Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

To wax it or not

Hi guys,

I just bought a second civic and I'm not sure the car has been given a paint protection or not.
    I bought a maguire wax stuff, then suddenly my friend told me that I'm not supposed to polish my car if there is a paint protection on it?

What do you guys think about? should i polish it with maguire NX stuff or normal wash is more than enough?

Is a black vti

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by tazman888; 19-10-2008 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tazman888 View Post
    Hi guys,

I just bought a second civic and I'm not sure the car has been given a paint protection or not.
    I bought a maguire wax stuff, then suddenly my friend told me that I'm not supposed to polish my car if there is a paint protection on it?

What do you guys think about? should i polish it with maguire NX stuff or normal wash is more than enough?

Is a black vti

Thanks in advance
    to my very limited understanding about paint protection,
    it makes no sense.
    they arent bulletproof and u can still scratch it (or key it)

or did ur fd mean ur not supposed to polish it the minute after u put on paint protection?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1, RS125
    He's probably right.

But you can always clay bar it, and remove everything so you can do it yourself.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Lancer EVO III
    paint protection is a massive scam. i used to manage a carwash, i would have soccer mum rock up in her X5 or whatever and be like no i dont need polish i have paint protection...and i say look at your car woman!! you have light surface scratches everywhere and u have let bird shit bake in the sun on your bonnet which has now burned your paint!! your paint protection is doing JACK ALL!!!

so to answer your question..dont trust paint protection. yes wax your car regulary and always clean up bird shit imediatly!!
    Lancer EVO III

Vtec Enthusiast

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    lol whats the diff between wax and polish?
    Quote Originally Posted by kazam View Post
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro 08
    my dad car has paint protection and the paint is pristine whereas my euro which is just under a yr old is completly F*****.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG seeker/CEM1 Cyborg
    Quote Originally Posted by johnprocter View Post
    lol whats the diff between wax and polish?
    wax makes it smooth and polish makes it shiny

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro08Jaz View Post
    my dad car has paint protection and the paint is pristine whereas my euro which is just under a yr old is completly F*****.
    Did you wash your car by sponge or by spinning roller?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

paint protection is a load of bull shit. for example buying a new car, it is a sales person job to sell the 'paint protection' as they get comission or have a target mark per month and get a bonus if they reach that target. they will talk it up saying and i quote 'you will never have to wax or polish your car ever again' which is totally untrue and not a magic protection barrier that they make it out to be. they are selling their/companies products which is no more than your everyday wax's and polishes that you can find in any autobarn, supercheap or repco.

if i was you id wax the car, a little more wax never hurts. if you have light surface scratches, swirls, buff marks or any other contaminants on your paint. run a clay bar over the car which removes those hard contaminates deep within the paint, then give it a polish. for deep scratches use compound polish but be careful as it is more abrasive and can scratch paint if not used correctly.

spent almost 5 hrs on saturday washing, polishing and waxing the car... and it looks better now than when they delivered the car new.

I tried claying the bonnet (obviousely with a quick detailer as lube)... and it felt like rubbing freakin bluetac on the bonnet... didn't notice anything different so though it a waste of time to do the rest of the car..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Lancer EVO III
    did you see any dirt on the clay? if there was no residue on the clay then yeh waste of time, but i remember the first time i did my car with cleaner clay then polish then wax, it was so damn shiney and slippery when i was done, throw a rag on my bonnet and it would just slide right off.
    Lancer EVO III

Vtec Enthusiast

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    ^^ Use clean car shampoo/soap solution though. The used soap has dirt in it.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2