Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    8th Gen Honda Accord Euro

[CU2] Accord Euro Lux Man After 1 month...

Hi everyone!
    I have so many problems with my car after a month of taking delivery (only done 1500 km and use 98oct).

1) Driver's and passenger side window and door trim rattle.
    2) Rear window (behind rear passenger seat) loud rattle
    3) Wobbly and loose handbrake (it moves from side to side by about 2cm and can only hold the car after 6 clicks on an almost flat surface)
    4) No grip in the rear tyres. I was going around a roundabout at 35 on second gear and my car almost did a 180. Was really pissed off.
    5) Fuel guzzling sound when I press the accelarator.
    6) Gear box and centre console shaking vibrantly when driving on a semi rough road (like highway)
    7) Steering wheel shaking and loud noise (it was on a right gear so definitely not an underpower low RPM vibration)
    8) Car steering slightly to right

I have been back to my dearlership couple of times.
    They said it is all fixed or is supposed to be like that. But nothing has been really changed and they don't really address the problems very well.
    I am starting to get really really really annoyed.
    What should I do?
    To all you experts! Give me some solid advice please. Thank you.

I would try another dealership

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by power_of_dreams View Post
    I would try another dealership
    ^^^^Agreed.Where do you live?We may be able to recommend some good Honda dealers for service.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Pretty far away... Gold Coast. There is only one in South Port and one in Tweeds/Coolangatta. All are owned by Von Bibra. The sales people are great but the service people... hmmm I have my doubts...!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by chikaboom View Post
    Pretty far away... Gold Coast. There is only one in South Port and one in Tweeds/Coolangatta. All are owned by Von Bibra. The sales people are great but the service people... hmmm I have my doubts...!!!
    Hmmm,i've heard their service division leaves a lot to be desired.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    4) No grip in the rear tyres. I was going around a roundabout at 35 on second gear and my car almost did a 180. Was really pissed off.
    That would be impossible in the dry in the Euro even with cold tyres - what were the conditions?

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    the gold coast boys have been saying how poor the service is, some of them even come to brissy to get it done. Personally i've been to Austral honda and highway honda and think they do a pretty good job. Austral Honda will charge you more but has better facilities, highway honda was ~$30 cheaper for my 10k service but its service centre was quite old.

Come try one of our dealers and see if it's any better, might be worth the drive =)

Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    Geeeeee, what happened to 8th gen Accord Euro, been out only a few months, and a numerous problem start to surface. wondering if Honda has learnt the art of "cost cutting", I hope not.

Yeah, you should try a Brisbane dealer see if any of them have some trick to get rid of those problem for you.. Did you have window tinting done? if it is the cause of your door rattling noise, and if your tint is done thru the dealer, then your dealer should fix that problem for you. the tint people may have snapped a plastic bolt or two while removing the door penals.

Since you got Manual version, do you get "pinging" noise as other new euro owners describe in the other 2 threads? or you door rattling noise simply too loud and masked the pinging noise.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro lxry
    Unfortunately................WELCOME TO HONDA ):

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Impossible? Well, let me tell you, IT DID.
    Slight rain on tarmac and 35km right turn at roundabout with 2nd gear with VSA on.
    Make any sense? It doesn't and that is why I was pissed and still am!
    Even on dry surface, the car doesn't feel like its got much grip in the rear tyres.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    09 cu2 lux man
    ive just done 2k in my cu2 lux manual

the only problem is that there is a slight rattle on drivers side but cant find were

i think even bmw has rattles. so i can live with them.
    i have to have my 1000 km service first how much is that.

also i got 850km out of my tank not bad hey

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Impossible? Well, let me tell you, IT DID.
    Slight rain on tarmac and 35km right turn at roundabout with 2nd gear with VSA on.
    Make any sense? It doesn't and that is why I was pissed and still am!
    Even on dry surface, the car doesn't feel like its got much grip in the rear tyres.
    so wet roads... roundabout (90 degree turn)... and the back slid out?

and your complaining?

i know theres a round about near my house that once wet even taking at 20km/hr the car will slide (any car - not just the euro)