Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    Well, I had the car checked out today, Sparkplugs-all clean, Leakdown test-all good, radiator pressure test-FAIL.
    Turns out it was just the radiator cap after all! still at least I have had the leakdown done now just for a bit of peace of mind.
    Took her for a drive today for about an hour in traffic and coolant temp didn't budge from the normal position, oil temp sat on 210F until I was boosting hard or had the aircon on, then it went up to about 230F. When I stopped there was no issues and temps came down quite quickly.
    All good!!

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by mooshie View Post
    Well, I had the car checked out today, Sparkplugs-all clean, Leakdown test-all good, radiator pressure test-FAIL.
    Turns out it was just the radiator cap after all! still at least I have had the leakdown done now just for a bit of peace of mind.
    Took her for a drive today for about an hour in traffic and coolant temp didn't budge from the normal position, oil temp sat on 210F until I was boosting hard or had the aircon on, then it went up to about 230F. When I stopped there was no issues and temps came down quite quickly.
    All good!!
    Sweet

That's great news
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9, eg, n360,
    YES THE DA KING WAS RIGHT :P

good new man

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukezen27 View Post
    My coolant was also clean, I think it depends what quality coolant and age you have weather or not it gets smokey..
    Its not an age thing. It gets smokey cause exhaust gas is being pushed into the cooling system. Carbon deposits and everything else.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by mooshie View Post
    What makes you say these fans are shit?
    Made in china. No shroud. Shroud is the key to drawing air effeciently, evenly through the radiator. It stops hot spots forming and keeps coolant at a much more consistant temp. No shroud gives u the 10+deg spikes/jumps in a small period of time. Shroud increase cooling efficiency 3fold. Stock fans may not full as much CFM, but the shroud makes them winners.

Honda-tech requires a bit more effort then just a few seach strings. Almost everyday is there is a post about cooling issues. If you have a problem, chances are there are 100 americans who have had it before u.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    i'm running the factory fan with shroud. Slight mod to one corner of shroud make it fit and works fine.
    Otherwise i'd recommend the Davies Craig fan, which i have on my A/C side
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9, eg, n360,
    i dont think u guys understand it... its a da9 thing.. u physically dont have the room to run shrouds and other BS. its not like egs/ek/dc/etc. they have heaps of room to put a big manifold in and still keep atleast one stock thermo. where our ones u cant even use say a ugr manifold because u will loose atleast one manifold without exhaust and or intake... its not a matter of shroud vs. no shroud and cheap vs. expensive thermos its all about room... mooshie would back me up on this aswell. i know ive just been through it

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by A-man View Post
    i dont think u guys understand it... its a da9 thing.. u physically dont have the room to run shrouds and other BS. its not like egs/ek/dc/etc. they have heaps of room to put a big manifold in and still keep atleast one stock thermo. where our ones u cant even use say a ugr manifold because u will loose atleast one manifold without exhaust and or intake... its not a matter of shroud vs. no shroud and cheap vs. expensive thermos its all about room... mooshie would back me up on this aswell. i know ive just been through it
    If u can run a fan, u can run a shroud. End of story.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    they make pretty slim fans you know.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    ex-DA9, Altezza
    damn..nice car man!
    ModBox

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    Went for a nice long drive today, on the Victor Harbour cruise. No issues with temperature at all,Oil topped out at 240F and came back to about 220F under sustained high speed and high (3400) revs at about 100kmh.
    Ambient temp was about 16-20 degC, still might have to get an oil cooler for those hot summer days.
    Radiator and fans are having no trouble at all keeping up.

Main problem now is traction, have to get me some better tyres for the front!
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    Finally upgraded my exhaust today.

now have a full 2.5" system, JunB.L. straight through muffler out to twin 3" tips on one side now.
    Muffler is mounted transverse across the car like the standard system and it has a much nicer deep tone.
    first impressions, the car feels more responsive although at this stage I have only gone up to 3500rpm, boost is still hitting the full 8PSI at 2700rpm.
    She goes in on Thursday for a retune, cant wait!
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985