PDA

View Full Version : EP3 Type R

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Philip Lee
10-11-2008, 10:33 AM
Who's your insurer?

Shannons.

Malenic1981
10-11-2008, 11:26 AM
1.Icecrm(jimmy) CW
2.bradb16a (Brad) Black Mugen
3.SuperSteve (Steve) CW
4.Malenic1981 (LJ) CW (WA)

Philip Lee
10-11-2008, 12:56 PM
1.Icecrm(jimmy) CW
3.SuperSteve (Steve) CW
5.Philip Lee CW FL (Bne)

sai_ANN
10-11-2008, 02:44 PM
1.Icecrm(jimmy) CW
3.SuperSteve (Steve) CW
5.Philip Lee CW FL (Bne)
6.sai_ANN CW FL (Syd)

stoj19
10-11-2008, 02:49 PM
maitland / lorn

ahk nice

bradb16a
10-11-2008, 04:25 PM
wait until i have the toda vtec killer cams in and 52mm twm under the hood

stoj19
10-11-2008, 05:29 PM
wait until i have the toda vtec killer cams in and 52mm twm under the hood

wait till I have my EP3! lol :p

NightRyder
10-11-2008, 07:55 PM
hey all, who's up for fishing around the xmas break? :D

Also, excuse the noobie question but would rims with offset of 60 fit? :)

BongStyle
10-11-2008, 08:59 PM
1.Icecrm(jimmy) CW
3.SuperSteve (Steve) CW
5.Philip Lee CW FL (Bne)
6.sai_ANN CW FL (Syd)
7.Bongstyle Milano Red (ACT)

SuperSteve
10-11-2008, 09:06 PM
hey bong did u end up getting the full toda setup ??

Seren1ty
10-11-2008, 10:05 PM
1.Icecrm(jimmy) CW
3.SuperSteve (Steve) CW
5.Philip Lee CW FL (Bne)
6.sai_ANN CW FL (Syd)
8.Seren1ty CW FL (Syd)

icecrm
11-11-2008, 07:57 AM
1.Icecrm(jimmy) CW (SYD)
3.SuperSteve (Steve) CW
5.Philip Lee CW FL (Bne)
6.sai_ANN CW FL (Syd)
8.Seren1ty CW FL (Syd)

denrie
11-11-2008, 10:57 AM
1. Icecrm(jimmy) CW (SYD)
2. bradb16a (Brad) Black Mugen
3. SuperSteve (Steve) CW
4. Malenic1981 (LJ) CW (WA)
5. Philip Lee CW FL (Bne)
6. sai_ANN CW FL (Syd)
7. Bongstyle Milano Red (ACT)
8. Seren1ty CW FL (Syd)
9. Denrie CW (Syd)

Seren1ty
11-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Hey fellow EP3 owners, when your sitting at the lights (eg, so when car idling normally) what rpm is your tacho sitting on? Mine sits at 900rpm, it seems a bit low and very easy to stall so just thought I'd check to see what every one elses sits at?

bradb16a
11-11-2008, 12:41 PM
that's what my EP3 idles on with a stock ecu

Philip Lee
11-11-2008, 02:15 PM
900rpm is about right.

the stock firewheel is a light weight item so it can be easy to stall. u'll need to give it a little rev.

Seren1ty
11-11-2008, 02:33 PM
ahh thats ok then, just wanted to check :) a few more rpm on launch it is then ;) thnx

Malenic1981
11-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Took my car for a drive on weekend, it's still stock standard and I was impressed by performance, I think it's faster then my S2K and modded DC2R use to be, I'm loving it. Had a bit of play with my mates modded STI, he is faster but he recons he had to push it hard to keep up with me trough few corners and roundabouts, also took my mate for a ride (he is EVO man) he recons it's bloody fast for 2.0l NA, after I do few mods I think it's gonna be a weapon and should suprise few turbo cars on drags and track hehe

SuperSteve
11-11-2008, 06:56 PM
car is good but only 1 thing i find annoying and that is when im driving it feels that the steering wheel is 2 far away. And i cant move seat forward due to leg room :( other then that the car is awesome :D

sai_ANN
11-11-2008, 07:07 PM
^ ever think of straightening up the chair? :p

NightRyder
11-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Guys, can anyone answer my Q's?... :)

...Excuse the noobie question but would rims with offset of 60 fit? :)

Malenic1981
11-11-2008, 07:18 PM
try adjusting your seat, mine is fine, maybe you got long legs hehe

micka
11-11-2008, 07:25 PM
does anyone's ep3 have a key hole to unlock their door with a key, or do they have to unlock with remote (be it oem remote or aftermarket alarm/immobiliser)?

SuperSteve
11-11-2008, 07:29 PM
does anyone's ep3 have a key hole to unlock their door with a key, or do they have to unlock with remote (be it oem remote or aftermarket alarm/immobiliser)?

yeap on both doors and hatch

egads
11-11-2008, 08:51 PM
car is good but only 1 thing i find annoying and that is when im driving it feels that the steering wheel is 2 far away. And i cant move seat forward due to leg room :( other then that the car is awesome :D

i feel the same. also lately been adjusting like crazy just to find a nice position, maybe i just need a full bucket lol

SuperSteve
11-11-2008, 09:28 PM
haha its crap that u cant find the perfect position aye. I can move my seat forward abit but i loose a lil bit of leg room plus if anyone saw me from the outside my chair would b sitting halfway along the window so that would look really unco. I saw a ep3 with aftermarket adjustable steering wheel so u can pull it towards u and u can unclip the steering wheel to get in and out of the car. I wouldnt mind that but would b expensive i would imagine. Dang :( why do aftermarket parts have to b sooooooo expensive >_<

Philip Lee
11-11-2008, 11:29 PM
the original driving position was too high for me so i got a Vision lowering rail which helps a bit and my current is close to perfect.

the rail tilts the seat a bit so my legs are less straight which means i can move forward a bit and hence the steering wheel isn't too far away

Philip Lee
11-11-2008, 11:31 PM

have key hole on mine, on both doors + hatch.

kriZy
12-11-2008, 09:42 AM
GUESS WHAT GUYS!

i've booked on SAT to put a deposit to get my EP3!
im going for a Black 04 - FL.

Any tips or anything i should be aware of when i go there guys?
im not going with IMG im going with TopMotorImports.com

Philip Lee
12-11-2008, 09:50 AM
yay kriZy.

regarding your question, have you seen/td the car yet?

EP3 is similar to any used car so the usual checks apply. if it's a c package, make sure the car comes with OEM HID as many compliance shops took them off for compliance but don't supply the parts afterwards. to tell whether it's a c package, check if the side mirrors have electric folding and also if it has external temp display within the range/odo screen of the dash. just press the botton and scroll through the menu.

other than that, maybe u should check to make sure it has the FL features like projectors, diff front spoiler and diff colour recaros. being a FL, the JDM vin starts with EP313xxxxx.

kriZy
12-11-2008, 10:02 AM
Hey Phillip,

what do you mean td the car?

um not yet. what's happening is im going to put a deposit and then their going to find a car for me, show me the pics and i get to choose. If i dont like it they'll keep looking until im happy. Estimated time to get to me after i've chosen is 6-8weeks yo!
comes with 6 months rego. after that i gotta find insurance. Just car maybe.

i'm hoping to get a c-package, i asked the guy on the phone and he didnt know much about ep3's :O. I guess i'll go in to meet him and tell them specifically what C-Package is.

Basically C-Package is:
Auto air conditioner
Power window
Powered door lock
Keyless entry system with welcome lamp
Discharge headlights - Don't know what that is
Privacy glass
Colored fold-in electric door mirrors

taken from: http://www.civictyper.org/ep3civic.html
But this is UK model im assuming.

btw, thanks for the heads up with the HIDs.

Philip Lee
12-11-2008, 10:22 AM
td = test drive. i thought u're buying a car that's already here.

u'll find the majority of the cars are c package. and since u're importing, make damn sure that the importer knows you want to keep the HID. if they have to remove it for compliance, make sure they give you the parts back or don't take the car.

if u can DIY a bit, refitting OEM HID isn't too hard. u'll need to take off the bumper and headlights and solder a few wires.

btw discharge headlights = hid; all EP3 has power windows and i dun have a clue what welcome lamp is.

kriZy
12-11-2008, 10:30 AM
oh ok.
Yeah i hope i really get HID standards.
Auto air conditioner, doesnt' standar ep3s have this?
or is this an extra switch you can leave on auto (which doesnt make a big difference lol) instead of low-high

I'll update you guys after Saturday.
Thanks Phillip :)

Seren1ty
12-11-2008, 10:32 AM
i asked the guy on the phone and he didnt know much about ep3's :O

is this is your first jap import? remind me why you are going through these guys as apposed to IMG or someone who knows what to actually look for in an ep3 before they even bring the car over? pics wont tell u much when its still in jap land.

kriZy
12-11-2008, 10:36 AM
is this is your first jap import? remind me why you are going through these guys as apposed to IMG or someone who knows what to actually look for in an ep3 before they even bring the car over? pics wont tell u much when its still in jap land.

yes it is.
reason why im going with these guys is:
1. Cheaper
2. Friend of a friend and he has imported them an R33 and Evo7 and they are in top condition.

But i am abit scared that they dont know too much about EP3s cause i dont think they import much of them. IMG sound very professional whereas these guys dont to me.. but i still trust them.

I'll make the final decision when i sit down and talk to them face to face until im happy and bring the information that phillip has passed on.

Seren1ty
12-11-2008, 10:47 AM
I'll make the final decision when i sit down and talk to them face to face until im happy...

ok well make sure that if you not happy you can take back ur deposit and walk away even when it arrives over here, otherwise who knows what trouble you just bought.

get an independent inspection done when it arrives (eg. State Roads were good for a few ppl on here - including me).

also ask them if they are prepared to fix any problems that the independent inspection turns up without it costing you anything more.

hope ur not stretching ur budget too far :p good luck!

kriZy
12-11-2008, 10:53 AM
cool.
yeah stateroads was good for me when i first purchased my N14 SSS :)

thanks for the ideas.. i never thought of that. will put them to good use.

micka
12-11-2008, 11:31 AM
ok well make sure that if you not happy you can take back ur deposit and walk away even when it arrives over here, otherwise who knows what trouble you just bought.

Therein lies the problem with trying to save a bit of cash. It's cheaper to go through a broker and have them do the legwork with your cash than it is to purchase the car through a registered motor trader who sell import cars for a good reason, whether or not this is the case with TMI I don't know.

I have had a look at the topmotorimports.com website and it seems to be lacking a fair bit of imformation, as well as some basic spelling/grammar errors (which as the front for a business may/ may not be a good sign, but any-hoo I digress).

Importing through a broker (such as JSpec) will save you some cash largely because all risk is on you as the individual; if the car arrives as a dud it's all yours as the buyer, the importer has only assisted in facilitating the trade.

Importing through a registered motor dealer is safer, all risk lies with the importer. If the car is a dud, it's their loss. Licensed motor traders need to provide a statutory warranty with the sale of cars meeting certain criteria; they will need to fix anything wrong with a car. If you put a holding deposit on a car through a dealer then you have first right to say "yes, I do want the car, I'll go through with the sale" or if the car arrives and is crap, then you have the right to walk away. This risk is why you'll pay more through someone like IMG.

Generally, doing it yourself with the help of someone like JSpec you'll save somewhere around $2,000 over purchasing from a dealer. Whether or not piece of mind is worth $2k is up to the buyer.

sai_ANN
12-11-2008, 01:13 PM
But i am abit scared that they dont know too much about EP3s cause i dont think they import much of them. IMG sound very professional whereas these guys dont to me.. but i still trust them.

that doesn't make sense...you're scared that they don't know much about EP3s and they don't sound professional and yet you trust them?

as Seren1ty said, make sure that you speak to them and that they will let you walk away with your deposit if the car comes in and it's not up to scratch...btw...how much did you put down as deposit? i'd be very wary if they ask you to put a large deposit and then another amount when they buy the car in japan (i had an importer ask for $2000 upfront and then 50&#37; of the sale price when the car was bought at auction...DODGY!)...it'll be a gigantic hassle to try to get your money back if they don't deliver...

on another note...why on earth are you choosing now to buy an import...!? with the current exchange rate at $1AUD = 65yen, you're gonna be looking to pay something like 30% more for the car than the majority of us did...not trying to put you down or anything...but you're talking about saving money by going to a not so well known importer so i had to ask...

kriZy
12-11-2008, 02:31 PM
WOW!

ok. How does this sound?

It'll be a 5k deposit when i sign the papers and then they'll start looking..
It goes something on the lines like this:
There's people in Japan that sell their cars. TMI has an agent in Japan. He inspects their cars before saying its ok. Probably checks their condition etc.
TMI shows me photo's and if i like it i'll choose it.
I only pay the rest the day i pick it up after it has been compiled etc. It comes with 6 months free rego only ready to drive away.

I'm not sure about this 5k deposit thats why im waiting till i go in and speak to them face-to-face.

When our dollar was up i enquired and i got my quote which i liked.
I enquired just yesterday again and the dude said i should of got it when our exchange rate was HIGH. He said he'll speak to his manager see what he can do. His manager came back to him saying he can do it at the same price. AMAZING!

A good thing was i asked if its possible i will get something higher than grade 4 cause im not going any lower than that. He's reply was yes and is sure of it.

Hope that answers some questions. I'm keen to see these people face-to-face and see what they can offer.

How does IMG work? will they work around your budget?

Philip Lee
12-11-2008, 02:41 PM
the car will need to be at least a grade 4 or most compliance place won't touch it (unless dodgy of cos). although our exchange rate is crap now, demand is lower hence the auction price in Japan might be effected as well and that's why they might be able to do at the previously agreed price.

but $5k deposit seems excessive. iirc IMG only asked for $500 and it can be refunded any time i want, even after the car has landed and i'm not satisfied.

Philip Lee
12-11-2008, 02:47 PM
I'm keen to see these people face-to-face and see what they can offer.

if i'm in your position, i'd make sure i talk to IMG as well before i hand over $$ to anyone.

with IMG, u give them a small deposit, they will look for a car that's within your budget and requirement. they will send you info of some cars and you can select. then they will organise the importation etc. you can still walk away even the car is here.

that's what i was told back in January. not sure if its changed.

for the record, i ended up importing from a friend (who had no experience with EP3) but it was quite a hassle and i was kinda lucky that it went pretty smoothly in the end.

kriZy
12-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Yep, I just emailed IMG with my budget and what they can offer.
I would preferably go with them.

SuperSteve
12-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Anyone know the name of the interior cleaning product IMG used when they sold u there cars ?? It smelt nice when i first bought it and the smell went away ages ago. God i missed that smell, it smelt awesome and as if the car was brand new

EP3EVA
12-11-2008, 05:29 PM
"Anyone know the name of the interior cleaning product IMG used when they sold u there cars ?? It smelt nice when i first bought it and the smell went away ages ago. God i missed that smell, it smelt awesome and as if the car was brand new"

dud, just go and ask them if you want to know...so there wont be any guessing game:p

Oh Hi, im from Melb and would love to own a EP3 R in the early next year.....

Yeah rite i just keep track on the pricing..now rite the EP3 R so seem to be very expensive,like the Dealer is cheaper they people selling Privately!!

1st time i see the market for cars are like that, normally is like Private price>Dealer price!!

And to everyone that is planing/buying a JDM EP3 R should tell us how $much$ you got it for or what they ask for.!

So it could help people like me know whats a good price for what grade it is!!

sai_ANN
12-11-2008, 06:07 PM
It'll be a 5k deposit when i sign the papers and then they'll start looking..
It goes something on the lines like this:
There's people in Japan that sell their cars. TMI has an agent in Japan. He inspects their cars before saying its ok. Probably checks their condition etc.
TMI shows me photo's and if i like it i'll choose it.
I only pay the rest the day i pick it up after it has been compiled etc. It comes with 6 months free rego only ready to drive away.

I'm not sure about this 5k deposit thats why im waiting till i go in and speak to them face-to-face.

When our dollar was up i enquired and i got my quote which i liked.
I enquired just yesterday again and the dude said i should of got it when our exchange rate was HIGH. He said he'll speak to his manager see what he can do. His manager came back to him saying he can do it at the same price. AMAZING!

$5,000 is a huge deposit to ask for...i'd say it's a case of buyer beware...and i find it hard to believe that the manager said that he can sell you the same car for the same price...remember that sales people will say anything to get your business and with them requesting 5k as a deposit...alarm bells are certainly ringing

IMG will work around your budget and like philip lee said, they only take $500 deposit and you're free to walk away with your deposit if you're not happy with the car when it gets here...

i would suggest going in and sitting with andrew and talking to him...i've only heard good reviews about IMG (mine included) and they do all their compliancing in-house as well which is a plus...

SuperSteve
12-11-2008, 06:34 PM
yeah i got my car through IMG and it was so hassel free to b honest. They worked out a good price for me aswell as other things. Like sai_ANN said, go talk to IMG and see what they can do/arrange for u :)

Malenic1981
12-11-2008, 08:18 PM
I did my with broker (black sun imports), pretty happy with car and everything, except for time it took for car's arrival, but that was out of anyones control so can't blame them, but car is in very good condition, same as I was told when we bought it in japan so I'm happy, price was very good due to strong ozzy $$$$ but now he recons for same car I would have to pay $4000-5000 more due to very poor $$$$, I think this is the reson for price jump of lots of imports in last few weeks, for example they could've import R34 GTR, landed ready for rego for $41000 now he recons they can't do it for less than $54000 (that's for good example, we are talking 4.5 grade)

Shaun
12-11-2008, 10:52 PM
who was the show off that parked there ep3 next to my evo at princess (vic) tonight?!

stoj19
13-11-2008, 06:20 AM
hey guys,

I spoke to my compliancer the other day to make sure they wouldnt tamper with my HID's and that I would get them back. But they said, EP3's dont have HID's they just have adjustable headlights???

Could someone please let me know asap so I can get back to my compliancer

I have a 2002 EP3 by the way. which from the japanese pictures has OEM fog lights, if that helps at all

Thanks

p3p5y
13-11-2008, 06:47 AM
My headlights are HIDs and I've got an 02 EP3 if that helps.

Philip Lee
13-11-2008, 09:53 AM
hey guys,

I spoke to my compliancer the other day to make sure they wouldnt tamper with my HID's and that I would get them back. But they said, EP3's dont have HID's they just have adjustable headlights???

Could someone please let me know asap so I can get back to my compliancer

I have a 2002 EP3 by the way. which from the japanese pictures has OEM fog lights, if that helps at all

Thanks

what a load of sh!T.

what adjustible headlights??? nothing adjustible on mine unless the screws in the engine bay.

make sure your car is a "C package". if it is, it would have OEM HID regardless what year model it is. as i said, to find out if it's a c package, check to see if the car has power folding mirror and external temp display within the range/odo meter. just scroll through the menu and u'll see it if you have it. also all C package has tinted rear glass but some non C might be tinted afterwards so not a true indicator.

OEM foggies are optional parts so that doesn't help to determine whether your car should have HID or not.

Philip Lee
13-11-2008, 09:57 AM
.....and they do all their compliancing in-house as well which is a plus...

i thought that was supposed to be a secret haha....

it is definitely a big plus...... hehe

kriZy
13-11-2008, 10:39 AM
hey guys,

spoke to IMG they said with the currency being so high in Japan their going to get CTRs from UK instead as their money has dropped with ours. I'm seeing them this Sat too to sit down and have a talk

I really want JDM one as opposed to it being better somehow.
Might consider UK model.

i know there is talk with like 10kws difference with UK and JDM but Andrew from IMG told me this possibly could be cause of the 91ron standard fuel tested in UK compared to the 98ron standard fuel in Japan. But he's not 100&#37; sure.

Anybody know the differences in UK and JDM model Facelifts?

Shaun
13-11-2008, 10:41 AM
dont quote me but i believe uk lacks LSD and the interior might not be as good

Philip Lee
13-11-2008, 10:47 AM
i wouldn't get the UK model purely because it is not as good as the JDM one.

main difference being:
- inferior engine;
- no LSD;
- no recaros (unless limited edition);
- no HID;
- might have rust problem.

might as well get a used FN2R at low 30k. at least it's newer and Aussie delivered.

Shaun
13-11-2008, 10:49 AM
UK built the cars then gave the best ones to japan and an inferior product to there own people...so sad

kriZy
13-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Damnit.
I didn't want the UK one either. I guess i'll have to wait till it gets cheaper in japan and import during then.

Thanks guys, you guys been great help in making decisions.

p3p5y
13-11-2008, 10:55 AM
You may be disappointed with the EDM version as all of the above points would make me feel like an inadequate EP3 owner, compared to the rest of the JDM EP3s out there as a lot of the niceties are missing.

What about looking some of the EP3s that are already here and are currently on sale? They are all JDM versions.

kriZy
13-11-2008, 11:02 AM
I am so dissapointed man. Been waiting a long time saving up to get this EP3 and in finally have to $ to get it but the currency went down.

p3p5y yea i've looked but nothing fits my budget. I'll have to wait.

Seren1ty
13-11-2008, 11:07 AM
I am so dissapointed man. Been waiting a long time saving up to get this EP3 and in finally have to $ to get it but the currency went down.

p3p5y yea i've looked but nothing fits my budget. I'll have to wait.

IMG has a JDM 02 on there for 25,900. Says its coming over currently. Dont know if it is or not but if that is out of ur budget aswell then you do still need some more time to save - just transferring rego into your name will be $800 plus (stamp duty) + other expenses.

kriZy
13-11-2008, 02:10 PM
I saw that one too. I thought it was that price drive away? guess not.
Im going for a FL. Two-tone seats FTW.

Seren1ty
13-11-2008, 02:19 PM
I saw that one too. I thought it was that price drive away? guess not.

It is that price driveaway - it will be registered, complied and have third party greenslip (CTP), but you still need to personally get the car registered in your name so for eg, any speeding tickets go to you, not the dealer lol but seriously, the other expenses I meant were things like insurance/excess, alarm system/immobiliser (australian standard 3-point immobiliser mandatory if you want it comprehensively insured), obviously petrol and rego after the 3 month rego that you get from the dealer runs out.

Not much diff beside looks from the 02 and 04, depends on how much you want to pay and how long you want to wait.

Philip Lee
13-11-2008, 02:35 PM
i'd thought 3 point immobiliser is fitted during compliance @ no extra cost, as is the case to me and my friend.

i'd think you can neg on the price with IMG on stock cars.......

Seren1ty
13-11-2008, 02:38 PM
i'd thought 3 point immobiliser is fitted during compliance @ no extra cost, as is the case to me and my friend.

Hmmm, as far as I understood it I needed to pay for it, but it could just be the alarm system that was going to cost additional... best just to ask them ;)

stoj19
13-11-2008, 02:53 PM
what a load of sh!T.

what adjustible headlights??? nothing adjustible on mine unless the screws in the engine bay.

make sure your car is a "C package". if it is, it would have OEM HID regardless what year model it is. as i said, to find out if it's a c package, check to see if the car has power folding mirror and external temp display within the range/odo meter. just scroll through the menu and u'll see it if you have it. also all C package has tinted rear glass but some non C might be tinted afterwards so not a true indicator.

OEM foggies are optional parts so that doesn't help to determine whether your car should have HID or not.

Thats what i thought, but I didn't argue with them because I was unsure if my car was a 'C' package or not!!! I am so annoyed

I will be getting the car from the compliancer (Edward lee's) today or tomorrow and if it is a C package I will definitely be asking for my HID's back

grrrr.....

thanks guys, will let you know what happens

Oh and an EDM EP3 would be inferior to the JDM ones...japs for the win

JDM TIGHT YO!

Seren1ty
13-11-2008, 02:59 PM
I will be getting the car from the compliancer (Edward lee's) today or tomorrow

theres your problem rite there - from alot of ppl I've seen Edward Lees has a long list of unhappy customers

stoj19
13-11-2008, 03:04 PM
theres your problem rite there - from alot of ppl I've seen Edward Lees has a long list of unhappy customers

yes...i heard after I had all ready started the contract with them :( we will find out soon if my car is a C package and if so somebody will be getting extremely annoyed

.nhi.
13-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Thats what i thought, but I didn't argue with them because I was unsure if my car was a 'C' package or not!!! I am so annoyed

I will be getting the car from the compliancer (Edward lee's) today or tomorrow and if it is a C package I will definitely be asking for my HID's back

grrrr.....

thanks guys, will let you know what happens

Oh and an EDM EP3 would be inferior to the JDM ones...japs for the win

JDM TIGHT YO!

Yea yea!!!! i agree with you... JDM EP3 for the win!!! no doubt abt it!

Shaun
13-11-2008, 04:17 PM
from what i hear UK has pretty relaxed grey import laws, so it may be possible to find a JDM ep3 from the UK

NightRyder
13-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Steve,
if you want my interior cleaner who has cleaned my recaros in both cars I had and have, PM me for details. :)
He comes to you.

Anyone know the name of the interior cleaning product IMG used when they sold u there cars ?? It smelt nice when i first bought it and the smell went away ages ago. God i missed that smell, it smelt awesome and as if the car was brand new

Philip Lee
13-11-2008, 05:15 PM
from what i hear UK has pretty relaxed grey import laws, so it may be possible to find a JDM ep3 from the UK

That's certainly possible but i'd think the number of JDM EP3 there would be limited.

Malenic1981
14-11-2008, 12:42 AM
power difference between UK and JDM EP3 is'n because of fuel, JDM gets more aggresive cams, better headers (S/S) and of course different ECU, plus CW hehehe.

My EP3 is 02 model and has hid's but not shure if they are factory or aftermarket, also has rear tinted windows, would this make it C pac??

kriZy
14-11-2008, 08:56 AM
power difference between UK and JDM EP3 is'n because of fuel, JDM gets more aggresive cams, better headers (S/S) and of course different ECU, plus CW hehehe.

My EP3 is 02 model and has hid's but not shure if they are factory or aftermarket, also has rear tinted windows, would this make it C pac??

From what i know. Tinted windows comes stock with FL model
only the rear tinted windows.

Philip Lee
14-11-2008, 10:40 AM
AFAIK, rear tinted windows are standard on JDM C package, pre and post FL.

kriZy
14-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Hey EP3 owners.

How much are you guys paying for your insurance and what age are you?

SuperSteve
14-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Hey guys i saw a ep3 at fairfield 2day and i beeped my horn. Anyone from here ??

Philip Lee
14-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Hey EP3 owners.

Shannon charges me around $800 @ $30k agreed value, max ncb, clean history and over 30yo.

kriZy
14-11-2008, 03:07 PM
Very nice,
and this is full insurance?
what's ncb?

Seren1ty
14-11-2008, 03:29 PM
what's ncb?

no claim bonus

denrie
14-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Hey guys i saw a ep3 at fairfield 2day and i beeped my horn. Anyone from here ??

lol that might be me but i saw another EP3 there and not sure if it was you...

Seren1ty
14-11-2008, 03:50 PM

Check out where he lives mate ;)

Philip Lee
14-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Very nice,
and this is full insurance?

Yup but i'm in Brisbane and it's generally cheaper here.

EP3EVA
14-11-2008, 03:56 PM
How about Melbourne?? are they as good as brisbane?

SuperSteve
14-11-2008, 04:55 PM

this would have been around 1:30 ish... i beeped my horn aswell. Was around fairfield heights

Seren1ty sif u wanna know where i live u stalker ! ! haha

Seren1ty
14-11-2008, 07:05 PM
this would have been around 1:30 ish... i beeped my horn aswell. Was around fairfield heights

Seren1ty sif u wanna know where i live u stalker ! ! haha

lols ur secret's safe with me superman...

denrie
14-11-2008, 08:44 PM
ahahahaha anyone got any EP3 mods selling for cheap??

SuperSteve
14-11-2008, 10:40 PM
ahahahaha anyone got any EP3 mods selling for cheap??

haha gl finding cheap parts for ep3 :( all prices of jdm parts have gone through roof. I was going to upgrade my headers and get some other stuff but im gonna have to sit out and wait now

denrie
14-11-2008, 10:46 PM
haha gl finding cheap parts for ep3 :( all prices of jdm parts have gone through roof. I was going to upgrade my headers and get some other stuff but im gonna have to sit out and wait now

lol yeh i know everythings expensive now...what kind of headers?

SuperSteve
15-11-2008, 07:45 AM
lol yeh i know everythings expensive now...what kind of headers?

because ive already got the toda cat back exhaust i was wanting to get the toda headers and the toda highflow cat just to keep it 1 whole brand setup kinda thing. Ive seen that toda headers give u good mid range and a lil peak which is what im after for when i track my car again. After the headers ill get a kpro and tune and it would b like vtec kicking in from 4k rpm to redline haha thats what im kinda after later on down the track but now that the aussie dollar has gone :thumbdwn: it has stuffed up my plans a lil

.nhi.
15-11-2008, 04:08 PM
Hey EP3 owners.

I pay $1300 for mine with just car, full comprehensive, clean history n im 20.

n5920787
15-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Who's the EP3 that parked next to me at Market Square in Brisbane last Thursday?

Just wondering what's the first Mod that everyone did after they got their car

denrie
15-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Who's the EP3 that parked next to me at Market Square in Brisbane last Thursday?

lol mine was an intake...

Philip Lee
15-11-2008, 05:50 PM

was that a facelifed with stock wheels? i have seen one a few times driven by a chick.

i don't park my car at market square so it can't be me lol

my first mod (if u can call that a mod) was replacing the ugly plastic gear boot with suede ones.

SuperSteve
15-11-2008, 07:11 PM
my first mod was my intake

Hey guys are the rotor sizes and brake pads on the ep3 the same as the dc5r ??

bradb16a
16-11-2008, 08:26 AM
mugen mf10 rims

n5920787
16-11-2008, 05:54 PM
was that a facelifed with stock wheels? i have seen one a few times driven by a chick.

i don't park my car at market square so it can't be me lol

my first mod (if u can call that a mod) was replacing the ugly plastic gear boot with suede ones.

Yeah the one with the stock wheels. Yeah I want to replace that gear boot aswell, looks too much like a joystick for games.

stoj19
16-11-2008, 06:08 PM
hey guys,

Where abouts is the best place to get an S2000 start button for our cars? Anybody here have one?

thanks

bradb16a
16-11-2008, 06:24 PM
put in your hazard light button and put in a switch for the hazards

stoj19
16-11-2008, 06:50 PM
put in your hazard light button and put in a switch for the hazards

huh? explain? lol like turn the hazard button into the start button?

wont look as cool haha

Shaun
16-11-2008, 08:14 PM
whos ep3? hot!!!

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/507/typerandevobe4.jpg

.nhi.
16-11-2008, 08:20 PM

yea yea! girl driver ftw! if it was a girl driving market square then it was me :D... u guys wud prob c me there all the time

my first mod was coilovers ^^.

EP3EVA
16-11-2008, 08:30 PM
yea yea! girl driver ftw! if it was a girl driving market square then it was me :D... u guys wud prob c me there all the time

Coilovers your 1st mod!! thats FTW, going for control rather power!..as your a ex Nissan's (and very smart for a girl hahaha)

Wish i have a EP3 R..Im very envy of all you guys

Nhi...do you mind tell me how you got your EP3 R for?? you could PM if you want for that.

thanx in advance!

egads
16-11-2008, 10:59 PM
first and only mod. fd2r gear knob

Malenic1981
16-11-2008, 11:10 PM
FD2R gear knob is first mod on my car but it came with it from japan hehe
my first mod is gruppeM, Fujitsubo RM-01 and apexi vafc2, I got it all in one hit (thanks to typercivic) also should all go on car in one hit hehe
Got my second mod as well, J's racing sway bar and engine torque dumper (again thanks to typercivic):)

EP3EVA
16-11-2008, 11:17 PM
FD2R gear knob is first mod on my car but it came with it from japan hehe
my first mod is gruppeM, Fujitsubo RM-01 and apexi vafc2, I got it all in one hit (thanks to typercivic) also should all go on car in one hit hehe
Got my second mod as well, J's racing sway bar and engine torque dumper (again thanks to typercivic):)

do you mind me asking how much at wheels you are making with these mods u listed.!

egads
16-11-2008, 11:37 PM
hasnt installed yet hence the

should all go on car in one hit hehe

but expect 135+kw atw

Malenic1981
17-11-2008, 12:18 AM
Not yet installed, but previous owner with this set up had around 180hp@wheels I think, anyway he took me for a spin and car was very very fast, that's why I got it from him hehe

eriktufa
17-11-2008, 12:44 AM
Faster than your old s2k ? :)

bradb16a
17-11-2008, 06:53 AM
huh? explain? lol like turn the hazard button into the start button?

wont look as cool haha

I saw it done on a US ep3 it looked sick... and he moved the hazard over to the other side i will try and find the link and post it up...

n5920787
17-11-2008, 08:32 AM
hey guys,

Where abouts is the best place to get an S2000 start button for our cars? Anybody here have one?

thanks

I got a pivot start button on mine

kriZy
17-11-2008, 08:56 AM
i wish EP3s had a start button. That'll be SICK!

I got quoted from Just Car EP3 $2,500 comprehensive for age 19 with a speeding history.

yeah i just got done 14kms over 2 mins before school zone was over :( 3:58PM!

Philip Lee
17-11-2008, 10:16 AM
i dunno about start button. it's just unnecessary rice and extra complication. i already hate having to depress the clutch pedal to start.....

yea yea! girl driver ftw! if it was a girl driving market square then it was me ... u guys wud prob c me there all the time

what coilovers are you running? how much is it lowered by and how is the ride?

i hate the stock ride, very bumpy....

if u dun mind me asking, where did you get your car from.

cheers

kriZy
17-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Im also interested to know

I like the sound of Tein's Mono Flex!

.nhi.
17-11-2008, 12:25 PM
what coilovers are you running? how much is it lowered by and how is the ride?
i hate the stock ride, very bumpy....
if u dun mind me asking, where did you get your car from.
cheers

i got buddyclub coilovers... and it's just under 10cm... it's an awesome ride... not as smooth as the stock ride though
if u hate the stock ride coz it's bumpy then ud hate the ride once it's lowered... i actualli thought the stock ride was nice. oh and i got my car from the caryard.

n5920787
17-11-2008, 12:32 PM
i got buddyclub coilovers... and it's just under 10cm... it's an awesome ride... not as smooth as the stock ride though
if u hate the stock ride coz it's bumpy then ud hate the ride once it's lowered... i actualli thought the stock ride was nice. oh and i got my car from the caryard.

Which caryard did you get yours from?
I remember seeing one from autoshop.net

Philip Lee
17-11-2008, 02:15 PM

thanks for your info. i guess it's bad news for me lol.

SuperSteve
17-11-2008, 06:29 PM
i dunno about start button. it's just unnecessary rice and extra complication. i already hate having to depress the clutch pedal to start.....

hahaha u lazy bugger !

Malenic1981
17-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Faster than your old s2k ?

Hehe as it is now, stock standard I think it's a bit faster, but with those few things much faster, when Navin (typercivic) took me for a ride in his ex EP3 with these mods it was bloody fast, felt like it had turbo or supercharger hiden somewhere hehe.

Come on for drags on 17 dec so we can compare EP3 VS S2K hehe

eriktufa
17-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Hehe as it is now, stock standard I think it's a bit faster, but with those few things much faster, when Navin (typercivic) took me for a ride in his ex EP3 with these mods it was bloody fast, felt like it had turbo or supercharger hiden somewhere hehe.

Come on for drags on 17 dec so we can compare EP3 VS S2K hehe

I already went last month and set up a time :)

It's your time now

Malenic1981
17-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Hehe I'll be happy to hit 14s, it's gonna be first time out it the car I only drove for few days (I'm coming back home on 17th so no time to practice hehe), plus I suck at take offs hehe.

Later on I would love to brake into 13s hehe

kriZy
18-11-2008, 09:47 AM

What kinda of mods we talking about here?

Philip Lee
18-11-2008, 11:18 AM
^ Gruppe M CAI + RM01 + VAFC. correct me if i'm wrong.

mp-
18-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Anyone got good coilovers but also makes it a simi-decent smooth ride for their ep3? from what ive read, BC arnt that smooth...any other ones?

veecee
18-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Got my EP3R this morning and just came back from a drive. Unfortunately the Sydney roads were a little damp but man, what an engine!!! Loads of power and it is so tempting to go for that redline! I thought the standard ride is pretty reasonable. Overall this is one very happy new owner!

SuperSteve
18-11-2008, 10:25 PM
Got my EP3R this morning and just came back from a drive. Unfortunately the Sydney roads were a little damp but man, what an engine!!! Loads of power and it is so tempting to go for that redline! I thought the standard ride is pretty reasonable. Overall this is one very happy new owner!

Welcome mate :)

Malenic1981
18-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Gruppe M CAI + RM01 + VAFC. correct me if i'm wrong.
yep that's right

veecee I know what you talking about man, just great car, I just got mine last week:)

mp-
18-11-2008, 11:23 PM
whats ppls fuel consumption?

per full tank?
L/100km?
city? highway?

bradb16a
19-11-2008, 05:19 AM
i think it the tank is 45L best km is 620km average 550km

stoj19
19-11-2008, 08:17 AM

welcome! sounds great, got any pictures to share?

Still waiting for the compliance plate for mine.....:(

Philip Lee
19-11-2008, 10:24 AM
whats ppls fuel consumption?

per full tank?
L/100km?
city? highway?

purely city, around 10.5L/KM, not a lot of vtec tho.

mp-
19-11-2008, 04:04 PM
i think it the tank is 45L best km is 620km average 550km

wow..tat's some very nice figures

stoj19
19-11-2008, 05:43 PM
wow..tat's some very nice figures

I reckon! Hope I can achieve similar

SuperSteve
19-11-2008, 09:22 PM
i travel in sydney mostly peak hour to work and home
roughly do around 450-500 thats with the odd vtec'ing here and there hehe i know i shouldnt b but u gotta love the roar when u hit vtec

.nhi.
20-11-2008, 12:33 AM
i go around brisbane and do a fair bit of driving... im abit of a hoon so i vtec alot and i get between 450 - 500 as well... so im realli happy with the fuel consumption =D.

mp-
20-11-2008, 01:01 AM
so a full tank is 45L?

if so, that works out to b roughly to be (450km per tank) 10L/100km.
(L / km x 100)

Ill b doing mostly highway (90-110km), so aiming for something like 550km - 650km per tank..is that realistic and Achievable?

iversonruls
20-11-2008, 01:39 AM
it sld be 50L tank i think

egads
20-11-2008, 06:14 AM
Ill b doing mostly highway (90-110km), so aiming for something like 550km - 650km per tank..is that realistic and Achievable?

yes! ive got those figures before with some hwy driving so its possible

but normally id get around 400-450km city

kriZy
20-11-2008, 10:24 AM

Did you thrash it already?

Check this out:

A word of advice – make sure you have a cover note for insurance before you take it for a ride, and drive your new car like a granny until you can put a fresh tank of 98 octane in it. After a couple of weeks, fuel starts to drop octane, and I can guarantee that any fuel left in the car will be totally stale, so no thrashing or you may wind up with a dead motor!

http://ironchefimports.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=31

Just wondering, anybody seen a Stateroads inspection?
when they inspect it, do they thrash it?

veecee
20-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Did you thrash it already?

Check this out:

A word of advice – make sure you have a cover note for insurance before you take it for a ride, and drive your new car like a granny until you can put a fresh tank of 98 octane in it. After a couple of weeks, fuel starts to drop octane, and I can guarantee that any fuel left in the car will be totally stale, so no thrashing or you may wind up with a dead motor!

http://ironchefimports.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=31

Just wondering, anybody seen a Stateroads inspection?
when they inspect it, do they thrash it?
Yep had a policy and a fresh tank of 98 before getting into it. The little vtec is a sweet engine. I love driving to work now!!! And I love the fact that it is so inconspicious in traffic but so damn quick. The steering takes some getting used to though. It has a really strong sell centering effect and takes a firm hold to help things in line when pulling hard out of corners.

p3p5y
20-11-2008, 09:21 PM
Yep had a policy and a fresh tank of 98 before getting into it. The little vtec is a sweet engine. I love driving to work now!!! And I love the fact that it is so inconspicious in traffic but so damn quick. The steering takes some getting used to though. It has a really strong sell centering effect and takes a firm hold to help things in line when pulling hard out of corners.

The EPS always seems to be a common gripe with EP3 owners. I'm sure it's because everyone is used to driving other cars with more direct feeling in the steering wheel.

I find that I have to drive the EP3 with two hands on the wheel more often as I notice that the car is more sensitive to camber and grooves on the road, which does result in requiring you to hold the steering wheel firmly.

This doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing - it's just different. Type R's were built for the track, don't forget that.

veecee
20-11-2008, 09:45 PM
Anybody has experience with a good FM expander or once to steer clear of? I need one for my head unit. Thanks.

Malenic1981
21-11-2008, 08:09 PM
Just got my EP3 covered with shannons, was gonna go with just car or HBF but shannons looked like best out of all.
full cover for 12 months $976 with mods included (agreed value $28000) plus I can add any mod I do, eg suspension ect, things that make me choose them over other two is in case of accident I get to pick my own repair shop, I'm covered when I do AHG driver training days :) and once I get cams licence I get more discount and some other benefits (apperantly in near future they'll organise track days or something so you get disscount and so on)

Mugen_B16B
21-11-2008, 08:32 PM
having a slight problem guys would love some help

from 1st to 2nd i quick shift and car chirps and then i here a big knock like i hit something from under the car, its happened twice and the old owner has had this happen but only once, since then he takes his time shifting, could it possibly be the mounts are to soft and because theres so much tourque on such a small car the motor is hitting the chassis? thats all i could think of or diff problems but i think that would be way more serious and moticable

SuperSteve
21-11-2008, 08:51 PM
^-- ep3 or ek ??

Mugen_B16B
21-11-2008, 09:10 PM
i did ask in an ep3 thread right?

SuperSteve
21-11-2008, 10:00 PM
i did ask in an ep3 thread right?

sorry its just that under ur avatar it says ek

Could b ur engine mounts... check them to see if any cracks and if its not them see if ur exhaust is nice and tight. If its not something obvious take it to a good mechanic and get them to take a look :thumbsup:

Mugen_B16B
22-11-2008, 08:11 AM
yeah i checked the mounts and nothin, it only happens when i shift into 2nd really quick, if i take my time then its ok, all i could think of is the motor having to m uch torque hitting the wall or something, ill take it into the place where i got it, its still got warenty so yeah

bradb16a
22-11-2008, 04:20 PM
i get the some nose from under the car when it wet and i drive it hard ..

Mugen_B16B
23-11-2008, 10:38 AM
same here, only in the wet, nothin when its dry but better to make sure whats wrong

egads
23-11-2008, 11:26 AM
any vibrations? aftermarket exhaust?

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1804596&postcount=1013

bradb16a
23-11-2008, 11:46 AM
its like the exhaust hits the the under body of the car ...
its like the vibrating really hard and hits .. full mugen exhaust

SuperSteve
23-11-2008, 03:34 PM
yeah i get that problem with my car when its wet aswell. If i drive my car like a baby and dont hit potholes or puddles it doesnt make the noise but when it starts pouring down and water hits the exhaust the exhaust note changes and u can hear it knocking. Common problem with aftermarket exhausts but ive read a thread on the intergra part of this forum and the problem seems to dissappear once u have upgraded ur headers. Strange :S

I dug up the thread here it is if u wanna have a lil bit of a look
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80848&page=8

Malenic1981
24-11-2008, 12:17 AM
guys xmas is coming and I may get lucky to convince my dad to buy me something for my EP3 (he doesn't mind getting me something for house and so on but car bits are just waste of $$$$ for him hehe) so yeah Im thinking of some suspension work, pretty much Im happy with how EP3 handles and i wouldn't want it to be much harder/stiffer so I was thinking of just getting it a bit lower, so springs would be the way as they are cheaper as well, but I don't want kings or lovells had bad expirience with those things before, I was thinking of Eibach or H&R, read lots of good stuff about them, the only problem I have is if they gonna be good for some track work (few times a year just for fun), with them I would also have fron, rear sway bars and 4 point under car brace.

So pretty much my set up would be sway bars (front & rear) 4 point under car brace and springs, you guys recon this would be good set up for mainly street driven EP3??

SuperSteve
24-11-2008, 01:34 AM
I got the 4 point underbrace and all other struts (front tower and rear cabin strut brace and lower underarm brace) all im missing is the front and rear swaybars. Having all these the car does feel abit more stiffer but i heard u dont really feel anything till after u do ur swaybars and coilovers. Cusco have 25mm front and rear swaybars but because of the aussie dollar they are selling for 450 each :S im still not sure and trying to find out how much mm the front and rear swaybar is if u know or find out let me know please

Malenic1981
24-11-2008, 01:48 AM
I already got J's racing front one but don't know how much mm it is, will prob get rear from J's racing as well, what 4 point underbrace you got??

SuperSteve
24-11-2008, 02:33 AM
i bought the 4point brace off typercivic :D it is ultra racing. i think its the same as the dc5r dont quote me on that though might have to check with typercivic

Malenic1981
24-11-2008, 04:07 AM
so you r the one that got it, that's the only thing I missed from his EP3 hehe, I'll prob get same, he took me for a ride when he had all the stuff on the car and it was pretty stiff, I think with coilovers it may be too much for everyday driving unless set on very soft settings

SuperSteve
24-11-2008, 04:15 AM
hahaha yeah i beat u to that 1 :D Yeah it did make the front car seem heaps more stiffer turning into corners. Having the 4 point brace im not sure if ill upgrade my front sway bar incase that might cause more understeer. The back im definately gonna do.

kriZy
24-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Get coilovers!

TEIN Monoflex ftw.

Malenic1981
24-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Yeah my foult, I was offerd but did know if I want it at the time hehe
You recon with front sway bar and 4 point brace I may get lots understeer??

Coilovers are good but I'm not sure if I really need them so don't want to spend too much if there is no need, prob better get some other stuff for car

Philip Lee
24-11-2008, 12:15 PM
general rule:

to reduce understeer/increase oversteer, soften the front/harden the rear.

to reduce oversteer/increase understeer, soften the rear/harden the front.

so if the car is understeering now, get smaller front bar or bigger rear bar.

stiffening bars will reduce chassis flex, it shouldn't increase or reduce understeer (unless the chassis has been flexing so much so that the alignment is really out).

SuperSteve
24-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Yeah coilovers would b awesome :D but they are a bit much now unfortunately :( Im not sure about TEIN Monoflex coilovers if they give u camber adjustment. If i go with Coilovers ill probably go for buddy club racing spec dampers because u need to get extra camber at the front wheels. I took my car for wheel allignment b4 my track day and they couldnt get any camber on the front wheels. They said they got as much as they could but if u look at my front wheels they look dead straight. They said i should get camber bolts or get some nice coilovers with camber adjustment on them.

With having the 4point brace installed it does feel stiffer into turns but it feels as if the car would understeer if i took a corner hard so thats why i was thinking ill just keep to the jdm front swaybar and upgrade to a bigger at the rear to help the back more. Well thats how i see it. Its probably best to check with someone else that has done front and rear swaybars i could b wrong hehehe

SuperSteve
24-11-2008, 12:33 PM
general rule:

to reduce understeer/increase oversteer, soften the front/harden the rear.

to reduce oversteer/increase understeer, soften the rear/harden the front.

so if the car is understeering now, get smaller front bar or bigger rear bar.

stiffening bars will reduce chassis flex, it shouldn't increase or reduce understeer (unless the chassis has been flexing so much so that the alignment is really out).

hmm mayb understeer with our cars is mayb due to the lack of camber on our front wheels

Mugen_B16B
24-11-2008, 01:22 PM
anyone recommend a good intake?

Malenic1981
24-11-2008, 02:24 PM
GruppeM is the way:)

SuperSteve
24-11-2008, 02:35 PM
yeah i got a gruppe m and im not complaining. Carbon Fibre design so its bling for ur enginebay. Improve throttle response. The scream noise it makes when u hit vtec is out of this world. And i gained 13kw at the wheels from it

EP3EVA
24-11-2008, 02:46 PM
yeah i got a gruppe m and im not complaining. Carbon Fibre design so its bling for ur enginebay. Improve throttle response. The scream noise it makes when u hit vtec is out of this world. And i gained 13kw at the wheels from it

oh really:cool:, that really good to hear!

Is that with TUNE?? ECU??

SuperSteve
24-11-2008, 02:48 PM
oh really:cool:, that really good to hear!

Is that with TUNE?? ECU??

nope just bolting on the gruppe m and that was it. No other mods. Stock car with just the gruppe m

Malenic1981
24-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Just one question about front camber, if I lower the car wouldn't I automaticly get some more camber???

Philip Lee
24-11-2008, 03:16 PM
Just one question about front camber, if I lower the car wouldn't I automaticly get some more camber???

yes you would but it won't be much and not really adjustible.

best to get camber bolts or coilovers with pillowball top mounts.

veecee
24-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Anybody know where I can get some nice floormats for the EP3? Need to protect that red carpet...

xtercii
24-11-2008, 03:22 PM
how do u guys find the shifting quality in your EP3Rs?

Philip Lee
24-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Anybody know where I can get some nice floormats for the EP3? Need to protect that red carpet...

nothing beats the oem option mats but good luck finding them.

failing that might be some Karo (http://www.karo1980.jp/index.html) or Bride.

Philip Lee
24-11-2008, 03:37 PM
how do u guys find the shifting quality in your EP3Rs?

with OEM gear knob it is ok. but it is awesome with a Skunk 2 (400g) or an ARC (200g).

SuperSteve
24-11-2008, 03:54 PM
changing the gear knob makes changing gears different ?? is it just the weight ??

Philip Lee
24-11-2008, 03:59 PM
weight is an important factor, also the height of the gear knob.

egads
24-11-2008, 04:19 PM
yeah lower seems to feel better imo. i replaced mine with the round fd2r knob.

xtercii
24-11-2008, 04:26 PM
my EP3R gearbox feels very light and lack of feel (anyone has the same feeling?), however I am using spoon titanium gearknob which weighs next to nothing...

Is the stock EP3 gear knob same as a DC5R?

Philip Lee
24-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Is the stock EP3 gear knob same as a DC5R?

seems to be.

Philip Lee
24-11-2008, 04:38 PM
yeah lower seems to feel better imo. i replaced mine with the round fd2r knob.

lower seems tighter but require more effort.

but it's sweet :p

NightRyder
24-11-2008, 07:26 PM
hey guys just curious, when accelerating up to speed (a suitable speed not vtec) do you guys get a whistling-like sound as you speed up?
As in, it sounds as though the valve cylinders open up more as you speed up?

Malenic1981
24-11-2008, 07:34 PM
I got FD2R gear knob as well, love it, my ep3 shifts perfect and so far I got no 2nd gear problem

stoj19
24-11-2008, 08:26 PM

bloody hell thats crazy, 13kw from simply an air intake.....only if it wasnt so bloody expensive..... :(

where did most of you guys buy it from?

egads
24-11-2008, 08:59 PM
cheapest would be direct from gruppe m. but that was before the dollar dropped like crazy.

SuperSteve
24-11-2008, 09:50 PM
hey guys just curious, when accelerating up to speed (a suitable speed not vtec) do you guys get a whistling-like sound as you speed up?
As in, it sounds as though the valve cylinders open up more as you speed up?

Hmm not sure what noise ur talking about but when i drive my car normally i can gear my ivtec plastic cover rattle against the induction part of the engine

SuperSteve
24-11-2008, 09:52 PM
bloody hell thats crazy, 13kw from simply an air intake.....only if it wasnt so bloody expensive..... :(

where did most of you guys buy it from?

i got mine directly from gruppe m japan and when i bought it they had a discount thing going on but they stopped it now.

Try talking to this bloke XP02ED on ozhonda forums. He gets the gruppe m for the integras and is currently doing it for the new civic type r's ask him if he can get 1 for ur ep3 if ur interested and at what price he can do it at.

Good Luck :D

Mugen_B16B
24-11-2008, 11:35 PM
hmmm thinking at getting one now lol 13kws is awesome

i think the whistling noise is the intake, stock still sounds pretty loud

kriZy
25-11-2008, 10:40 AM
stoj19, i agree with you buddy.
13KWATW increase from CAI is CRAZY!
its a pretty cheap mod to me for that many kw's gain imo.

you must've felt a big difference aye Steve?
wonder what bolting on a full exhaust with headers will give you.

Philip Lee
25-11-2008, 10:54 AM
the 13kw gain sounds impressive on paper and i must say it's an excellent result from a CAI alone (although exxy but very good quality).

however iirc, the dyno sheet revealed most gain is at the top end after vtec kicks in. obviously there are gains at the mid range but not as dramatic.

my point is, when choosing a CAI, it is important to look at cost/benefit. there are others CAI that are cheaper with less peak gain but might have similar mid range gain. we should consider our application b4 spending $1k on a CAI.

also consider the clearance issue with some after market tower bar and Gruppe M CAI. ie. apparently only J's Racing ones will fit, Cusco/Carbing won't.

NightRyder
25-11-2008, 05:11 PM
Hmm not sure what noise ur talking about but when i drive my car normally i can gear my ivtec plastic cover rattle against the induction part of the engine

Oh..ok...hmm..then I guess it's nothing to worry about then...

hmmm thinking at getting one now lol 13kws is awesome

i think the whistling noise is the intake, stock still sounds pretty loud

I had that same hunch because mines doing that. I take it's normal...thanks guys

Mugen_B16B
25-11-2008, 06:47 PM
what bout a mugen intake?

egads
25-11-2008, 07:47 PM
what bout a mugen intake?

what about it? i made 129.8kw with mugen airbox and twinloop catback

but gruppem beats it hands down.

SuperSteve
25-11-2008, 09:55 PM
what about it? i made 129.8kw with mugen airbox and twinloop catback

but gruppem beats it hands down.

i heard with the mugen intake u need to get the mugen front grill installed to get more out of it isnt it ??

SuperSteve
25-11-2008, 10:12 PM
the 13kw gain sounds impressive on paper and i must say it's an excellent result from a CAI alone (although exxy but very good quality).

however iirc, the dyno sheet revealed most gain is at the top end after vtec kicks in. obviously there are gains at the mid range but not as dramatic.

my point is, when choosing a CAI, it is important to look at cost/benefit. there are others CAI that are cheaper with less peak gain but might have similar mid range gain. we should consider our application b4 spending $1k on a CAI.

also consider the clearance issue with some after market tower bar and Gruppe M CAI. ie. apparently only J's Racing ones will fit, Cusco/Carbing won't.

Yeah gruppe m is a great intake but for the price of it now its worth looking elsewhere. Only reason why i bought it was because i could buy it for 850 and on civic type r uk forums it was 1 of the intakes most stood by and recommended. People on clubitr recommended it aswell. Also m&m honda front tower bar also clears the gruppe m

SuperSteve
25-11-2008, 10:14 PM
heres the thread i made up when i purchased it

it has pictures of what the gruppe m looks like incase some of u guys are wondering

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85910&highlight=gruppe

egads
25-11-2008, 10:19 PM
i heard with the mugen intake u need to get the mugen front grill installed to get more out of it isnt it ??

apparently, but im sure still flows decent with stock grill. ive got a mugen grill anyways.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10140&d=1224074516

SuperSteve
25-11-2008, 10:26 PM
wow awesome ! looks awesome man ! how come u didnt show me >_<

hey is that the mugen front lip aswell ?? or the mugen front bar ??

Malenic1981
25-11-2008, 10:40 PM
That's bloody nice

egads
25-11-2008, 10:50 PM
just add on lower lip. i dont think mugen has a full replacement bar for ep3.

SuperSteve
25-11-2008, 11:14 PM
where did u source the lip from ?? ive been trying to find 1 for ages. Pm me if u like :D

Mugen_B16B
25-11-2008, 11:35 PM
hey guys something is not right bout my car

went for a drive, just a cruise to a mates house then i start to here knocking noise, everytime i put my foot on the accelerator, and it knocks though the peddle and steering wheel, i stopped to have a look but i dont see anything leakin or broken, anyone have a clue what could be wrong?

it happens everytime i put my foot on and off, 1st all the way to 6th and still feel it knock, im thinking the dirveshaft? something else?

stoj19
26-11-2008, 06:38 AM
That's bloody nice

agree! egads, hot car mate! love the lip and grille

I'm just keeping it real, with an all stock EP3 :D

(compliance plate arrives tomorrow, hopefully all registered Friday)

bradb16a
26-11-2008, 07:12 AM
it my car but its white look good mate

Philip Lee
26-11-2008, 10:38 AM
where did u source the lip from ?? ive been trying to find 1 for ages. Pm me if u like :D

i thought Sai_ann was selling a while back?

Mugen_B16B
26-11-2008, 10:58 AM
hey guys something is not right bout my car

went for a drive, just a cruise to a mates house then i start to here knocking noise, everytime i put my foot on the accelerator, and it knocks though the peddle and steering wheel, i stopped to have a look but i dont see anything leakin or broken, anyone have a clue what could be wrong?

it happens everytime i put my foot on and off, 1st all the way to 6th and still feel it knock, im thinking the dirveshaft? something else?

can anyone help me out?

egads
26-11-2008, 04:24 PM
knock or creak?

sai_ANN
26-11-2008, 04:27 PM
i thought Sai_ann was selling a while back?

i was...but it's gone now... :)

SuperSteve
26-11-2008, 06:16 PM
can anyone help me out?

does the noise happen when u turn ur steering wheel aswell ?? because there is a common problem with the ep3's steering rack. The steering rack will make creaking noises when u turn and also under acceleration. It happened to me and i took it to my mechanic and got it fixed.

SuperSteve
26-11-2008, 06:20 PM
dammit egads im so jealous of ur mugen lip >_<

Mugen_B16B
26-11-2008, 06:50 PM
same i want a mugen lip too!!!

anyway back to the topic yes its exactly how u described it and its getting louder, i gonna take it to my mechanic friday and see, i also searched up and have heard about ep3's in the uk having alot of issues with theres and there all steering rack problems aswell

Mugen_B16B
26-11-2008, 06:51 PM
oh and btw steve wat did they do to fix it? replace or fix it?

veecee
26-11-2008, 08:57 PM
apparently, but im sure still flows decent with stock grill. ive got a mugen grill anyways.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10140&d=1224074516
egads, you didn't happen to be storming through Tempe last Saturday afternoon did you?

Shaun
26-11-2008, 08:59 PM
^ this civic looks fkn epic man!!

egads
26-11-2008, 09:14 PM
egads, you didn't happen to be storming through Tempe last Saturday afternoon did you?

nah i dont think so, especially not the storming part lol

veecee
26-11-2008, 09:31 PM
nah i dont think so, especially not the storming part lol
Fair enough. I saw an EP3 with a similar grill. Thought it might have been you.

Poeter
27-11-2008, 07:53 AM
Hey egads, is your car on sale?

I thought I saw this on carsales.com.au

EGBOY
27-11-2008, 09:06 AM
does the noise happen when u turn ur steering wheel aswell ?? because there is a common problem with the ep3's steering rack. The steering rack will make creaking noises when u turn and also under acceleration. It happened to me and i took it to my mechanic and got it fixed.

^^ what they replace to fix it? mine only does it when its wet, drives me insane, dont drive it when its wet or cold purley because of the noise!

SuperSteve
27-11-2008, 03:56 PM
What my mechanic did was pull back the rubber boot on the steering rack and spray some can grease/oil (not sure what it was but was some lube in a can of some sort) inside. That got rid of the noise. He said its not a safety issue and is just a annoying noise so u can drive with the noise happening with no issues only thing u have to do is put up with the annoying noise. OR u could go to the extreme and replace it, but i would imagine it would cost quiet abit. If u live in sydney i took my car to hannys in smithfield n they fixed it up for me for 50 bucks and i havent heard the noise since (this was probably 4 - 5 months ago) but i can imagine it coming back again and if it does ill just get it sprayed again hehe

^^ what they replace to fix it? mine only does it when its wet, drives me insane, dont drive it when its wet or cold purley because of the noise!

mp-
27-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Hey egads, is your car on sale?

I thought I saw this on carsales.com.au

Same here..if its urs, i wanted to ask, what exhaust u using egads?

egads
27-11-2008, 08:23 PM
mugen twinloop catback as the ad states.

EGBOY
28-11-2008, 09:50 AM
What my mechanic did was pull back the rubber boot on the steering rack and spray some can grease/oil (not sure what it was but was some lube in a can of some sort) inside. That got rid of the noise. He said its not a safety issue and is just a annoying noise so u can drive with the noise happening with no issues only thing u have to do is put up with the annoying noise. OR u could go to the extreme and replace it, but i would imagine it would cost quiet abit. If u live in sydney i took my car to hannys in smithfield n they fixed it up for me for 50 bucks and i havent heard the noise since (this was probably 4 - 5 months ago) but i can imagine it coming back again and if it does ill just get it sprayed again hehe

is that the rubber boots in the engine bay?
coz mine sounds like its in the column/ inside the car!

SuperSteve
28-11-2008, 03:34 PM
is that the rubber boots in the engine bay?
coz mine sounds like its in the column/ inside the car!

yeap its the rubber boots in the engine bay, it has the rods on either side of the boots going towards the wheels. Yeah it sounds like its inside the car just behind the steering wheel. i even though the first time i heard it that the steering wheel was rubbing against something but it was definately my steering rack

take ur car to a mechanic that works on hondas. The mechanic that i took it to took it for a test drive and said it was definately my steering rack and that the eu civic (looks like a ep3 but is longer and has 4 doors) had similar problems

you could try and do it urself but it looked like a bit of a bastard to get to. the mechanic got to it from underneath the car.

stoj19
28-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Guess what guys, sorted out my Blue Slip yesterday and went to the RTA today to register my EP3 but got called up for an "inspection" at the Carrington RTA in Newcastle and the earliest booking was Dec 9th.....its ridiculous.......

Malenic1981
28-11-2008, 08:45 PM
fark man you must be pissed off, my bro did mine in one day here in perth:)

mp-
28-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Guess what guys, sorted out my Blue Slip yesterday and went to the RTA today to register my EP3 but got called up for an "inspection" at the Carrington RTA in Newcastle and the earliest booking was Dec 9th.....its ridiculous.......

almost there, another 10days :)

stoj19
28-11-2008, 09:44 PM
fark man you must be pissed off, my bro did mine in one day here in perth:)

almost there, another 10days :)

thanks for the kind words guys, lol still doesnt help.....I want to FEEL this VTEC POWER....been learning so much about honda's off these forums and really want to see it in action

but from just looking at the car sitting in my garage I fricken love it. So much BETTER than I expected, just wicked. simply wicked.

SuperSteve
29-11-2008, 03:51 PM
thanks for the kind words guys, lol still doesnt help.....I want to FEEL this VTEC POWER....been learning so much about honda's off these forums and really want to see it in action

but from just looking at the car sitting in my garage I fricken love it. So much BETTER than I expected, just wicked. simply wicked.

hahaha just wait mate. U gonna cream ur pants ! !

xtercii
29-11-2008, 06:26 PM
haha vtec is hugely overrated, if you are expecting big power experience you will be disappointed, only turbo will give you the rush...

Malenic1981
29-11-2008, 07:30 PM
I wouldn't say so mate, I drove my mates turbo cars and my bros skyline pleanty of time(all modded as well) but nothing gives you rush like high revving screaming vtec engine hehe, they may be a bit faster but I still prefer vtec, even few of my mates are thinking of swich from turbo to vtec

xtercii
29-11-2008, 07:40 PM
haha let the owner decide then...I am currently driving a k-swapped car and that's how I feel, even though I wouldn't exchange for any turbo car atm...

Malenic1981
29-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Hehe owner will make his own mind up, we all like different things, I love 8500rpm red line, when I drive turbo cars and I have to shift at 7K or lower it's just not fun:(

Philip Lee
29-11-2008, 09:57 PM
easy solution, buy both lol

EP3EVA
30-11-2008, 05:58 PM
yes....i got my JDM EP3 R( full stock) on Friday,...have say got enuff power..! Just a bit hard to drag due it so easy to spin the wheels even in try (BS RE040)...i think of the EP3 R is Bang for the FUN...and for turbo cars are bang for the Power??

but just have to get used the steering.! eg. i find my jdm AE86 Tureno(used to own) is better on steering make alot easy to jude! or maybe thats just be. anyway EP3 R such a sleeper!

all the best with your beloved EP3 R's

egads
30-11-2008, 08:25 PM
electric power steering sucks but you'll get used to it.

denrie
30-11-2008, 10:30 PM
anyone selling headers for EP3?? :p

SuperSteve
30-11-2008, 10:39 PM
anyone selling headers for EP3?? :p

haha ive been waiting around for someone to sell up >_< 2 expensive buying retail price for headers now

xtercii
01-12-2008, 07:13 AM
how does electric power steering feel?

denrie
01-12-2008, 07:17 AM
lol yeh i know everythings expensive for EP3...i dnt know how to explain how EPS feels but theres heaps of torque steer! lol

ekhybrid
01-12-2008, 11:57 AM
egads were u on elizabeth dr last night?

Mugen_B16B
01-12-2008, 01:00 PM
just wondering, when ep3's were imported ova to aus, were they taken apart for quaranteen or anything? ive noticed that some of my plastic bits on my door trims are broken and glued back, things making noises like there loose, only reason 1 pulled off the door trim was to put in some new speakers but its annoying to find that its been broken and not fixed properly or replaced, now i gotto go on ebay to look for the smallest things for the trim.....

stoj19
01-12-2008, 02:36 PM
just wondering, when ep3's were imported ova to aus, were they taken apart for quaranteen or anything? ive noticed that some of my plastic bits on my door trims are broken and glued back, things making noises like there loose, only reason 1 pulled off the door trim was to put in some new speakers but its annoying to find that its been broken and not fixed properly or replaced, now i gotto go on ebay to look for the smallest things for the trim.....

customs = dickheads.

EGBOY
01-12-2008, 02:51 PM
how does electric power steering feel?

definatley sh!t

denrie
01-12-2008, 03:31 PM
saw an EP3 at Richmond Rd. today with a Black/CF hood. anyone from here? :P

egads
01-12-2008, 06:11 PM
egads were u on elizabeth dr last night?

nope dont think that was me. i hardly drive it anymore, poor thing.

xtercii
01-12-2008, 06:22 PM
definatley sh!t

what does it mean by shit, like not responsive or precise or lack of road feel?

Seren1ty
01-12-2008, 08:01 PM
i saw 2 ep3r's this last wkend - 1 on parramatta rd parked at lights on sunday and other at rhodes shopping center on sat. Both about midday.

Steering isnt that bad - u just got to learn to feel wat the rest of the car is doing as u dont get as much through the wheel as u did before the digital era

denrie
01-12-2008, 08:05 PM
i saw 2 ep3r's this last wkend - 1 on parramatta rd parked at lights on sunday and other at rhodes shopping center on sat. Both about midday.

Steering isnt that bad - u just got to learn to feel wat the rest of the car is doing as u dont get as much through the wheel as u did before the digital era

lol that was me at rhodes shopping centre on sat...but i also saw another EP3 but not sure if it was you...

EP3EVA
01-12-2008, 08:06 PM
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Technical/eps.htm

EPS-more info about it

Seren1ty
01-12-2008, 08:24 PM
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Technical/eps.htm

EPS-more info about it

nice find