View RSS Feed

wynode

1. Site Bandwidth

In an effort to improve page load speeds I've also been keeping an eye on bandwidth.

When we moved to a dedicated server in October last year (2009), monthly bandwidth was around 135GB. Actually it was less than that based on the reports by our previous host (more around the 110GB mark). So for the new server I figured 200GB a month would be enough room to grow. Well, it's not even 12 months on and we've clocked up 177GB consistently for the last two months. That's an increase of ...
    Categories
    Site Related
  2. Searching Limits

It has been a few months since we moved to a new dedicated server (around 7 months actually) and this has given us a bit more flexibility.

One of the main things that impacts day to day browsing is the reduction of the time between searches. From memory the time you had to wait between searches (this includes clicking the old "New Posts" button) was around 12 seconds. I dropped that down to 7 second quite a few months a go and just recently dropped it down further to 5 seconds. ...
    Categories
    Site Related