Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    b20 dc2

Heavy duty clutch or stando clutch?

i can get a heavy duty installed for 650 is dat a gud ddeal?? or 600 for the stando...

comments plz

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    depends what mods your pushing

Unless you have big power, Standard is beter IMO.

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Just the clutch or getting a light weight flywheel also?

Have you done any research yourself? Is the $650 to include fitting?

Member Array
    Car:
    b20 dc2
    yer 650 is for a clutch kit and installation

and so far theres no perforamance mods on my car but wont i need a heavy duty one if im thrashing it all the time?

other mates have told me 300 just for the heavy duty clutch

another has said he would fit it for 500 if i get my own clutch so im thinking just go the 650 deal...

other qoutes i made are 800 for a standard installd and 920 for a heavy duty installd
    and also i can get a standard clutch for 120 off a mate
    Last edited by danny_2132; 16-10-2008 at 04:55 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Luxury
    Careful where you're doing the clutch change.... As i've learnt that minor savings from going to cheaper places tend to produce crap results... (owing to the experience i had from paying supposedly cheap prices for crap...)
    I would say shop around for prices from good reputable workshops.. might be 20-30% more expensive.. but certainly saves you the trouble of troubleshooting any issues if it was badly installed... E.g. I've paid 400 for a supposed good custom catback.. which was actually shit when i had a look under the hoist.. different sized joints although i strictly mentioned 2.25inch ... got quoted 520 to do the same thing from a very reputable workshop in WA (which shall remain anoynomous..)

FYI: not saying that your installer is crap.. or cheap prices = crap everywhere... incase i've disturbed anyone's delicate mental balance by saying so...

Hope this helps...

Member Array
    Car:
    00' PY DC2R
    520 is pretty dear if u got ur catback done at some cheap-ish workshop.

exhaust torque charge about 400-500 for the catback piping and their welding and bend is sweet. Heard they had closed down already.

btw, remember to get the rear main seal when installing the clutch, and of cz go easy on the clutch for the 1st 1000ks or so, just so as to let the clutch bed in nicely with the flywheel
    I my Honda

EJ8 - DC2 - EM1 - DC2R - CP9A - CT9A - CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    b20 dc2
    ahk shit i didnt know dat lol i was test it out right after i got it done thanxx for da info lol

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    get heavy duty. Lasts heaps longer plus 50 bux extra.why the hell not. While your at it go buy a type-R flywheel they are cheap ($80-100) and you will notice the difference...

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    get heavy duty. Lasts heaps longer plus 50 bux extra.why the hell not. While your at it go buy a type-R flywheel they are cheap ($80-100) and you will notice the difference...
    Lasting longer depends on which clutches you are comparing. In general comparing the Daikin (also known as "Exedy") Standard and Heavy Duty...there is no differance in the clutch face or compound...the pressure plate simply has approximatly 20-30% more pressure (or torque). Alot of people say it's better if you have a modified car. When in a stock car the differance will not be as noticable, when your power creeps over stock, a heavy duty will handle the changes better.

Another thing you might want to consider...depending on the "duty" of the clutch; if you drive hard it will put added strain on all your driveline components. Including your transmission, driveshafts and bearings.

If you don't plan to track or do any hard driving...and your fairly confident that you have relatively good gear changing skills (not ones that make the car sound like its constipated and where you can hear/feel the clutch slipping) a "Standard Duty" should do the job fine. However for $50 extra...i don't see why not.

PLEASE ensure you KNOW that he is putting the heavy duty in and not just charging extra for the same damn clutch. Dodgy places do dodgy things. I would suggest at least asking to look at the clutch and brand names & details before proceeding.
    Last edited by Sp00ny; 17-10-2008 at 01:42 AM.
    >> Now Known as "Phased"

Member Array
    Car:
    00' PY DC2R
    im using fidanza flywheel, cheap and good alternative if u wan it to feel more free revvy.

mine is 3.7kg lightened fidanza
    I my Honda

EJ8 - DC2 - EM1 - DC2R - CP9A - CT9A - CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    damn how much did that cost? . type-R flywheel is like 6kg and it is very noticable . How is the release of the clutch? Does it pull way more quicker?

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    I have a type R flywheel for sale...$85

Get the Heavy duty clutch, get a DC2R flywheel machined, and throw it all on. It'll be FTW!