and all it turned out to b was the passenger side perch lock came unloose (i think thats the name of the lock) They got the their c spanners and tightened it up and all good after that. I travel alot on shitty sydney roads with lots of bumps so if u do aswell, keep taking a look at them once a month to see if they are still tight :thumbsup:

SuperSteve
21-06-2009, 11:45 AM
-That sqeaking noise ur having when turning is a steering rack issue. I had it b4. In the UK they got there steering racks replaced underwarranty. But ive read on uk type r forums and been told by my mechanic that its not a safety issue and u can drive with it and ignore it (But ofcourse that squeaking noise is annoying and u dont wanna listen to that shit) . So u can do what my mechanic done. Get a mechanic ( or urself ) to pull back the rubber sleeve on the steering rack and spray some can lube into there to stop the squeaking noise. After my mechanic done that i havent heard it since :thumbsup:. Its been over a year now aswell

-With ur suspension, i had a knocking noise 2 weeks after i got my coilovers put in. When i was turning u could hear a Knock noise but when i listen more carefully it was more like a "TING" noise. Took to my mechanic that installed them and all it turned out to b was the passenger side perch lock came unloose (i think thats the name of the lock) They got the their c spanners and tightened it up and all good after that. I travel alot on shitty sydney roads with lots of bumps so if u do aswell, keep taking a look at them once a month to see if they are still tight :thumbsup:

Having said both of them things i could be wrong and it could be something else :( They are problems i had though. But if ur still in doubt take ur car to a mechanic :thumbsup:

Jibz
21-06-2009, 01:14 PM
thanks for the quick and detailed responses guys, will have a look at that immediately!

regarding the lube on the steering rack, do you remember what kind of lube it was? would a silicone spray work?

Ill put the car on jacks and tighten the top of the mounts if possible. Will update with results!

Mugen_B16B
21-06-2009, 02:10 PM
i think there was a diy on how to relube the rack, ill have to dig out the thread on ephatch.com

SuperSteve
21-06-2009, 02:18 PM
i think there was a diy on how to relube the rack, ill have to dig out the thread on ephatch.com

:thumbsup:

white_ep3_civic
21-06-2009, 06:34 PM
I hav noticed on my dash EPS. Just wanted to know wat this is?

Nepolian
21-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Electronic power steering :)

Its just a check light like the ecu one.

white_ep3_civic
21-06-2009, 08:23 PM
Electronic power steering :)

Its just a check light like the ecu one.

Ah k. That has been buggin me 4 ages. Thanks.

Jibz
21-06-2009, 09:21 PM
and the VGR is the variable gear ratio

Jibz
21-06-2009, 09:32 PM
Alright guys, had the car up on jacks tightened up the front left shock, seems better, but while on the jacks noticed another problem which ill get fixed.

When I spin (not steer) the wheel back and fourth just a couple millimeters, i get a clicking sound, which isnt there on the other front wheel. I'm guessing this is the wheel bearing issue, so I'll get that checked out by a proper mechanic later. I'm glad I've at least spotted this now, having read some of the stories people have regarding failed wheel bearings.

Access to the steering rack boots is a bit harder so I probably wont attempt to do it myself just yet.

questera
21-06-2009, 09:42 PM
does anyone of you knows a good alarm system?

I want to upgrade my alarm and choosing between Brant and quiktrak. anybody have been using those? any feedback would be great. Thanks

SuperSteve
21-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Alright guys, had the car up on jacks tightened up the front left shock, seems better, but while on the jacks noticed another problem which ill get fixed.

When I spin (not steer) the wheel back and fourth just a couple millimeters, i get a clicking sound, which isnt there on the other front wheel. I'm guessing this is the wheel bearing issue, so I'll get that checked out by a proper mechanic later. I'm glad I've at least spotted this now, having read some of the stories people have regarding failed wheel bearings.

Access to the steering rack boots is a bit harder so I probably wont attempt to do it myself just yet.

hey bud let us know how u go when u get ur wheel bearings sorted. Be good to get any information on these for our cars because ive read what has happened when other cars wheels bearings go. Sounds scary

SuperSteve
22-06-2009, 02:37 PM
W()()T i can make it to 4th of july cruise ! ! !
yeah boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ! !

icecrm
22-06-2009, 02:40 PM
hhahaha

are you gonna have the headers in by then

??

Type S Tony
22-06-2009, 02:51 PM
im snapping i wont have headers,sway bars or camber kit on by then, not even my shifter linkages!

denrie
22-06-2009, 07:17 PM
im snapping i wont have headers,sway bars or camber kit on by then, not even my shifter linkages!

why not?

blk_shadow
22-06-2009, 07:41 PM

if you have a whining sound while u're driving, then that will be the wheel bearing for sure, if you spin the wheel, and there is a clicking sound just when u started spinning it. It can be your driveshaft, there are gears or bearings in the outer driveshaft. u might need a driveshaft rebuild prolly.

but yeah, get it checked as well.

Jibz
22-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Hmm driveshaft rebuild seems scary. Theres no consistent noise while driving, but if I'm stopped and turn the steering wheel either way I can hear the clicking and as i mentioned earlier, I dicovered the source when the car was on a jack. Got my last 2 exams in the next week so I can't do anything about it for a while.

Bought the car from a dealer and it should be covered under their warranty.

blk_shadow
22-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Reconditioning driveshaft isnt as expensive as buying genuine w/bearing. I got mine replaced.
But if u turning the steering wheel as opposed to turning the wheel backward and forward,it can b smthg else. Check ur rack end's boot if it splits,any leaks from driveshaft etc.

Type S Tony
22-06-2009, 09:36 PM
why not?

Just to busy with Work & crap that i never have the time, plus the car is my daily so i always need it!

SuperSteve
22-06-2009, 10:50 PM
hhahaha

are you gonna have the headers in by then

??

hopefully ! *fingers crossed*

Perry
22-06-2009, 11:30 PM
HEy Steve were u in the CT on Sat night?

burak213
23-06-2009, 12:21 PM
these ep3's seem like they're full of problems ay? i wonder why...

burak213
23-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Just saying man, i like every honda, and i always read this thread but it seems like every ep3 has a common problem, just wondering why thats all no hate mate!

Type S Tony
23-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Im man enough to admitt that the DC5's have engine mount problems! its becuase of all that EXTRA POWER!

Seren1ty
23-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Just saying man, i like every honda, and i always read this thread but it seems like every ep3 has a common problem, just wondering why thats all no hate mate!

all good mate - ur post could be read either way and I posted before considering both options. Thats why its deleted mate, cause my comment wasnt relevent.

having said that - the FL models seem solid atm (holds breath...)

Type S Tony
23-06-2009, 01:14 PM
We are all going to have so much fun together on the EP3 Cruise!

icecrm
23-06-2009, 02:09 PM
yup i think so aswell

cant wait

SuperSteve
23-06-2009, 02:19 PM

Just ordinary wear and tear problems really. Engine mount is also a problem with the dc5 series aswell

HEy Steve were u in the CT on Sat night?

nope wasnt me perry. U would know if it was me ill b beeping my horn and waving beserkly hahaha

Perry
23-06-2009, 02:40 PM
nope wasnt me perry. U would know if it was me ill b beeping my horn and waving beserkly hahaha[/QUOTE]

I was in a Taxi anyways. EP3 had non HID's aswell :(

SuperSteve
23-06-2009, 02:49 PM
nope wasnt me perry. U would know if it was me ill b beeping my horn and waving beserkly hahaha

I was in a Taxi anyways. EP3 had non HID's aswell :([/QUOTE]

dam ep3 with non HIDS :(

u coming next cruise ??

Perry
23-06-2009, 03:17 PM
I was in a Taxi anyways. EP3 had non HID's aswell :(

u coming next cruise ??[/QUOTE]

dont know yet. when is it?

Q_ball
23-06-2009, 03:21 PM
^ You fail at quoting!

Perry
23-06-2009, 03:35 PM
^ You fail at quoting!

well well look who's here !!!

SuperSteve
23-06-2009, 04:05 PM

u coming next cruise ??

dont know yet. when is it?[/QUOTE]

4th of july bud :D

Nepolian
23-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Yep, Steve! Perry! You totally fail at quoting :p

Anyone spoken to Di lately...? Perry?

Perry
23-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Yep, Steve! Perry! You totally fail at quoting :p

Anyone spoken to Di lately...? Perry?

hehehe
Di did a few post on citr spam.

blk_shadow
23-06-2009, 07:26 PM

Yeah,as steve said.wear and tear. Also,ep3's coming from japan mostly r heavily tracked. When they're landed here,we got all these wear n tear things start happening.

white_ep3_civic
23-06-2009, 07:58 PM
Yeah,as steve said.wear and tear. Also,ep3's coming from japan mostly r heavily tracked. When they're landed here,we got all these wear n tear things start happening.

Yeh that is very true had a few mechanical probs with my EP3R.

EP3EVA
23-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Yeh that is very true had a few mechanical probs with my EP3R.

Is your car modded when you got it??

Is your mount still good?

white_ep3_civic
23-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Is your car modded when you got it??

Is your mount still good?

Na my car was completly stock when I bought it. A week later my mount broke. The O2 sensor needed to be replaced (don't think has anythin to do with tracking) the clutch is sticky and the thrust bearing is noisy.

NightRyder
23-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Gosh...sounds scary hearing all these problems with people's EP3's, glad mine hasn't had any problems yet...*touch wood* :)

4th July most likely will be there!...

Hey burak & Ant, welcome to the EP3 thread...haha :wave:

EP3EVA
23-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Na my car was completly stock when I bought it. A week later my mount broke. The O2 sensor needed to be replaced (don't think has anythin to do with tracking) the clutch is sticky and the thrust bearing is noisy.

my stock too, and is 64k when i got it now 70k everything still good,

how many k's you got?

blk_shadow
23-06-2009, 10:23 PM

one more thing is, being stock when u bought it, doesn't mean it was stock in its previous life up in Japan. but about the O2 sensor its prolly a faulty unit tho.

Jap bought Type R only for one reason, and yeah we know it LOL.

it was prolly stock here to be able to get it complied, so ITB's and stuffs won't make it LOL just my guess....

white_ep3_civic
24-06-2009, 10:44 AM
one more thing is, being stock when u bought it, doesn't mean it was stock in its previous life up in Japan. but about the O2 sensor its prolly a faulty unit tho.

Jap bought Type R only for one reason, and yeah we know it LOL.

it was prolly stock here to be able to get it complied, so ITB's and stuffs won't make it LOL just my guess....

Yeh it prob was prob moded in japan tht the only thing I can think of as to why there were that many issues with the car.

white_ep3_civic
24-06-2009, 10:46 AM
my stock too, and is 64k when i got it now 70k everything still good,

how many k's you got?

Mine had 61k when I bought it but now has 68k so I havnt put that many k's on it. It all warrenty so it all free.

Type S Tony
24-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Do EP3 drivers find that their constantly punching their center consoles when shifting gears?

Jibz
24-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Do EP3 drivers find that their constantly punching their center consoles when shifting gears?

No, never!

Type S Tony
24-06-2009, 11:51 AM
No, never!

U sure?

Seren1ty
24-06-2009, 11:52 AM

Never happened mate, Honda isn't that careless. Gear shifter is in awesome position and a treat to slot through the gears =)

Type S Tony
24-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Never happened mate, Honda isn't that careless. Gear shifter is in awesome position and a treat to slot through the gears =)

Even when your quick shifting,

Oh and also I wanted to ask if EP3 gearboxs have the same nothcy 2nd gear as DC5's?

Seren1ty
24-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Even when your quick shifting,

Mate - it's an imported jdm type r, I didn't buy it to do the grocery run. Of course that includes quick shifting. All I do is quick shift it :p

Oh and also I wanted to ask if EP3 gearboxs have the same nothcy 2nd gear as DC5's?

do u mean at any rpm or only high rpm? My FL is fine 90% of time but occasionally at high rpm (>8000) it can stick when trying to 'quick shift' to 2nd.

Type S Tony
24-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Mate - it's an imported jdm type r, I didn't buy it to do the grocery run. Of course that includes quick shifting. All I do is quick shift it :p

do u mean at any rpm or only high rpm? My FL is fine 90% of time but occasionally at high rpm (>8000) it can stick when trying to 'quick shift' to 2nd.

Arghhh isnt that soooo annoying! I happens to me in my car to & i bought some stiffer bushes to replace the linakges with but just haven gotten around to it yet!

Seren1ty
24-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Arghhh isnt that soooo annoying! I happens to me in my car to & i bought some stiffer bushes to replace the linakges with but just haven gotten around to it yet!

yeah it always happens when u least expect it too :p one second uve got a tacho full of ludicrously high rpm, the sound of vtec urging you on - and then ur left there in a shattered state of crunched gears, over revving engine and complete frustration as you search again to find 2nd but by then its all too late...

icecrm
24-06-2009, 12:45 PM
mine does it in high rpm

Nepolian
24-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Gear crunching is generally caused by engine movement. Especially at high revs. . Eg. . At the drags! Get stiffer engine mounts! Dropped 0.2 seconds just by changing mounts.

Type S Tony
24-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Im looking into stiffer mount, Just got a new Tie Bar & strut tower bar!

SuperSteve
24-06-2009, 01:36 PM
Gear crunching is generally caused by engine movement. Especially at high revs. . Eg. . At the drags! Get stiffer engine mounts! Dropped 0.2 seconds just by changing mounts.

i was going to say that :thumbsup:

nice solid engine mounts help with changing gears

Look nepolian my quote isnt fail :D

Jibz
24-06-2009, 03:12 PM
yay for engine mounts. mine should be a couple weeks off.

just curious for those of you with a Gruppe M, do you guys remove, or try to cover up the intake scoop like the instruction manual reccomends during heavy rain? I do know there is a drain hole and all but have you guys noticed any issues if you DONT cover it up during a thunderstorm?

Perry
24-06-2009, 03:13 PM
ahhaah Steve.
OH yeah guys need some help with suspension setup, basically im after front and rear camber kits any good recommendation? I was looking into T1R rear camber kit and the inverted rods but not sure which front camber arms to get.

SuperSteve
24-06-2009, 08:09 PM
yay for engine mounts. mine should be a couple weeks off.

just curious for those of you with a Gruppe M, do you guys remove, or try to cover up the intake scoop like the instruction manual reccomends during heavy rain? I do know there is a drain hole and all but have you guys noticed any issues if you DONT cover it up during a thunderstorm?

basically the way i read the instructions is, You need that scoop on during heavy rain etc but otherwise leave it off ( i heard that having the scoop off is actually better) Mine is on all the time and ive driven through some heavy rain quiet a few times now and no problems

bennjamin
24-06-2009, 09:00 PM
what times are you lot running ?
Some guys claim a EP3 with intake and exhaust does mid to high 13' ? What planet lol ?

SuperSteve
24-06-2009, 10:03 PM
what times are you lot running ?
Some guys claim a EP3 with intake and exhaust does mid to high 13' ? What planet lol ?

best time i ran out of 3 runs in 1 night was 14.1 I had a intake and exhaust but tyres were pretty worn. Wheel spun like all buggery every run. If i had decent tyres and i knew how to drive properly probably i would have cracked the high 13's mayb.

I know that chubbysteve ran a 13.9 in his ep3 with intake and exhaust

Mugen_B16B
24-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Queenslander!!!!!!!

SuperSteve
24-06-2009, 10:22 PM
queenslander!!!!!!!

bs bs bs bs bs ! ! ! !

hai
24-06-2009, 10:50 PM
planning to get HID, what size is it??

denrie
25-06-2009, 01:05 AM
Nepolian did high 13's aswel with mild mods =]

denrie
25-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Anyone interested in Buddy Club Racing Spec Dampers? Might be selling mine...

icecrm
25-06-2009, 11:16 AM
saw an ep3 this morning on my way to work

i think waringah road.

any one here?
heading towards dee why

KaZe86
25-06-2009, 02:46 PM

yup im interested pm price and KM's any problems on them and why u selling?

Steve,

jt2k
25-06-2009, 04:19 PM
hey what should i be looking out for when test driving an ep3???

Type S Tony
25-06-2009, 04:34 PM
hey what should i be looking out for when test driving an ep3???

Everything, You cant be to sure these days, Might wanna also look at DC5's, Type S's in particular, they out perform, out handle out everything of the EP3

denrie
25-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Everything, You cant be to sure these days, Might wanna also look at DC5's, Type S's in particular, they out perform, out handle out everything of the EP3

AHAHAHA here we go again :cool: LOL

SuperSteve
25-06-2009, 04:36 PM

hahaha you joke ?

Type S Tony
25-06-2009, 04:39 PM
AHAHAHA here we go again :cool: LOL

hahaha you joke ?

Hahaha, I like the EP3 thread, i think i might hang around just a little longer!

Nepolian
25-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Dont worry guys, Tony's so annoying his actually banned from the spam thread and is now hiding out and spamming here.........LOLS!

SuperSteve
25-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Got new mugen engine mounts put in 2day. When i had them out i was having a play with them and they were more stiffer then the oem ones that had been pulled out. Shifting now feels smoother and car feels abit more responsive. 2 side mounts were easy to install but the front mount looked like a pain in the ass !

Type S Tony
25-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Got new mugen engine mounts put in 2day. When i had them out i was having a play with them and they were more stiffer then the oem ones that had been pulled out. Shifting now feels smoother and car feels abit more responsive. 2 side mounts were easy to install but the front mount looked like a pain in the ass !

It is, Ive done it before! Thank god i was using a hoist but!

SuperSteve
25-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Dont worry guys, Tony's so annoying his actually banned from the spam thread and is now hiding out and spamming here.........LOLS!

hahahahahaha

Somebody stop him ! !

SuperSteve
25-06-2009, 04:56 PM
It is, Ive done it before! Thank god i was using a hoist but!

yes without the hoist it would have been heaps harder

Type S Tony
25-06-2009, 04:59 PM
LOL, Nah i Like the EP3 thread because its a very active thread & you guys know alot about your cars which happen to be very similar to mine & theirs constant discussion regarding different aspect of the car constantly going on which is good.

Promise to EP3 thread: Will keep spamming down to a minimal level!

SuperSteve
25-06-2009, 05:01 PM
LOL, Nah i Like the EP3 thread because its a very active thread & you guys know alot about your cars which happen to be very similar to mine & theirs constant discussion regarding different aspect of the car constantly going on which is good.

Promise to EP3 thread: Will keep spamming down to a minimal level!

hahahaha yeah right !

Yeah ive picked up some good information on this thread aswell

jt2k
25-06-2009, 06:58 PM

Yeah, i test drove a DC5S and a EP3 today....very small difference but, personally the EP3 shits on the DC5S, in performance, looks, and feel.

Jibz
25-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Yeah, i test drove a DC5S and a EP3 today....very small difference but, personally the EP3 shits on the DC5S, in performance, looks, and feel.

waiting for Tony's response..

SuperSteve
25-06-2009, 07:10 PM

hahaha yeah me too

hello tony u there ?? :wave:

SuperSteve
25-06-2009, 07:12 PM

why u selling ?? i love them hehe

denrie
25-06-2009, 07:44 PM
why u selling ?? i love them hehe

Because I decided to keep my Mugen ones. LOL ohh btw pm sent :)

denrie
25-06-2009, 07:48 PM

HAHAHAHA me too! I'm waiting aswell...

This will be interesting! :)

Type S Tony
25-06-2009, 08:30 PM

If its ""very small difference" how can you sit behind your PC & claim the EP3 "Shits"& im only quoting your own words, on the DC5'S, to me a comment like that tells me you dont know wtf your talking about and would probably be better of buying a pink convertible VW Bug to cruise your boyfriend around in!

Its all about the BENJAMINS Baby!

blk_shadow
25-06-2009, 08:42 PM

nice Steve! I'm still waiting for my Spoon mounts...hehehe

SuperSteve
25-06-2009, 08:49 PM
nice Steve! I'm still waiting for my Spoon mounts...hehehe

nice ! i never knew spoon made engine mounts for k series

Let us know how they feel buddy :thumbsup:

blk_shadow
25-06-2009, 08:55 PM
nice ! i never knew spoon made engine mounts for k series

Let us know how they feel buddy :thumbsup:

will do :cool::thumbsup:

p3p5y
25-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Hey guys,

Was on the way home from work tonight when I started up my EP3 and the engine light came on and stayed on. That's quite worrying. I drove it all the way home... with the light remaining on the whole time. Knowing that the engine warning could have anything to do with the engine, is there anything I can look at to try and remove the engine light? E.g. Check spark plugs, missfire, etc... I'll need to have a look at it tomorrow or on the weekend.

I understand that there is an error code that the OBD diagonistics have picked up but I don't know what it is without any tools to help me diagnose it.

Cheers.

jt2k
25-06-2009, 10:07 PM
If its ""very small difference" how can you sit behind your PC & claim the EP3 "Shits"& im only quoting your own words, on the DC5'S, to me a comment like that tells me you dont know wtf your talking about and would probably be better of buying a pink convertible VW Bug to cruise your boyfriend around in!

Its all about the BENJAMINS Baby!

i love the anger.

Nepolian
25-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Hey guys,

Was on the way home from work tonight when I started up my EP3 and the engine light came on and stayed on. That's quite worrying. I drove it all the way home... with the light remaining on the whole time. Knowing that the engine warning could have anything to do with the engine, is there anything I can look at to try and remove the engine light? E.g. Check spark plugs, missfire, etc... I'll need to have a look at it tomorrow or on the weekend.

I understand that there is an error code that the OBD diagonistics have picked up but I don't know what it is without any tools to help me diagnose it.

Cheers.

Just reset the ecu by removing the fuse or disconnect the battery for a minute or so.

Have you done any mods lately?

p3p5y
25-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Just reset the ecu by removing the fuse or disconnect the battery for a minute or so.

Have you done any mods lately?

The car's fully stock. No mods at all. There must've been a reason why it came up in the first place which was what I was hoping to determine. I may try and DC the battery to reset the ECU on the weekend. If it pops up again, then there must be something wrong and I may need to do some more investigating.

Cheers.

EP3EVA
25-06-2009, 10:38 PM
The car's fully stock. No mods at all. There must've been a reason why it came up in the first place which was what I was hoping to determine. I may try and DC the battery to reset the ECU on the weekend. If it pops up again, then there must be something wrong and I may need to do some more investigating.

Cheers.

so is the engine light is off now??

have you been driving hard?? like you change gear at 8k plus?

did the car act diff when the light is on?

p3p5y
25-06-2009, 11:29 PM
so is the engine light is off now??

have you been driving hard?? like you change gear at 8k plus?

did the car act diff when the light is on?

The engine light was still on a few hours ago when I last drove the car. It's home now and haven't drove it since.

I wouldn't say I've been driving it hard excessively but every now and then the revs would find its way between 6-7K RPM.

The car didn't really feel that different when the engine light came on.

KaZe86
26-06-2009, 01:25 AM
might be ur o2 sensor could be loose ;)

p3p5y
26-06-2009, 07:42 AM
Hmmm not sure if its 02 Sensor, but do you think following this guide would help locate the issue?
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67113&highlight=obd2
There's no mention if this method will work with the EP3 though.

icecrm
26-06-2009, 11:45 AM
i had that happen before and i found the O2 sensor was loose

KaZe86
26-06-2009, 03:35 PM
i had that happen before and i found the O2 sensor was loose

yup like i said... :thumbsup:

worth giving it a try... or check even...

bbds
26-06-2009, 07:05 PM
The engine light was still on a few hours ago when I last drove the car. It's home now and haven't drove it since.

I wouldn't say I've been driving it hard excessively but every now and then the revs would find its way between 6-7K RPM.

The car didn't really feel that different when the engine light came on.

hey champ ive had the exact thing happen to me, my mechanic says its a common thing that happens for hondas. He put some computer thing and got it removed straight away.

I was scared shitless at the start, but he said there was nothing to worry about.

white_ep3_civic
26-06-2009, 09:58 PM
Hey guys,

Cheers.

My engine light was on too the other day so i reset my ECU like Nepolian said but it came back after a while. I found that it was the O2 sensor. I replaced that havnt had a prob since.

white_ep3_civic
26-06-2009, 09:59 PM
SO whats happenin next weekend for the cruise? same as last details?

p3p5y
26-06-2009, 10:44 PM
My engine light was on too the other day so i reset my ECU like Nepolian said but it came back after a while. I found that it was the O2 sensor. I replaced that havnt had a prob since.

Thanks for the help guys. I'll check out the O2 sensor tomorrow for any loose connections and if all is okay, I'll clear the ECU via the battery. Hopefully the engine light doesn't come on again.

Thanks all.

Jibz
28-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Hey guys. Was out for a drive with some friends on a unlit stretch of road and kind of noticed two things about the (supposedly) OEM HIDs.

1) They don't shine very far, and the width of the road (and height) that they cover is severely limiting, i.e. They light up directly in front of me but if I look out the drivers side window, theres nothing, close to complete darkness. This is on full beam which I might add, doesn't do a whole lot beyond the low beams. It's particularly an issue if I'm going down hill to a dip and the road continues uphill after that; I just cant see anything on the uphill section.

2) The other issue is the actual brightness of the bulbs. It feels as though I had to almost squint to see even the areas that the lights did reach.

Ok so clearly I need to get them adjusted, which I will do, but my issue is that I believe even after adjustment, the light will be spread out even more and thus, even more dim.

I dont know much about HID's except that the higher colour temps reduce brightness, I should be running a 5000k bulb since once warmed up the light is white without any colour casts.

So is it possible to get higher output bulbs? Is that what H1, H4 mean? Should I look at getting the facelift projectors for my car? Has anyone compared their pre-FL HIDs with a FL HID's?

As a side note, my friends M3's Xenons were significantly brighter, covered a much wider stretch of road and when he put his full beams on, everything lights up. (Secondary halogen bulbs for full beam).

sai_ANN
28-06-2009, 04:55 PM
^ can't say much about the non-FL reflectors...but the projectors combined with the HIDs on the FL are really good...especially for long distance on a highway...

question is - why are you looking out the driver's window when you should be looking ahead while you're driving :confused: i'm yet to see a headlight that is able to bend light around :p

Philip Lee
28-06-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm on the same boat as Sai ann. My hid on my FL is very good.

blk_shadow
28-06-2009, 06:14 PM
;2330869question is - why are you looking out the driver's window when you should be looking ahead while you're driving :confused: i'm yet to see a headlight that is able to bend light around :p

hahaha...maybe he meant that the beam isn't spread wide enough till you can see it on the front side as well.

NightRyder
28-06-2009, 08:58 PM
question is, is your HID's really OEM? Is your headlight housing smoked or chrome?

My lights are fine and bright, high beam is very good, so just want to double check the basics first. :)

Hey guys. Was out for a drive with some friends on a unlit stretch of road and kind of noticed two things about the (supposedly) OEM HIDs.

1) They don't shine very far, and the width of the road (and height) that they cover is severely limiting, i.e. They light up directly in front of me but if I look out the drivers side window, theres nothing, close to complete darkness. This is on full beam which I might add, doesn't do a whole lot beyond the low beams. It's particularly an issue if I'm going down hill to a dip and the road continues uphill after that; I just cant see anything on the uphill section.

2) The other issue is the actual brightness of the bulbs. It feels as though I had to almost squint to see even the areas that the lights did reach.

Ok so clearly I need to get them adjusted, which I will do, but my issue is that I believe even after adjustment, the light will be spread out even more and thus, even more dim.

I dont know much about HID's except that the higher colour temps reduce brightness, I should be running a 5000k bulb since once warmed up the light is white without any colour casts.

So is it possible to get higher output bulbs? Is that what H1, H4 mean? Should I look at getting the facelift projectors for my car? Has anyone compared their pre-FL HIDs with a FL HID's?

As a side note, my friends M3's Xenons were significantly brighter, covered a much wider stretch of road and when he put his full beams on, everything lights up. (Secondary halogen bulbs for full beam).

Jibz
28-06-2009, 09:16 PM
What I meant was when I'm cornering on a right hander, everything behind the A-Pillar, ie out of my drivers side window, is in near darkness.

Jibz
28-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Stock headlight housing no smoking out or anything. Just the regular mirrored inside.

Attached photo of my headlight below. Stock, yes? I bought the car from a dealer, I'm the first owner in Australia. They did the compliance and reinstalled the HID's.

Jibz
28-06-2009, 09:28 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2432/3668044836_4410d073b1_o.jpg

Perry
28-06-2009, 09:39 PM
they look like the non smoke ones.

Nepolian
28-06-2009, 09:45 PM
they look like the non smoke ones.

Hmmm...............they look like non smoked, non factory hid, probably non hid :(

Irrespective, even reflectors should project decent light!

sai_ANN
28-06-2009, 10:16 PM
hahaha...maybe he meant that the beam isn't spread wide enough till you can see it on the front side as well.

What I meant was when I'm cornering on a right hander, everything behind the A-Pillar, ie out of my drivers side window, is in near darkness.

LOL...i got that...was just joking around...hence the :p

tell that to my ED when i got it...i could barely see 10m infront of me with the regular bulbs and reflectors...thank god for eBay HIDs...LOL

Jibz
28-06-2009, 10:29 PM
Hmmm...............they look like non smoked, non factory hid, probably non hid :(

non factory HID?

From my knowledge the C-Package included the HID's and since this is the standard prefacelift headlight, this is what the HID's were put into before the facelift headlights came about.

Can someone show me what the smoked headlights look like? Or are they simply the facelift projector housings. Also, is there a difference between the Type-R headlights and the normal facelift Civic headlights?

NightRyder
28-06-2009, 10:42 PM
dude,
1. your headlights do not appear to be the factory type r smoked HID headlights.

2. Nevertheless, the HID's installed after compliance may be cheap ones or may just require a small adjustment.

3. Your car could not have been the first one in Oz, as I'm sure others here would agree.

4. C-Package, yes does come standard with HID's but what we're saying is that even though it is the prefacelift (PFL) headlights, they should be smoked as standard on all Type-R's.
The PFL Type-R headlights I believe are the same as the normal EU Civic headlights, only difference is the standard EU Civic's are chrome and Type-R's are smoked. Just google it. :)

non factory HID?

From my knowledge the C-Package included the HID's and since this is the standard prefacelift headlight, this is what the HID's were put into before the facelift headlights came about.

Can someone show me what the smoked headlights look like? Or are they simply the facelift projector housings. Also, is there a difference between the Type-R headlights and the normal facelift Civic headlights?

Jibz
28-06-2009, 11:37 PM
dude,
1. your headlights do not appear to be the factory type r smoked HID headlights.

2. Nevertheless, the HID's installed after compliance may be cheap ones or may just require a small adjustment.

3. Your car could not have been the first one in Oz, as I'm sure others here would agree.

4. C-Package, yes does come standard with HID's but what we're saying is that even though it is the prefacelift (PFL) headlights, they should be smoked as standard on all Type-R's.
The PFL Type-R headlights I believe are the same as the normal EU Civic headlights, only difference is the standard EU Civic's are chrome and Type-R's are smoked. Just google it. :)

Ok, in response to your post, I was not aware that the CTR's had smoked headlights as standard. Looking at EP3's on carsales, its very subtle and in photos taken of my car since the HID's were "reinstalled", my headlights look pretty much the same as the photos of cars there, could it be just a matter of lighting conditions?

As for your second point about cheap HIDs, yes this thought occurred to me too, and I hope they aren't but hopefully I'll be able to compare side by side with another EP3 owner in future.

3rd point, I meant I'm the first owner in Australia of THIS car but not the first to own an EP3 here of course.

And if these ARE nonstandard then, damn. That would be annoying, though I suppose I could look at ordering the Type R projectors.

The following picture was taken last night. The picture several posts up above, was taken at the dealer before any retrofitting had been done. I feel a little sick thinking about all the expenses building up after having had this car for not too long, but I guess this is all part of the ownership experience..
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3609/3667481481_6e2086ff44_o.jpg

NightRyder
29-06-2009, 07:03 PM
Ok, in response to your post, I was not aware that the CTR's had smoked headlights as standard. Looking at EP3's on carsales, its very subtle and in photos taken of my car since the HID's were "reinstalled", my headlights look pretty much the same as the photos of cars there, could it be just a matter of lighting conditions?

Indeed, it is hard to see from a photo, best to be inspected in person. :)

As for your second point about cheap HIDs, yes this thought occurred to me too, and I hope they aren't but hopefully I'll be able to compare side by side with another EP3 owner in future.

Good idea, just compare to another EP3 and see. You could even check with a Facelift (FL) model for the smoked headlights.

3rd point, I meant I'm the first owner in Australia of THIS car but not the first to own an EP3 here of course.

Figured it was what you meant. But all good. :)

And if these ARE nonstandard then, damn. That would be annoying, though I suppose I could look at ordering the Type R projectors.

Up to you mate, I was tempted to do the same but hard to find.

The following picture was taken last night. The picture several posts up above, was taken at the dealer before any retrofitting had been done. I feel a little sick thinking about all the expenses building up after having had this car for not too long, but I guess this is all part of the ownership experience..
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3609/3667481481_6e2086ff44_o.jpg

That is why we all share our stories/issues/questions and clarifications here. Welcome to the club mate. :D

p3p5y
30-06-2009, 06:52 AM
Thanks for the help guys. I'll check out the O2 sensor tomorrow for any loose connections and if all is okay, I'll clear the ECU via the battery. Hopefully the engine light doesn't come on again.

Thanks all.

Just an update for you all, I used this method here (http://www.k-series.com/tech_document.php?id=37) to short some PINs of the OBD2 port to get the lights to blink on the ECL. The lights blinked '41' meaning the error message given was DTC P0134: A/F (Sensor 1) No Activity Detected.

Anyone know where's the cheapest place to obtain a primary O2 sensor for the EP3? Is it the same part as the AUDM DC5R?

I hear Honda sells it for $500 genuine and that's nuts.

Cheers.

Nepolian
30-06-2009, 08:16 AM
There was a few people selling them in the 4sale posts not so long ago. Have a look :)

p3p5y
30-06-2009, 08:27 AM
There was a few people selling them in the 4sale posts not so long ago. Have a look :)

Cool bananas. Sent some PM's just then. Thanks Neo :)

EP3EVA
30-06-2009, 10:30 AM
when under hard braking do the ABS system make your car shake in your EP3's?

Philip Lee
30-06-2009, 10:52 AM

nop. there will be some noise but there shouldn't be any shaking.

sharking is more likely due to pad/disc.

sai_ANN
30-06-2009, 11:01 AM

not for me...i just feel the tapping under the foot and that's about it...like philip said it's probably because of your discs / pads

icecrm
30-06-2009, 03:53 PM
yeah

with my old my car, i damaged the disc and suffered from shuddering when braking

replaced the discs and it was fine, still a bit of shuddering but that was due to crappy buckled rims

EP3EVA
30-06-2009, 05:55 PM
not for me...i just feel the tapping under the foot and that's about it...like philip said it's probably because of your discs / pads

yeh i feel tapping aswell on the pedel,...

yeh im talking about full on, must stop style or else will crash....

100km to 0

denrie
30-06-2009, 10:35 PM
I have the same thing aswell. Most likely pads/disc.

Nepolian
30-06-2009, 11:15 PM
Hi guys, I am in the process in organising a deal for discs and pads as soon as next week! Keep your eyes peeled :)

EP3EVA
30-06-2009, 11:24 PM
Hi guys, I am in the process in organising a deal for discs and pads as soon as next week! Keep your eyes peeled :)

Yes, been waiting for this to happen soon:thumbsup:

Your the man Nepo.

Philip Lee
01-07-2009, 09:29 AM
i need my tax refund like now :) haha

Mugen_B16B
01-07-2009, 06:45 PM
hey guys wanna no if dc5 or s2k steering racks will fit ep3?

Nepolian
01-07-2009, 08:10 PM

NO! pretty sure the EP3 is electronic. Will need to fit up the hydraulics if using the DC5! No point really!?

blk_shadow
01-07-2009, 08:14 PM

whats wrong with ur steering rack?

denrie
02-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Does anyone have a stock EP3 exhaust? axleback?

EP3EVA
02-07-2009, 10:56 PM
i got catback lying around..........

icecrm
02-07-2009, 11:51 PM
i have a stock one

denrie
03-07-2009, 10:16 AM
Thanks guys! Pm'd!

jt2k
04-07-2009, 12:11 AM
Does the DC5 fire extinguisher mount fit onto EP3?

Nepolian
04-07-2009, 08:11 AM
Does the DC5 fire extinguisher mount fit onto EP3?

? What ?

blk_shadow
04-07-2009, 07:30 PM
who here did I meet on princess Hwy before? LOL

oh, and does anyone know whether DC5 Mugen footrest will fit to our EP3?

Philip Lee
04-07-2009, 07:54 PM
oh, and does anyone know whether DC5 Mugen footrest will fit to our EP3?

they will fit.

SuperSteve
04-07-2009, 07:55 PM
they will fit.

awesome !

denrie
04-07-2009, 10:03 PM
I never knew our EP3's had launch control! lol until chubby steve showed me today at the meet :)

p3p5y
04-07-2009, 10:22 PM
I never knew our EP3's had launch control! lol until chubby steve showed me today at the meet :)

Care to elaborate? :)

denrie
04-07-2009, 10:32 PM
When stationary, floor it on neutral or first gear with clutch in. Launch control at 5500rpm. :)

Jibz
05-07-2009, 12:30 AM
who here did I meet on princess Hwy before? LOL

That would be me! I had dropped my gf off minutes before and was heading home before she called to tell me her wallet was in the car, so I backtracked and dropped it off, and turned onto Princes Hwy for the second time in 15 minutes.

Those projectors looked a hell of a lot brighter than my headlights :P. I couldn't tell if my headlights were on but there was a flood of light in front of your car!

Do you live nearby? I'm in Caulfield. We should go wash our cars once the weather clears up, I have some badges waiting to go on the car and would like to find someone elses so I can line them up properly :P

Mugen_B16B
05-07-2009, 06:36 AM
When stationary, floor it on neutral or first gear with clutch in. Launch control at 5500rpm. :)
i must try this today lol

denrie
05-07-2009, 01:47 PM
ahahaha not much people knows about the Launch Control. Thats why I was wandering why my mates one had Launch Control and it was the stock ECU. Guess i never tried it. LOL

EP3EVA
05-07-2009, 02:30 PM
ahahaha not much people knows about the Launch Control. Thats why I was wandering why my mates one had Launch Control and it was the stock ECU. Guess i never tried it. LOL

noob Q's, how can you tell it has Launch Control or not?

what's floor it on neutral to do it Launch Control??

i mean how do you prove it has Launch Control? maybe your friend is a good a Launcher?

denrie
05-07-2009, 03:05 PM
noob Q's, how can you tell it has Launch Control or not?

what's floor it on neutral to do it Launch Control??

i mean how do you prove it has Launch Control? maybe your friend is a good a Launcher?

When you floor it, it doesn't go above 5500rpm when stationary. Type in launch control on youtube and it will give you a clue of what it is. My mate didn't launch it, he just showed me it so I tried it in his car.

Philip Lee
05-07-2009, 04:14 PM
i wouldn't call that launch control. it's more a rev limiter. our car is rev limited at 5500rpm when the car is stationary.

EP3EVA
05-07-2009, 07:26 PM
here a link about EP3's Launch Control:

http://www.type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=60388

KaZe86
05-07-2009, 07:39 PM
lols... its not a launch control as everyone is saying well most of yous just a safety feature...

pretty sure dc5rs have this aswell

EP3EVA
05-07-2009, 08:04 PM
sorry a noob Q's, do having rev limiter at under 6k is a launch control thing??

blk_shadow
05-07-2009, 08:32 PM
they will fit.

Thx bro:thumbsup: I'm gonna get one now...hehehehee..

That would be me! I had dropped my gf off minutes before and was heading home before she called to tell me her wallet was in the car, so I backtracked and dropped it off, and turned onto Princes Hwy for the second time in 15 minutes.

Those projectors looked a hell of a lot brighter than my headlights :P. I couldn't tell if my headlights were on but there was a flood of light in front of your car!

Do you live nearby? I'm in Caulfield. We should go wash our cars once the weather clears up, I have some badges waiting to go on the car and would like to find someone elses so I can line them up properly :P

ahhh..so it's u LOL. I see, u turned into Monash Caulfield. u live close to Monash?

really? I don't know if its that bright hahahaha....its sufficient light from inside the car. what happen to the badges, tho?

I live up in Hawthorn, just got back from my mate's shop yesterday :D
yeah, I usually wash in the city up in spencer st. I'll let u know :D

mizone
05-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Hey guys,

looking to pick one of these up soon, excited.

i have very little knowledge of hondas and vtecs, and cant find a friend that does either, would you recommend a stateroads inspection, honda dealership inspection or something else?

Thanks.

Rai-C
05-07-2009, 10:35 PM
i'm also in the market for an CW EP3R in sydney!
done heaps of research too haha i really really want it!

EP3EVA
05-07-2009, 10:44 PM

if you guys are in Sydney,.... should take Nepolian for inspection he know shit load about EP3's:cool:

just shout him out after!!!

denrie
05-07-2009, 11:05 PM
if you guys are in Sydney,.... should take Nepolian for inspection he know shit load about EP3's:cool:

just shout him out after!!!

Agree'd ^^ I always turn to him when i need to know anything. Great help!

Jibz
05-07-2009, 11:19 PM
ahhh..so it's u LOL. I see, u turned into Monash Caulfield. u live close to Monash?

really? I don't know if its that bright hahahaha....its sufficient light from inside the car. what happen to the badges, tho?

I live up in Hawthorn, just got back from my mate's shop yesterday :D
yeah, I usually wash in the city up in spencer st. I'll let u know :D

Hahah yep, I live 5 minutes away from Monash and study there too :).

We will have to compare headlights sometime! If they really are as bright as they looked, I'll definitely look at getting a set.

Badges were removed by the previous owner in Japan unfortunately. It's cost me 250ish to get a full set of new ones, not including the red Honda badges. I'll be putting them on after a car wash. Maybe tonight. The front Type R badge won't be able to be put on yet because I dont have the push nuts to secure it from behind. Hopefully will be able to get them from Honda here. (Or some hardware store).

SuperSteve
05-07-2009, 11:40 PM
I got my ep3 inspected by state roads. They were very good. They picked up a few things which my importer fixed up for me :)

OR

You can ask Nepolian nicely to inspect a ep3 for you and shout him a romantic dinner afterwards he would love that :D:D

Rai-C
06-07-2009, 02:17 AM
hahaha im down to take anybody out for a romantic dinner if they could find me a clean immac EP3 for real cheap haha, find me a facelifted one and ill pick you up at 8 ;) hahaha

bradb16a
06-07-2009, 01:16 PM

Buy my one it's costing me $700 a month to sit in the shed .. it has all the bits you want or need... anyone on the forum i will give $500 CASH that find a buy for my car....

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=6993697&__Qpb=true&Cr=9&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Price_Decim al%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cpCar_Model_S tring%7c0&__N=1216%201282%204294965322%204294965250%20429492 1591%20898&silo=1011&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=15&__sid=120565562F84

sai_ANN
06-07-2009, 01:18 PM
^ he did say CW and the other guy said FL...so you're kinda out of luck there

Mugen_B16B
06-07-2009, 01:19 PM
Buy my one it's costing me $700 a month to sit in the shed .. it has all the bits you want or need... anyone on the forum i will give $500 CASH that find a buy for my car....

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=6993697&__Qpb=true&Cr=9&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Price_Decim al%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cpCar_Model_S tring%7c0&__N=1216%201282%204294965322%204294965250%20429492 1591%20898&silo=1011&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=15&__sid=120565562F84
brad id love to swap for urz, just need a buyer for my CW ep3 ;)

Perry
06-07-2009, 01:24 PM
yeh good luck finding a cheap FL EP3's at the moment anyone here owns a FL and was in the ct on Sat night?

sai_ANN
06-07-2009, 03:10 PM
http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!dealer_content.dealer_vehicle?vehicle_id=7287908&current_rec=8&total_rec=10&sort_type=1&dealer_id=12373

IMG's selling a 2002 CW EP3 for $25,900 - almost seems as if prices haven't moved at all in the past 1 1/2 years....honestly i haven't seen any FL EP3s getting sold since the great GFC...so i wouldn't get my hopes up at finding a 'cheap' one...

Philip Lee
06-07-2009, 03:17 PM
honestly i haven't seen any FL EP3s getting sold since the great GFC...so i wouldn't get my hopes up at finding a 'cheap' one...

David @ AAI sold his earlier this year and it was sold real quick at a good price (for the seller LOL) so good luck to anyone who wanna find a FL cheap.

MzS200
06-07-2009, 03:24 PM
Whats faster an EP3 or an S2000?

rpm boy
06-07-2009, 03:48 PM
EP3 is faster..... Real life testing on elizabeth drive :p although its up to driver ability. on paper the s2k is faster

on another note, does anyone have a front right EP3 shock i can buy of them? mine has a bit of play in it. PM me if you do need it asap

Mugen_B16B
06-07-2009, 03:49 PM
EP3 is faster..... Real life testing on elizabeth drive :p although its up to driver ability. on paper the s2k is faster

on another note, does anyone have a front right EP3 shock i can buy of them? mine has a bit of play in it. PM me if you do need it asap
had a go with one yesterday but he denied that the ep3 was quicker lol

MzS200
06-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Ohk,

thankyou Boys!

rpm boy
06-07-2009, 03:57 PM
this one sounded worked and i was on his ass and getting closer. the EP shifts faster which i think helps alot

MzS200
06-07-2009, 04:00 PM
this one sounded worked and i was on his ass and getting closer. the EP shifts faster which i think helps alot

ive only just started learning about v-tech engagement point & stuff thats why i was wondering, becuase someone told me that i apparently drive the fastest honda under the N series or something like that so i was just wondering

blk_shadow
06-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Hahah yep, I live 5 minutes away from Monash and study there too :).

We will have to compare headlights sometime! If they really are as bright as they looked, I'll definitely look at getting a set.

Badges were removed by the previous owner in Japan unfortunately. It's cost me 250ish to get a full set of new ones, not including the red Honda badges. I'll be putting them on after a car wash. Maybe tonight. The front Type R badge won't be able to be put on yet because I dont have the push nuts to secure it from behind. Hopefully will be able to get them from Honda here. (Or some hardware store).

ah, i see...

shame about them being removed. but if u need anything bro, give me a yell, I work at Honda :D

can look after u on prices and stuff :thumbsup:

blk_shadow
06-07-2009, 07:11 PM
ive only just started learning about v-tech engagement point & stuff thats why i was wondering, becuase someone told me that i apparently drive the fastest honda under the N series or something like that so i was just wondering

S2000 and EP3 are both designed for different purposes. even tho they both were born for track use, S2k is also more of an high class/elite roadster. so tuning and engine will be different.

Whereas Type R was born for track use, thats where the red 'H' comes into play :D

oh, BTW its spelled as VTEC, not V-tech (just for an input):thumbsup:

mizone
06-07-2009, 11:28 PM
I got my ep3 inspected by state roads. They were very good. They picked up a few things which my importer fixed up for me :)

OR

You can ask Nepolian nicely to inspect a ep3 for you and shout him a romantic dinner afterwards he would love that :D:D

Thanks I think I'll stick with stateroads, for us to have a romantic dinner I will have to fly him interstate :p

Anyone have any idea how much these cars are ACTUALLY selling for, advertised prices are all over the place...

Rai-C
06-07-2009, 11:30 PM
^ i must add though, MzS200 the s2k might not be the FASTEST thing on the road (although they do pack a punch) its got the highest power output per litre of a production engine in a car <$100,000, so maybe thats what your friends mean?

but as we all know from experience, power doesn't necessarily = speed, especially on the roads.

MzS200
06-07-2009, 11:40 PM
^ i must add though, MzS200 the s2k might not be the FASTEST thing on the road (although they do pack a punch) its got the highest power output per litre of a production engine in a car <$100,000, so maybe thats what your friends mean?

but as we all know from experience, power doesn't necessarily = speed, especially on the roads.

Thankyou for the input guys, basically all i want to know is if im at a set of traffic lights and one of these EP3 civics pulls up next to me am i going to win if we start "Jumping on it" as a few people i know like to say?

Jibz
07-07-2009, 03:37 AM
ah, i see...

shame about them being removed. but if u need anything bro, give me a yell, I work at Honda :D

can look after u on prices and stuff :thumbsup:

Haha nice!

I applied the badges after a car wash last night but I can't put the front Type R badge on because I need the push-nuts that hold it in place from behind the grill. I'm going to look at a hardware store later on and see if I can find some that will fit, but do you know if you guys have them there at Honda? (I know it's a bit of a longshot to know this off the top of your head!)

Thanks.

-J

rpm boy
07-07-2009, 10:47 AM
Thankyou for the input guys, basically all i want to know is if im at a set of traffic lights and one of these EP3 civics pulls up next to me am i going to win if we start "Jumping on it" as a few people i know like to say?

Really depends on the driver, if its 2 good drivers the s2000 will take off better as its a rear wheel drive and traction for a better take off will be better, but saying that the ep3 takes off very well if you know how to do it and the short gear ratios help it get to where you want to be very fast. if your worried just dont dump the clutch on take off "ride" it abit so it dosnt bog down and you shouldnt have any troubles... and never fill your tank more than half, and leave the rear tyre pressures 5lb lower than the front in the wet :)

icecrm
07-07-2009, 12:59 PM
is installation of a aftermarket rear tiebar straight forward?

thinking of getting Beaks one from JDM yard.

Is there any noticable gain or benefit from this?

rpm boy
07-07-2009, 01:02 PM
theory is the stiffer it is the more responsive the car is, should make a bit of improvement but depends on what other mods as well (lower springs/coilovers) more of show thing IMO

Nepolian
07-07-2009, 01:41 PM
is installation of a aftermarket rear tiebar straight forward?

thinking of getting Beaks one from JDM yard.

Is there any noticable gain or benefit from this?

I've got one! Makes absolutely no difference imo! But it loks good and fills a little space under the car.......expensive one at that!

SuperSteve
07-07-2009, 03:24 PM
i have one aswell. I didnt notice anything but i have to say it looks shiny when looking at my car from behind :o:o

Nepolian
07-07-2009, 03:59 PM
i have one aswell. I didnt notice anything but i have to say it looks shiny when looking at my car from behind :o:o

LOL! Thats it does aye!

I was thinking next saturday night for the dinner meet, wot cha reckon guys?

Lookin at either 1) Charcoal mine @ Nth Parra or 2) Ken's @ Carlingford. I'll need firm numbers so I can make a booking say...couple of days before hand.

I get details and the thread going in the next day or two!

My tummy is grumbling as I'm typeing this!

ps....Yes Steve, I'll make sure its all you can eat (homer style).

SuperSteve
07-07-2009, 04:23 PM
lol! Thats it does aye!

I was thinking next saturday night for the dinner meet, wot cha reckon guys?

Lookin at either 1) charcoal mine @ nth parra or 2) ken's @ carlingford. I'll need firm numbers so i can make a booking say...couple of days before hand.

I get details and the thread going in the next day or two!

My tummy is grumbling as i'm typeing this!

Ps....yes steve, i'll make sure its all you can eat (homer style).

awesome lets send the place broke ! !

rpm boy
07-07-2009, 04:25 PM
was driving through canley vale yesterday and 4 Ep3's crossed each other at the same time....was there a meet?

jt2k
07-07-2009, 06:39 PM
i just picked up my EP3 today..
and got it insured... Just Cars insurance quoted me $1500 (this is the cheapest they would go down but with higher excess), with $3500 excess (full comp).... I'm 19, and my original plan for insuring under my dads name, but just cars doesnt not cover anyone younger then the person who has insured the vehicle.

Does this sound right?? Can i get cheaper from any other companies?? What are you guys paying??

EP3EVA
07-07-2009, 06:46 PM
at 19 driving a EP3 r well done,...it sound rite. im 24 pay $1,100

Mugen_B16B
07-07-2009, 07:23 PM
im 23 paying 900??? just cars aswell:S how come urs is more?

EP3EVA
07-07-2009, 07:27 PM
im 23 paying 900??? just cars aswell:S how come urs is more?

damn thats reaL good,....im 25 now,..yeah should shop around more next time.

EP3EVA
07-07-2009, 07:31 PM
One Q's , is K-pro worth every penny?? with CAI and 70mm catback only??

now our dollar is a bit stronger, what they going for now??

Nepolian
07-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Premiums are not only based on age but also on where you live......so I'd say Brissy and Melb or anywhere else for that matter will change based on that. Obviously there will also be other considerations, such as amount driven, age of drivers, security etc........

jt2k
07-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Does anyone know the price of a genuine TYPER badge for the rear???

P.s i love my new car :D

Rai-C
07-07-2009, 10:45 PM
was driving through canley vale yesterday and 4 Ep3's crossed each other at the same time....was there a meet?

yeah i was driving through cabra i saw like 3 haha 2 x CW and one black haha

BIGGEST TEASE when you don't have one yet :(

denrie
08-07-2009, 12:18 AM
I just turned 19 aswell. It's only under my parent's name my name isn't under theres. There paying about $1,100 aswell.

Jibz
08-07-2009, 01:19 AM
Does anyone know the price of a genuine TYPER badge for the rear???

P.s i love my new car :D

I just ordered received and put mine on. That badge will cost you about $30 Aus.

Go here (http://supergt.com.hk) and order it from there. I had to reorder a full set of badges from them, and they charged me $40 for shipping it all. Was really padded up in a project mu brake disc box for me, your package would be smaller (It's from Hong Kong).