Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda civic ek4
    interesting thanks for the reply guys =]

hmm have you tried waxing it down Phillip? I'm pretty sure it will become glossy and shiney If u do let me know how it turns out ay

give the new clear a bit of polish
    フジタエンジニアリング

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by A'PEXi View Post
    give the new clear a bit of polish
    yeh thats right.. BUT NOT WAX until like 90 days later.. needa let your paint breathe =]

Read #10

http://www.meguiars.com/faq/index.cf...54&section=_54

and heres some extra info:

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/fo...ad.php?t=10723
    Last edited by RtN; 24-10-2008 at 12:38 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    08' Euro CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ek4Vtir View Post
    interesting thanks for the reply guys =]

hmm have you tried waxing it down Phillip? I'm pretty sure it will become glossy and shiney If u do let me know how it turns out ay

never thought about that hahahah guess its cause im use to not waxing the sideskirts before cause they were just black plastic, but i'll definately try doing them later on down the track and let you know of the result, i'll prob try some plastic polish on it a bit later on too

Member Array
    Car:
    08' Euro CU2
    color matched the side ones today too, looking better now =)
    i got a bit lazy to take them all of so i did them the lazy way and just taped it all around with electrical tape, nice and soft, good on the paint.
    4 layers of primer with sanding in between, 3 layers of colour and 4 layers of clear coat, looks outstanding =).
    i think i might actually leave the door handles and mirrors, gives the door a bit of contrast that having everything silver.

just some pictures to illustrate the end, techniques used in this part was pretty much the same as the sideskirt one

Member Array
    Car:
    EK, JZX100
    looks awesome!

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    do the mud flap as well.....nice!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    08' Euro CU2
    mud flaps are rubber, im not too sure how well paint goes on rubber.
    i was thinking of actually taking them off cause it looks kinda good but in another way i kinda wanna have them there to stop all the crap going onto the sideskirts when it rains

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    wow nice job, as soon as my holiday starts i was planning to paint the moulds and skirts to. thanks for the guide!
    Rep +

Member Array
    Car:
    Gen5 VTi-R Prelude
    haha good work phil ! never thought ud be bothered doing this. Time to do ctr style headlights =P hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    take your car even to a panelbeater and they will paint match your car as well. thats how i got mine done, also probably a good idea to put some clear coat on too- between the base coat and clear coat you should probably do it within 15minutes (While paint is tacky) or if you let it dry make sure you clean the base coat with some prepsol then spray it on again
    i also wet sanded and polished my side skirts/trims but im just anal :P lmao

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 Civic EK1
    steve88, how much did it set you back to color code the skirts with panel beater?