Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    any CAI or RAM type intake with an exposed filter is illegal. Which means to make it legal you need to box the pod.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

dont catch attention and ur fine...
    unlike a big cannon where they can hear it even at idle...

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Sorry fellas... I argued every point ever been discussed about the use of CAI/WAI/Pods by clubs/forums/performance shops/RTA and the DECC is adamant about both being unroadworthy.

The legailty of CAI being legal because the pod wasn't exposed in the engine bay was apparently a myth which is fair enough because it still increases induction noise... especially on vtec hondas.

P Plater or not you can't have it... i give up on this shit... just went back to stock airbox WITH the freaking resonator (which i'll remove after my final test).. that shit really is restrictive.....

The DECC now check for:
    Noise - Exhaust & Induction
    Emmisions - Exhaust
    Anti-Tampering - Modifications to Intake & Exhaust.

I extensively enquired about the latter (Anti-Tampering) and APPARENTLY a full modified exhaust system is fine as long as you have the stock muffler. Discovery of restrictor plates between flanges will incur a fine and be reported back to the DECC.

With Induction.. you have to have every piece from factory including all resonators.. which means no oil catch can.

I have yet to ask if engineering makes all these rules redundant
    Last edited by dsp26; 13-12-2007 at 07:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    I know coz i've got my Noise/Emissions/Anti-Tampering Inspection this saturday...
    what on earth is THAT?

you get busted?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Discovery of restrictor plates between flanges will incur a fine and be reported back to the DECC.
    what on earth?

who told you this, from where?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    what on earth?

who told you this, from where?
    The restrictor plate I speak of is like an aluminium piece traced to the shape of the flange between muffler/pipe (i was hoping to pass it off as a gasket, but seems they check everything thoroughly now).... i had a 2,5inch system which was loud.. i made one with a 1.5inch hole and placed it there... it was discovered but was let off because my full exhaust system still made 88dB on 5700rpm and 89dB on throttle off.... only reason i'm going back was coz i didn't have stock induction system which i now have and re-installed last night... pass dB is AT or below 90dB @ 5700rpm

The DECC approved inspection centre i went to in Granville told me this.... it conflicts with their "Anti_tampering" policy because it is considered a temporary item the exact same way a removable N1 silencer is for cannons. ANY exhaust/sound control devices apparently had to be permanent/welded.. ie cannon silencer is pass-able if proven to be permanent enough... ie enough weld on it that you cannot remove it again. Any attempts to make temporary fixes are finable now apparently where-as before if you just put a cannon silencer on they tell you to take it off and fix the rest.
    Last edited by dsp26; 13-12-2007 at 09:45 AM.
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    what on earth is THAT?

you get busted?
    yeah got busted and received notification in the mail... i wasn't busted by the Police... apparently the reason i have to go through the inspection is if at least 3 seperate complaints on seperate occasions were made or if you were reported directly by a council/government worker.

If you do get the notice you are entitled to call up the DECC to get the details of the person(s) who complained but apparently 90% of the time they do not have to leave said details which is obvious making it pointless for me to bother.

Man i didn't even know when all this came in... didn't even know the EPA was made obsolete by the DECC

ahhh, OK.

that is a bad situation... but you were still under teh Db reading, at 89, so mustna been 'too loud'?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    ahhh, OK.

that is a bad situation... but you were still under teh Db reading, at 89, so mustna been 'too loud'?
    yeah twas an outdoor test coz the shop was full.. i hope they don't do an indoor test next :/ coz if i don't pass it'll mean i wasted $$$ and my exhaust system and will have to get catback piping down to 2inch to be safe...

I've always said exhaust systems are one of those things you don't want to have to spend on twice so get a 2.5in mandrel system for future mods.... this situation really puts a damper on that mentality....

on a plus note, my exhaust was so free-flowing before and getting 300Km per ~40L that now with the backpressured oem muffler i'm pulling ~450Km on ~40l... i don't get it but i guess it's a plus of sorts.

Member Array
    Car:
    A black one
    fk man that gey! So no cai no sri no exhaust unless with stock muffler = no fun.
    Anyone selling a black ek1 facelift Hood (OEM)?? PM ME

Member Array
    Car:
    Beautiful facelift EJ8!
    basically anything other than stock they can try and get you for

yeah twas an outdoor test coz the shop was full.. i hope they don't do an indoor test next
    they cant do it indoors.

http://www.ntc.gov.au/filemedia/Repo...stSept2006.pdf
    B20VTEC - since 2002