PDA

View Full Version : EP3 Type R

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Shinobi
21-09-2008, 01:23 AM
hey guys.. i need some advice on my ep3,

i just wanna ask about shifting from 1st to 2nd gear problem.what ive done so far to the car is bleed any air on the clutch, put mtf honda oil gear box slightly thin and finally have change the mounts to avid racing ones.but the problem still accurs when i redline the 1st gear to 2nd, it sometimes struggles to go in.I know the car drive beautiful under normal driving, any other gear goes in just fine.Is the any other symptom that i dunno of that you may know?.

thanks in advance,
Tof

SuperSteve
21-09-2008, 10:21 PM
hey guys.. i need some advice on my ep3,

i just wanna ask about shifting from 1st to 2nd gear problem.what ive done so far to the car is bleed any air on the clutch, put mtf honda oil gear box slightly thin and finally have change the mounts to avid racing ones.but the problem still accurs when i redline the 1st gear to 2nd, it sometimes struggles to go in.I know the car drive beautiful under normal driving, any other gear goes in just fine.Is the any other symptom that i dunno of that you may know?.

thanks in advance,
Tof

hmmmm best u talk to a trusted mechanic :thumbsup:

micka
21-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Second gear issue has been well documented in the UK with their CTRs... see civictype-r.co.uk for a fair bit of discussion on the "feature"/issue (registration is required).

Shinobi
22-09-2008, 09:49 AM
hmmmm best u talk to a trusted mechanic :thumbsup:

will do..hopefully he can find the problem. :thumbsup:

Second gear issue has been well documented in the UK with their CTRs... see civictype-r.co.uk for a fair bit of discussion on the "feature"/issue (registration is required).

Ive tried the link, found heaps of info from there, thx heaps much appreciated..

SuperSteve
22-09-2008, 07:56 PM
GL Shinobi :D

Let us know how u go mate

icecrm
23-09-2008, 06:42 PM
quick question, how do you bleed the clutch?

Philip Lee
24-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Shinobi, maybe you can try changing to a heavier gear knob first. they should shift much better.

Shinobi
24-09-2008, 05:00 PM
talked to my mechanic .. gonna try changing the clutch first, bought an ogura single plate clutch kit to be installed on monday..will let yous know then.If all fails..ill try your method phillip.:thumbsup:

stoj19
24-09-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm looking at getting some defi gauges (oil temp, oil pressure, and water temp) for my EP3

does anybody have some installed or pics of some? Since I dont have the car yet does everything light up red at night in the interior of the EP3?

thanks

Nepolian
25-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Hi guys, Im sellin up for a new project :(

Sad to leave the EP3 family but will stay Honda...somewhat :)

All parts and car forsale!

Parts - http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99038
Car- http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99039

egads
25-09-2008, 09:10 AM
sad to hear man, good luck with it. lots of tasty parts there.

Nepolian
25-09-2008, 09:14 AM
sad to hear man, good luck with it. lots of tasty parts there.

Thanks mans, its not all of it :)

ennavoli
25-09-2008, 09:17 AM
Sad to see it go... hope the spoon springs served you well.

What is next? S2000 or a honda bike?

Nepolian
25-09-2008, 09:22 AM
Sad to see it go... hope the spoon springs served you well.

What is next? S2000 or a honda bike?

Springs have served me very well, one of the better springs on the market :)

Wont let the cat out of the bag yet, but it'll be more of a purpose track/drag car for me to play with :)

SuperSteve
25-09-2008, 07:41 PM
dam nepolian ! ! i cant beleive it ! !

LIES LIES LIES ! ! !

sad to see u go mate thanks for the knowledge u have put in this ep3 thread, ive learnt some interesting stuff through ur posts cheers buddy. All the best mate

typercivic
25-09-2008, 09:29 PM
hmmm i hope i haven't started a trend here lol

sad to hear mate, Steve, your gonna have to step up ha ha

SuperSteve
25-09-2008, 09:44 PM
hmmm i hope i haven't started a trend here lol

sad to hear mate, Steve, your gonna have to step up ha ha

hahaha this is all ur fault typercivic ! ! !

Seren1ty
25-09-2008, 10:00 PM
farout - by the time i get mine im gonna be the only one left on here with an ep3! ... sswweeeett ;)

bennjamin
25-09-2008, 10:04 PM

i hear its a older civic with a older engine....

Nepolian
25-09-2008, 10:08 PM

Yeah, a EH with a ZC :p

Elwood
25-09-2008, 11:25 PM
I was thinking about selling up my dc2 and buying a EP.

I drove one for the first time tonight..

All i could say was oh my god!

Only thing i didnt like was the electric steering, doesnt have the steering feedback of the DC.

But im definitely sold :P

..That is all.

egads
25-09-2008, 11:44 PM

AH with a K in the back seat :thumbsup:

Philip Lee
26-09-2008, 11:11 AM
I was thinking about selling up my dc2 and buying a EP.

I drove one for the first time tonight..

All i could say was oh my god!

Only thing i didnt like was the electric steering, doesnt have the steering feedback of the DC.

But im definitely sold :P

..That is all.

haha go get one!!!

ps. spot on with the steering. i feel the same.

LD_Mart
30-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Type r cruise coming up...expect all you ep3 owners there
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99372

NightRyder
10-10-2008, 07:11 AM
Guys, Rego question to ask for those who reside in Sydney.

1. On your Rego sticker, what class of car does it say under "Shape"?
Hatch or Coupe?

2. What Compulsary Third Party (CTP) green slips are you guys with?
GIO?
Allianz?

No biggy, just curious.

Ta.

SuperSteve
10-10-2008, 10:04 AM
1. LOL my Rego Papers say SED

2. Im with Allianz because for me they gave me the cheapest quote

NightRyder
10-10-2008, 02:54 PM
Man, what is it with the the RTA, can't they make up their minds and define a proper class for our car...hehe...though I think it should be classed as a 'HATCH'.
I wonder with these variations of "Shape", does the cost of Rego differ?? :eek:

1. LOL my Rego Papers say SED

2. Im with Allianz because for me they gave me the cheapest quote

stoj19
10-10-2008, 02:57 PM
it is definitely a "hatch" isn't it?

it is classified as a "hot hatch" to be precise for example on Top gear. dam RTA

Seren1ty
10-10-2008, 04:41 PM
it is definitely a "hatch" isn't it?

it is classified as a "hot hatch" to be precise for example on Top gear. dam RTA

for your own sake dont start taking top gear as gospel - i knew this day would come...

either way the point is its a 3door hatch, and being a coupe or not depends on whether a 2 door car with a hatch is the same as a 2 door car with a boot (the hinge for the back door/boot is above or below the rear window).

stoj19
10-10-2008, 04:43 PM
lol ok well in my eyes it will always be a hot hatch (on forza 2 it is aswell lol)

Seren1ty
10-10-2008, 04:47 PM
lol ok well in my eyes it will always be a hot hatch (on forza 2 it is aswell lol)

lol i wont even mention forza 2's level of legit... hehe

SuperSteve
10-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Man, what is it with the the RTA, can't they make up their minds and define a proper class for our car...hehe...though I think it should be classed as a 'HATCH'.
I wonder with these variations of "Shape", does the cost of Rego differ?? :eek:

o yeah i wonder if different body shapes have different rego prices

egads
10-10-2008, 05:53 PM
narh i doubt it. its got more to do with the weight.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/otherinformation/registrationfees.html?rlid=7

Nepolian
12-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Hi Paul,

Go here and have a look!

http://www.greenslips.com.au/green-slips-cost-comparison.html

Another thing guys,

As most of you know, After 14mths of fun in the EP3, Im moving on and selling it.

Ive had great dealings with most of you and will stay on the OH team :)

Heads up, I have these forsale, Its not in my forsale posts yet :)

1) Modded intake with 64mm throttle body, P2R thermal gaskets and P2R power plenum. This give the car a little more mid range and response....

2) Toda C cams, springs and Kpro....

3) AVID engine mounts....a must for modded EP3 to stop wheel hopping when drag/tracking!

PM me for more details :)

bradb16a
12-10-2008, 06:34 PM
toda c spec and kpro all mine

denot
13-10-2008, 12:28 PM
why is ppl who drive EP3R only keep them for less than 2 years? are they THAT bad???

Shaun
13-10-2008, 12:35 PM
hrrm anyone selling an EP3 wanna swap for an EVO 3 come talk to me!

Seren1ty
13-10-2008, 12:46 PM
why is ppl who drive EP3R only keep them for less than 2 years? are they THAT bad???

<sarcasm>There are plenty more ppl NOT selling them too so with that logic it must make them da bomb rite ...... </sarcasm>

Nepolian
13-10-2008, 01:05 PM
why is ppl who drive EP3R only keep them for less than 2 years????

Why not?? Why do people change girlfriends, why do people buy new shoes????.........Why is grass green.......

are they THAT bad???

Theres nothing wrong with the EP3, quite the opposit! But Ive achieved what I want with it and want to move on to the next car ;)

denot
13-10-2008, 01:23 PM
^^^ ahhhh I see.. it just... ppl who drive EVOs (even worse for daily driving compare to the EP3R, IMO) keep their EVOs for more than most of EP3R driver... I'm just curious thats all... :p

Shaun
13-10-2008, 01:30 PM
this is true, for most people, once u go evo u never go back, but im open minded and like to expierence different things...variety is the spice to life ;)

SuperSteve
13-10-2008, 01:56 PM
this is true, for most people, once u go evo u never go back, but im open minded and like to expierence different things...variety is the spice to life ;)

i like a lil bit of variety in my spice life ;);)

micka
13-10-2008, 07:47 PM
I don't see why EP3 is seen as a "bad" daily driver. Sure the gear ratios are pretty short so you're constantly shifting during city driving, the suspension is pretty firm so navigating speed humps and bump roads is a little annoying, visibility is a little dodgy at times, the turning circle is a little average (it's slightly depressing to have to 3 point where the Queen Mary would comfortably be able to spin around).

However, they're fuel efficient if driven sensibly, there's a surprisingly large amount of room inside, plenty fast enough for every day driving/overtaking.

Change for the sake of change is one thing (and perfectly understandable), but I'd never get rid of an EP3 because it's a bad daily driver.

SuperSteve
13-10-2008, 08:43 PM
i drive my ep3 34km a day monday to friday and i love driving it. No complaints over here. Even on weekends sometimes i find excuses just to go out and take the car for a drive lol. Sad indeed

Nepolian
13-10-2008, 08:52 PM
Who the hell started all this sh*t about the EP3 being a bad daily driver..........obviously by someone who's never driven one.!

Its no different to driving a sportivo of a golf around....etc

Micka, I find that the short ratios make the car easy to drive......change gears less often.

I shift more when I drive a 5 speeder :)

Seren1ty
13-10-2008, 09:44 PM
i drive my ep3 34km a day monday to friday and i love driving it. No complaints over here. Even on weekends sometimes i find excuses just to go out and take the car for a drive lol. Sad indeed

That's not sad ... buyin a rare focused piece of engineering with a Honda 'R' on the grill and not finding an excuse to drive it, now that's sad ... i pity tha foo

denot
14-10-2008, 12:13 AM
Who the hell started all this sh*t about the EP3 being a bad daily driver..........obviously by someone who's never driven one.!

Micka, I find that the short ratios make the car easy to drive......change gears less often.

I shift more when I drive a 5 speeder :)

wow! hopefuly not me!!! If its coz of my comments, then sorry for the missunderstanding... I was being SARCASTIC coz I just confused why ppl intend to sell the EP3R after only a 10-20k on the clock... there are more EVO VII selling atm with 50k plus plus than EP3R with 40k plus on the clock... Me myself love the car and would keep it till 100k++ before I sell it (just doesnt really fancy the hatchback)

Philip Lee
14-10-2008, 09:41 AM

no way man. Golfs (even GTI/R32) are so much softer then our EP. they're miles apart. i quite enjoy having both and i love both depends on my mood.

Seren1ty
14-10-2008, 06:47 PM
no way man. Golfs (even GTI/R32) are so much softer then our EP. they're miles apart. i quite enjoy having both and i love both depends on my mood.

Someone who owns both? which one's quicker off the line and which one once goin through the gears? Road holding much different between them?

Nepolian
14-10-2008, 07:26 PM

Point Im simply making is that it is no harder to drive. Ofcourse there will be differences as both cars are aimed at different markets.

Put it this way, I have a loudish exhaust, firmish ride with spoon springs and my wife does not complain....thrust me, she is a very good indicator of whats not comfortable! .....especially considering that she hated my mildly modded GTR ...... :(

Peace out......!

SuperSteve
14-10-2008, 07:35 PM
from reading stats on both cars ep3 should b quicker 0-100

ep3 0-100 is 6.2secs and gti golf is 6.9secs (6.6 for the new limited edition gti golf)

SuperSteve
14-10-2008, 07:51 PM
hey guys are tanabe good quality parts ?? im looking at buying there rear sway bar off ebay hehe and also there other items

bodaas
14-10-2008, 07:57 PM
wow! hopefuly not me!!! If its coz of my comments, then sorry for the missunderstanding... I was being SARCASTIC coz I just confused why ppl intend to sell the EP3R after only a 10-20k on the clock... there are more EVO VII selling atm with 50k plus plus than EP3R with 40k plus on the clock... Me myself love the car and would keep it till 100k++ before I sell it (just doesnt really fancy the hatchback)

my opinion, maybe the maintainance, it makes peoples to sell their ep3,
or the rareness ep3 oem part, you could pay high price for the oem part itself
e.g if you accidently crash the rear, you will be damned

it could be similar to gtir owner's, some owner's i said if you have mechanical knowledge is good to owned one, if not, its gonna cost you a lot of money for maintainance,

edmbranch
15-10-2008, 10:09 AM
it's love ppl.. the love for the hi-revving engine.. the love for crisp handling.. the love for the red H badge/R badge...

i'd like to own an ep3 if i've have the chance to, and if i win some tatts :cool:... and i think the maintenance for the ep3r would be cheaper than maintaining say a bmw z4/golf gtr,r32..

Philip Lee
15-10-2008, 11:12 AM
Point Im simply making is that it is no harder to drive. Ofcourse there will be differences as both cars are aimed at different markets.

Put it this way, I have a loudish exhaust, firmish ride with spoon springs and my wife does not complain....thrust me, she is a very good indicator of whats not comfortable! .....especially considering that she hated my mildly modded GTR ...... :(

Peace out......!

EP3 definitely not hard to live with as a daily but a softer ride would be good for our crappy road tho ;)

Philip Lee
15-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Someone who owns both? which one's quicker off the line and which one once goin through the gears? Road holding much different between them?

my GTI is a dsg and as a street car i'd say it's easier to go quick than EP.

with standing start, you can achieve the same time (nearly) everytime with launch control on the Golf and it will be harder to do that in EP but obviously more fun in the EP. and with the 6.2 sec quoted, i guess u need to dump the clutch to achieve that.

road holding is awesome in both cars. but EP is too bumpy as a street car. both resist understeer pretty well however u can definitely feel the LSD working in the EP (which GTI lacks).

overall, EP is more fun to drive (more involving) and a better track car while GTI is a better performance car for street driving.

Seren1ty
15-10-2008, 11:45 AM
Nice! Thanks for the tidy comparison - its priceless getting this info from someone who owns and understands both cars.

So the ep3 keeps you on your toes more? I guess I like that, but is it still confidence inspiring say in some twisty mountain roads for example?

Philip Lee
15-10-2008, 01:02 PM
So the ep3 keeps you on your toes more? I guess I like that, but is it still confidence inspiring say in some twisty mountain roads for example?

yes no doubt, as long as the road isn't too bumpy.

GTI is more relaxed to drive while EP is more focused.

oh 1 more thing i forgot. i find the stock brake on EP pretty ordinary. GTI ones are better but seems too sensitive initially.

SuperSteve
15-10-2008, 01:14 PM
yes no doubt, as long as the road isn't too bumpy.

GTI is more relaxed to drive while EP is more focused.

oh 1 more thing i forgot. i find the stock brake on EP pretty ordinary. GTI ones are better but seems too sensitive initially.

yeah the civics got jipped in japan >_< i wish they came with the brembo brakes like the dc5r did :(

stoj19
15-10-2008, 02:31 PM
and the vivid red brembo's would look insane under the white rims and finish off the whole RED badge look.....:eek:

wow, do they come on all four wheels on the DC5 stock? thats sick...

oh and just curiously where abouts/who complies 2005 EP3's most of the guys only do the 2001-2004 non-facelift model? thanks

Shaun
15-10-2008, 02:53 PM
if i get an ep3 id do the dc5 brembo conversion, i think from memory u need to swap that lower arms and u also get a slightly wider track. if not id get Spoon or Endless calipar upgrade

SuperSteve
15-10-2008, 04:13 PM
i talked to someone with a ep3 and he had spoon brakes and said they arent really worth the money. U can get the same braking feel from some good brake pads on the stock. He sold his spoon and bought this ap brand brake pads and said they were the bomb. But i dont know, if i have the money ill get the brembo

bodaas
15-10-2008, 04:21 PM
it's love ppl.. the love for the hi-revving engine.. the love for crisp handling.. the love for the red H badge/R badge...

i'd like to own an ep3 if i've have the chance to, and if i win some tatts :cool:... and i think the maintenance for the ep3r would be cheaper than maintaining say a bmw z4/golf gtr,r32..

i would get one if i was easy thinkng like you

Philip Lee
15-10-2008, 04:32 PM
oh and just curiously where abouts/who complies 2005 EP3's most of the guys only do the 2001-2004 non-facelift model? thanks

Shogun does.

detail: http://www.raws.com.au/SEVSRulingC.asp?RulingID=410

Shaun
15-10-2008, 04:44 PM
DC5R brembo calipars aprox $644 in a shipping conatainer to Melbourne

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w30807534

Spoon monoque calipars (twin piston or 4 piston? not sure) approx $2650 in shipping conatainer

http://page12.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/p126140355

Endless 6pot compact calipar approx $4630 shipped

http://page15.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/t90924473

i think the aussie dollar is hurting imported parts at the moment but there you go. dunno if some ozhonda vendors might be able to do better. a used set of DC5R brembos are cheapest by far, although u will have to spend a little more changing over some suspension componants to DC5R. I had a look at the pics of front and rear DC5R packages, the rears did not look like brembos, they might be just painted red to match the fronts but im not 100% sure

stoj19
15-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Shogun does.

detail: http://www.raws.com.au/SEVSRulingC.asp?RulingID=410

wow thanks, for some reason I have only been using:

http://raws.dotars.gov.au/rawswebpublic/RAWPubSearch.asp

and its crap compared to the one you gave me, cheers

egads
15-10-2008, 05:29 PM

IMG do

http://www.internationalmotorgroup.com.au/

stoj19
15-10-2008, 05:33 PM
IMG do

http://www.internationalmotorgroup.com.au/

thanks, they seem much harder to find in Japan Land. roughly how much FOB price do they go for? like 1,500,000?

typercivic
15-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Got my 05 complied by IMG, did a great job.

The high grade 05's(4.5+) go for closer to 2 mill FOB for a low k car and with exchange rate it's not worth it at the moment, hold off or buy something here.

stoj19
15-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Got my 05 complied by IMG, did a great job.

The high grade 05's(4.5+) go for closer to 2 mill FOB for a low k car and with exchange rate it's not worth it at the moment, hold off or buy something here.

crap 2mill....lol all ready got a 2002 EP3 on its way (on the ship at the moment) just I saw the pics of your 05 Ep3 for sale and loved the look of the HID's, carbon trim and black and red recaros...thought I made the wrong move buying the 02 model, but im sure in a few weeks I will been ripping in the EP3 2002 :D can't wait. will definitely post some pics lol

Frost_FD
15-10-2008, 06:31 PM
I saw your car on sale Typercivic, my bro is interested but abit too expensive for ep3.
I guess thats how much you have to pay for a 05 model

typercivic
15-10-2008, 07:53 PM
stoj19, you will love the car, great fun to drive.

Frost_FD, i am going in for surgery in 2 weeks and won't be able to drive for 2 months at least which sucks, that's why gotta get rid of it, will be an awesome car for whoever gets it, even IMG said it's the best ep3 they have seen condition wise.

SuperSteve
15-10-2008, 08:18 PM
yeah ur car typercivic does look pretty clean :( lucky u

stoj19
15-10-2008, 08:49 PM
yeah ur car typercivic does look pretty clean :( lucky u

seconded

Shaun
15-10-2008, 08:53 PM
thirded

SuperSteve
15-10-2008, 09:25 PM
dam im getting excited just looking at it

typercivic
16-10-2008, 01:13 AM
ha ha thanks guys, have had a lot of comments from people on the street etc about it as well, car speaks for itself. Car has had the very best treatment as well as I am a car detailer :) so only the best products etc have been used.

Philip Lee
16-10-2008, 10:00 AM
^ great car no doubt but it's now back to stock lolol.

stoj19
16-10-2008, 01:18 PM
^ great car no doubt but it's now back to stock lolol.

lol. what did you have before typercivic? just the usual, intake and exhaust?

Philip Lee
16-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Gruppe M CAI + RM01A

stoj19
16-10-2008, 02:59 PM
Gruppe M CAI + RM01A

ahk very nice.

typercivic
16-10-2008, 04:52 PM
yeh just the usual basic bolt on stuff.

egads
16-10-2008, 06:55 PM
the best proven bolt ons!

Seren1ty
16-10-2008, 08:55 PM
Who did you guys use to do your independant car inspection on your EP3R before you bought it?

Did anyone use State Roads (http://www.stateroads.com.au/) and were you happy with the report and its detail?

micka
16-10-2008, 09:18 PM
I've used state roads for a vehicle repot... they provided a 5 page report within a few hours of the inspection as well as a phone report after they do the inspection. pretty good detail, and seem pretty reliable :)

SuperSteve
16-10-2008, 09:26 PM
i got state roads to do my inspection and they were bloody spot on. Report tells u everything. They even test the paint to make sure that its still the factory paint and they can tell with that if its been in any major accidents etc. I recommend

Seren1ty
17-10-2008, 08:34 AM
Nice! Thnx for the feedback guys, IMG recommends them too - so looks like most people are happy with IMG and the companies they work with (i.e. State Roads). Good to know :D

While we're on the subject of experiences, anyone purchased alarm/immobiliser systems from TRIK VECHICLE ELECTRONICS (http://www.trik.com.au/)? They seem like good prices and the guy, think it was James, seems to know his stuff pretty well.

egads
17-10-2008, 08:54 AM
did IMG recommend him to you? top bloke at decent prices, along with the 3pt immobiliser certificate to show your insurer incase of theft.

Seren1ty
17-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Yeah actually they did :p

Again good to hear people have had good experiences with the guys IMG recommends.

Has anyone had false alarms with their motion detectors / shock sensors, especially if you got ur security system from Trik, but also just in general?

SuperSteve
17-10-2008, 12:51 PM
yeah the IMG guys are great. I bought my car through them and i had no dramas with them and they werent pushy or rushy at all. Also there is a hot chick that works there aswell man ! ! *drools*

sai_ANN
17-10-2008, 01:45 PM
^ *groans* you've said that...how many times now? LOL...

but yes...highly recommend IMG...got mine through them too...nice and down to earth...not pushy like other car dealers...

stoj19
17-10-2008, 02:15 PM
yeah the IMG guys are great. I bought my car through them and i had no dramas with them and they werent pushy or rushy at all. Also there is a hot chick that works there aswell man ! ! *drools*

lol. it doesnt stop about her, and we have never seen evidence to support

Philip Lee
17-10-2008, 03:47 PM
where are the pic of the receiptionist????
LOL

egads
17-10-2008, 07:01 PM
well if youve been to IMG you would know lol

plus the GTRRRR

SuperSteve
18-10-2008, 12:12 AM
o yeah the r34 vspec 2's are in there aswell as evo 9 mr's *drools* o and did i mention the chick that works there *DROOOOLLLZZZZ*

Philip Lee
18-10-2008, 10:13 AM
well if youve been to IMG you would know lol

plus the GTRRRR

if i live in syd.....

stoj19
18-10-2008, 02:26 PM
o yeah the r34 vspec 2's are in there aswell as evo 9 mr's *drools* o and did i mention the chick that works there *DROOOOLLLZZZZ*

take pics of all!! lol

icecrm
19-10-2008, 02:24 AM
i know this may be noob question, trying to locate the clutch master cylinder.....HELP!!!
please

SuperSteve
19-10-2008, 08:58 AM
i downloaded our cars original manual book and you just open it with adobe reader. Im just trying to find where i downloaded it from but i cant find it :S I will post link when i find it

SuperSteve
19-10-2008, 08:59 AM
found it ! ! u need bit torrent program to download it

http://www.mininova.org/tor/365628

egads
19-10-2008, 09:30 AM
is that the jdm, ukdm or usdm?

because ive got the one for america and canada

SuperSteve
19-10-2008, 09:42 AM
yeah its the us and canada book i just read the intro :(

icecrm
19-10-2008, 10:18 AM
thanks steve

its asking for a password

icecrm
19-10-2008, 10:20 AM
dont worry got it working

SuperSteve
19-10-2008, 10:38 AM
nps mate. Even though its the us civic it still gives u some sort of idea so gl mate :)

icecrm
19-10-2008, 11:45 AM
yeah had a look and kinda hard to get to so......

taking the car to hanny's next weekend anyway so might get him to do it

Shaun
19-10-2008, 11:49 AM
is the K20 engine hard to get around? i mean the whole thing is like back to front! does it make things more confusing/awkward?

egads
19-10-2008, 11:57 AM
yeah had a look and kinda hard to get to so......

taking the car to hanny's next weekend anyway so might get him to do it

whats wrong with it? leak?

jazzyphaye
19-10-2008, 12:24 PM
dream car (L) (L)

icecrm
19-10-2008, 01:10 PM
no leak

was just told should bleed the clutch as i am having troubles shifting from 1-2 when giving it a hit
might be air in there

just wanted to give it a try

bradb16a
19-10-2008, 03:41 PM
look in DIY

EG5
19-10-2008, 04:02 PM
no leak

was just told should bleed the clutch as i am having troubles shifting from 1-2 when giving it a hit
might be air in there

just wanted to give it a try

bleeding clutch fluid is real easy.

n5920787
19-10-2008, 06:02 PM
Hi Guys!

I'm new to this forum & I just recently bought my first car, an EP3 & I must say i'm loving it.
I know nothing about cars except to drive them, so hopefully you guys can assist me in the future along the way.
I look forward to participating in this thread & I'll post pics of my car soon.

Seren1ty
19-10-2008, 08:47 PM
^ Welcome aboard the vtec train, non-stop express to 9000 ;)

Wat year an colour? Hope to see pics soon =)

typercivic
19-10-2008, 09:45 PM
n5920787, welcome to the forum and i am sure you will enjoy the car.

Had mine up for sale as i wasn't driving it and decided to drive it in the last couple of days and have now pulled it off the market, don't know what i was thinking ha ha and this is back in stock form compared to what it was.

SuperSteve
19-10-2008, 09:53 PM

Had mine up for sale as i wasn't driving it and decided to drive it in the last couple of days and have now pulled it off the market, don't know what i was thinking ha ha and this is back in stock form compared to what it was.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

took u long enough mate ! ! ! u finally come to ur sences ! !:):)

Malenic1981
20-10-2008, 01:29 AM
Hehe are you getting some new parts now??

typercivic
20-10-2008, 03:01 AM
Steve, yeh it took a while lol

Lj, will keep it stock, would put parts back on if i still had them but now that i have sold them will keep the car stock even though nowhere near as much fun and sell the car in a little while.

Seren1ty
20-10-2008, 08:22 AM

ha ha thats gold mate - good to hear. Guess we better give u a big welcome, of course with you being new and all ;)

Philip Lee
20-10-2008, 10:03 AM
Wise move typercivic. i guess with the weak AUD, this is just the most logical decision.

i hope your knees are ok to enjoy the EP fully.

stoj19
20-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Hi Guys!

I'm new to this forum & I just recently bought my first car, an EP3 & I must say i'm loving it.
I know nothing about cars except to drive them, so hopefully you guys can assist me in the future along the way.
I look forward to participating in this thread & I'll post pics of my car soon.

hurry up and get here EP3......:( and complied etc...:(

Philip Lee
20-10-2008, 04:34 PM
^ the waiting game is part of the "fun" lol

SuperSteve
20-10-2008, 09:55 PM
hahahaha dam that waiting game ! ! feels like u will never win ! !

Shaun
21-10-2008, 12:07 AM
Steve, yeh it took a while lol

Lj, will keep it stock, would put parts back on if i still had them but now that i have sold them will keep the car stock even though nowhere near as much fun and sell the car in a little while.

damn must be annoying as hell selling off your goods then deciding to keep your car! haha oh well. say someone came to you with an offer though...would u still take it?

typercivic
21-10-2008, 12:37 AM
Shaun, yeh if someone came to me and offered a decent amount and was a reasonable offer would def take it as going in for surgery soon so it will just be sitting here for 2 months, just paid rego today and having it serviced on thursday as well before i go under the knife.

Is a bit frustrating selling parts then keeping it but at least the parts are staying together and are going to be on a good car with a good owner that I know so not so bad.

bungsai
21-10-2008, 01:01 AM
Hey guys.

Im looking at getting an EP3.

I currently own a DC5R, could anyone let me know what mods i can transfer? Below is a list of what i have.

Headers
Intake (gruppe M)
Exhaust
Engine Torque Damper
Coilovers
Rear sway bar and reinforcment kit
Front Strut brace
Upgraded front calipers and rotors
HID's

Also, if anyone knows of one for sale in Vic, in CW, please let me know.

Cheers

egads
21-10-2008, 07:53 AM
should fit:
headers
coilovers (needs dc5r front tie rod ends and shaving).

wont fit:
gruppem different part no.
exhaust too long
engine torque damper different part no.
i think rear sway is same size as jdm dc5r (or is that the front)
front strut brace different part no.
xenon hid stock

Nepolian
21-10-2008, 08:55 AM
Hey guys.

Im looking at getting an EP3.

I currently own a DC5R, could anyone let me know what mods i can transfer? Below is a list of what i have.

Also, if anyone knows of one for sale in Vic, in CW, please let me know.

Cheers

Headers - Yes.....but it depends on what you have!
Intake (gruppe M) - No
Exhaust - No
Engine Torque Damper - No
Coilovers - Yes with mods
Rear sway bar and reinforcment kit - Yes.....also depends on what you have
Front Strut brace - No
Upgraded front calipers and rotors - Yes
HID's - No......should already have it...unless they change it for compliance!

Philip Lee
21-10-2008, 09:58 AM
for HID, if your car is a comfort package, then u should have it regardless of pre or post facelift. i think bulb is different for FL so it depends on what EP3 u buy.

for engine torque damper, you might be able to get some brackets made up.

Seren1ty
21-10-2008, 11:13 AM
As an immobiliser is needed for an EP3 before it can be insured - Just throwing a general question out there about alarms with shock and / or motion sensors.

Has anyone had a case where their alarm has been set off by something other than a thief? Eg. Passing truck, someone bumping into the car at the shopping center (in car or person form), etc.

bungsai
21-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Headers - Yes.....but it depends on what you have!
Intake (gruppe M) - No
Exhaust - No
Engine Torque Damper - No
Coilovers - Yes with mods
Rear sway bar and reinforcment kit - Yes.....also depends on what you have
Front Strut brace - No
Upgraded front calipers and rotors - Yes
HID's - No......should already have it...unless they change it for compliance!

Headers - Toda
Coils - Endless Function XS - what kind of mods are we talking about here?
RSB - Progress adjustable 22-24mm with endlinks

Are the brakes on the ep3 exactly the same setup as the audm 5r?

thanks again.

stoj19
21-10-2008, 02:38 PM
so do alll JDM EP3's come with HID's from Japan Land? The headlights look much nicer in the facelifted 2005 models, I thought that these were the only ones that were HID's. Thats awesome will make sure my 2002 EP3's HID's dont get taken during compliancing.

cheers

Seren1ty
21-10-2008, 02:49 PM
2004 model is also face lift, was the first year to get the new look / parts

Philip Lee
21-10-2008, 05:18 PM
not all JDM EP3 has HID standard, only C package (comfort) has it but u'll find that the majority of the cars are c package.

regardless pre or post FL, HIDs are standard on C package. only FL has projector lens, pre FL has reflectors.

egads
21-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Coils - Endless Function XS - what kind of mods are we talking about here?

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1700551&postcount=477

stoj19
21-10-2008, 08:38 PM
not all JDM EP3 has HID standard, only C package (comfort) has it but u'll find that the majority of the cars are c package.

regardless pre or post FL, HIDs are standard on C package. only FL has projector lens, pre FL has reflectors.

ahk, thank you

micka
21-10-2008, 09:26 PM
As an immobiliser is needed for an EP3 before it can be insured - Just throwing a general question out there about alarms with shock and / or motion sensors.

Has anyone had a case where their alarm has been set off by something other than a thief? Eg. Passing truck, someone bumping into the car at the shopping center (in car or person form), etc.
AFAIK (i.e. as explained by installer) to meet australian standards an alarm/immobiliser needs to have 3 point immobilisation, automatic re-arm, and possibly other criteria.

My alarm occasionally goes of when its really, really windy. Depending on the specific alarm you can adjust the sensitivity.

Seren1ty
22-10-2008, 03:00 PM
thanks for the feedback micka, will have to just try a few settings and see how it goes.

Elwood
22-10-2008, 04:57 PM
Gday fellas..

Anyone run 15's on their EP with semi slicks for the circuit? or semi's at all?

Im thinking 15" may be too small for them?

Nepolian
22-10-2008, 06:53 PM
Gday fellas..

Anyone run 15's on their EP with semi slicks for the circuit? or semi's at all?

Im thinking 15" may be too small for them?

You think right!

You might find it hard to clear the front brakes!

Have to go 16's

stoj19
22-10-2008, 08:30 PM
oooohhhh EP3 track days, Im keen when I get mine hahaha. I am sure they are alot of fun. where abouts does everyone go? since I am new to the ozhonda community do we have EP3 track days at like oran?

stoj19
23-10-2008, 06:16 AM
sorry just another question, looking to get some volk lock nuts for my EP3.

What size thread do I need? and is there anything else I have to look out for?

I am looking to get similar ones to these
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=360090975873&Category=42614&_trksid=p3907.m29

Not actually getting them from there, but its just an example

thanks

egads
23-10-2008, 08:55 AM
same as all hondas.

m12 x 1.5

Philip Lee
23-10-2008, 10:19 AM
sorry just another question, looking to get some volk lock nuts for my EP3.

What size thread do I need? and is there anything else I have to look out for?

I am looking to get similar ones to these
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=360090975873&Category=42614&_trksid=p3907.m29

Not actually getting them from there, but its just an example

thanks

i hope u're not putting them on stock wheel.....

stoj19
23-10-2008, 02:37 PM
lol why not? I saw them on a stock S2K rim on here and they looked very nice. I don't actually have the EP3 yet so I am not sure what they would look like on them but I thought they would look nice? I must be wrong, very wrong

bungsai
23-10-2008, 02:50 PM
because they dont seat against the rims properly.

Aftermarket lugs use tapered seats whilst stock honda rims use ball seats.

they may FAIL if you use aftermarket lugs with stock rims as the point of contact with the rim is not 100&#37;

stoj19
23-10-2008, 03:37 PM
argh bugger! thanks for letting me know, really appreciate it. how come I saw the S2k on stock rims with lock nuts? the person is taking a risk? lol

Philip Lee
23-10-2008, 03:48 PM
^ i'd say so.

it can be dangerous so i wouldn't take the risk.

stoj19
23-10-2008, 07:19 PM
^ i'd say so.

it can be dangerous so i wouldn't take the risk.

yep, definitely won't be buying any for my stock rims. Thanks for saving me

Philip Lee
23-10-2008, 09:26 PM
no worries man. if u're interested there is a long thread (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89126) on this topic.

stoj19
24-10-2008, 06:41 AM
no worries man. if u're interested there is a long thread (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89126) on this topic.

read it last night thanks, somebody had linked it in the S2K thread where I originally saw the lock nuts on the stock rims

n5920787
25-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Hi Guys,

I think this thread is starving for pix, so here it is as. My 2002 JDM EP3.
I'm a noob when it comes to cars, so hope you guys can help me out in the future.

I was close to getting a WRX but the feeling of hitting that VTEC zone, can't really describe it, just blew me away & thats where I knew I had to get this car.

This car is going to take me to 2 years to pay off. I'm currently studying full time at Uni & working full time to pay off this car. Don't ask me how I can do both but i think it's all worth it.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/968/85630101mt0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/9706/77045310yb7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/4008/50502194ge2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/7695/87758448cp6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/9338/79664485ae7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/7027/27544818qb2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/4416/exahustpg2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/7380/24510979cm4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Shaun
25-10-2008, 08:02 PM
ooh very nice! buddyclub bar looks good!

saw an EP3 in the city last night...i had evil thoughts of jacking him for his ride! hahaha had CF bonnet and red custom plates "EP3R" anyone here?

sai_ANN
25-10-2008, 08:57 PM
^ i'm pretty sure it's 'yellow' custom plates...i know him...but i don't think he's on the forum... :)

iversonruls
25-10-2008, 09:30 PM
^ i'm pretty sure it's 'yellow' custom plates...i know him...but i don't think he's on the forum... :)

he is but he just doesnt post much except doin his business :p

egads
25-10-2008, 11:48 PM
is that the buddyclub one

SuperSteve
26-10-2008, 12:00 AM
hehehe i know that car shaun. That car is the sexiest ep3 ive seen yet. My jaw dropped when i saw it. Hurry up and get a ep3 shaun ! ! ! haha

icecrm
26-10-2008, 01:59 AM
i actually saw ep3r today the plates are yello as saianne said

edmbranch
26-10-2008, 07:16 AM
ooh very nice! buddyclub bar looks good!

saw an EP3 in the city last night...i had evil thoughts of jacking him for his ride! hahaha had CF bonnet and red custom plates "EP3R" anyone here?

any chance that car's from melbourne? there's an ep3r appearing in south-east melbourne with the ep3r red customized plate.. very nice car too.. drools.

stoj19
26-10-2008, 11:56 AM
what is so nice about it? its an EP3 :p

sai_ANN
26-10-2008, 09:12 PM
any chance that car's from melbourne? there's an ep3r appearing in south-east melbourne with the ep3r red customized plate.. very nice car too.. drools.

LOL...could be...depends on where shaun is located...but there's one with plates EP3R in sydney too... :p

SuperSteve
26-10-2008, 11:26 PM
yeah shaun is from melbourne i looked at the very first page of this thread hehehe

kriZy
27-10-2008, 10:29 AM
hey n5920787,

did you get the car imported like that?
how many kms and what did it cost you?

thanks.

stoj19
27-10-2008, 02:47 PM
hey n5920787,

did you get the car imported like that?
how many kms and what did it cost you?

thanks.

would of sucked to put back to stock if you did to comply

Shaun
27-10-2008, 03:45 PM
yeh im from Melbourne and the plates were definatly red! i remember specifically coz it looked good coz it tied in with the whole red honda badge theme

sai_ANN
27-10-2008, 06:37 PM
yeh im from Melbourne and the plates were definatly red! i remember specifically coz it looked good coz it tied in with the whole red honda badge theme

LOL...a double up was bound to happen...EP3R is a pretty obvious number plate for the car... :p

NightRyder
27-10-2008, 08:22 PM
Hey all,
I'm back from overseas and now back on OH regularly. So what's been happening with this EP3 thread?...I see we have new EP3 owners...woohoo!!..hehehe

Welcome aboard to those newcomers and hope to meet up you guys soon.

Gosh...good to be back and hope to attend another Meet! :)

SuperSteve
27-10-2008, 08:40 PM
welcome back NightRyder :D:D Nepolian said since his getting rid of the ep3 u have to organise the next ep3 meet *cough*

NightRyder
27-10-2008, 08:50 PM
What??...he's selling off his EP3?....need to have a word with the man.

Me?..organise?...but Nepolian organises better Meets than me!...How dare he hands over the reigns to me...hehehe...Grrrr!!

welcome back NightRyder :D:D Nepolian said since his getting rid of the ep3 u have to organise the next ep3 meet *cough*

sai_ANN
27-10-2008, 09:22 PM
^ LOL...

come on...man up and take up the challenge... :)

SuperSteve
27-10-2008, 10:04 PM
yeah NightRyder his selling up ! ! bloody outrage this is ! !

Hey guys i got some cool new rad hoses for my car. I bought these because i bought a new induction hose and it pushed my rad hoses right up next to the battery and the rad hose rubbed against the plastic around the battery and got a lil damaged. So im replacing it with these (hehe good excuse to upgrade)
http://www.zenaracing.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=519_540_541&products_id=10000760

also does anyone know how much mm is the jdm rear sway bar ?? im thinking of upgrading to a 22mm tanabe sway bar from ebay :D

icecrm
27-10-2008, 10:44 PM
yeah man up

i'll be second contact if you want hahahha

thats all im good at

stoj19
28-10-2008, 06:15 AM

Hey guys i got some cool new rad hoses for my car. I bought these because i bought a new induction hose and it pushed my rad hoses right up next to the battery and the rad hose rubbed against the plastic around the battery and got a lil damaged. So im replacing it with these (hehe good excuse to upgrade)
http://www.zenaracing.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=519_540_541&products_id=10000760

also does anyone know how much mm is the jdm rear sway bar ?? im thinking of upgrading to a 22mm tanabe sway bar from ebay :D

Pictures of induction hose + intake setup please:D

NightRyder
28-10-2008, 06:51 AM
Who asked you to comment Sai..ANN!! :P hehehe :D

^ LOL...

come on...man up and take up the challenge... :)

You too Jim!!..hahahah :D

yeah man up

i'll be second contact if you want hahahha

thats all im good at

Steve, this is a sad moment for all the regular EP3 owners and this thread...*shakes head*

Nepolian, if you get this message I pledge to take on the reigns of which you have held for some (short!) time and even though you have ceased to own the notorious black sheep of us all we hope that you will still remain an allegiance to this thread. AMEN!...or other else.!... :)

icecrm
28-10-2008, 09:13 AM
well i was a tight ass and i am now part black sheep.......

only certain parts of the car are black

Seren1ty
28-10-2008, 01:23 PM
ill be an official new ep3r owner later this week - cant wait to get it out on the road! Im also hoping someone decides to organise the next meet lol

icecrm
28-10-2008, 01:44 PM
i mean how hard could it be

i wouldnt mind organising if i got some input from you guys ie

cruise, meet, dyno day

where when

i guess i have just taken on the responsibility aye hahaha

lets do it

Philip Lee
28-10-2008, 03:08 PM
Have a mega cruise up sunny QLD so i can join in LOL

icecrm
28-10-2008, 03:14 PM
LOL

u can pay for all our petrol hahahha

does anyone know what bulbs ep3's use for interior lights??

i have manual at home but im at work

stoj19
28-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Have a mega cruise up sunny QLD so i can join in LOL

nah mega cruise in Newcastle :thumbsup: I will definitely join once I get my EP3 :p

NightRyder
28-10-2008, 05:18 PM
Hehe...you guys are funny. I'm happy to organise one some time but not just yet. Don't let me stop you other folks to organise one!.. :D

SuperSteve
28-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Yeah i dont mind organising one aswell aslong as u guys are ready for a crap day hahaha jokes it would b a super dooper day bring the family and kids fellas ! !

denrie
28-10-2008, 08:02 PM
tell me when the next meet is! lol

SuperSteve
29-10-2008, 07:51 PM
hey guys ! im going to track my car 2moro and 2night i was checking my oil levels (first time ive done it) sorry for newby question but how do u read the dip stick :S all it has is 2 holes and the rest of it is smooth so i cant tell where the oil is up to. sorry for newby question guys hehehehe

egads
29-10-2008, 07:54 PM
oil level should be in between the 2 holes. top/highest hole is max oil level, and the other hole is min. oil level. i find it hard to see the oil sometimes aswell due to lighting. if you cant see the oil, touch it?

SuperSteve
29-10-2008, 07:59 PM
ahhh ok den ill try touching it then. Im having the problem where i cant see where the oil is at aswell. My old car had the lil slits in it so u could tell that way but with the ep3 dipstick its just smooth :\

SuperSteve
31-10-2008, 09:10 PM
hey guys i topped up my engine oil 2day after tracking my car yesterday and because the dip stick is hard to read i went over the top hole and i think ive overfilled the engine a lil. Is it ok ?? will the excess just burn off ??

typercivic
03-11-2008, 07:14 PM
So I kinda sold my ep3 today and well, hmmm i want it again ha ha.

damn it's always like that.

SuperSteve
03-11-2008, 08:21 PM

WHATTTTTT !?!?!?!

2day is another sad day for ep3 ozhonda owners :( sad to hear u sold ur sexy beast nav

*cough* got anymore parts for me *cough* :D

typercivic
03-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Steve, it is a sad day, i really miss it and it has been like 7 hours lol

*cough* you already took them all *cough*

stoj19
03-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Steve, it is a sad day, i really miss it and it has been like 7 hours lol

*cough* you already took them all *cough*

what about the mugen pedals which I just saw on the photos of your epic facelift ep3? did they go too, or were they already sold? i just fell in love with them :p

just curiously, how much did you get for it? (you don't have to answer if you do not wish to :D)

thanks

sai_ANN
03-11-2008, 09:46 PM

LOL...all good...what's next?

typercivic
03-11-2008, 10:48 PM
stoj19, the pedals went with the car. they are great pedals as long as you never try and drive with just socks on ha ha. I did once when i was halfway through putting on my shoes and well just don't lol. They came with the car from japan but i think they are around the $200 mark depending on exhange rate.

sai_ANN, mmm not too sure, weighing up a few different options, R34 Gtr Vspec, S2000 with work done to it or fully restored(everything) R32 Gtr.

the 34 when i drove one recently did feel big and heavy which put me off though. thoughts or experiences?

rather than starting a thread just for globes, i have a set of silvatec(look clear flash amber) rear indicator globes leftover i found when clearing my drawer today after the car went. Used for all off maybe 10 seconds as it was a second set and only put them in to test and then forgot about them. if anyone is interested please pm me.

p.s - mods/everyone: not looking to make money out of the globes and did not want to start a thread just for them so putting them here as they are the offset ones that suit ep3 so sorry if i am doing something wrong.

cheers

stoj19
04-11-2008, 06:10 AM
stoj19, the pedals went with the car. they are great pedals as long as you never try and drive with just socks on ha ha. I did once when i was halfway through putting on my shoes and well just don't lol. They came with the car from japan but i think they are around the $200 mark depending on exhange rate.

sai_ANN, mmm not too sure, weighing up a few different options, R34 Gtr Vspec, S2000 with work done to it or fully restored(everything) R32 Gtr.

the 34 when i drove one recently did feel big and heavy which put me off though. thoughts or experiences?

rather than starting a thread just for globes, i have a set of silvatec(look clear flash amber) rear indicator globes leftover i found when clearing my drawer today after the car went. Used for all off maybe 10 seconds as it was a second set and only put them in to test and then forgot about them. if anyone is interested please pm me.

p.s - mods/everyone: not looking to make money out of the globes and did not want to start a thread just for them so putting them here as they are the offset ones that suit ep3 so sorry if i am doing something wrong.

cheers

what about a very nice clean standard R33 silver with R34 rims :thumbsup: got one here.....oh wait you are in perth lol.

sai_ANN
04-11-2008, 07:43 AM

not a good idea to drive barefoot with it on either...unless you have itchy feet...LOL...

but yeah...i got mine for somewhere around $200...but then...that was when exchange rate was somewhere around $1AUD = 90-95yen...now...probably a little more...

Seren1ty
04-11-2008, 08:31 AM
Thats a shame youve moved on typercivic, but Im sure you'll find something to fill that void pretty soon, I hope its as engaging to drive thou...

I picked up my facelift EP3R last friday and already put a whole bunch of km's on it since then. Its such a dream to drive, so smooth and torguey when your just cruising and it really gets up and dances when you get into it. Love the handling too, very progressive and edgy at the same time.

Anyway its gold, and IMG are still doin a great job after the sale aswell so cant recommend them enough.

lukits01
04-11-2008, 09:30 AM

It went to a good home, mate.
We'll make sure the new owner uses it as intended ehehe
Turn him into a rev junkie before you know it

Philip Lee
04-11-2008, 09:48 AM
I picked up my facelift EP3R last friday and already put a whole bunch of km's on it since then.

pic or ban lol

Philip Lee
04-11-2008, 09:49 AM
sorry to see the car go typercivic.

GTRs are heavy and boring for everyday use, best to get another VTEC ie. s2k haha

Seren1ty
04-11-2008, 10:17 AM
pic or ban lol

lol no ban for me ;)

pics really dont do these things justice, seeing it in the flesh is a whole different story - but wat the hey...

EDIT: image available again on request

Shaun
04-11-2008, 10:21 AM
nicce!!! facelifted championship white! exactly what i want!

sai_ANN
04-11-2008, 10:40 AM
woo! i'm not the lone FL anymore... :)

time to update the owner list...where ever that is in the 1001 pages of this thread... :p

Seren1ty
04-11-2008, 10:45 AM

time to update the owner list...where ever that is in the 1001 pages of this thread... :p

lol found it :p

1 - NightRyder - CW (Syd)
2 - Super Steve - CW (Syd)
3 - p3p5y - NHB (Syd)
4 - Philip Lee - CW FL (Bne)
5 - sai_ANN - CW FL (Syd)
6 - typercivic - SS FL (WA)
7 - egads - CW (Syd)
8 - samsung001 - CW (Syd)
9 - Bongstyle - Milano Red (ACT)
10 - icecrm - CW (syd)
11 - Malenic1981-CW (WA)
12 - shinobi -BLK (Syd)
13 - Seren1ty - CW FL (Syd)

Any more updates out there?

typercivic
04-11-2008, 11:14 AM
It went to a good home, mate.
We'll make sure the new owner uses it as intended ehehe
Turn him into a rev junkie before you know it

ha ha thanks mate. I know it's gone to a good home but still want it back lol. Well if you get to him I don't think i will be able to recognise the car anymore :)

typercivic
04-11-2008, 11:15 AM
sorry to see the car go typercivic.

GTRs are heavy and boring for everyday use, best to get another VTEC ie. s2k haha

it isn't for everyday use, as a weekend car, which does change things i guess.

Philip Lee
04-11-2008, 11:36 AM

Since when have u been the lone FL? :wave:

Seren1ty
04-11-2008, 11:36 AM
nicce!!! facelifted championship white! exactly what i want!

thnx mate - so wats stoppin you atm?

Philip Lee
04-11-2008, 11:37 AM
1 - NightRyder - CW (Syd)
2 - Super Steve - CW (Syd)
3 - p3p5y - NHB (Syd)
4 - Philip Lee - CW FL (Bne)
5 - sai_ANN - CW FL (Syd)
6 - typercivic - SS FL (WA)
7 - egads - CW (Syd)
8 - samsung001 - CW (Syd)
9 - Bongstyle - Milano Red (ACT)
10 - icecrm - CW (syd)
11 - Malenic1981-CW (WA)
12 - shinobi -BLK (Syd)
13 - Seren1ty - CW FL (Syd)

Any more updates out there?

yeah 6 - typercivic - SS FL (WA) SOLD lol

Philip Lee
04-11-2008, 11:38 AM
lol no ban for me ;)

damn firewall can't see your pic.

will have a look at home tonight.

ekhybrid
04-11-2008, 11:40 AM
what brake pads u guys running?

ekhybrid
04-11-2008, 11:42 AM
any recommendations?

Shaun
04-11-2008, 11:55 AM
thnx mate - so wats stoppin you atm?

i own an evo 3 and my young business is draining my spare cash so cant afford an upgrade

lukits01
04-11-2008, 11:57 AM
it isn't for everyday use, as a weekend car, which does change things i guess.

Can I interest you in a 1991 NSX-T 150,000Km? :p

typercivic
04-11-2008, 01:07 PM
Can I interest you in a 1991 NSX-T 150,000Km? :p

ha ha nah i don't think so, considered that option but not for me.

thanks anyway

stoj19
04-11-2008, 04:34 PM
love the car Seren1ty :thumbsup: facelifts are so hot! the pics do justice trust me. i love the headlights and the bulging Red Honda badge. will have to get myself a facelift one day. only a week or two until I have my championship white 02 ep3!!!!

will have to be added to the list under newcastle very soon :D

SuperSteve
04-11-2008, 09:08 PM

Im still using the stock brakes. They held up pretty well at Wakiefield but i might upgrade to project mu for ive heard good things about them

awesome car Seren1ty :) and welcome :D NightRyder is going to organise a cruise hopefully soon so i hope u can make it haha Nice clean car btw.. i really want to buy facelift lights and put them in my car >_< typercivic we should have swapped headlights b4 u sold ur car hahahaha

Seren1ty
04-11-2008, 09:12 PM
love the car Seren1ty :thumbsup: facelifts are so hot! the pics do justice trust me. i love the headlights and the bulging Red Honda badge. will have to get myself a facelift one day. only a week or two until I have my championship white 02 ep3!!!!

will have to be added to the list under newcastle very soon :D

Thanks stoj19 - yeah you'll love ur ep3 mate ;)

i travel back to newcastle on occasion, good to see it getting its own full time representative lol

you should bring it to the civic type r meet on 15th of Nov if you get it in time :)

Seren1ty
04-11-2008, 09:21 PM
Im still using the stock brakes. They held up pretty well at Wakiefield but i might upgrade to project mu for ive heard good things about them

awesome car Seren1ty :) and welcome :D NightRyder is going to organise a cruise hopefully soon so i hope u can make it haha Nice clean car btw.. i really want to buy facelift lights and put them in my car >_< typercivic we should have swapped headlights b4 u sold ur car hahahaha

thanks steve, its great to be a part of the crew ;)

im keen for a cruise, especially the one on the 15th, think LDMart is organising it. Really want to be there but im kinda torn cause its either that or i take my car to my machanic to get my shinny new front H badge and new inside roof lining (thanks to the tool of a previous owner who didnt look after it in jap land).

Deff leaning towards the cruise thou :p

sai_ANN
04-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Since when have u been the lone FL? :wave:

whoops...forgot! :o

fine...lone FL EP3 who is able to turn up to a SYDNEY based meet... :p

i have Project Mu NR front and rear in mine...

bradb16a
05-11-2008, 04:57 AM
''what about me'' black ep3 mugen ...

bradb16a
05-11-2008, 04:58 AM
who got the biggest dyno number in the ep3 and what have they done ....

sai_ANN
05-11-2008, 07:37 AM
^ i'd say nepolian wins that game...

stoj19
05-11-2008, 07:51 AM
Thanks stoj19 - yeah you'll love ur ep3 mate ;)

i travel back to newcastle on occasion, good to see it getting its own full time representative lol

you should bring it to the civic type r meet on 15th of Nov if you get it in time :)

Yeah can't wait to Represent the EP3's in Newcastle haha.

Unfortunately don't think I will have it ready in time :( but will try my best. I would much rather to go to an all EP3 cruise anyway, hanging out for that one in the near future :thumbsup:

Philip Lee
05-11-2008, 07:56 AM
^ i'd say nepolian wins that game...

and i think he had CAI, header & exhaust and got around extra 15awkw.

icecrm
05-11-2008, 02:07 PM
im pretty sure he had kpro and cams aswell

Philip Lee
05-11-2008, 02:35 PM
^ oops forgot too.

SuperSteve
06-11-2008, 11:10 PM
Sorry if this has been covered b4 but does anyone know the sizes of the stock jdm front and rear sway bars for our car ??

cheers

lukits01
07-11-2008, 01:21 AM
ha ha nah i don't think so, considered that option but not for me.

thanks anyway

Just took your (well not yours anymore:p) car to Barbagello raceway,
man... you don't know what you're missing out on hahaha

typercivic
07-11-2008, 08:57 AM
Just took your (well not yours anymore:p) car to Barbagello raceway,
man... you don't know what you're missing out on hahaha

hahaha your killing me, you really are :(

ep3 is a weapon i know, with a lot of potential with a few $$$ thrown at it, good to see it is being enjoyed though, i assume it was enjoyable :p

lukits01
07-11-2008, 09:28 AM
hahaha your killing me, you really are :(

ep3 is a weapon i know, with a lot of potential with a few $$$ thrown at it, good to see it is being enjoyed though, i assume it was enjoyable :p

Yea, its pretty quick in stock form (albeit the endless pads and RE01R)
We put it up on the weight scale in full trim, 1280Kg
Not as light as we thought.

Understeers at the limit, but the limit is quite high indeed!
it would grip and grip and grip, but when you're at the limit the car would lean on the outside springs, and the moment the inside tires lifts up, the LSD would stop working and the car would push understeer.
So First Mod, Suspension! The motor has got enough go as it is.

It's more than 1 sec faster than stock FN2 around Barbagello short and probably about the same gap to a stock S2000

stoj19
07-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Yea, its pretty quick in stock form (albeit the endless pads and RE01R)
We put it up on the weight scale in full trim, 1280Kg
Not as light as we thought.

geez. thats alot, would of definitely expected lower

SuperSteve
07-11-2008, 08:37 PM
typercivic u had semi slicks on ur civic ??

Malenic1981
08-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Boyz my EP3 has arrived hehehe, very very happy, it took a bit longer than it should've but it was worth a wait, I love it, need to clean it up a bit and than get it registred next week, should take some photos tomorow, realy nice car and love the white hehe

stoj19
08-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Boyz my EP3 has arrived hehehe, very very happy, it took a bit longer than it should've but it was worth a wait, I love it, need to clean it up a bit and than get it registred next week, should take some photos tomorow, realy nice car and love the white hehe

dammmmm you......hopefully only a week till mine

Poeter
08-11-2008, 03:50 PM
how do insurances for ep3 fair against other type r's?

egads
08-11-2008, 04:04 PM
slightly better

Philip Lee
08-11-2008, 04:13 PM
definitely better. i got quote for $1k for DC2R @ $20k agreed value and i am paying $800 for EP3 @ $30k agreed value with aftermarket wheels.

SuperSteve
08-11-2008, 04:25 PM
dam queensland >_< in sydney u look at more then double that amount *sigh*

Seren1ty
08-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Hey all, I gave my ep3 a good clean today and took it out for it's first proper dash on some good tight twisties and farout mate, the car was in it's element! It's got enough torque and pickup to just sit in third and go all day =) very happy indeed.

Also came across another cw ep3r facelift model while out today :p my mate who was following me thought he was seeing double hehe pulled up next to him at the lights an he said he'd had his for 4 months so there's at least a few fl ep3's gettin around syd now. He had a single pipe exhaust and a front mugan lip grill, sound familar to anyone?

Poeter
08-11-2008, 06:06 PM
dam queensland >_< in sydney u look at more then double that amount *sigh*

Who's your insurer?

egads
08-11-2008, 07:29 PM
He had a single pipe exhaust and a front mugan lip grill, sound familar to anyone?

did he have a mugen front lip aswell and mugen rear adjustable wing? seen it around, he was at toda dyno day.

icecrm
09-11-2008, 12:10 AM
i seen it aswell yesterday

SuperSteve
09-11-2008, 12:19 AM
Who's your insurer?

im with just car insurance

Im thinking of changing to someone else the insurance is massive

Malenic1981
09-11-2008, 01:33 PM
I got mine for $980 with HBF, full cover, but it's not starting until I get car registred so I'm not really driving it yet:(

icecrm
09-11-2008, 05:36 PM
seeing that there has been some changes to the line up, lets do another roll call

1.Icecrm(jimmy) CW

bradb16a
09-11-2008, 06:26 PM
bradb16a BRAD BLACK mugen ep3 newcastle

SuperSteve
09-11-2008, 06:53 PM
1.Icecrm(jimmy) CW
2.bradb16a (Brad) Black Mugen
3.SuperSteve (Steve) CW

stoj19
09-11-2008, 09:04 PM
bradb16a brad black mugen ep3 newcastle

there is another ep3 in newcastle??? :eek: :eek:

bradb16a
10-11-2008, 07:43 AM
maitland / lorn

kriZy
10-11-2008, 10:08 AM
NICE! more ep3s in sydney.
I'm ordering mine in Late Dec/early Jan.