Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 Integra Type R
    tyre pressure should be okay, just bought new tyres after my service. could it be if they used a thicker oil than before that could be a problem? like if the oil now is thicker than the HONDA OEM oil i always get? I have heard that the ELF oil they put is 10W 50 now.. not sure what the honda oem one was...
    Last edited by fezp; 15-10-2008 at 07:01 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by fezp View Post
    tyre pressure should be okay, just bought new tyres after my service. could it be if they used a thicker oil than before that could be a problem? like if the oil now is thicker than the HONDA OEM oil i always get? I have heard that the ELF oil they put is 10W 50 now.. not sure what the honda oem one was...
    Honda oil is 10w-30. I have used 5w-30 ELF oil before and it was fine. 10w-50 is a bit thick and might rob a little bit of power.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 [vte-33c], S2000 AP1
    yeah dey service my car with elf oil now..

hmmmm

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Hanny's performance.. nah didn't leave it overnight. oil change, fuel filter, spark plugs (dont know whether they replaced it cause there's no price next to it)
    Knew it!!! LOL.

Did they do the "special" Hannys performance modificaton... ie: punching in fuel reg, and jumping a tooth on the cam gear, to advance timing?

I notice a massive difference in engine response from going from 5W-30, to 10W-40. So the 5W-50 or what ever it was, it most likely robbing you of response/power.

How many KM's on the engine?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 Integra Type R
    80k now. just did the 80 service at 79k

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    In that case, i'd be using 5w-30, or 10W-30... maximum thickness 10W-40.

Very low Km's on the DC2R... FTW!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 Integra Type R
    i dont wana have to pay hannys again for changing the oil for me.. since it was their stupid fault in the first place.. i was happy with what i was getting from them to begin with. gah.
    hmm any suggestions? btw are we sure that it's the oil?

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    i dont wana have to pay hannys again for changing the oil for me.. since it was their stupid fault in the first place.. i was happy with what i was getting from them to begin with. gah.
    hmm any suggestions? btw are we sure that it's the oil?
    I, Myself... am pretty certain that if they did use 10W-50 you will loose engine response. Like I said I can notice a major difference going from 5-30, to 10-40. I could only imagine what 10-50 would feel like...

Also if that's pretty much all they changed, it's most likely that. It does explain the symtoms... Changing oil would be the cheapest fix. Just DIY, it's easy, or head on down to Touge Tune or something...

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9, eg, n360,
    yeh but if u do the service urself and only change the oil, filter, possible coolant, thats all most people do.. what bout leads, idle control valve clean out, throttle body clean out. report leaks.

these people should b doing a better job.... me on the other hand hate payin people for things i can do myself... hence y i dont.. but im picky

anyways i dont think the oil would have to much to do with it... is the intake blocked? or something maybe rag in there or something... if ur not happy take it back.. thats y u pay people to do stuff..

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    tyre pressure should be okay, just bought new tyres after my service....
    in my experience they never get the pressure high enough so I always check it immediately

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Quote Originally Posted by A-man View Post
    anyways i dont think the oil would have to much to do with it... is the intake blocked? or something maybe rag in there or something... if ur not happy take it back.. thats y u pay people to do stuff..

10W-50 in a B18C would definately make the car run like shit. hehehe a mate put Castrol Edge 15W-60 in his VTi-R once. The thing was having trouble cranking over, barely idled, and lost all power.

Member Array
    Car:
    DMC-12
    yes it's your oil! i noticed that too on my car.. kinda struggles to pick up the revs.. they also put 10w50. it's to thick which causes drag on the pistons.. on my next oil change i'll ask for something thinner like 10w40