Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda VTIR 99

unleaded or premium petrol?

I was just pondering about the fact yesterday I filled my car with unleaded petrol and right after i opened the petrol cap there was a sentence writing "only premium unleaded" What do you guys recommend I should use? unleaded is mostly cheaper than premium. I was thinking of filling up my car once a month with premium and other days with unleaded. whats best for my car? I drive a honda integra vtec. 99.

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Whats a Honda Vtec?

I didnt know VTEC was a model for Integra? lol

Assuming your "vtec" is a VTiR - use premium unleaded... you can pass by using unleaded, but ever since I've owned my teg and all my mates + their tegs, we've all used premium.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra '06 Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by Q_ball View Post
    Whats a Honda Vtec?

I didnt know VTEC was a model for Integra? lol
    LOL

Bad ass Q
    Im after the Integra (DC5) Type S "Workshop" Service Manuel. help a brother out

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda VTIR 99
    You get the idea sorry lol would unleaded petrol be bad for the car in any way? or is just premium more for just performance wise? sorry for the newbie questions just curious on the matter.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    i fill my 95 gsi with bp ultimate

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    mate you need to revise your terminology a little -

all fuel sold now is 'unleaded', what youre actually asking is whether you should use 91/92 octane, or 98 octane premium (there is also 95 octane premium).

theyre all unleaded

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra '06 Type S
    E85 ftw!!! Lol
    Im after the Integra (DC5) Type S "Workshop" Service Manuel. help a brother out

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    Noob forum.

U get wat u pay 4.

Esp in our high reving engines u need High octane fuel.

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    So it actually says on the fuel flap "only premium unleaded"... there is a reason for it. Just as a little bit of study for yourself, do a search for differant "grades" of fuel, and see what the differance is between them, and what advantages and disadvantages they have... as this'll help you understand why a lot of people use a higher grade fuel... unless they just do it because there friends do.

but, if you do plan on using a lower grade fuel, try not to rev the car excessively as it'll ping... amoungst other things.
    Last edited by 45SET; 16-10-2008 at 12:44 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    LOL at Honda VTEC.

Just quickly is there anything wrong with mixing petrol

as i just poured about 20L of BP ultimate, and im thinking about filling the rest up with 8000 from Mobil

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney Buses
    IMO, premium petrol makes my car run more efficient than 91/92 octane.
    Apparently with the normal or 91/92 octane, your fuel will not burn properly. Hence, damaging your car or even cause your car to ping sometimes.