Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    Hey, anyone beaten a R33 gts-t? I kind of surprised myself when I lined one up and I was even with him for a full quarter mile. I know it was a full quarter because I reached fourth gear, almost redlining the others. And I raced him twice, first one up until mid third gear and the other was fourth gear. I think I surprised him too because he was laughing afterwards and told me "that's a quick car!!".

You beat an R33 turbo?

What mods do you have on your R?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    Quote Originally Posted by vti-2
    You beat an R33 turbo?

What mods do you have on your R?
    ditto. u kept up even with a GTST? please fill us in. my mates deadset keen on an R33 and is adamant he wont defer from the nissan FI path. but if ur running a stock ITR and can keep up with a 33 then maybe i can steer him away ... :P

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Driver skill can win u races also. He might not know how to handle his car, while u can drive the type-r well
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Was his gtst stock? Because if it is, then you will have a good chance to keep up with it if you are a slightly better driver than he is, eg. if he doesn't take advantage of his top end pull then, i rekcon you'd take him

1400/187kw=~7.48
    1100/147kw=~7.48

(Approx Figures)

But as soon as mod's start...the Nissans OWN

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    I did notice his top end was catching me. I don't think any of us launched it properly because of the downslope of the road, but I beat him off mark. As we (or I) was shifting third, I could see him edge on me a bit but then my car would just stick with him the rest of the way from there until fourth. I would have loved to go to top speed, hahaha, but that's crazy on street. I know Type-R's top out on 239km/h so it would have been pretty interesting. After the race I told him my car was stock. He said his was too, maybe coz I said mine was and he didn't want to be embarrassed, but maybe not. Anyway, his didn't look fully stock, but I can't really tell until you open the hood. My car is dead stock.

It was even too coz he had a passenger and so did I. My brother said I wasn't even redlining :shock: And I still kept up with him!

So anyone else have stories with skylines? It's the first time I've ever lined one up and now I just want to line them up :lol: I've done a few boosted 200's and I obviously lost :P But still close races. Nobody in a Nissan has beaten me more than a body. The worst I got beaten was by a CRX! Why? He had a B18C7 in it. :shock:

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    i have drag raced a guy in his DC2 ITR twice at successive intersections. I got him by a car length each time. He was launching it awfully but his VTEC was kicking in hard but by then my lead was too much for him to peg me back.
    Damn it made me happy with my stock civic

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

I hate to break it to you but he either let you win or is a really SHIT driver. There is no way a stock ITR can beat an R33 Gts-t.

Want proof? My mate used to own an R33 Gts-t and we raced many times and he beat me each time. Usually on take off i kept up but by the time we reached 3rd gear he was at least 1 car length ahead. We are both decent drivers by the way, i know how to drive a car hard. and mine is a VTi-R.

Even untouched, those R33's are quick compared to an N/A ITR. Stock, they pull mid 14sec quarter miles? (with a bit of boost and cat back they can pull flat 14's).

Anyway, those Skyline's are nothing without boost so who cares. Honda's are N/A.

You may as well compare apples and bricks really...

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra turbo
    itr?? i thought he owned a type R

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    Quote Originally Posted by Teggy-Vtir
    itr?? i thought he owned a type R

Integra Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    Quote Originally Posted by vti-2
    I hate to break it to you but he either let you win or is a really SHIT driver. There is no way a stock ITR can beat an R33 Gts-t.

Want proof? My mate used to own an R33 Gts-t and we raced many times and he beat me each time. Usually on take off i kept up but by the time we reached 3rd gear he was at least 1 car length ahead. We are both decent drivers by the way, i know how to drive a car hard. and mine is a VTi-R.

Even untouched, those R33's are quick compared to an N/A ITR. Stock, they pull mid 14sec quarter miles? (with a bit of boost and cat back they can pull flat 14's).

Anyway, those Skyline's are nothing without boost so who cares. Honda's are N/A.

You may as well compare apples and bricks really...
    :lol: :lol: You really think a Type-R cannot beat a R33 GTS-T? Doesn't it depend on the driver too? Mate, you're comparing a VTI-R to an ITR. You're comparing your race with a skyline to my race with a skyline. Does that sound funny to you? Have you ever thought about why an ITR costs more than a VTIR? Do you think they have the same engine or something? LOL! I'm not denying that on paper the GTST will beat the ITR. But you can't say that someone with an ITR can't beat a GTST just because someone with a VTIR can't. Have you beaten ITR's before vti-2? If you have, then good on you. If you haven't, then I can turn what you said around and say, there is no way a VTI-R can beat an ITR, unless the driver of the ITR is REALLY shit.

Why must you assume things? Someone keeps up with a car, that on paper, should beat him, and instead of "congratulations for having a Honda and keeping up", you just discourage people. :roll:

You really think a Type-R cannot beat a R33 GTS-T? Doesn't it depend on the driver too? Mate, you're comparing a VTI-R to an ITR. You're comparing your race with a skyline to my race with a skyline. Does that sound funny to you? Have you ever thought about why an ITR costs more than a VTIR? Do you think they have the same engine or something? LOL! I'm not denying that on paper the GTST will beat the ITR. But you can't say that someone with an ITR can't beat a GTST just because someone with a VTIR can't. Have you beaten ITR's before vti-2? If you have, then good on you. If you haven't, then I can turn what you said around and say, there is no way a VTI-R can beat an ITR, unless the driver of the ITR is REALLY shit.

Why must you assume things? Someone keeps up with a car, that on paper, should beat him, and instead of "congratulations for having a Honda and keeping up", you just discourage people.
    Your keyboard must cop a drilling, i feel sorry for it. Why don't you read my post carefully before turning into some big keyboard warrior.

I said that i ran my mate's Skyline when he had it and lost each time. I didn't say mine was quicker than an ITR, or better, or that my car can beat an ITR.

I'll repeat what i said in my other post. There is no way you could have beat him unless he let you win or he was a shit driver. I'm not hanging shit on your car either. Yes it's different on the road and you beat the guy, but that's not to say he wasn't a shit driver. If you put two drivers of equal skill in an R33 Gts-t and a DC2R, who will win?

In reply to one of your other comments, yes i've beaten an ITR before, not by much either but who's to say the guy wasn't trying? Maybe he was a shit driver?

Grow up and read peoples posts carefully and with more thought before posting back stupid comments and making assumptions.