Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6

Unregistered Vehicle

Hi All
    Buying an Unregistered vehicle from newcastle and have to get it down (Drive) to sydney, anyone knoe how to obtian a UVP or Done something similar? Rang the RTA Number but the lady wosnt very helpful
    Cheers
    Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    hmm id tap it. Even in mid air like that. Possibly with the pee pee flying out too.
    you guys remember squirtqueen.com ? I spent many a hr in computer studies in yr 10 looking that up.

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    You maybe better off towing the car back down to Sydney.

The only time where i've heard of someone being allowed to drive a car whilst unregistered is if its to the mechanics place to get a blue slip.

Id give the RTA another shot though.. sometimes its just a matter of finding someone that understands your problem - call centres, you sometimes do need to call back more than once.
    Last edited by Q_ball; 20-10-2008 at 10:27 AM.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6
    Thanks Qball Will keep on to them
    hmm id tap it. Even in mid air like that. Possibly with the pee pee flying out too.
    you guys remember squirtqueen.com ? I spent many a hr in computer studies in yr 10 looking that up.

Hi mate,

Just drove down from Brisbane buying an unregistered car. You'll need to apply for a UVP as stated and get insurance for the amount of days you've applied for in the UVP.

The costs are $20.40 per day + the insurance for the period. But this was through QLD Transport, when I called the RTA about this they told me to go to Qld transport, so there are some helpful ones out there.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    93' Civic Hatchback
    legaly no u cant drive it bak but when i drove my unrego car bak home i got pulled ova by highway patrol, but i had the guy i got the car off write a reciet i just showed them that nd they let me go. but no u cant get uvp, the cops said they went out a few years ago. but wat qball said is correct u can drive it to blue slip nd bak home or to blue slip then rta then home but u have to use the most direct route possiple. if u get pulled ova u just tell them wat ur doing then they record ur vin no. nd ur licence no. nd then let u go.

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey RA1 sooo old
    in QLD u can get a UVP sold a unreg car a few weeks ago and the guy who bought it did that so he could drive it about 150kms tween towns legally.

depends on where you live or where you are taking the car to.

In QLD you can obtain a day pass CTP (Class 22 i think) which will allow you to drive the car unregistered from 1 location to another that will need to be purchased in conjunction with a slip from your local transport authority.

You could always tow it as others have said or have it trucked (may cost about a grand)
    I haven't driven a Honda in years. :/ Does my honda lawn mower and whipper snipper count?

Member Array
    i bought a car in melb and drove it back to adel that was unregistered, it didnt even have plates on it
    not sure of the processes in syd but i had to get the vin number, engine number etc go to rego office and get a UVP
    they give u a slip that u stick on ur windscreen
    was pulled over bout 4 times and let go every time no problems

hope that helps

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    i drove my old school charade back, unlikely you'd get pulled over with traffic on front and back of the car and p plates if you are one, q ball i understand you have to drive it to the mechanics to get blue slip, but does that mean pink slip as well if its out of rego for 2 weeks or so?

Pink slip is necessary whenever the car has run out of rego, unless the car is less than 5 years old. And a blue slip is also necessary if its an interstate car.

I drove Brisbane -> Sydney with no number plates and p-plates on and didn't get pulled over once, which was surprising especially since I was driving a 'hoon' car lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    if a car goes out of rego for more than 1mth it needs a blueslip also.
    Pretty sure that if you get a blueslip you don't need a pink slip
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    if a car goes out of rego for more than 1mth it needs a blueslip also.
    nah, its 3 months. this was discussed in a thread last week
    to see all of my build, checkout